Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - Summary for Fully Vaccinated & Boosted People

Poster: A snowHead
@bezthespaniard, cheers. Suggest all read the original excellent post, which as you can see from above is edited ONGOING to ensure it is up to date. Fewer posts may then be required
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks all. We are going to keep an eye on what the French Government websites are saying.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This looks like a very useful thread ...
What about Canada and US ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone driven (via tunnel or ferry) from UK to France yet with the current rules in place? Any issues?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Amazon to start doing PCR tests for £34.99...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/dec/13/amazon-to-sell-low-cost-pcr-covid-tests-for-uk-travellers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Fridge03, Rob@rar went this last week - try a search for his post (i don't believe he had any probs)

found it

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4874188&highlight=#4874188
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:
Amazon to start doing PCR tests for £34.99...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/dec/13/amazon-to-sell-low-cost-pcr-covid-tests-for-uk-travellers

Already live https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09HN5KC8Q?tag=amz07b-21
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fridge03 wrote:
Anyone driven (via tunnel or ferry) from UK to France yet with the current rules in place? Any issues?
As albob said, it was straightforward. I uploaded my certificates to Eurotunnel a couple of days beforehand, and check-in and border procedures were straightforward. The French border agents only asked to see my UK passport, although I'm not sure whether Eurotunnel have some way of letting the French border know that I met the requirements for entry to France. The Lateral Flow test I did was purchased from c19testing.

An hour or so later another snowHead (ArcticRoll) had to show his documents and, I believe, was erroneously told by the French border agent that his Lateral Flow test needed to be done within 24 hours of entry, but he would let through anyway. There seem to be too many examples of inconsistency. Hope that is resolved soon.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This reported in the Guardian
Quote:
Sajid Javid told MPs the justification for having the rules is “minimised” by the new coronavirus variant “spreading rapidly” throughout the country.

He added he has raised the matter with transport ministers and he hopes the government “can act quickly”.

His remarks came after Labour former minister Ben Bradshaw repeated his call for the “very draconian, costly and complex” travel rules introduced only recently to try and stop Omicron arriving in the UK to be dropped.

The UK’s largest airlines and travel companies have also expressed their concerns about the “haphazard and disproportionate” restrictions imposed by the government.

Tougher rules introduced due to Omicron mean everyone entering the UK must have evidence of a negative pre-departure test, and self-isolate until they receive a negative result from a post-arrival test.

People arriving in the UK from the 11 African countries currently on the red list must spend 11 nights in a quarantine hotel at a cost of 2,285 for solo travellers.

Mr Javid told the House of Commons: “I think [Mr Bradshaw] makes a very good point, given that we already know that the Omicron variant is fast becoming the dominant variant in our capital city, spreading rapidly throughout the country, the justification for having those rules is minimised.

“It’s something that I’ve already raised with my colleagues in the Department for Transport and I do hope that we can act quickly.”

[...]
It comes as ministers are set to consider whether to replace hotel quarantine with self-isolation at home for fully vaccinated travellers.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar wrote:
I'm not sure whether Eurotunnel have some way of letting the French border know that I met the requirements for entry to France.

They do, via API-PNR - the same protocol airline use. Although I am not 100% sure they extended it to support health information Puzzled
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Oleski, thanks. Which I guess is why I shouldn't be surprised that the French border agent wasn't interested in anything other than stamping my passport.

Hope it is as smooth on the way back to the UK at the end of the month.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Has anyone actually returned through Geneva airport from the Rhone Alpes region without a 72 Hour PCR as per;

" *Travellers from Rhone-Alpes are exempt from the Swiss locator form and do not need a Pre-Departure PCR Test* " ??
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think I know the answer to this but in case a knowledgable Snowhead knows different, I thought I would ask.

I am aware that for Switzerland, a PCR is required within 72 hours of arrival and separately to this requirement, for entry, those who have recovered can show proof of a positive COVID test up between 11 and 365 days old instead of a vaccine certificate.

It is well known that PCR tests can show positive up to 90 days after an initial positive COVID test.

One of my party due to go to Switzerland got COVID 2 weeks before we are due to travel. He will have finished isolation and has a downloaded version of his COVID pass (from being vaccinated) and has transferred this to the Swiss app before it was blocked by the positive PCR test so all good there. However, given it is fairly shortly after recovery from COVID, there is a reasonable risk that the PCR will remain positive even if he isn't infectious/symptomatic.

Ironically, despite that he will potentially have both a valid vaccination certificate and a valid recovery certificate!

Some countries with PCR requirements entry waive these for those recently infected/recovered as the test will be inaccurate e.g. Iceland. I can't find anything about this being the case for Switzerland so I assume they don't but anyone know of any other avenues for being able to enter, other than hoping he has cleared the virus and manages a negative PCR just before travel...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thecramps wrote:
I have some thick questions about the sworn statement I'd be grateful for help with.
When it says "residing at" is that full address?
For "initial place of origin" I assume it means place we set off from?
What does "done in" mean? Is it where it was signed?
Thanks in advance of any help.

Brilliant, when I first reviewed the document I had the same thoughts, guess I am thick as well rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes, yes, yes. ( That’s how I did it anyway).
snow report
@michaelbury17, Sorry, see above
snow conditions
Has anyone tried to get from UK to France via Geneva using Easyjet since 4th Dec with only a lateral flow? I am still not clear whether you can transit through on just the lateral flow. Coming back it seems Rhone-Alps are exempt so only the UK requirement of a lateral flow is required. Can anyone clarify/confirm
latest report
MAN - Geneva - La Plagne today was fine. We had all the paperwork printed. PCR was scrutinised at both Man and Geneva. No checks at the French border. Lots of people in queue at Geneva had not filled out the Swiss locator form. That caused lots of delays, but even still from landing to baggage collection was 45mins. I didn't think that was bad at all. It was all well worth it to be here.
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
Fridge03 wrote:
As albob said, it was straightforward. I uploaded my certificates to Eurotunnel a couple of days beforehand, and check-in and border procedures were straightforward. The French border agents only asked to see my UK passport, although I'm not sure whether Eurotunnel have some way of letting the French border know that I met the requirements for entry to France. The Lateral Flow test I did was purchased from c19testing.

An hour or so later another snowHead (ArcticRoll) had to show his documents and, I believe, was erroneously told by the French border agent that his Lateral Flow test needed to be done within 24 hours of entry, but he would let through anyway. There seem to be too many examples of inconsistency. Hope that is resolved soon.

albob wrote:
@Fridge03, Rob@rar went this last week - try a search for his post (i don't believe he had any probs)

found it

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4874188&highlight=#4874188

Thanks both!
snow report
tomb wrote:
Has anyone actually returned through Geneva airport from the Rhone Alpes region without a 72 Hour PCR as per;

" *Travellers from Rhone-Alpes are exempt from the Swiss locator form and do not need a Pre-Departure PCR Test* " ??

Yes, lots of Snowheads returned from the PSB in Tignes via Geneva on Saturday without PCRs.
snow conditions
Flying back to the UK from Switzerland after a holiday in France
- Complete Passenger Locator Form available here: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

- Complete Passenger Locator Form available here: https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

- Proof of Vaccination

- Negative PCR Test, taken up to 72 hours before arrival

- Day 2 PCT Test, self-isolating until a negative test is received

*Travellers from Rhone-Alpes are exempt from the Swiss locator form and do not need a Pre-Departure PCR Test*

Am I reading this correctly, have they dropped the need for a negative LFT 48 hours prior to departure back to U.K.?
latest report
Quick question on the French Sworn Statement…

What are the correct answers for “Initial place of origin and final destination”? Eg airport/airport or home/hotel.

I’m afraid my brain is fried from ordering tests!

Thanks.
snow report
Quote:

Am I reading this correctly, have they dropped the need for a negative LFT 48 hours prior to departure back to U.K.?

All passengers irrespective of country of departure have to take a test, see:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19
snow conditions
Jonny996 wrote:
Flying back to the UK from Switzerland after a holiday in France
- Complete Passenger Locator Form available here: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

- Complete Passenger Locator Form available here: https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

- Proof of Vaccination

- Negative PCR Test, taken up to 72 hours before arrival

- Day 2 PCT Test, self-isolating until a negative test is received

*Travellers from Rhone-Alpes are exempt from the Swiss locator form and do not need a Pre-Departure PCR Test*

Not sure about the PCR - for entry to the UK the gov.uk site says
"take a COVID-19 test – to be taken in the 2 days before you travel to England" -- this would imply that a LFT would suffice.

Posts above seem to indicate that you do not need a PCR to enter Switzerland if you are just flying straight out..
snow conditions
@The Flying Snowplough, I would go with Home/Hotel - others have posted the answers but I can't remember what they were !!
ski holidays
DrNo wrote:
Some countries with PCR requirements entry waive these for those recently infected/recovered as the test will be inaccurate e.g. Iceland. I can't find anything about this being the case for Switzerland so I assume they don't but anyone know of any other avenues for being able to enter, other than hoping he has cleared the virus and manages a negative PCR just before travel...

We’re in the same situation. Unfortunately, in the “Test Requirements” section of https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#-924144951 it states:

“At various times you will be asked to show a negative test result. These provisions also apply to people who have been vaccinated or recovered from COVID, and regardless of what country they enter from.” Sad

We’re planning to buy PCRs more than 10 days before we go just to see if we test positive on them. If we do, we’ll change our flights to somewhere in France. However, it looks like France may be introducing tougher restrictions for travellers from the UK. So, if they introduce PCR too, we’re stuffed!

It seems incredibly unfair, as we are triple-jabbed and very recently recovered, so as safe as we could possibly be!
snow conditions
Media reports coming out that the government will remove 11 countries from the Red List tomorrow, including South Africa.
snow report
Hope they announce no tests required to come home!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

You mean in addition to the existing requirement?
latest report
[quote="Fridge03"]
rob@rar wrote:
Fridge03 wrote:

Thanks both!

Thank you for letting us know your experiences, very helpful. Toofy Grin

My question is, does anyone know if Randox or similar company will be testing the LFTs submitted online Christmas day & Eve?

We are driving to France Boxing day, tunnel booked 0730ish - I am thinking of submitting our (Family of 5) LTFs late Christmas Eve, rather than Christmas day to ensure we get the results back...bloody nightmare Puzzled

And for all we know Johnson/Macron could close the border, impose more onerous restrictions after I've bought 10No LTFs & 5No PCRs at considerable expense Sad
snow conditions
twoodwar wrote:

that would be great news!
ski holidays
@michaelbury17, I’ve the same predicament as you, some of us are flying Boxing Day via Geneva and the others are driving. As we need pcr I’m looking at randox as the cheapest option doing click and collect then using the Dropbox on Christmas Eve. I’m hesitating ordering in case the plug gets pulled and that’s another load of money wasted.
snow conditions
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09HN5KC8Q?tag=amz07b-21

Amazon now do test kits
snow report
michaelbury17 wrote:
My question is, does anyone know if Randox or similar company will be testing the LFTs submitted online Christmas day & Eve?
C19testing have said that they will be working as normal over Christmas, but note that there may be delays when they post out their test kits because courier companies might not be operating as normal. Hope that's true, I'll be sending them my test result on Boxing Day.
ski holidays
Rt Hon Grant Shapps MP

https://twitter.com/grantshapps/status/1470761570192052227?s=20

"All current TESTING measures remain in place & will be reviewed in the first week of January.
Check the rules... https://gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19…"

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 14-12-21 15:29; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@pam w, no tests at all. Everyone’s got Omnicron. France less than us. Pointless test? Also worrying.
latest report
@charlie1314, did the link, can’t find your point. It’s well hidden. Media reports in ‘diverse media’ ie the Guardian and the Telegraph that the test to come home would be scrapped sooner rather than later, and was pretty pointless in the first place as there is more chance of getting omnicron in the UK than anywhere else in Europe perhaps
ski holidays
Also don’t do twitter.
latest report
twoodwar wrote:
@charlie1314, did the link, can’t find your point. It’s well hidden. Media reports in ‘diverse media’ ie the Guardian and the Telegraph that the test to come home would be scrapped sooner rather than later, and was pretty pointless in the first place as there is more chance of getting omnicron in the UK than anywhere else in Europe perhaps

I hope that is the case, my post was to highlight Grant Shapps MP Secretary of State for Transport confirming that all current test measures remain will in place and will be reviewed in the first week of January...
snow report
@charlie1314, first week of January is 7 days. Not very precise. That’s the key problem. You need a date and time for a decision, and a date and time for implementation if a change is required. I’m travelling on the 4th to 8th, so it looks like I’ll have to do the lateral flow up to 48 hours before returning. Then again all politicians have been known to tell porkies, change their mind, not know what they are talking about, or get overruled.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy