Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - Summary for Fully Vaccinated & Boosted People

Poster: A snowHead
Feedback from the coalface - Brits resident in Tignes & dealing with travelling Brit holidaymakers:-
Documents required for travel - contact your travel provider and ask them what you are required to have.
By 'travel provider' they mean Tour Operator - if on a package. If not on a package then airline, Eurotunnel, or ferry company that you are using to get abroad.
There have been many cases the last two weekends of airlines refusing travel as the airline has stricter documentation requirements than the destination country.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, thanks all

I think i need to do an LFT 2 days before travel to England
Fill in Passenger Locator Form whilst I'm out in Austria
Source a day 2 PCR test whilst I'm out in Austria (presumably to arrive at my home UK address)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ipken, thanks for the personal view, amazing people are turning up so ignorant of what's required
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Earlydoors wrote:
Yes, thanks all

I think i need to do an LFT 2 days before travel to England
Fill in Passenger Locator Form whilst I'm out in Austria
Source a day 2 PCR test whilst I'm out in Austria (presumably to arrive at my home UK address)

Yeah looks correct to me though there is another option, ive booked a drive through pcr test at Heathrow online with Eurofins and within a few mins recieved the reference code I will need to enter the uk. I'll drive there from the eurotunnel, take the test, carry on my way home. The result should be within 24 hours (the email said more like 3 - 6 hours)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A quick update for anyone flying to Geneva from the UK - at Luton today EasyJet are turning away people who do not have a negative PCR certificate.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@oui4ski, today Easyjet at Manchester. No check of PCR, vaccine or anything except passport. First checks at Geneva Airport passport control where there was an hour long queue, mainly due to only two officials; most people seem to have proper paperwork
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Someone on here recommended Nationwide Pathology (NWP) for fit to fly tests. NWP let us down badly.
In order to meet French 48 hour requirement with a flight to GVA today (Sunday). I drove for 2 hours to drop off mine and Mrs OTR’s at the lab first thing Saturday morning for a same day test, our samples side by side in the drop box.

No response by late on Saturday so bit the bullet and booked two drive through tests at Manchester Airport for 07:00 this morning. Just before midnight Mrs OTR received her negative test results. I’ve still not received mine and don’t except to now until Monday.

The drive through test at Manchester Airport was brilliant (but expensive). Results back within 2.5 hours and follow up phone call to make sure everything was OK

I’ve yet to see if I can get a refund from NWP but highly recommend the Collinson drive through at Manchester Airport

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 14-12-21 8:51; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bella2015 wrote:
@Tris, yes you are right…so what is your plan for your 11 year old? Are you going to get them a test and complete the declaration??? Not sure what to do with my son who recently turned 11

We're just going to get them to complete the forms, definitely not testing them for outbound or return. Only tests needed are the 2 day PCR tests when back in the UK.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Tris, thank you. This is what l was planning to do
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Earlydoors wrote:
wrote

"...Source a day 2 PCR test whilst I'm out in Austria (presumably to arrive at my home UK address).....

I might be misunderstanding the requirements - but why not just order a 2 day test a fortnight before you go on holiday (posted to your home ) and take the test at home when you return ?

Boots do a service

https://boots.scene7.com/is/image/Boots/covid%20infographic%20updated%20version%2007122021?scl=1
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

I might be misunderstanding the requirements - but why not just order a 2 day test a fortnight before you go on holiday (posted to your home ) and take the test at home when you return ?

That's a good question, and I was wondering the same. And for the "fit to fly" and re-entry to the UK, similarly order 2 "unsupervised" LFTs in advance. The "up to two days" PCR test could be ordered at the same time, taken with you, then done at the arrival airport and posted from there before driving home.

Or is that just wishful thinking?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

That's a good question, and I was wondering the same. And for the "fit to fly" and re-entry to the UK, similarly order 2 "unsupervised" LFTs in advance. The "up to two days" PCR test could be ordered at the same time, taken with you, then done at the arrival airport and posted from there before driving home.

That's what we are hopefully doing.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Depends on the provider. I've just received the full package LFT + DAY 2 PCR from Randox so will take the swabs while in the tunnel and drop them off on the way home with a hope that the result will be in by Tuesday morning.

Chronomics for example will allegedly post the PCRs to the home address in time for arrival. However when I tried to order from them, the website said they will only post them on the day of our arrival, which is a compete nonsense. Also we don't have any of their drop boxes around where we live, so it's another potential delay with royal mail. Randox drop box is right on M20, so a quick stop on the way from the chunnel.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

they will only post them on the day of our arrival, which is a compete nonsense.

Yes, total nonsense. Just looked at the C19 website - they actually advise ordering in advance. Given that possibility, I can't think why anyone would order to arrive (or be posted) on the day of arrival. Perhaps because you could cancel up to the time they post, and get your money back. And for a family, that would be a significant sum.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@pam w, we were just looking at those costs. At the moment all the costs for heading to France (our own place) straight after Christmas are able to be cancelled or moved to a later date - but pulling the trigger on ordering those tests will be a big bill that isn't refundable. And dependent on things right outside our own control, whether Westminster or Paris.

Plus, Christmas post means it would be risky to leave until last moment. I think there was an announcement about yet another briefing on Tuesday, so might wait till after that.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Quote:

they will only post them on the day of our arrival, which is a compete nonsense.

Yes, total nonsense. Just looked at the C19 website - they actually advise ordering in advance. Given that possibility, I can't think why anyone would order to arrive (or be posted) on the day of arrival. Perhaps because you could cancel up to the time they post, and get your money back. And for a family, that would be a significant sum.

From the chronomics website

Day 2 PCR or Day 2 Rapid Antigen (Lateral flow) test, which you need to do after you’ve arrived back in the UK, will be delivered to your home address close to the date you’re due to return from your holiday. They will be delivered in time for you to do your first test on the second day after you’ve returned home, as required.

The statement is bold - gov clearly says it can be taken on or before day 2 rolling eyes They should sack their Product Director. To fudge up such a basic but fundamental requirement, especially for families where kids need to get back to school.
latest report
@j b, we are also going to our own place and the only initial outlay are the antigen tests to leave. antigens to return can be done in France and you and book the day 2 PCR (or os it antigen?) a few days before you return. I haven’t looked but assume we will need a code for the return PCR code for return locator form which will be provided when you order with c19 that will be posted to you when you order and will be waiting at home. We plan to use DAM Health who have in-house labs in many of their branches for same day results. You are allowed to travel to be tested.

We are looking at bringing out crossing forward to Friday from Sunday to leave ASAP. Will order tests on Wednesday morning from c19 for delivery Thursday and test as soon as we receive them.
snow conditions
just been looking at the Chronomics website ; they say you can drop off your 2 day test at TUI shops - very handy ..

https://help.chronomics.com/who-can-use-the-tui-store-drop-off-locations-and-how-does-it-work
snow report
Only certain TUI shops I believe - check which ones. Randox also have a similar scheme for express returns.

https://covid.randox.com/kit-return/

(I bought chronomics for next weeks outbound lft and returns/day 2 and randox for outbound pcr. All going on ice now my daughters just tested positive ….)
snow report
@On the rocks, surely impossible - inconsistent checks from an airline? Very Happy
ski holidays
Hi. Has anybody got any experience yet of transiting back from France into Geneva to fly home? Did you need a PCR after all and were there any signs of the Swiss checking buses/cars as they crossed back into Switzerland?
Currently in VT but can't find a definite answer to this question. Thanks!
snow conditions
bethc wrote:
Hi. Has anybody got any experience yet of transiting back from France into Geneva to fly home? Did you need a PCR after all and were there any signs of the Swiss checking buses/cars as they crossed back into Switzerland?

Lots of Snowheads returned from the PSB in Tignes via Geneva on Saturday. No requirement for a PCR when traveling from a border region:
https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html
ski holidays
@bezthespaniard, is your very first post being updated as we go along?I’m not asking you to do it as it is a job, but thought you might be. Or re- post it amended, as all sorts of posts after it. Your original total clarity has been lost
latest report
Another dilemma - 48 vs 72 hours test requirement when transiting via GVA to France. Which one should we comply with? Where will this be checked? Is this 48 hours pre - flight or pre -arrival to France ( we have an early morning flight on Sunday, so booked PCR for Friday afternoon but worried if results are delayed … or flight is delayed… shall l change to Thursday, but risk not complying with 48 hrs requirement?) Any experience with this so far?
snow report
@Bella2015, see my post above re airport testing. My PCR test was scrutinised at Geneva airport, but the transfer driver did not have to stop driving into France so French haven’t checked my test results
ski holidays
@On the rocks, thank you. I wonder if this is the general practice or maybe you were lucky that they didn’t ask you to stop? Not sure what is the less risky course of action here… comply with all requirements and risk test results delay or just go with the Swiss requirement..
ski holidays
sugarmoma666 wrote:
bethc wrote:

Lots of Snowheads returned from the PSB in Tignes via Geneva on Saturday. No requirement for a PCR when traveling from a border region:
https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

Thanks. It's good to hear that's what's been happening in practice!
latest report
Excuse my ignorance but what is a border region?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
twoodwar wrote:
@bezthespaniard, is your very first post being updated as we go along?I’m not asking you to do it as it is a job, but thought you might be. Or re- post it amended, as all sorts of posts after it. Your original total clarity has been lost

Edited as we go
snow report
The sworn declaration to comply with rules for entry into France from an Amber country requires you to ‘agree on my honour to take an antigen test or biological examination on arrival in Metropolitan France (traveller aged above 12 years)’
so yet another test required.
snow conditions
@Dream Genie, .....If not vaccinated.
snow conditions
@Dream Genie, consensus is that that's a mistranslation. The french version states that the "you agree to submit to random testing" - i.e. if they decide to test you, they will administer the test. None of the fully vaxxed snowheads who traveled so far had to do any tests on arrival to France.

see here https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=157239&start=760
snow report
Downloaded this form this morning and it does require you to agree to test on arrival even having had vaccination.
Oleski, that is not our interpretation of the requirement in French.
snow report
Oh flippin heck, the advice on Diplomatie.gouv.fr has changed since we looked at it an hour or so ago!!!
Looks like it will be worth checking the sworn statement and see if that changes in the next day or two (or even hour or two).
snow conditions
@Dream Genie its exhausting my nerves!
snow report
Mine too. Three of us were on the French government website earlier, three of us have now been back to it, and three of us agree that it has changed this morning.
snow conditions
Dream Genie wrote:

Oleski, that is not our interpretation of the requirement in French.

I don't know, to me it clearly says "submit to a test or examination which can be performed on arrival"

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/130058/1035658/file/04-12-2021-engagement-sur-l-honneur-orange.pdf

You make your call of course
latest report
feefee wrote:
Excuse my ignorance but what is a border region?

It's in the link I posted.
snow conditions
Do you currently need to do a PCR to enter Italy even if fully vaccinated?
ski holidays
@Dream Genie -- I posted this elsewhere....

The French form says something slightly different. Below is a google translation. Sounds to me that you are agreeing to be tested if asked to do so

"I agree on honor to submit to the antigen test or the biological examination that can be carried out on my arrival in mainland France (traveler over twelve years old)."

"Je m’engage sur l’honneur à me soumettre au test antigénique ou à l’examen biologique qui peut être réalisé à mon arrivée en France métropolitaine (voyageur de plus de douze ans)."
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy