Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - Summary for Fully Vaccinated & Boosted People

Poster: A snowHead
"..worry about those on return in 3 weeks time, as much could have changed by then!!!!.." -- Indeedy (UK will review regs in three weeks..)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Charliegolf wrote:
Would a written (ie no QR code) entry in your covid pass suffice? Because the NHS PCRs taken appear there... Round here they come back in about 8 hrs. Drive through, no questions, result goes on your pass.

Regards the above, here's what it says on an NHS neg PCR email:

"Dear XXXX XXXXXXXXX
Birth date: XX XXXember 19XX
Test date: 02 October 2021 (or whenever)

Your coronavirus PCR test (or other lab test) result is negative. It’s likely you did not have the virus when the test was done.

Keep following coronavirus advice including:

regular handwashing
social distancing
wearing a face covering where recommended

You may need to self-isolate, despite this negative result. Go to https://www.nhs.uk/coronavirus and read ‘Self-isolation and treating symptoms’.

If you’re going into hospital for a procedure, continue to self-isolate until the date you go in.

If you have symptoms that do not go away, contact 111 or see your GP. In an emergency dial 999.

Please enter your result into the NHS COVID-19 app using this code: rf68qat0

This will update your self-isolation advice on the app. No personal data will be shared when you enter your test result into the app."

That may satisfy the Swiss, though the vagueness of the bit in bold may mean it won't. Real issue would be that the airline in UK at boarding would reject it imo. Plus of course, you're not supposed to, those free NHS PCR are for symptomatic and contacts of confirmed.

All the same. I'll look at what the result looks like on an NHS health record Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
albob wrote:
@midgetbiker, I tried with these
1 - enter Switzerland
2 - Confirmation of Notification (UK Nationals)
3 - France (coming from country)
4 - Transit (leave airport/change method of transport)
Result states - you need PCR and entry form

If you click - I live in border area (i.e. Cham), you do not need any of these ??

This is me, but I'll be turning up to my next few flights home with a PCR result in hand. Easyjet staff ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT be up to date with minor exemptions like this, so they'll prevent you from boarding.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
On your NHS record it is a deal more specific, but with no QR code still susceptible to abuse. Again, maybe OK for the Swiss but probably not your airline.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rjj501 wrote:
albob wrote:
1 - enter Switzerland

If you click - I live in border area (i.e. Cham), you do not need any of these ??

This is me, but I'll be turning up to my next few flights home with a PCR result in hand. Easyjet staff ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT be up to date with minor exemptions like this, so they'll prevent you from boarding.

The Easyjet staff at GVA will only be bothered about whether you satisfy the regs to get back into UK. By the time you see them you are already in CH, how you got there is none of their concern. IMO obviously.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
midgetbiker wrote:
rjj501 wrote:
albob wrote:
1 - enter Switzerland

The Easyjet staff at GVA will only be bothered about whether you satisfy the regs to get back into UK. By the time you see them you are already in CH, how you got there is none of their concern. IMO obviously.

Talking about flying GVA to UK that is. UK to GVA I totally agree, PCR all the way.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just curious, what are the logistics of getting a PCR in a small ski resort, ..ie is it a case of popping down to the GP, or not as simple as that
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Checking on the BA site about entry into Switzerland it says we can take either PCR or antigen, uk gov site isn't clear, swiss site definitly says PCR but seems a little unclear on whether children need to test too?

We are flying into Geneva and then 8 nights in France, so far I've got
PCR test for adults within 72 hrs
LT for 12 year old within 48 hrs
nothing for 10 year old

Coming back LT for all except 10 year old within 48 hrs

Daily testing for 12 year old unless they accept 1 vaccine and recovery, I'm considering taking private LT's with us, incase their is no testing in our village Belle Plagne
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
WishIWasFitter wrote:
Checking on the BA site about entry into Switzerland it says we can take either PCR or antigen, uk gov site isn't clear, swiss site definitly says PCR but seems a little unclear on whether children need to test too?

nothing for 10 year old

Daily testing for 12 year old unless they accept 1 vaccine and recovery, I'm considering taking private LT's with us, incase their is no testing in our village Belle Plagne

That’s exactly what we are planning - hoping my 12 yr okd will get his second dose late Dec.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
midgetbiker wrote:
midgetbiker wrote:
rjj501 wrote:
albob wrote:
1 - enter Switzerland

Talking about flying GVA to UK that is. UK to GVA I totally agree, PCR all the way.

Yeah, sorry I wasn't clear. I meant BRS->GVA. The Orange Warriors won't be checking my TdS and googling if my address is a border area... they'll be denying boarding rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rookiescot wrote:
WishIWasFitter wrote:

nothing for 10 year old

That’s exactly what we are planning - hoping my 12 yr okd will get his second dose late Dec.

Afraid that none of the private LFT I have used for travel have supplied a QR code, so they won't work for PS. Additionally I think for a test to be acceptable for PS it has to be administered by a medical professional, so none of the private (UK) LFT qualify, not even the ones you do over live video link. The test needed has a result delivered by SIDEP and then easily migrates into TAC for a PS.

That's all just my understanding, but it is based on a fair bit of international travel during Covid, and some testing within French pharmacies and ergo SIDEP.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
albob wrote:
BlueSky wrote:
On the list of 'exceptions to the general test requirement' on the Swiss bag admin site, it mentions 'people transiting through Switzerland without a stopover'. Does anyone have any info about what is needed to prove this? E.g. transfer booking, proof of employment in France etc... (will be travelling from Spain not UK). And presumably 'stopover' means staying the night somewhere?

Just put the relevant details in at this site https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home

Entering from the Eurozone is different than entering from a Third Country, i.e. UK

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH FOR THIS!!! Turns out that entering from the EU isn't actually different (as of two days ago). You need a PCR to enter Switzerland by air, almost without exception (I misread the instructions earlier) and there's no time to get a PCR test before tomorrow. Have managed to change flight to France. Phew.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@BlueSky, it's a minefield for sure, good last minute save.

In the UK you can get 3hr PCR turnaround at the bigger airports, but of course you pay for the privilege. I guess Spain hasn't needed that kind of infrastructure in place.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this site before: https://www.covid19-testing.org/travel-testing

It's run by a reputable testing company but offers a "travel testing comparison site" portal for about a dozen other companies and has a simple "find the right test for me" for every country plus return to England.

Just stumbled upon it and will be using it myself as it is simple, comprehensive and (presumably) up to date.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone seen any UK government guidance on what a UK citizen does if they fail a Covid test prior to travelling back to the UK? If I fail a test and I'm due to fly back from Innsbruck then where am I supposed to stay? Are there Covid hotels for departures as well as arrivals?
snow report
Valkyrie wrote:
Anyone seen any UK government guidance on what a UK citizen does if they fail a Covid test prior to travelling back to the UK? If I fail a test and I'm due to fly back from Innsbruck then where am I supposed to stay? Are there Covid hotels for departures as well as arrivals?

Not sure but travel insurance is supposed to help
latest report
Valkyrie- I believe your holiday insurance will cover the cost of a hotel if positive, but you will have to find a hotel that will take a Positive tested person I assume the insurance company will have to sort that out. The insurance will not cover the cost of the hotel for negative tested partners, wives, children they will be expected to travel back to UK as arranged.

So the infected person will stay in the visited country until they can produce a negative result.

The is the guidance I was given by my insurance company this afternoon.

I had COVID this time last year, I have since had my vaccinations and booster so I felt comfortable with travelling and accepting of the risk, but it does not stop me from been infected/asymptomatic and then having a positive test on holiday and been stuck abroad what I am not comfortable with.
latest report
Can someone confirm for me (second pair of eyes) that this page on Gov.uk is out of date:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland/entry-requirements

A lady who intends to fly to CH at end of week to transit onward to Chx for the season is citing it to me, but I am telling her, no you now need neg PCR.

In the end if she won't listen then what can I do, but it goes against the grain to not at least try and prevent her from ruining her plans.
snow conditions
@midgetbiker, That is DEFINITELY out of date. There's no ifs or buts about this. You need a negative PCR within (I think) 72 hours.
snow conditions
Timmycb5 wrote:
@midgetbiker, That is DEFINITELY out of date. There's no ifs or buts about this. You need a negative PCR within (I think) 72 hours.

Right well I'll try to convince her, I really will try, but tbh ultimately it's not my flight/problem. I will board with neg PCR in hand.
snow report
@midgetbiker, get her to do the Swiss embassy in the UK test https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home

When it asks about nationality, she needs to select "other".
snow conditions
Although it does refer to nationality in one of the answers its the question called "Entry requirement - Which of the following statements apply to you?" that needs "Other".
snow report
Also this page is pretty clear

https://www.eda.admin.ch/countries/united-kingdom/en/home/representations/embassy-in-london/coronavirus.html

As of 4 December 2021, Switzerland has changed its travel rules. For travellers from the UK who enter Switzerland new measures apply which are explained below.

Travellers from the UK (irrespective of their vaccination status):

have to complete a passenger locator form (SwissPLF) within 48 hours before entry
have to complete a pre-departure test (PCR) before arrival into Switzerland
Please note: The PCR test cannot be more than 72 hours old at the time of arrival.
have to complete a second test after 4 to 7 days in the country (antigen or PCR); the result of the second test must be sent to the relevant cantonal office
Please note: Children under the age of 16 do not have to take any tests.
do not have to self-isolate for 10 days upon arrival
snow conditions
Can I ask if I am flying into Genève from the UK and transiting through to France BUT on Swiss public transport, do I still only need the forms & neg PCR, I estimate it will take be approx 3 hours to get out of Swiss.
ski holidays

midgetbiker wrote:
Rookiescot wrote:
WishIWasFitter wrote:

nothing for 10 year old

Afraid that none of the private LFT I have used for travel have supplied a QR code, so they won't work for PS. Additionally I think for a test to be acceptable for PS it has to be administered by a medical professional, so none of the private (UK) LFT qualify, not even the ones you do over live video link. The test needed has a result delivered by SIDEP and then easily migrates into TAC for a PS.

That's all just my understanding, but it is based on a fair bit of international travel during Covid, and some testing within French pharmacies and ergo SIDEP.

C19Testing have a QR code - there’s a sample certificate on their webpage.
snow report
@Jonny996, go through this checklist https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home taking note of @ster 's explanation of when to select "other". Tells you everything you need to know.
snow conditions
andy from embsay wrote:

Excalibur also has a code, but it doesn't work in TAC for the French Pass Sanitaire.
ski holidays
snowdave wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:

Excalibur also has a code, but it doesn't work in TAC for the French Pass Sanitaire.

Ah, ok - haven’t got a current certificate so couldn’t check with Verif.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Planned short trip to Avoriaz flying this Thursday evening and back Monday Evening, and we reckon we need to do the following:

- PCR Test this morning to meet Swiss entry requirements (test within 72 hrs).
- Lateral Flow Test Wednesday morning to meet French Entry requirements (test within 48 hrs - couldn't risk a PCR for both Swiss and French as turnaround time was too tight and couldn't find anywhere local that would do a same day PCR result).
- PCR Test on Saturday in Avoriaz to meet Swiss return rules (72 hrs), although this is the one that is the most ambiguous as could be exempt under the "Close Border Regions clause", but suspect as we have been in UK (Amber country) and we are now non-EU, this doesn't count!
- Day 2 PCR Test on return to the UK.
- Plus all the paperwork of course (Vaccination Certificate, Swiss Entry Locater Forms, French Sworn Undertaking, Proof of onward travel and accommodation)

May as well just hook me up with an IV doing a perpetual test uploading results in real time. Utter Madness!
latest report
Jonny.b wrote:
Planned short trip to Avoriaz flying this Thursday evening and back Monday Evening, and we reckon we need to do the following:

- PCR Test this morning to meet Swiss entry requirements (test within 72 hrs).
- Lateral Flow Test Wednesday morning to meet French Entry requirements (test within 48 hrs - couldn't risk a PCR for both Swiss and French as turnaround time was too tight and couldn't find anywhere local that would do a same day PCR result).
- PCR Test on Saturday in Avoriaz to meet Swiss return rules (72 hrs), although this is the one that is the most ambiguous as could be exempt under the "Close Border Regions clause", but suspect as we have been in UK (Amber country) and we are now non-EU, this doesn't count!
- Day 2 PCR Test on return to the UK.
- Plus all the paperwork of course (Vaccination Certificate, Swiss Entry Locater Forms, French Sworn Undertaking, Proof of onward travel and accommodation)

May as well just hook me up with an IV doing a perpetual test uploading results in real time. Utter Madness!

It's crazy isn't it... We're off to La Plagne for a 4 day trip but driving so don't have the swiss situation thrown into the pot, but still 3 tests for a 4 day trip and we've just discovered that the children in the group are going to have to test daily to ski Sad

Better be good snow Happy
snow report
We are driving to 3V in late Jan. Hopefully things will be a bit clearer/easier by then but I assume that all the current requirements apply to driving as well as flying?
snow conditions
andy from embsay wrote:

midgetbiker wrote:
Rookiescot wrote:
WishIWasFitter wrote:

nothing for 10 year old

OK, but that QR will not contain the info an administered test (as it isn't one) so it won't satisfy TAC for PS.
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
@midgetbiker, get her to do the Swiss embassy in the UK test https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home

When it asks about nationality, she needs to select "other".

Sent her that last night.

This morning I had another go, telling her the page she quoted is out of date and go do some research at source (Swiss), about an hour later she came back gushing thx and saying she had secured the last available (and convenient) PCR slot.

So all good.

Thx
snow report
SO....
to leave france (4 day stay in Morzine) travelling to geneva airport to fly back to the uk am I correct in thinking that I would need a new PCR test done in france not later than 72 hours prior to the flight home and that a lateral flow test ( courtesy of local pharmacy) is not sufficient to enter Switzerland/Geneva airport.
ski holidays
bobhitch wrote:
SO....
to leave france (4 day stay in Morzine) travelling to geneva airport to fly back to the uk am I correct in thinking that I would need a new PCR test done in france not later than 72 hours prior to the flight home and that a lateral flow test ( courtesy of local pharmacy) is not sufficient to enter Switzerland/Geneva airport.

If you're only there 4 days then yes I would say as your Swiss PLF will have to mention France and UK.

If someone is there over 10days then thier CH PLF will only say France, and if you can prove that is Rhone-Alps then there is some debate as to whether you need a test.

Console yourself with the fact the PCR for CH will also count as the test to return to UK (so long as less than 48hrs I think).
snow report
What does this actually mean?

*Travellers from Rhone-Alpes are exempt from the Swiss locator form and do not need a Pre-Departure PCR Test*

Are we saying you have to actually live in Rhone-Alpes as a resident or is it for temporary travellers too?
snow report
paul9619 wrote:

*Travellers from Rhone-Alpes are exempt from the Swiss locator form and do not need a Pre-Departure PCR Test*

Are we saying you have to actually live in Rhone-Alpes as a resident or is it for temporary travellers too?

Exactly, who knows what it really means. I’m just going to get a PCR test the covers me for both entry to Switzerland and return to the UK. They are doing them in resort for €44, whilst an LFT test is €25. Elsewhere, the Swiss say that the coach operator is responsible for checking that everyone has their PCR! So I think an LFT would be fine, but for the bit extra it’s worth the peace of mind.
ski holidays
Germany & back, this last weekend. Obviously the usual Travel documents plus:

Outbound - German Locator Form. Covid Vaccination Passport (The NHS app was fine) Ryanair checked these pre-departure and both were being thoroughly inspected by border guards along with passports on arrival in Germany.

Whilst there it was necessary to check into food/drink places and many of the Xmas Markets with the Luca App, to prove C. vaccination status, and to carry passport or suitable photo id to prove you were the person on the Covid passport. Masks are compulsory pretty much everywhere inside and sometimes outside. The wearing is being enforced.

Homeward bound: UK Locator Form with reference number for the pre-booked PCR before the end of day 2 test. A Covid test taken (negative of course) within 48 hours of the flight (Capacity for these tests in Hamburg was very limited but will hopefully expand) Covid Vaccination Proof.

Ryanair, pre-flight, checked for the locator form & the covid app but not for the covid test (to be fair the requirement was only a few hours old). UK border control on arrival only checked our normal passports.
latest report
paul9619 wrote:

https://www.fedlex.admin.ch/eli/cc/2021/380/en

"Art. 9a38 Exemptions from the test and quarantine requirement

persons who enter Switzerland from a region listed in Annex 1a, provided the country or region concerned is not listed in Annex 1 number 1."(annex 1a is a list of areas that border Switzerland)

The same applies to the Locator form - read section 3 in the above link

(the both just say "Enter the Country/Switzerland......)
snow report
To my mind what might be pivotal here is what it says on your CH PLF. If it says the only place you have been in the last 10 days is Rhone-Alpes (or other exempted) then you are good imo. If it says you have been in UK and Rhone-Alpes (ie you've been on a weeks hol) then you may be on sticky ground.

That's all just the application of logic though, and as we have all come to understand, logic and Covid regs are not always familiar with each other.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy