Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - Summary for Fully Vaccinated & Boosted People

Poster: A snowHead
A guide for vaccinated + Boosted people only, in date as of 13th January 2022. Will be updated as changes are announced.

Flying into & staying in France
- Complete a 'Sworn Statement' available here: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

- Proof of Vaccination & Booster (printed, NHS App or ToutSansCovid App)

- Negative PCR or Antigen (Lateral Flow) Test, taken up to 24 hours before arrival

Flying into & staying in Switzerland
- Complete Passenger Locator Form available here: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

- Proof of Vaccination

- Negative PCR Test, taken up to 72 hours before arrival or Negative Antigen Test, taken up to 24 hours before arrival

Flying into Switzerland & transiting to France
- Complete Passenger Locator Form available here: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

- Proof of Vaccination

- Negative PCR Test taken up to 72 hours before arrival or Antigen Test, taken up to 24 hours before arrival in Switzerland

- Negative PCR or Antigen (Lateral Flow) Test, taken up to 24 hours before arrival in France

- Complete a 'Sworn Statement' available here: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

Flying back to the UK from Switzerland after a holiday in Switzerland
- Complete Passenger Locator Form available here: https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

- Proof of Vaccination

- Day 2 PCR or Antigen Test, self-isolating if a positive is received

Flying back to the UK from France after a holiday in France
- Complete Passenger Locator Form available here: https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

- Proof of Vaccination

- Day 2 PCR or Antigen Test, self-isolating if a positive test is received

Flying back to the UK from Switzerland after a holiday in France

- Proof of Vaccination

- Negative PCR Test taken up to 72 hours before arrival or Antigen Test, taken up to 24 hours before arrival

- Day 2 PCR or Antigen Test, self-isolating if a positive test is received.

*Travellers from Rhone-Alpes are exempt from the Swiss locator form and do not need a Pre-Departure PCR or Lateral Flow Test*

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 14-01-22 9:47; edited 10 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your Swiss info’s wrong - PCR test 72hrs before arrival.

https://www.eda.admin.ch/countries/united-kingdom/en/home/representations/embassy-in-london/coronavirus.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Updated
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Super helpful, thanks!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just hope the French resorts are going to be geared up to do PCR tests for everyone who needs to return via Geneva, if that's what's required!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Plenty of appointments online for PCR tests currently, across the Alps.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh, I think your returning to UK via Switzerland is wrong too. Travellers from Rhone Alps are exempt. See q2.

https://www.newsd.admin.ch/newsd/message/attachments/69393.pdf

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 4-12-21 0:34; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@andy from embsay,

Let's hope that gets fully clarified in practice over the coming days!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andy from embsay wrote:
Oh, I think your returning to UK via Switzerland is wrong too. Travellers from Rhone Alps are exempt. See q2.

https://www.newsd.admin.ch/newsd/message/attachments/69393.pdf

Updated. What’s to stop someone claiming to have departed Val d’Isere before entering Switzerland to avoid the PCR requirement?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
A guide for vaccinated people only, in date as of 3rd December 2021. Will be updated as changes are announced

you missed out the requirements for driving out through France, Germany to Austria - then from Austria through Italy back to France - then from France back to the UK Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
geoffers wrote:
Quote:
A guide for vaccinated people only, in date as of 3rd December 2021. Will be updated as changes are announced

you missed out the requirements for driving out through France, Germany to Austria - then from Austria through Italy back to France - then from France back to the UK Toofy Grin

Haha. You are on your own there.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Interestingly according to Swiss TravelCheck a PCR is not required for people resident in border regions like Auvergne/Rhône-Alpes… I’d bet easyJet will still hardline enforce PCRs for everyone though…
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bezthespaniard, Well done for starting this thread. Most helpful.
Best of luck over the next days/weeks keeping up as the regulations change, and keep changing.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jeeeez! I have the additional flight into the UK if I'm able to fly by the eosb rolling eyes Just the paper weight will put me over the limit!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Damm, I thought I was on the ball with the requirements but I have got the pre flight test wrong.
Flying from the U.K. into Geneva transit straight into France, I thought it was negative PCR 72 hours before OR negative Antigen 48 hours before.

Are you sure it’s just a PCR?
snow report
Jonny996 wrote:
Damm, I thought I was on the ball with the requirements but I have got the pre flight test wrong.
Flying from the U.K. into Geneva transit straight into France, I thought it was negative PCR 72 hours before OR negative Antigen 48 hours before.

Are you sure it’s just a PCR?

Yes. Look at Swiss Travelcheck. It changes today.
snow report
I've seen conflicting advice on different threads for the time allowed for travel to France for vaccinated people; in places it's quoted as 24 hours, in other places it's 48 hours (yes, I know some people say it's 24 hours for unvaccinated, but it's still said as that for vaccinated in places). I've got a Qured antigen test that I need to do before a ferry tomorrow morning/lunchtime; I'd rather get it done this morning so I know where I am, as otherwise it might not be until late afternoon/evening and then I'll need to hope they will still process it.

Is 48 hours for vaccinated, into France, for antigen, 100% definite?
ski holidays
@johnnyboy, yes, definitely. See the “orange” table on page 3 in here. https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/sites/minint/files/medias/documents/2021-12/dp-covid-frontieres-021221.pdf
ski holidays
@andy from embsay, I've seen that before but it's in French Laughing Laughing Laughing , I've only had my chalet business in Verbier for 15 years
latest report
@johnnyboy, beanshhh…
snow conditions
@bezthespaniard, Thanks.

And a Q on the - Negative PCR or Rapid Antigen (Lateral Flow) Test, taken between days 4 & 7. Then reported to the local canton.

I can do a LFT with the travel kits I have. Would that do?
And, I'll only be in CH for 2-3 days before going back to France for 12 days. But I might just do the LFT and report to keep it simple.
snow conditions
Assume if you leave CH before 7 days are up no 2nd test is required?
ski holidays
I’ve got the requirements for Canada if anyone needs them:

You need to be fully vaccinated (double jabbed for now) to avoid mandatory 14 day quarantine.

PCR test required 72 hours before scheduled flight.

Downloading the ArriveCAN app to your phone or the website to put in your passport and vaccination information as well as the PCR test result.

There’s also the electronic visa waver fee but that’s not a COVID enforced requirement.

Edit: There is now a required test on arrival to Canada’s airports.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 4-12-21 10:45; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:

It actually says 4 days somewhere.
latest report
@bezthespaniard, great effort and very useful for all, many thanks.You have probably made a rod for your own back though! Updates would be great
ski holidays
My pleasure. Will keep it updated as we go.
snow report
@bezthespaniard, top work, thanks.
ski holidays
Thanks for doing this. Any chance of adding flying to from Italy and skiing in and out of Switzerland?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonpim wrote:
bezthespaniard, Well done for starting this thread. Most helpful.
Best of luck over the next days/weeks keeping up as the regulations change, and keep changing.
+1

(I've got Spain, via a French airport, coming up fairly soon... wink)
snow report
Now all this can change with this development - and situation i dynamic Puzzled

High risk areas and areas with variant of concern is looked on differently and defined differently by the different countries health authorities:

snow conditions
@bezthespaniard, great initiative but I think you might have given yourself a full time job over the next few months!

Also you’ll need to add a disclaimer before you get sued by any angry punters if you don't manage to instantaneously keep it up to date. wink
latest report
andy from embsay wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

Where did you see that? If you’re leaving Switzerland can’t see why the Canton you are leaving (who I assume is responsible for checking up on the 4-7 day test) would care?
ski holidays
@BobinCH, can’t remember/find it tbh. Agree that if you leave on or before day 7 they’re unlikely to be interested.
latest report
Thanks for putting this together
snow report
@bezthespaniard, yep great effort Bez. Copied it across to TGR where similar questions are being asked
snow conditions
@bezthespaniard, huge props. Thanks.
latest report
My pleasure
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

Where did you see that? If you’re leaving Switzerland can’t see why the Canton you are leaving (who I assume is responsible for checking up on the 4-7 day test) would care?

It comes up on the travelcheck result : arriving from the UK and transiting to another country (leaving airport) this is the result

"..You need to present a negative PCR test (not older than 72 hours). A second test is required FOUR to SEVEN days after entry. This may be a PCR test or a rapid nasopharyngeal antigen test. The test result must be reported to the competent cantonal office. Under 16s and people who have a medical certificate to prove that they cannot have a Sars-CoV-2 test for medical reasons are exempt from the testing requirement. (read more)
You need to fill in an entry form before you cross the border. (entry form)..." (my bold)

Doesn't make sense as you have indicated that your are not staying in Switzerland : travelcheck may need another update....
ski holidays
@albob, it could be correct, as the travel check option is "I enter only for transit, with the intention and the possibility of continuing directly to another country..." This seems to allow for the possibility that you might not transit immediately and therefore you would need to know about the PCR requirement between 4 and 7 days. If you're transiting earlier it won't matter.
latest report
Thanks - great info. I’m so confused - so to transit to France via Geneva airport, I need 2 PCRs within 48 hrs for the 2 vaxxed adults and an LFT within 24hrs for the single vaxxed teen - to comply with French entry as well as Swiss entry regs?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy