Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Conflicting Info About Health Passes To Access Ski Lifts In France (3 Valleys)

Poster: A snowHead
Yet more confusion/contradiction.... rolling eyes

Val Thorens website is saying that health passes to access the lifts are valid only if issued by a country in the EU.

In contrast, Les Menuires website says that UK passes are acceptable.

We are hoping to get back to the 3 Valleys again next week and would obviously prefer to go with the Les Menuires approach.

https://www.les3vallees.com/en/guide/covid-19-peace-of-mind

https://www.skipass-lesmenuires.com/en/mesures-sanitaires

Any thoughts? Puzzled

Furthermore, it's looking likely to be only an ar5e covering exercise, as they will carry out only "random checks" at lifts. In other words, they won't be bothering...

Surely the time to carry out checks is at the point of purchase of lift tickets? Or is that too simple? Am I missing something here? Puzzled rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well as you can import your NHS QR code into the French tous anti covid app I think you’re probably fine.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Meribel ski pass site says

"The recognised QR-Codes are those issued in the EU and in the following countries: United Kingdom, Israel, Switzerland, Serbia, Ukraine, Turkey, Norway, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Northern Macedonia, Moldavia, Morocco, Monaco, New Zealand, Panama, San Marino and the Vatican."

https://www.skipass-meribel.com/en/covid19

Maybe the les3vallees website has been slow to update ??
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
UK certificate is legally equivalent to EU one, so no need to jump through hoops
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The les3Vallees (and the Val thorens one) actually also says the same too - as far as I can see they all agree? On those sites if you click through on "Convert a foreign vaccination certificate into a french health pass" then it says.. (the bottom paragraph being the key bit)

@Bergmeister, I think you're good to go! The snow looks awesome!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andy from embsay wrote:
Well as you can import your NHS QR code into the French tous anti covid app I think you’re probably fine.

Thanks all. That looks like great news!

Last week in Val Thorens we did a Decathlon ski test and they scanned our NHS QR codes, with no need to download them into the French app. Very Happy

It still makes me wonder what they would do, however, if someone's phone battery dies, due to the cold, and they are 2 valleys from home at 2.45pm and are asked to present the Pass Sanitaire.

I fear I know the answer rolling eyes

It looks like it will be best to take paper copies as a matter of course wink.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you just import it into the French Tous Covid app, you simply scan your latest barcode in, and then it is available without needing network coverage in the wallet. It really is simple and works fine.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Bergmeister, print one out, seal into a component bag and pop it into your ski pass pocket along with Carre Neige receipt
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dunc999 wrote:
If you just import it into the French Tous Covid app, you simply scan your latest barcode in, and then it is available without needing network coverage in the wallet. It really is simple and works fine.

Thanks dunc999.

However, we used screenshots of our NHS QR codes, so didn't need internet access. wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
In VT right now - no QR codes being asked for at any lifts. Picked up lift passes from vending machine in tourist office and again no request for Pass Santaire at all. Masks in lift queues (snoods being used by 95% of people) and Pass Sanitaire being scanned at all hotels/bars/restaurants (even when drinking outside)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@RobJsy,
Quote:

Masks in lift queues (snoods being used by 95% of people)

Normal buffs or the special COVID certified ones?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Very Happy Just your everyday normal ones. We just used 'proper' masks for evening bars/restaurant entry.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
We just used 'proper' masks for evening bars/restaurant entry
Hoping my 'proper mask' will be okay Puzzled

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mountainaddict, I don’t think that is accepted. There is no billiard ball filter in the mouth.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RobJsy wrote:
In VT right now - no QR codes being asked for at any lifts. Picked up lift passes from vending machine in tourist office and again no request for Pass Santaire at all. Masks in lift queues (snoods being used by 95% of people) and Pass Sanitaire being scanned at all hotels/bars/restaurants (even when drinking outside)

The Pass Sanitaire requirement doesn't kick in until 4th December. Let's see how many are checked, though....

I'm still miffed that they aren't checking them when folk buy lift passes. rolling eyes

We visited only one mountain restaurant in VT last week, for a hot chocolate cuppa. No masks were in sight (on the 3 staff) and we weren't asked to show anything to get in. We weren't particularly concerned, given that we are now getting used to that back home.
snow conditions
Very confused about the rules for J&J jabbed people (Janssen Monodose).

My mate is Irish and will be joining our ski trip in VT this January, and Ireland considers him fully vaccinated with one Janssen dose. He isn't eligible for the booster yet.

However, France seems to require the booster to allow him into the country? Am I reading that right?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy