Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tomas Olsson missing on Everest north face.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Tomas Olsson is missing on Everest north face
Tomas Olsson is missing on Everest north face, while Norwegian Tormod Granheim has descended to 6500. While rappelling down a 50m cliff, the anchor broke and Tomas fell. Tormod immediately climbed down after Tomas but found only his ice axe....
Tormod Granheim, Fredrik Schenholm (the expedition photographer), Olof Sundström and Martin Letzter (Swedes who skied down easier sections that night) are all currently at 6400 meter getting ready to climb back up and search for Tomas. They expect to take up to 4 days to comb through the area.

More detail
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thats terrible news. After making it through the storms and starting the descent I had hoped they were over the worst of it! I really hope they find him ok.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
admin, Mark2010, Gutted. We have to fear the worst. Tomas is one of the sweetest and inobtrusive here in Cham' Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mark2010 wrote:
Thats terrible news. After making it through the storms and starting the descent I had hoped they were over the worst of it! I really hope they find him ok.

Unfortunately many mountaineering accidents happen on the way down. Various reasons have been suggested such as fatigue, loss of concentration etc.

If you have ever read Touching the Void that is another classic example.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
richjp, Although its a pretty pathetic analogy, I do recall on reflection how, when younger, climbing back down a tree was far harder than climbing up it.

Its a really dreadful thing though, to have made it so far and for this to happen. From what i've read, these guys seem to be true adventurers in every sense of the word and what the are doing is pretty compelling for armchair adventurers like myself. I sincerely hope they will find him alive and in good condition.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mark2010 wrote:
richjp,

From what i've read, these guys seem to be true adventurers in every sense of the word and what they are doing is pretty compelling for armchair adventurers like myself.

I like to ski offpiste and I have trekked in the Himalayas but always with experienced guides and within my own abilities.

I have often been fascinated by climbing and can see the appeal, but I am an armchair adventurer as well in that respect. I have read quite a few mountaineering books but that is far as it goes for me.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
any news from anywhere?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
martski, this is the teams blog: http://everytrail.net/blog/tomas/
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks bexen, prayers go out
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sad news form Everest. Tomas Olsson's body has been located and recovery plans are underway.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can't imagine how all concearned are feeling, our sypmpathies to all close and involved with the project. I hope somewhere within this story there is some good to be found. RIP Tomas, it was a privilage and never a chore. XXX Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hopefully it will be some small consolation to his family that his body has been found. So many on Everest are never seen again. A tragedy nonetheless and his family have my deepest sympathies.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Very sad news.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy