Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buffs as Covid Masks on French lifts

Poster: A snowHead
under a new name wrote:
@pam w, apparently. We shall see. I shall be testing the assertion in Italy this week.

Returned from Selva VG yesterday. Most of the lifties were super hot on FFP2 and being worn correctly. Like, get it right or get out of the queue/lift.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Son just back from tignes, says they have secret police on lifts!!!, without a mask you get tagged, then fined,..lots being fined in the area... police don't make themselves known till they tag you, no warnings !!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice little earner for the resorts with these “special” buffs at €10, €15, €20. My method was use my usual buff, pull it up if needed (barely ever) and carry a scruffy old surgical mask in my pocket in case of officiousness. Worked fine in the PDS.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@yorkshirelad, Been in Tignes for 9 days now. I have seen no evidence of that and not heard of it through the expat network, of which there are about 30 of us at the mo, that I know. Even the bars haven't seen anyone official for a while. I know lots of lifties and pisteurs out here. There's been no warnings or hints of this.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yorkshirelad wrote:
Son just back from tignes, says they have secret police on lifts!!!, without a mask you get tagged, then fined,..lots being fined in the area... police don't make themselves known till they tag you, no warnings !!!

I dont even understand what "tagged" means.

The rest sounds quite fishy tbqhwy.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
First day in Avoriaz today, and zero enforcement of mask wearing on the chairs (I didn’t bother getting one out as most others hadn’t either, and well, you know, we’re outdoors) .

Did encounter someone checking Covid passes in the lift queue for Tour at the bottom of Avoriaz, but it was quite a half hearted effort - had my phone out to proffer my pass before realising half the people were just carrying on past the lady with her iPad, so did the same.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@yorkshirelad, utter dangly bits
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not fussed at all about what sort of masks you had in Les Arcs this weekend. Had my pass checked once, first lift.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Unsurprisingly stocks are little low at the moment but I've bought a couple of these buffs with additional filters which should practical and fit the bill too prior to my trip to the Alps.

https://www.buff.com/gb/masks.html
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We are in Les Saisies and on the lifts (all drag or chairs) a buff pulled up is fine. All eateries you have to scan the NHS or equivalent app.
Mask or buff on bus.
Interestingly, in Troyes on our stop over in the town centre you had to ware a mask even just walking around.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skied in Mayrhofen over Christmas - FFP2 masks only worn on the gondolas. They weren't required on open chairs.

Skied in Saalbach Hinterglemm last week and FFP2 masks required on gondola's, bubbles and chairs. They were red hot enforcing it. I was caught going through a barrier for a chair lift, not having pulled my mask up fully before I went through the barrier and I was stopped going through the barrier, pulled to one side and warned my lift pass would be stopped if I was caught again.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Hopwoodc, French borders must have altered drastically since the last time I checked......................
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
NO LONGER REQUIRED ON LIFTS FROM 02 FEB.......
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stefoy4me wrote:
NO LONGER REQUIRED ON LIFTS FROM 02 FEB.......

That would be nice. Is that France in general, or just specific areas? (I've tried searching for something official but can't find it.)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@shrew, France in general. Still required inside but believe surgical style is fine.
latest report
Thanks. I don't suppose you've got a link to an official announcement about that have you? Would like to send it to friends.
latest report
Here in la rosiere no one is wearing masks on lifts. Pass sanitaire is checked in most but not all restaurants. Masks are universally worn in shops.
ski holidays
Grand Massif last week - buffs up in gondolas, rarely on chairs was the general rule. No insistence on FFP2 standard. QR code spot checks on lift entrances. Almost all cafes / bars checked QR code. NHS version worked fine everywhere. Swiss or UK passenger locator form not checked, ditto French sworn statement. UK - Geneva - Grand Massif was our travel route.
ski holidays
Not official but … https://www.lesechos.fr/amp/1383636
ski holidays
@Kennyboyo, I thought it was either surgical or FFP2 thinking about bars/restaurants?
latest report
We got back from the 3 Vallees on Sunday. Our experience re masks was:

1) Lifts - occasionally someone would ask for you to put on a mask.
2) For lifts most people wore buffs and I didn't see anyone pulled up not not having a FF2P mask.
3) restaurants - they enforced the mask rul whilst moving around, but no whilst seated. A buff was fine in the ones we went to - The Rondy, The Taverne, Alti 16, La Fromagerie
4) Navette Buses - all ask and insist on a mask. Most bus drivers let you on with a Buff but we had one mask Nazi who refused to accept buffs.

They are working out that the whole FF2P mark requirement is a faff and great in principle but practically impossible to enforce.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy