Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet cancelling Geneva flights

Poster: A snowHead
@philgriffiths, this is incorrect information you were given. I was due to fly to GVA on Sunday. Just got off the phone with them. They have given me a full refund
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bella2015 wrote:
@philgriffiths, this is incorrect information you were given. I was due to fly to GVA on Sunday. Just got off the phone with them. They have given me a full refund

Thank you - will try them again, then!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They told me that we qualify for refund under their policy for Switzerland . Maybe there is a brand new travel update for Switzerland, that wasn’t in place this morning
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bella2015 wrote:
They told me that we qualify for refund under their policy for Switzerland . Maybe there is a brand new travel update for Switzerland, that wasn’t in place this morning

Just got off the phone after speaking to someone different - success! I just said that I wouldn't now be able to transit from GVA to France given the new French restrictions on UK travellers and asked what options were available to me. I had to wait a couple of minutes while they checked, but was then given the options to rebook, voucher or full refund. I took the refund option. Thank you for replying to my post!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We were supposed to be going to Geneva on Boxing Day & I noticed that EasyJet are still advertising it as available.
I don’t really want a refund as I bagged these flights back in the darkest days of Covid for £52 return (currently at £280) & to add to that we have to pre luggage shake up allowance.
Thing is with all the cancellations we’ve had I currently don’t need anymore flights, we have half term, Easter & 3 weekends skiing along with summer already booked.
EasyJet are currently only allowing booking up to November 2022, I could take a voucher for the Christmas 2022 flights but I know for sure they will not be available at the price I paid for this Christmas.
Come on EasyJet, open up bookings for next Christmas & let us roll forward these flights a year
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
philgriffiths wrote:
Bella2015 wrote:

Just got off the phone after speaking to someone different - success! I just said that I wouldn't now be able to transit from GVA to France given the new French restrictions on UK travellers and asked what options were available to me. I had to wait a couple of minutes while they checked, but was then given the options to rebook, voucher or full refund. I took the refund option. Thank you for replying to my post!

Valuable information, thank you for your post .
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@philgriffiths, glad that the refund worked out for you too! At least something to help with all the disappointment
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My daughter and partner opted to change flights to Easter at no charge.
A refund was offered but changing seemed so simple and they will want to go then.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can confirm that cancelling flights for this weekend to GVA for a full refund is straightforward when calling EJ this morning. Sad face but at least not as much hassle as last year's cancelled family trip Sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have just obtained a refund for my Bournemouth to GVA flight on 20 Dec. but i had to phone them. Easyjet said that I can get a refund as i am flying from a non eu country and you cant get a refund via their website, despite what it seems to imply when reading. The number to call is 0330 551 5151.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
philgriffiths wrote:
Bella2015 wrote:

Thanks for both of these posts. Despite saying yesterday that they wouldn't refund me, I just spoke to a very helpful lady who processed it straight away.

snowHead wins again.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Easyjet won't offer refund/voucher for flights in January unless they are direct to France Sad

The policy mentioned above for those flying from non-eu countries claiming refund/vouchers only applies for flights before the end of 2021. The agent did confirm that this might be reviewed and possibly extended for January flights. There was no confirmation of the Easyjet flight schedule release for winter 2022/23 either. Previous years it has been released in December... anyone else aware of when this might be released?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
charlie1314 wrote:
Easyjet won't offer refund/voucher for flights in January unless they are direct to France Sad

The policy mentioned above for those flying from non-eu countries claiming refund/vouchers only applies for flights before the end of 2021. The agent did confirm that this might be reviewed and possibly extended for January flights. There was no confirmation of the Easyjet flight schedule release for winter 2022/23 either. Previous years it has been released in December... anyone else aware of when this might be released?

bug, I was just about to call them about my flights going out on 1st Jan and request a refund... I think I will hold on a bit longer and see what happens
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Neillp wrote:
charlie1314 wrote:

bug, I was just about to call them about my flights going out on 1st Jan and request a refund... I think I will hold on a bit longer and see what happens

Same here, I have flights to GVA on the 2nd. Technically the flights can go ahead as it is not direct to France, but I wonder what the chances are of these being canceled? Hopefully things/policies will change or extend before then! It would be useful if Easyjet did announce the 2022/23 winter flight schedule soon to enable people to move flights to a more suitable date...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Supposed to be fly Bristol to Geneva at 11am today, woke up to a cancelled flight Sad luckily just moved it to a later flight. Said it was for weather reasons whereas I suspect it was for consolidating the 4 flights given a lot of people will have cancelled.
snow conditions
BenW_86 wrote:
Supposed to be fly Bristol to Geneva at 11am today, woke up to a cancelled flight Sad luckily just moved it to a later flight. Said it was for weather reasons whereas I suspect it was for consolidating the 4 flights given a lot of people will have cancelled.

Same here! Email at 03:37!! Puts everything back - test/ car hire / accomodation!!!

Pi**ed off now.
snow conditions
Yeah if they are picky about it my test will be a slight bit after arrival but I'm sure it'll be fine.
snow report
@BenW_86, There is mist reported at Bristol, so that may be true.
snow conditions
Some flights in to Bristol yesterday evening were being diverted to Gatwick
snow conditions
My grenoble flights are still showing, I can’t travel . I can’t get through to cumtomer services. How long did you Have to hold for?
ski holidays
I held for 35 minutes. The Easyjet policy is they can fly you to Geneva but your onward journey to France is no concern of their's. I guess some people got lucky and they have tightened the guidance. I had also used on line chat to the same effect.
Now I need to Redbook to see if I can get a flight that's likely to be cancelled!
latest report
Easyjet refunded my flight to Marseille on request. It's not been cancelled - there are probably a lot of actual French people on it.
snow report
How did you get through to them? Just hold for ages?
snow report
@Rednat5, the webchat was about a 3 min wait, but you have to refresh the page to get from the grey 'we are helping other people' to the start chat button, predictably that's orange!
snow report
I’m playing a game of poker with EasyJet. I don’t want a refund, a cancellation would be much better for me so I can change onto another flight FOC
ski holidays
We've got flights booked to Geneva on 2nd Jan with Jet2, for onward travel to Val Thorens. I hope Jet2 recognise the bigger picture and don't wash their hands of it.

I'm not that optimistic, however. rolling eyes

Do any of you have any Jet2 Geneva flights booked for this month? And have you heard anything from Jet2?
ski holidays
@Jonny996, You don't need a cancellation to change your flights with easy, you can do it for nothing up to 2 hrs before departure. You just have to pay the difference if it's more.
snow conditions
@Bergmeister, jet2 have cancelled MAN to GNB up to and including 2 Jan. Our trouble is lots of people can and want to go to GVA, so if the flight is profitable we luck out.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chocksaway wrote:
@Jonny996, You don't need a cancellation to change your flights with easy, you can do it for nothing up to 2 hrs before departure. You just have to pay the difference if it's more.

But if the cancel you can do it without paying the difference.
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:
@Bergmeister, jet2 have cancelled MAN to GNB up to and including 2 Jan. Our trouble is lots of people can and want to go to GVA, so if the flight is profitable we luck out.

I'm sorry but I don't understand your point. You mention cancellations to Grenoble but my Jet2 flight is to Geneva. I'm missing your point about "lucking out" on a profitable flight.

Could you clarify please? Puzzled
latest report
Grenoble is in France where Brit tourists can't legally fly. Grenoble is 90% British tourist traffic.
Geneva is in Switzerland where Brit tourists can legally fly, as well as a significant number of business men, and some Swiss visitors to the UK.

So the Geneva flights may still be profitable, whereas the Grenoble ones would be empty. Essentially, it's not the airlines fault that Geneva is just across a border that we find very happy. Yes they could make a charitable offer, in view of the situation. But I'm not expecting it.

Expect cancellations 15 days before hand to avoid compensation.
ski holidays
@chocksaway, Explain that to me if possible please "Expect cancellations 15 days before hand to avoid compensation."
My jet2 flight lys-man for tomorrow was cancelled on Thursday afternoon.
I assumed I just had to suck it up and move on ? (or stay put, which I will Laughing )
Or are you talking some specific EJ rule ?
latest report
Topperski wrote:
I have just obtained a refund for my Bournemouth to GVA flight on 20 Dec. but i had to phone them. Easyjet said that I can get a refund as i am flying from a non eu country and you cant get a refund via their website, despite what it seems to imply when reading. The number to call is 0330 551 5151.

Thank you for sharing! Smile Have just got off the phone having secured a full refund for Edinburgh to Paris flight. Madeye-Smiley The wait was only 12 mins. V pleased! Very Happy Especially as website gives impression refunds only possible if fight cancelled. Mad I tried contacting easyJet via Twitter beforehand, no response after 20mins. Mad but phonecall was easy and now all good Smile though have to wait 7 days for refund but I trust them for now!
snow report
I’ve just tried this - they said no for my MAN-GVA flight on 26th Dec. I was told that refund is only possible if you are flying from non-EU country AND you are not fully vaccinated
latest report
Oh. Sorry to hear that. Maybe different for France and Switzerland? I only know about France. Maybe we got lucky? Or maybe easyJet is working hard tightening conditions for refund...?
snow conditions
jimmyhotfoot wrote:
Oh. Sorry to hear that. Maybe different for France and Switzerland? I only know about France. Maybe we got lucky? Or maybe easyJet is working hard tightening conditions for refund...?

I'd expect France and Switzerland to be different. UK citizens can still enter Switzerland, and many want to, whilst they can't enter France.

I wonder if it's possible to change the flights to ones into France, and then ask for a refund?
ski holidays
i have a flight booked on the 24th to Geneva for a family of 5 and easyjet wont refund me! i think they want me to go and stay in the airport for a week. I have spoken to them again tonight and it seems that those people who have been refunded have got lucky with 'disruption' by easyjet themselves, ie they are cancelling the flight
im going to wait for a few days to see if things change with Switzerland, (if they stop the uk coming in) and get a full refund, or wait to change my flight maybe the day before it goes.
snow report
@skitow, Under EU261, compensation for a flight cancellation is only payable if the flight is cancelled within 14 days.

However, I am now seeing there is a covid exemption, which I didnt know about. Still trying to get to the source.
ski holidays
I've now found a CAA interpretation, it's not conclusive, full of maybes and could bes and pragmatic approaches.

https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Airlines/Guidance-on-consumer-law-for-airlines/

So, if they cancel 15 days out there is no discussion..
ski holidays
EasyJet refused compensation on my flight to Geneva under the "exceptional circumstances " criteria, yet continued to offer flights to the same location from other parts of the UK. I'm not going to let up on my pursuit of compensation on that basis.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy