Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet cancelling Geneva flights

Poster: A snowHead
@Fi3, i had wondered if compo was payable but having got nowhere with them in similar circumstances earlier this year I haven’t bothered. It seems they can pull the covid lever whenever they like.

Though as you say they are still flying the route but with fewer passengers that seems a bit of a stretch to me. It’s more that they want to maximise profit rather than a direct effect of covid.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@andy from embsay, I’m filing for compo, and I’m going to be like a dog with a bone on it… they cancelled our flight (which was still for sale for under 20 chuffs) but none of the more expensive ones the day before or day later… that’s not a Covid issue, that’s an operational decision.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Following this with interest. For clarity - is this compensation in effect purely for the hassle, in addition to the refund of flight cost/ alteration / voucher ?
It seems rather like the current tory game, Mark your own exam papers...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bergmeister wrote:
Halitosis wrote:
Unfortunately our car hire can't be changed so our current plan after landing is to jump into a taxi to a hotel just over the French border.

We were quoted 50 Swiss Francs 2 years ago for a (10 minute ride) taxi from the airport to Ferney Voltaire, just over the border in France. Shocked

After enquiring at the airport information desk we jumped on a bus to Ferney from the door of the airport, which cost us less than a fiver for the 2 of us. wink

Thanks for the heads-up Bergmeister! On reflection we are now seeking a hotel that offers a shuttle service (with the public bus as plan b)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Roguevfr wrote:
Following this with interest. For clarity - is this compensation in effect purely for the hassle, in addition to the refund of flight cost/ alteration / voucher ?

Yes. On flights of under 1500km if they change your flight by more than (I think) 2hrs(?) with under 14 days’ notice you are entitled to €220. EJ are pulling the “pandemic, innit?” line, but as others have said this looks far more like an operational decision as they are still flying the route, just fewer planes.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I understand that when you arrive at Geneva you may need to show evidence of transfer to leave Geneva within 24 hours. I’m in a similar position and had to book a private transfer to Flaine, to be fair SCGB are going to refund the original transfer cost which will help to offset the private transfer. I’m these difficult times I’m happy to just be able to get there
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was on Edinburgh flight 13-20th December, they pulled 13th so now 16-20 but TBH if I could get a refund I would, the hassle is just not worth it now for 3 days skiing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
andy from embsay wrote:
Roguevfr wrote:

Yes. On flights of under 1500km if they change your flight by more than (I think) 2hrs(?) with under 14 days’ notice you are entitled to €220. EJ are pulling the “pandemic, innit?” line, but as others have said this looks far more like an operational decision as they are still flying the route, just fewer planes.

I'll be pursuing this too ASAP. One further point : is this figure in euros per trip or per flight, since both outward and return flights would both be covered under the 14 days' notice criteria ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@andy from embsay, What if they cancel your flight with less than 14 days notice-can you still make the same claim?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowhound wrote:
@andy from embsay, What if they cancel your flight with less than 14 days notice-can you still make the same claim?

Yes.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-changes/
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonny996 wrote:
I was on Edinburgh flight 13-20th December, they pulled 13th so now 16-20 but TBH if I could get a refund I would, the hassle is just not worth it now for 3 days skiing

You definitely should be able to get one. EJ are being cute and trying to get people to take vouchers etc.

I mentioned upthread that we have a return leg on Jet 2 in March and they adjusted it by 6 hours (same day) and have offered a full refund 3 months out.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Got a full refund but my claim for compensation under EU261 was rejected. Said the flight was cancelled for reasons out of their control-namely, travel restrictions imposed to stop Covid.
Not sure if this is a valid rejection given they have not cancelled all flights to Geneva on that day-so presumably they could still have done mine?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've applied for compensation too, but they " can't find" my booking reference..

Cannot see how they can apply the cancellation logic stated above, given that flights to Geneva were still flying, days after the cancellation, and the guidance had already changed regarding transit through to France etc before the cancellation.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowhound wrote:
Got a full refund but my claim for compensation under EU261 was rejected. Said the flight was cancelled for reasons out of their control-namely, travel restrictions imposed to stop Covid.
Not sure if this is a valid rejection given they have not cancelled all flights to Geneva on that day-so presumably they could still have done mine?

you need to prove it was operational reasons. Probably easier to do if they flew other flights from the UK
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We used Bott and Co when easyjet previously refused a claim due to covid but was clearly operational.

They take about half the compo… but easyjet paid up when they’d already refused.

Today they refused my compo claim for the latest cancellation, so Bott and Co have been instructed again. It’s no win no fee, so why not. £100-ish is better than nowt.
ski holidays
It seems that EJ are cancelling our flights from Liverpool on 3/8 (no longer available to book that day) but are still running flights from manchester. This is so obviously operational/capacity based - I’m surprised they have the brass neck to even try it.
snow report
@rjj501, Is it £220 compo per flight or per return (and per person)?
ski holidays
Per person, per flight I believe.
ski holidays
And as if by magic the Liverpool flights have reappeared…
ski holidays
@andy from embsay, Yeah per person per flight. Then Bott & Co will take £99 + VAT from it, so yeah, £100 each. Obviously if easyJet had a slither of integrity we'd get £220 each, but hey ho.
snow report
Anyone know if EasyJet are still cancelling flights?
My flight to grenoble now shows as not available. So it’s either full or not running? I can still check in online so hopefully it’s ok.

If they cancel how far ahead do they usually do this?
snow report
I think pretty much every flight is full.
ski holidays
Not been contacted by easyjet but our return flight from Venice has disappeared from site. Looks like they are only flying from Edinburgh on Fridays now. However not feeling hopeful at all and our trip is early March.
snow report
@rjj501, Thanks for the link. Doing the same myself for today's flights.
latest report
Can anyone advise whether we might be entitled to compensation for being bumped to a different flight one day EARLIER than the original flight we booked?

We booked EasyJet Edinburgh to Geneva for Sunday 19th December but were notified by email on 1st December that the flight is no longer operating and our booking has been switched to a different flight number now departing Saturday 18th December.
We are accepting the change (rather than the offered refund) though we now need to find an additional night's accommodation.

I appreciate an extra day sounds great but we can't secure an extra night in resort or rearrange our car hire so are obliged to kick around in a hotel close to Geneva Airport - hardly a bonus!
ski holidays
Halitosis, if you can message me directly I may be able to help you with accommodation if you can rearrange your car hire.
snow report
Halitosis, pm sent
snow conditions
we are due to fly to geneva 26th Dec from Gatwick. Given the new rules on france will easyjet cancel do you think, if not what are my rights?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No reason to cancel geneva flights. Lyon / Chambery / Grenoble you could understand.
snow report
We are in Flaine now (sorry!) and booked to fly home GVA to Manchester on 26th Dec. I’m too wondering if the flights will be cancelled.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 16-12-21 13:05; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@james75, I phoned EasyJet this morning and explained to them that following the lates news to quarantine in France and only travel if you had essential needs I wanted to know my options. Of the three offered, change flights, voucher or refund, I took the full refund.
ski holidays
@ralphster, Was that a GVA flight?
snow report
@chocksaway, Yes, MAN - GVA 24th Dec - 31st Dec
snow report
I just logged in and found they had changed my flight time anyway. So was able to cancel and request a full refund. Happy days.
snow report
@ralphster, Ta, that might help when I call 're my flights.
ski holidays
Ok update, turns out they cancelled them too. I was 26th to 2nd .
snow report
My flights, 18th to 23rd Bri - Gen, still there. Not cancelled (yet!)
snow conditions
Log in to your account and look at the flights. I got no emails or notfications.
ski holidays
ralphster wrote:
@james75, I phoned EasyJet this morning and explained to them that following the lates news to quarantine in France and only travel if you had essential needs I wanted to know my options. Of the three offered, change flights, voucher or refund, I took the full refund.

I phoned them earlier and they refused to refund. Same scenario as you, except that I'm due to travel on Saturday.
ski holidays
porkpiefox wrote:
ralphster wrote:

I phoned them earlier and they refused to refund. Same scenario as you, except that I'm due to travel on Saturday.

I was also due to fly out to GVA on Saturday (18 Dec) with EasyJet. Person I spoke to told me that they're only refunding/issuing vouchers for flights to France (and so not GVA). They would only permit me to rebook.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy