Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet cancelling Geneva flights

Poster: A snowHead
@phelpsy74, That’s so rubbish of EJ. On Friday morning I called EJ and was granted a refund for our BRS-GVA flight due to depart today. This flight wasn’t cancelled (I got the annoying app notification telling me to go to my gate this afternoon Sad and can see that it did indeed fly. Could you retry EJ first thing tomorrow and ask them to explain their inconsistent application of refunds Puzzled Hope you get it sorted. It just adds to the rubbishness of the situation
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Roguevfr wrote:
EasyJet refused compensation on my flight to Geneva under the "exceptional circumstances " criteria, yet continued to offer flights to the same location from other parts of the UK. I'm not going to let up on my pursuit of compensation on that basis.

That sounds like an operational decision, aka a profit motive. I think you are right to pursue it. Especially if they flew there from lots of places in the UK. Also did Easy fly from your departure airport to other places, this would help if they play the shortage of crews excuse. FR24 may still have histories for up to a week.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Their website been down for a day.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
easyJet are being inconsistent! After being told yesterday I couldn't get a refund, I phoned again today and got refunded in full for MAN-GVA on 26th Dec.
My sister has also got a refund for her flight this week.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chocksaway wrote:
@Jonny996, You don't need a cancellation to change your flights with easy, you can do it for nothing up to 2 hrs before departure. You just have to pay the difference if it's more.

I've also got a whole look of ski bags and luggage on the £1 deal I'd lose ( about £300 worth) , so I'm desperately willing them to cancel
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
eblunt wrote:
chocksaway wrote:
@Jonny996, You don't need a cancellation to change your flights with easy, you can do it for nothing up to 2 hrs before departure. You just have to pay the difference if it's more.

I've also got a whole look of ski bags and luggage on the £1 deal I'd lose ( about £300 worth) , so I'm desperately willing them to cancel

The cheap bags move with the flight if you change it - you only pay extra for the actual flight. Got some flights with the £1 bag deal (booked in April 2020!!) which I had already moved once, and have now moved again this week. The flight I just moved them from has not been cancelled.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On the other hand, if the flights you change to are cheaper you can't use the credit to buy extra legroom/bags etc.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@chippie, That's very useful to know, thank you
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Does anybody have any inside info on when the winter 2022-23 Easyjet schedule might be released? Website says 'soon'. I've got January 2022 flights that they've changed the timings on, so are now pretty much useless. I'd like to move to Jan 2023, but obviously need them to release the flight schedule.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
RobMcQ wrote:
Does anybody have any inside info on when the winter 2022-23 Easyjet schedule might be released? Website says 'soon'. I've got January 2022 flights that they've changed the timings on, so are now pretty much useless. I'd like to move to Jan 2023, but obviously need them to release the flight schedule.

It has been saying soon for well over two months now... I spoke with EasyJet last week and they could not confirm the release of the next schedule. The current winter flight schedule was released last year on December 15th if thats anything to go by... https://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/article/easyjet-puts-winter-2022-flights-on-sale/

It was mentioned that if the situation remains as we enter the new year, the current policy (up til end of 2021) for flights in to Geneva (technically still able to go ahead) will benefit from a refund/voucher. The policy was set to be reviewed according to the agent on the phone at the end of this month.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@charlie1314, Thanks. Will hang on and hope for schedule release in the next couple of weeks.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anyone know the current state of play re Geneva flights ? I know some people were luckily
fully refunded. Are EasyJet likely to issue a credit note /voucher or like some have sadly reported
that EasyJet are not offering any alternative? Thanks
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i am due to fly out Boxing day & when I called easyjet, I got the jobs worth that advised that as Geneva is in Switzerland & not affected by the French travel ban, the only options I had were to move to a new flight & pay any price difference or cancel & get the tax duties refunded.
Whe I questioned why others have been offered refund he said he would ne specific example.

Poor poor service, but I guess it is that or go to the wall.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonny996 wrote:
i am due to fly out Boxing day & when I called easyjet, I got the jobs worth that advised that as Geneva is in Switzerland & not affected by the French travel ban, the only options I had were to move to a new flight & pay any price difference or cancel & get the tax duties refunded.
Whe I questioned why others have been offered refund he said he would ne specific example.

Poor poor service, but I guess it is that or go to the wall.

Thanks for your reply , so basically whatever you paid gets you the same amount as advertised that particular day
wherever you wish to fly to ?

Did they offer a voucher at all ? Just weighing up my options at the moment but realistically
can’t see a workable situation in France by 9th Jan due to UK and French domestic fronts .
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I never got offered a voucher & my understanding is although the flights cost £750 today, I would only get £210 towards my new flights as that’s what I paid
latest report
Jonny996 wrote:
I never got offered a voucher & my understanding is although the flights cost £750 today, I would only get £210 towards my new flights as that’s what I paid

That’s what I feared, I may enquire about a voucher to see if it’s possible, thank you.
latest report
Those who are trying to cancel and get a refund - call back. I phoned on Sunday and was told no refund. I called back the following day, spoke to a different person and got a full refund.

Very inconsistent, and annoying!
latest report
Easy cancelled my friends Gatwick to Lyon flight today and moved him 6 hours later.

Our Manchester flight still on.
ski holidays
EasyJet have cancelled MAN to MXP friday flights for most of Jan, email arrived today, Sunday flights still on sale though.
Sunday arrival at 19.30 isn’t the best time to start a ski hol.
latest report
Quote:
Sunday arrival at 19.30 isn’t the best time to start a ski hol
But is a hell of a lot better than not starting a ski hol at all wink We've just cancelled for Munich next Monday due to the restrictions on entering Germany... rolling eyes
ski holidays
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
Sunday arrival at 19.30 isn’t the best time to start a ski hol
But is a hell of a lot better than not starting a ski hol at all wink We've just cancelled for Munich next Monday due to the restrictions on entering Germany... rolling eyes

Folk on here are now saying that you are allowed into Germany with a pre-departue PCR... rolling eyes
snow report
I have spoken with an EasyJet agent via the Twitter app/profile and they have offered a voucher or full refund for my flight on the 2nd of January to Geneva from Gatwick. Worth exhausting social media customer support channels if you are not having any luck on the phone!
latest report
There's a way to get a refund directly from Easyjet if you're travelling via Switzerland to France, regardless of the France entry restrictions imposed.

If you say you're unvaccinated you're no longer allowed entry into Switzerland, Easyjet will issue a full refund this way rather than you having to argue that you were travelling to France.
snow report
I gave up & just moved mine to a weekend in March. I’m sure come that weekend I’ll be thinking it’s the best move I had made in ages
latest report
Jonny996 wrote:
I gave up & just moved mine to a weekend in March. I’m sure come that weekend I’ll be thinking it’s the best move I had made in ages

I was going to do that myself, however, my flights for the 28th cost around £340. The prices end of Feb/March for the same flight was £47. I appreciate their flexibility, but not when the price difference is that vast.
snow report
My Boxing Day flights were only £53 return, they were originally a March 2020 cancelled flight, so I see it as a fair move, however if I was in your position I would not be giving up so easy
latest report
Take the £340 as an indication of exactly how much I wanted to ski! Gutted still I can't go.
snow conditions
Called up this afternoon and got my geneva flights for next week cancelled no issue - the girl did say the current 'allowed refund window' is anything up to 3rd Jan though.

I've got other flights booked for end Jan (and various dates after that) - fingers crossed I can use those!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chippie wrote:
eblunt wrote:
chocksaway wrote:

The cheap bags move with the flight if you change it - you only pay extra for the actual flight. Got some flights with the £1 bag deal (booked in April 2020!!) which I had already moved once, and have now moved again this week. The flight I just moved them from has not been cancelled.

Did you change them online or phone up ?
ski holidays
@eblunt, we did it online and the free baggage moved across automatically.
snow report
denfinella wrote:
@eblunt, we did it online and the free baggage moved across automatically.

Thanks. Does anyone know how late you can leave it ? I have a 2 way trip, the return of which was moved by >4hrs. I'm still holding off changing them in the vain hope something changes in the next few days. Do I have to do my changes, say, at least 48 hours before the outbound flight leaves ?

Ooops just seen Johny's post ... up to 2hrs before departure Very Happy
ski holidays
Just chatted to Easy and claimed a refund for my 'reorganised flight' from MAN to LYS next Sat (8 Jan). Relatively easy except the chat function hit at a glitch at their end. Should have the refund to my card in 7 days.
ski holidays
Wonder if anyone can answer this? My daughter was under 15 when we booked our GVA flights, I am just about to change them to April, when she will be 16 - I would rather just do it all online, but wonder if her becoming an "adult" will cause a problem?
snow report
@trmacc, I don't see why. You still pay the same price for the seat as far as I am aware. But to be on the safe side, contact a human, not the chat bot, on line. I only had to wait 5 minutes yesterday for someone, you do have to keep refreshing the contact page though, till the chat button goes orange.
snow conditions
I have just had a look, on some flights kids pay less, on others they don't. Time for the chat!
latest report
@chocksaway, yes that's what I was thinking. There is no airport tax or something for children (£13 I think). Quite happy to pay the difference, but was just hoping that there would be someway to do that online rather than going through the pain of talking to someone! Also still keeping my fingers crossed for Winter 2022/23 to be opened up so I can just move to New Year flights.
latest report
I know these pages can develop into a one sided whingeathon, but to be fair to Easy, they credited my flights to my card on the same day as the cancellation.
latest report
Quick question.

Has anyone tried to move baggage from one flight to another.

Background is, we have a flight to Geneva next Friday that we won't be using as we've booked a separate holiday to the Dolomites. Our flight has been changed by Easyjet so we can get a refund no problem.

We have another flight booked in March also to Geneva, that has no baggage on it.

I want to move the baggage from January to March. The reason I want to move it, is I paid 99p a bag for the January flight, so it'll save me around £200.

I suspect the answer with Easyjet might be no, but might be worth a try. I'd move the flights to next season, but Easyjet haven't released the flights yet.
snow report
I would have thought that the luggage is part of the booking so moves with you.
I recently had to move a BA GVA-LHR flight which included hold luggage, and had to pay the princely sum of CHF 3-
Given that wouldn't buy you a coffee in either of those airports, I think thats pretty reasonable.
latest report
@WindOfChange, that's my thought, but when I get a chance this afternoon, i'll give them a call and try and see what's possible.

I'm not going to cancel anything until the last minute just in case anything happens with Italy, we always have the flight to Geneva as a back up.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy