Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

12-16 year olds - Italy rules?

Poster: A snowHead
For anyone interested had this response today from the Selva Tourism Information Centre re our questions on our 15 year old. Looks (just about) feasible however if I read the response correctly there is a risk that if Bolzano Province is upgraded to Orange status then the Super Green Pass will be needed to even access lifts:

Hello, good afternoon,
thank you for your kind mail.

Exactly if you have the Green Pass that’s fine for the lifts but not for the seats inside of restaurants and huts, bars.
In Italy its so you have the green Pass after 15 days of your 1st vaccination.
So if she has the vaccine longer then 15 days you could try to contact the Skipassoffice info@dolomitisuperski.com if that’s enough and so they can activate it for your.
Otherwise of course there is the possibilities to make a test every 48 hours at the price of 8 €.

To your questions:
-would be able to sit in the outside terrace in restaurants?
Yes that’s possible to sit outside on the terrace of restaurants and huts.
-would be able to find any restaurants on the mountain/ ski areas which provide outdoor seating with maybe some heaters, etc in case the weather is really cold?
Yes most of the huts have outdoor seatings with blankets and heaters.
-would be able to access restaurant toilets if she is eating outside?
Yes that’s possible.
-would be allowed into shops/ Christmas markets with the Green Pass
Yes also that’s fine.

Any guidance you could provide would be really helpful as we need to decide whether it is practical for us to continue with our vacation plans.
Maybe that can help you:
If you have some more questions just let us know.

Kind regards
Dolomites Val Gardena
Lisa

Starting from Monday 6th of December 2021, the Super Green Pass will be valid throughout Italy and therefore also in South Tyrol in addition to the Green Pass. From that moment on, South Tyrol will be the yellow zone.

Super Green Pass Requirements = 2G
• Complete vaccination course (valid for 9 months) or
• Booster vaccination (valid for 9 months) or
• Recovery from Covid-19 (valid for 6 months)

Green Pass Requirements = 3G
• PCR test with negative result (valid for 72 hours) o
• Antigen test with negative result (valid for 48 hours)

The Super Green Pass (2G) is required:
• for access to the interiors of bars and restaurants
• cinemas, fitness centers, events, sporting events, discos
• participate in parties and ceremonies
• in orange areas for skiing and general freedom of movement

The Green Pass (3G) is required:
• Overnight stay in accommodation facilities of any type: the owner of the accommodation facility must check the Green Pass for all guests upon check-in using the VerifyC19 app (Android or iOS). In accommodations with additional services (rooms with breakfast or half board, wellness area, etc., the Green Pass must be checked every 48 hours).
• The guest must have a Green Pass QR Code.
• Guests and collaborators from countries with a vaccination not valid in Europe and QR-Code not readable by VerificationC19 (eg Russians with Sputnik) must be tested or have a European booster vaccination.
• Skiing with use of the ski lifts (covered). Open ski lifts and chairlifts can be used without a Green Pass.
• The Green Pass must be checked every day when accessing the (closed) ski lifts. This can be done easily via the Dolomiti Superski Homepage or the APP (Android or iOS).
• Until 5.12.2021 an FFP2 mask must be worn on the implants. From 6.12.2021 (in the yellow zone) a surgical mask will probably be sufficient.
• Use of public transport.
• Entrance to museums, fairs, congresses, spas and amusement parks.
• Access to the Christmas markets.
• Use of gyms, swimming pools, changing rooms and indoor sports activities.
• For all employees.
The Green Pass is not required to stay outdoors from bars and restaurants, drinks at the counter or take away.

Children under 12 are exempt from the Green Pass requirement and do not need a pass or test.

Information on the testcenter: https://www.valgardena.it/covid-test-center
Information on the Green Pass: https://www.valgardena.it/greenpass

It should be noted that DOLOMITI SUPERSKI has overcome an extraordinary obstacle with this system. We ask for your understanding and patience if sometimes something doesn't work right away.

An adjustment / tightening of government measures is not excluded. We will keep you informed.

Lisa Perathoner
Customer management
Tel.: +39 0471 777 900
selva@valgardena.it
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The one silver lining I took from that is the €8 for a test - I see on the other thread that VT are charging €75 !!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The one bit i think is missing is use of gondolas or enclosed ski lifts - think green pass is needed for them.

Also sounds you can get the green pass with one vaccination but without a QR code need to email lift pass office. If they can’t sort need to test every 48 hours at 8 euros.

Be great to get confirmation from ski pass before you go. Kids not having to test at all (putting aside pre arrival into Italy and UK etc) would be good news.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rinky75, might be a good idea to email Cervinia tourist info and get the low down from them too. We’ve got the additional hurdle for Dolomites with their daily automated ski pass registration - if Cervinia haven’t been so fancy, you might actually have an easier time with it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rinky75 wrote:
The one bit i think is missing is use of gondolas or enclosed ski lifts - think green pass is needed for them.
news.

They did mention that in the The Green Pass (3G) is required: section

Skiing with use of the ski lifts (covered). Open ski lifts and chairlifts can be used without a Green Pass.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Alta Badia put this on facebook:

Alta Badia
Hi Adele, first doses + 15 days is enough: https://www.suedtirol.info/en/information/coronavirus and https://www.suedtirol.info/.../inf.../coronavirus/green-pass Eh oh!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What will they accept as evidence of first dose for 15 year old from UK - only got handwritten card from school..
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Following my earlier post stating sudtirol tourist office confirmed a single vaccination is still enough to get super green pass in Italy , I had a response from the Val Gardena tourist office - this was a second email to clarify after a first email from them last week said super green needed two jabs…

“Good afternoon,

just wanted to let you know that we got the information that for the Super Green Pass it’s also enough to just have the first vaccination (after 15 days). Therefore, there are the same rules fro Green Pass and Super Green Pass regarding the vaccination.”

This confirms what I thought despite a lot of confusion over this

I still can’t get any firm assurance that we will be OK without a QR code - we are told we will have to go to the ski pass office every day to validate daughters ski pass…but I want someone at the ski pass office to give me a thumbs up…

This past fortnight has been one heck of a rollercoaster so far and we have until 12 th now to make a final decision - doesn’t help that the early snow looks amazing…
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the update. We are scratching head with the “what evidence” can we provide. Mentioned on another topic but pulling school emails, trying to get GP letter, school letter etc.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You can link a child's NHS profile in the NHS app and web page to an adults profile. One trick if you look in the 'Immunisations' section you only see basic information. But if you look under 'Medicines' and then Acute you get the full details of the vaccine, including type and even the batch number.

I'm planning on printing out that page as well has having the app to use as 'evidence'. I'm hoping restaurant owners show a bit of common sense!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Interesting, we have linked profiles but nothing shows under that section.
Did yours have the jab at surgery or school?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Due to be skiing in Italy with family on 26th Dec. 13 and 15 year old both recovered from covid 4 weeks ago. Can't get a verifiable digital QR code though. From 17th December U16's can get a digital Vaccination Certificate (according to the call I have just made to 119) but they were unsure if that extended to proof of recovery.........frustrating.....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rinky75 wrote:
Interesting, we have linked profiles but nothing shows under that section.
Did yours have the jab at surgery or school?

Ours was at a vaccine centre
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Classicm wrote:
Due to be skiing in Italy with family on 26th Dec. 13 and 15 year old both recovered from covid 4 weeks ago. Can't get a verifiable digital QR code though. From 17th December U16's can get a digital Vaccination Certificate (according to the call I have just made to 119) but they were unsure if that extended to proof of recovery.........frustrating.....

Any more info on how would be great - we're due to fly to Italy on the 20th of Dec so may need to be the the Guinea pig family!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just spoke to a Crystal advisor. He told me that (according to Crystal) the NHS email confirming a positive PCR test, with child’s name and date of birth, along with a Doctors letter is sufficient proof for them.

I’m hoping to get an email confirmation from them in the next couple of days. Will post here if I do.
latest report
Positive news.
Did they confirm if one jab will be accepted for Super pass for under 16.
We have NHS email showing positive test going to GP to ask/plea for letter.
snow report
As one of our kids has had a single jab I did ask. They were not able to confirm if a single jab (for a 12 - 15 year old) met the 'fully vaccinated' requirement. They suggested there may be information on the UK or Italian Gov website.
latest report
My son just text me to say that he has received a text from the NHS to say he is eligible for the NHS Covid pass. Has anyone else had this text?
snow report
Without breaking any data privacy is your son over or under 16? Thanks
snow report
Just seen this:-
https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1532471/Covid-travel-pass-NHS-letter-12-15-year-old-children-vaccinated-family-holidays-news
snow conditions
hi. he is 15.

He forwarded the message to me and thats what it says!!

Fingers crossed.

Just need to see if I can get one for the 13yr old who has recovered from covid
snow conditions
He has had one vaccine not 2. lets hope
ski holidays
Did have the one jab in school or at a medical centre?
snow report
school
snow conditions
How long is the Green Pass valid?
The validity of the confirmation depends on the type of health service.

A) vaccination:
1. If the first of two required vaccine doses has been administered, the confirmation is generated from the 12th day of vaccination and is valid from the 15th day until the next dose, up to a maximum of 42 days for Pfizer and Moderna and 84 days for AstraZeneca . For example, if the second dose is not administered until 60 days after the first vaccination with Pfizer, the Greenpass will expire on the 42nd day. After the second vaccination, however, a Greenpass 2/2 is issued, which is valid the day after the vaccination.
2. If a second dose has been administered or a single dose after surviving an infection, the confirmation will be issued within a few days. This is valid for 12 months from the date of vaccination or recovery.
3. In the case of a single dose, the confirmation is generated from the 15th day of administration and is valid for 12 months.

B) negative PCR test or antigen test
In the event of a negative PCR or antigen test, the confirmation is issued within a few hours and is valid for the PCR test 72 and for the antigen test 48 hours from the test.

C) recovery
For those who have recovered from Corona, the confirmation is issued on the day after recovery and is valid for 180 days (6 months). If a vaccination is made within 12 months, the vaccination cycle is considered completed.
latest report
From here: https://www.provinz.bz.it/sicherheit-zivilschutz/zivilschutz/digitales-covid-zertifikat-der-eu.asp
latest report
Well found! Confirms what I’ve seen on the VerificaC19 app - the first dose qr code gives a green tick for the first few weeks and then changes to red. Also to the letter of the law means the single vaccinated won’t qualify for a super green pass after 42 days and need to test.

However, I’m hoping for general ignorance of this to enable us to blag our way through with our nhs 1/2 print out to get us into restaurants etc. One place I contacted have already said we’d qualify for dining with a single dose certificate.
latest report
Can anyone bring be up to speed on the testing requirements for under 16s (a 13 yo) to get into Italy? I've been balls deep in the testing requirements for France, and have been ignoring the fact that we fly into Turin for our French ski trip!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@CeliaCo, my son (13) hasn't had anything.
ski holidays
That article stating 42 days maximum after first dose of Pfizer really muddies the water and is a disaster for us if true…first time I have heard that.
Sort of makes sense though otherwise the Italian population would never bother getting the second dose.

Now means we need two things to fall into place this week:

Travel passes for 12-15 yr olds (coming soon but maybe not soon enough)

A second jab for our daughter (first was 24th Sept so nearly 12 weeks …) but currently not available ?
latest report
Timmycb5 wrote:

I am so sorry - it was a blooody scam email. gutted!!!!

he thought it was legit!!
snow conditions
CeliaCo wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:

I am so sorry - it was a blooody scam email. gutted!!!!

he thought it was legit!!
Shameless! Targeting kids now? That’s unforgivable.
latest report
Shocking targeting kids.

Our hotel in Cervinia just confirmed ski lift will accept kids with one jab. Problem still remains proving it. Trying to get GP to write a letter. Got crappy card from school.
ski holidays
Gahhhh.. went through whole rigmarole of getting my daughter a green pass with her one vaccination (she's got am Italian passport). According to that link above it will expire on the day we leave the UK. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
massistar wrote:
Gahhhh.. went through whole rigmarole of getting my daughter a green pass with her one vaccination (she's got am Italian passport). According to that link above it will expire on the day we leave the UK. Crying or Very sad

Can I ask how you managed to do that? Also travelling with kids under 16 with Italian passports.
latest report
I got a copy of her vaccination record from my GP. We then sent that on to the local health board where she's registered with AIRE, Veneto in our case and after a bit of to'ing and fro'ing they emailed us a QR code.

https://www.aulss3.veneto.it/Green-pass-per-vaccinazioni-eseguite-allestero-o-guarigioni-avvenute-allestero
ski holidays
Hi

The travel office in Aosta responded to me with this link. It focus's mostly on the green pass and doesn't answer questions about single vaccinations or QR codes.

https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoCoronavirus.jsp?lingua=english&id=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto

I also found this - is anyone able to speak Italian and call them (long shot I know). I called but alas I dont speak any italian.

COVID-19 Information Line 1500
Useful numbers from the Ministry of Health

from Italy: 1500 (free toll number)
from abroad: +39 0232008345 - +39 0283905385
The hotline, which is open 24/7, is staffed by healthcare advisors from the Operations Room of the Ministry of Health.
latest report
Just got back from Madonna di Campiglio Yesterday. Scanning the EU coronapass app at lifts in the buttom, and no entry without it. This also goes for most restaurants, as they do endforce the rules. Spoke to a British couple, and they didn’t bring the teenagers for this very reason.
latest report
DanishRider wrote:
Just got back from Madonna di Campiglio Yesterday. Scanning the EU coronapass app at lifts in the buttom, and no entry without it. This also goes for most restaurants, as they do endforce the rules. Spoke to a British couple, and they didn’t bring the teenagers for this very reason.

I thought that might be the case. So disappointing for us all. Its so annoying that we dont have a covid pass for our teens.
snow report
We're going to try anyway. Have 12 year old twins. One has had Covid and is therefore recovered and the other has has a single jab. My understanding is that they will be able to get lift passes with a negative Antigen test every 48hrs (which is the green pass) - we'll use a local pharmacy in Corvara for the test. They can eat in the hotel restaurant and can eat on balconies on the ski field etc. with the green pass.

I think the only problem will be eating inside in restaurants - technically they meet the criteria for a super green pass, certainly the one who has recovered does - we just can't prove it with a QR code. We can show the records in the NHS app with a child linked to a parents account. The other child with one jab may have an issue but the rules do say 15day after the 1st jab until the 2nd. The 42 day rule I posted above could be an issue. I'm hoping at least some of the restaurants are sensible as the issue is the lack of QR code, not actually breaking the rules.

So we might just be eating in the hotel the whole time!

If there's anything I'm missing please let me know - we fly on the 20th and I'll certainly report back to this group.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy