Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

12-16 year olds - Italy rules?

Poster: A snowHead
We’re in the same position. 15 year old had second jab yesterday but youngest not due until end Jan so hoping I can either get him jabbed earlier or he manages to avoid omicron for another few weeks. But at least they are now getting 2nd jabs, we can get proof and Italy is still letting us in. Hotel has put back our deposit payment twice but want it on 10 Jan.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jonners85 wrote:
nicholsg wrote:
For anyone still interested in traveling to Italy with kids, we arrived last night and it seems fine.

We have 12 yr old twins - one who has had Covid and one with a single Jan from October. I think it will be down to the person you get at the ski pass shop, and your negotiation skills but we managed to get them on the lifts. They seemed ok with the single vaccine based on a printout from the doctors and maybe didn't notice it was more than 42 days ago (or its not an issue - I wasn't going to ask!) - they did have a problem with the recovery note from the doctor even though I had an almost identical one with a QR code that their scanner accepted. They allowed him on with a negative test - and accepted one from the UK even without a QR code. It only lasts 48hrs.

I'll try again with the recovery certificate but looks like we're fine to ski with negative tests every 48hrs.

I think restaurants will be patchy - had lunch inside today with no questions asked, but some signs on restaurants needing Super Green Passes

Just wondering how you got on throughout the holiday? Did thr kids manage to get on the lifts everyday or end up having to test every 48h?

We are due to head out on Monday, our 13yo son is double jabbed but only have the print out from the doctors showing this, no QR code.

I we have just returned. We needed to test the children every 48hours to get on the ski lifts. there is a scanner on the lifts that they needed to use every day. It was independent of the ski pass.

We queued up at the chemist - was a bit of a pain and took around 45 minutes but with an immediate print out of the test result.

The mountain restaurants were fine without a code - but the restaurants in town werent. You need the super green for those ones.

By Feb - the kids are likely to be double jabbed and have availability with the QR code on the NHS pass.

Also - you really need decent masks with you. We were turned away using normal paper masks - we needed N95 masks (they accepted the FFP2 one which is all we had).

Hope this helps

Currently deciding whether to take the gamble or not!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nicholsg wrote:
How long is the Green Pass valid?
The validity of the confirmation depends on the type of health service.

A) vaccination:
1. If the first of two required vaccine doses has been administered, the confirmation is generated from the 12th day of vaccination and is valid from the 15th day until the next dose, up to a maximum of 42 days for Pfizer and Moderna and 84 days for AstraZeneca . For example, if the second dose is not administered until 60 days after the first vaccination with Pfizer, the Greenpass will expire on the 42nd day. After the second vaccination, however, a Greenpass 2/2 is issued, which is valid the day after the vaccination.
2. If a second dose has been administered or a single dose after surviving an infection, the confirmation will be issued within a few days. This is valid for 12 months from the date of vaccination or recovery.
3. In the case of a single dose, the confirmation is generated from the 15th day of administration and is valid for 12 months.

B) negative PCR test or antigen test
In the event of a negative PCR or antigen test, the confirmation is issued within a few hours and is valid for the PCR test 72 and for the antigen test 48 hours from the test.

C) recovery
For those who have recovered from Corona, the confirmation is issued on the day after recovery and is valid for 180 days (6 months). If a vaccination is made within 12 months, the vaccination cycle is considered completed.

The next problem is the QR code - if you don't have one you have to go to the ticket office each day to get the pass validated and there are quite long queues We only actually got emailed it once and its a bit fiddly to do online but it's worth it as you can do it from your phone. Use
https://www.dgc.gov.it/spa/public/ - and select User without health card or vaccinated abroad. The tricky bit is that when you enter the Type of document provided at the time of the swab... it needed a different answer some days. Passport didn't match the 1st day but Identity Card did and vice versa other days. A bit frustrating as it took several attempts each day but we eventually got through it and were able to download a QR code that the Dolomiti Superski app would recognise - and could use it again on the 2nd day to verify the pass.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes I think having to queue each 1/2 day to faff with testing for junior would kill the enjoyment of the holiday for me seeing as we plan to drive to different aosta resorts each day as well.

So that leaves it until end of jan to hope he doesn’t get covid and is able to have vacc 2 then a v late purchase in feb of lift pass and ski hire.

Does anyone think they may be capped or oversubscribed at late notice ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I we have just returned. We needed to test the children every 48hours to get on the ski lifts. there is a scanner on the lifts that they needed to use every day. It was independent of the ski pass.

We queued up at the chemist - was a bit of a pain and took around 45 minutes but with an immediate print out of the test result.

The mountain restaurants were fine without a code - but the restaurants in town werent. You need the super green for those ones.

By Feb - the kids are likely to be double jabbed and have availability with the QR code on the NHS pass.

Also - you really need decent masks with you. We were turned away using normal paper masks - we needed N95 masks (they accepted the FFP2 one which is all we had).

Hope this helps
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi! How did it go?
I can’t work it out at all
We are going to pila for half term.
My 12 years old caught Covid just after her birthday so isn’t jabbed.
She will be 2 months post Covid when we go. Will she be able to get a super green pass?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi! How did it go?
She will be 2 months post Covid when we go. Will she be able to get a super green pass?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowysarah wrote:
Hi! How did it go?

As it stands right now - maybe - but you will probably need a QR code from NHS to show the Italians... a letter from your GP likely is not to cut it.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

And from 10th Jan to 31 March you will need super green to access ski lifts - https://www.lovevda.it/en/before-your-trip/information/coronavirus
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can get QR codes in a letter now for 12-15 year olds:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/nhs-covid-pass-for-12-15-year-olds-for-international-travel
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sheffskibod wrote:
Snowysarah wrote:
Hi! How did it go?

As it stands right now - maybe - but you will probably need a QR code from NHS to show the Italians... a letter from your GP likely is not to cut it.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

And from 10th Jan to 31 March you will need super green to access ski lifts - https://www.lovevda.it/en/before-your-trip/information/coronavirus

We got rejected from two separate ticket offices in the Dolomites with the doctors printout of a positive test - they weren't having any of it. Vaccine fine, but not recovery without a QR code.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Has anyone had any joy in England getting their 12-15 yr old second jabbed at a walk in centre ahead of the 12 weeks? Got 17 tortuous days to keep youngest clear of covid otherwise the half term holiday is toast.
Might just try my luck later.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@MHSkier please let us know how you get on! My 13yo is due for 2nd jab on 9th Feb, too tight to get paper letter from NHS as things stand. Am keen to try my luck at a walk-in, in a couple of weeks and just beg for them to do it
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@MHskier, Just don't log it on the NHS system, and then rebook a second jab when they've done their isolation period-or stick with the original date if they can still use it.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whilst I’m happy for him to get a jab now at 9 weeks after first I’m not sure having it straight after a dose of covid is clinically a great idea.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DT reporting tightening restrictions in Italy.

Italy has today tightened its Covid-19 restrictions, affecting ski holidays for British families this winter.

The ‘super green pass’ requirement has been extended to a range of additional venues and locations, including hotels. The tightened pass is also a requirement to access ski lifts and ski resorts.

You can only obtain the super green pass with evidence of full vaccination or recent recovery, meaning a negative test result is no longer sufficient for unvaccinated people to ski in Italy. Austria has similarly tight vaccination requirements to access the slopes, and there are reports France could soon do the same.
ski holidays
Yes I think that was known by most on these threads hence the need to get them a second jab asap and concern that the NHS doesn’t issue a QR code for recovery that would be consistently acceptable in Italy.
snow report
Re Supergreen pass in Italy and proof of recovery for teens without an NHS QR code, I have had confirmation via email from 2 ski pass offices in the Dolomites and from the Seiser Alm website that a letter from the doctor will suffice to validate the ski pass as long as it done daily in the ski pass office. It’s concerning to hear that may not be the case in practice. Here’s what info@seiseralm.it said:

“If your son has the letter from a doctor proving his recoverd than he has no problems here. He just has to show every day at the cable car cash desk that he is recovered and these can then activate the Covid Pass.”
ski holidays
KatiePopple wrote:
Re Supergreen pass in Italy and proof of recovery for teens without an NHS QR code, I have had confirmation via email from 2 ski pass offices in the Dolomites and from the Seiser Alm website that a letter from the doctor will suffice to validate the ski pass as long as it done daily in the ski pass office. It’s concerning to hear that may not be the case in practice. Here’s what info@seiseralm.it said:

“If your son has the letter from a doctor proving his recoverd than he has no problems here. He just has to show every day at the cable car cash desk that he is recovered and these can then activate the Covid Pass.”

All I got from our doctor was a printout of the database entry that confirmed my son's positive test - quite frankly I could have put it together in a spreadsheet and printed it.

The ticket offices in both Cortina and Colfosco didn't accept this printout.

If you can get a proper letter from a doctor saying the person has recovered from covid you might have more luck.
snow conditions
GPs won’t have time to do as it’s not core NHS work. They are already vaccinating the nation at weekends, and the working longer hours than ever (patient contact massively up, GP numbers down) and being vilified in the press. So, fair enough
snow conditions
the 119 test and trace team advised me to speak directly with the practice manager, who can provide proxy access for children's status with an access code, via the NHS app, and then the proof of recovery.
I will try that route, so fingers crossed....
snow report
No joy with getting youngest done ahead of 12 weeks at walk in centre - computer says no.
Sad
latest report
@MHskier sorry to hear that (for both our sakes!).
latest report
@MHskier, Thing is 100s of thousands of teenagers will already have had a jab soon after getting Covid given so many of them will have been asymptomatic and so never knew they'd caught it in the first place. And I don't see any issues being reported about it affecting that age group. I think the main reason they drag it out is to extend antibody levels for as long as possible, not for any health issues.
snow conditions
This is so frustrating. We have a 14 year old daughter who was single vaccinated and then had Covid. It would be so easy for them to allow 12-15 year olds to get covid recovery certificates with a QR code, as over 16s get. Why on earth aren't they doing this? We have a private letter saying she's recovered, but we're very worried that this won't be recognised by anyone, and that the holiday will be ruined.
snow report
@Mr_Toad, my suspicion is because 14 yr olds can’t vote!
snow conditions
One step forward two steps back!

I have had agreement from my GP surgery's Practice Manager to give proxy access to my children's positive PCR test results. So see let's see what this looks like when available?.

Then I had an email from Italian Embassy:
"The NHS Covid pass (either printed or digital) is the only acceptable proof. Given that a Covid pass is still not available to under 16s, you might wish to consider postponing the holiday."

So do I chance the hotel/ski lift being ok with just email/PCR results?
latest report
MHskier wrote:
No joy with getting youngest done ahead of 12 weeks at walk in centre - computer says no.
Sad

the best you will get is to turn up at a walk in centre 2 or 3 days prior to the 12th week appointment and they should then be able to give the second dose anything before that timescale and you will be refused
ski holidays
Mr_Toad wrote:
This is so frustrating. We have a 14 year old daughter who was single vaccinated and then had Covid. It would be so easy for them to allow 12-15 year olds to get covid recovery certificates with a QR code, as over 16s get. Why on earth aren't they doing this? We have a private letter saying she's recovered, but we're very worried that this won't be recognised by anyone, and that the holiday will be ruined.

My understanding is that some french pharmacies (but not all) are willing to convert single vaccine and recovery to pass sanitaire. The resort tourist information should be able to tell you which pharmacies will assist with this. I'm less convinced of this situation working out in italy, sounds like there is less chance of being recognised for a super green pass with single jab and recovery there for a teenager and in any case without a QR code would have to validate at lift pass office in person every day, which I'm not particularly up for. At the moment I've got accommodation booked in france and italy for half term, son having second jab on 9th Feb... holding out for a digital pass on second jab for teens to make it all straightforward. It's a farce.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have the same problem with my Covid recovered, but as yet unvaccinated 13 year old. It seems farcical that the UK Govt won't issue a Covid Pass Letter for teenagers who are unable to obtain a vaccine for 12 weeks after getting Covid. We are due in Italy in March. I am tempted to pay for a private certificate of recovery and chance it but would be interested to hear of experiences from people who have been to the Italian resorts, particularly Cervinia since Jan 10th
snow conditions
Appreciate asking since Jan 10 but if helps we went dec 17-23 with two in the 12-15 both one jab and both positive in November. Ticket office accepted nhs email showing positive Covid test as proof of recovery.
We didn’t take them out much at night to reduce issues but few times we did restaurants were fine. Daytime ate outside on slopes
snow report
Quote:

Appreciate asking since Jan 10 but if helps we went dec 17-23 with two in the 12-15 both one jab and both positive in November. Ticket office accepted nhs email showing positive Covid test as proof of recovery.
We didn’t take them out much at night to reduce issues but few times we did restaurants were fine. Daytime ate outside on slopes

Thanks that is encouraging. Biggest worry is not being allowed in our hotel with only e mail proof of positive test. I did e mail Cervinia tourist office and they said don't worry about getting in bars and restaurants but I feel it is a gamble!
ski holidays
We emailed hotel who said fine. Went to ticket office day we arrived to sort passes. We always skied down about 9:30 to main town lifts and not asked for evidence at any point.
Town was v quiet, some bars did ask others didn’t.
Note it’s now a yellow zone whereas white before Xmas. Doesn’t change
Much but if goes orange then bigger issues as lifts close I understand.
Good luck
snow conditions
Also interested in hearing 'on the ground' experiences of those travelling with Covid recovered teens who can't get a QR code through the UK app (why isn't this simple?!). We are due to go early Feb and have a teen who tested pos in December. I have read so much information and am wondering what people who have already been have found. We are going to Passo Tonale
latest report
I have a Family trip booked for Feb half term 18th-29th. I've got until 18th Jan to cancel apmt for free and can change my flights 24hours before.

My daughter 12 is only partially vaccinated. I read somewhere this is acceptable in Italy for children that are waiting for their next dose but the UK gov will not issue a certificate or document so we cannot prove anything.

I have travelled to Italy, Germany and Spain as a family over the last 2 years (when allowed) an I must say the current rules for Children are the most stressful and frustrating, I would not take any risks not having the official UK NHS certificates Crying or Very sad. I must be the most pro vaccine and EU around person but even I question this strict requirement for children given its inability to prevent infection of the latest variant and their resistance to severe disease. The EUs gone mad.

My current plan is to wait another week to see change however the most likely is our fall back plan (assuming France will allow) is to drive to Andorra where the ski rules are more relaxed children under 16.
snow report
nicholsg wrote:
KatiePopple wrote:

All I got from our doctor was a printout of the database entry that confirmed my son's positive test - quite frankly I could have put it together in a spreadsheet and printed it.

The ticket offices in both Cortina and Colfosco didn't accept this printout.

If you can get a proper letter from a doctor saying the person has recovered from covid you might have more luck.

Someone has just pointed out that you can get a recovery certificate from some private providers in the UK - e.g. https://www.mayfieldclinic.co.uk/covid-19/proof-of-recovery-from-covid-19

I have no idea if these will work but it should do - my adult recovery QR code worked with the Italian scanners (DolomitiSuperski and VerificaC19) so I don't see any reason the private ones shouldn't.

Expensive, but better than not being able to ski on an already expensive ski holiday.
snow report
They don’t provide a QR code.
ski holidays
rinky75 wrote:
They don’t provide a QR code.

Good point!

Having been kicked out of 2 ticket offices in the Dolomites I think the word 'Recovery' on a certificate would have been sufficient - they had a real issue that all I could show was a test date
snow report
Just to clarify the above… in my experience they do/can provide a QR code, but not one compatible with the EU DCC system. We discovered this after paying £90 for a certificate of recovery with a QR code. The private clinic kindly refunded me due to the misunderstanding.
ski holidays
We've just cancelled our trip to Italy...can't get the kids 2nd vaccination in time Sad
latest report
I’ve got my son vaccinated today at 10 weeks after his first jab so it’s definitely worth trying a bit earlier than 12 weeks.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy