Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
@nattib, I suppose as people gain confidence to travel, demand for tests may rise, unless they're unnecessary and in that case, there will be refund options.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We went through a similar thought process (travelling on 24th, and didn't want postal delays on the run into Christmas), so ordered a little earlier than we needed to.
Randox offer 14 day refund in T&C, but it's unclear what "begun to supply the service" means and whether you can return unused test packs.
Quote:
4.1.1 You have a right to cancel the contract within 14 days of the date of order to receive a refund. Where Randox has begun to supply the service, the amount of the refund may be reduced to account for the value of services already supplied to you up to the point of cancellation. This amount is calculated by comparing the value of the services already supplied to you to the total paid for the service contract. The process for requesting a refund is detailed at 4.2.

4.2.1 4.2.1 If you wish to obtain a refund, you should send the following contact form by email to covidcustomersupport@randox.com.
To Randox Health London Ltd. 5 Finsbury House, 23 Finsbury Circus, London, EC2M 7EA, I/We* hereby give notice that I/We* cancel my/our* contract for the supply of the following service:
Order number:
Ordered on: [DD/MM/YYYY]
Name:
Address:
Date: [DD/MM/YYYY]
[*] – Delete as appropriate.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Reviewing first week Jan by the sounds of it
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Ackie68, what's being reviewed please? Any where are you getting the information?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@nattib, definitely worth waiting as goal posts keep moving and I doubt supply would be an issue as there are a large number of supplier. I order from C19 last night at around 7PM and received delivery this morning by DPD.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I doubt very much they will run out of tests of any kind, not when the companies that offer them are making as much money as they are doing (I presume they are making a fair bit considering the cost price of lateral flow tests Puzzled ), they’ve every reason to keep all this going for the foreseeable future, not let the supply grind to a halt.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Connexion speculating that France May mirror UK travel testing (PCR on arrival plus quarantine), whereas Telegraph this evening saying France likely to require PCR on arrival. Not sure whether this is pure speculation or there is some briefing going on to the press
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How can anyone work with all this uncertainty ...I almost wish I had nothing booked, yet apartment booked & paid up in VT from Boxing Day - argh Confused

Do I go ahead & book all tests, sit tight, wait & see if Johnson/Macron change their strategy yet again...its enough to drive a man to drink...oh, I have got a glass of wine now snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tell me about it. I am wrecked by stress from this. We are due to leave on Friday. Have managed to book all the tests I think we need. But a PCR in France is a whole different kettle of fish…such a risk of ruining the whole of Christmas if one of us tests +ve.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm hearing Italy is the same - PCR on entry
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ma94jcg wrote:
Tell me about it. I am wrecked by stress from this. We are due to leave on Friday. Have managed to book all the tests I think we need. But a PCR in France is a whole different kettle of fish…such a risk of ruining the whole of Christmas if one of us tests +ve.

We also leave on Friday using Eurotunnel - brought forward from Sunday. I refuse to believe its going to happen until we are driving off the train in France. It’s quite easy to get PCR tests in France if it comes to it and should not be too worried about it. They are well organised on that front and hopefully other resorts will follow Chatel in setting up a mass testing and vaccination Center in the Center of the village all bootable online and open every day until 6pm.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have antigen tests to use before we leave UK, antigen tests to use before we leave France and PCR for when we get home again. I am not sure we could cope with spending Christmas Day in quarantine instead of on the slopes though. Not leaving until next Wed and can't bring it forward for various reasons.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ma94jcg wrote:

But lateral flow is enough in France, to get you back into the UK.... wink

I was like you beforehand. I said to Mrs B that I felt stressed and ground down by it all.... Sad

But after completing our week in Val Thorens today I am so pleased I put up with it and went through the ball ache and nonsense of tests, masks, more tests, Passenger Locator Forms and yet more tests when we get back.

We had 3 days of whiteout, followed by 3 days of sunshine and the most amazing conditions imaginable. A foot of powder off piste on 2 consecutive days, with unlimited, untracked turns! And today we had a final few hours of very quiet pistes. Very Happy Very Happy

We tested negative yesterday and are flying home tomorrow.

As my old uncle used to say, "Memories are better than dreams!" Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stefoy4me wrote:
all this Omnicron is a massive overreaction........ground zero is SA who 2-3 weeks ahead. Yes cases are high but deaths and hospital admissions low

all points to cases being milder....and not much more than a cold or mild flu.

I cna understand non jabbed getting restrictions but double or triple jabbed.....currently seems very little benefits vs nti vaxers

100% agreed.

It's a case of politicians the world-over wanting to be seen to react (to nothing, after earlier failing to react to something) to get re-elected. rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looking at https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/article/entry-requirements-for-individuals-arriving-from-green-red-orange-and-scarlet it looks like the unvaccinated rules have got tougher (need a pressing reason which would exclude tourism), maybe that's the change? As 3x vacced I'm OK with this as it stands.

I am due to travel early Jan and my stress levels are oscillating from very to extremely stressed. Really can't believe that I will travel....
latest report
ChrisReed wrote:
Looking at https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/article/entry-requirements-for-individuals-arriving-from-green-red-orange-and-scarlet it looks like the unvaccinated rules have got tougher (need a pressing reason which would exclude tourism), .
Not 100% sure but I think that's been the case for a little while.
ski holidays
Travelling 31st - pretty much written it off now, too many unknowns
latest report
@Bergmeister, sounds fantastic glad you had a great time, safe journey home snowHead
latest report
ChrisReed wrote:
Looking at https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/article/entry-requirements-for-individuals-arriving-from-green-red-orange-and-scarlet it looks like the unvaccinated rules have got tougher (need a pressing reason which would exclude tourism), maybe that's the change? As 3x vacced I'm OK with this as it stands.

I am due to travel early Jan and my stress levels are oscillating from very to extremely stressed. Really can't believe that I will travel....

Where does this leave 1/2 vaccinated >11yo kids accompanying fully vaccinated parents?
snow conditions
@ma94jcg, the Telegraph article is “could” impose PCR tests on arrival, not “is likely to” as you state. The Telegraph article reports no new updates since the interview Gabriel Attal gave to French radio this morning. Given the silence since then I don’t see this as something that is at imminent risk of change.

@ChrisReed, that’s not a change. It’s been the case for some time that the French Government has not considered tourism by unvaccinated adults to fall within their criteria for “pressing grounds” for entry to France.
ski holidays
I honestly don't know, under 12 is based on parents status but over 12 is another matter, sorry!
latest report
Inboard wrote:
@ma94jcg, the Telegraph article is “could” impose PCR tests on arrival, not “is likely to” as you state. The Telegraph article reports no new updates since the interview Gabriel Attal gave to French radio this morning. Given the silence since then I don’t see this as something that is at imminent risk of change.

@ChrisReed, that’s not a change. It’s been the case for some time that the French Government has not considered tourism by unvaccinated adults to fall within their criteria for “pressing grounds” for entry to France.

Interesting and maybe hopeful
snow report
I’m just wondering that if they did introduce PCR neg result on arrival if we’d be covered? We fly into Geneva and transit to France and adults and kids are doing PCRs 24hs prior to departure just to be on the safe side rather than antigens?
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
ChrisReed wrote:
Looking at https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/article/entry-requirements-for-individuals-arriving-from-green-red-orange-and-scarlet it looks like the unvaccinated rules have got tougher (need a pressing reason which would exclude tourism), .
Not 100% sure but I think that's been the case for a little while.

100% sure it has.
snow report
With UK scrapping red lists as Omicron is widespread, I’m vaguely optimistically hopeful that they’ll realise all the tests are useless to
snow conditions
The official website has been updated today.
https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/article/entry-requirements-for-individuals-arriving-from-green-red-orange-and-scarlet
Including quarantine for un vaccinated.
The random pcr testing is now explicit.
Not good news
snow conditions
Boris wrote:
With UK scrapping red lists as Omicron is widespread, I’m vaguely optimistically hopeful that they’ll realise all the tests are useless to

They will save face for a while, then say it has done it's job, but no longer useful.
ski holidays
Boarderfarce wrote:
https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/article/entry-requirements-for-individuals-arriving-from-green-red-orange-and-scarlet
Not good news
In what way is this update not good news? It doesn't seem to have changed from what it was a couple of weeks ago.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Boarderfarce, What's the probability that you test -ve outbound, THEN become +ve en route AND pull a random check?
snow report
@Charliegolf, PCR are I understand a lot more sensitive so possible
ski holidays
@rob@rar, hit submit too early.
The details in the table. As I read it all those unable to prove vaccine status, which includes those teenagers with single jab will not be able to enter france (no pressing need). And 7 day self isolation and end of period test.
The key to the table states * The strictest list of rules shall apply.
Not sure how you decide what the strictest measure is?
latest report
@Boris, Fair enough. Might be prudent to do PCR outbound then? Then my probability stays low.
snow report
Boarderfarce wrote:
Not good news

If the random PCR tests are anything like the random checking of Pass(es) Sanitaire ("PS") to get on ski lifts there is absolutely nothing at all to get excited or worried about, based on our last week of skiing in Val Thorens and the 3 Valleys.

6 days skiing. No PS checks at lifts. Shocked

We also ate out on 1 night in Val T. No checking of PS.

And tonight we checked into a hotel in Moutiers, then went to a nearby restaurant.

You guessed it! No PS required to access either.

It's all a political, box-ticking lip service in my opinion rolling eyes
snow report
Boarderfarce wrote:
The details in the table. As I read it all those unable to prove vaccine status, which includes those teenagers with single jab will not be able to enter france (no pressing need). And 7 day self isolation and end of period test.

Minors take their parent’s vaccination status for travel as stated on the same site https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/
snow conditions
Boarderfarce wrote:

OK. The situation for 11-15 year olds is certainly tricky, but as I understand it they can enter France without restrictions if they accompany their fully vaccinated parents/guardians. There are certainly challenges for that age range when they get to resort, but I don't think entering the country is impossible, nor are those the result of rule changes today.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 14-12-21 22:19; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Bergmeister wrote:
6 days skiing. No PS checks at lifts.
Same for me in Les Arcs. Four days of skiing, not a single PS check anywhere, so far.
ski holidays
That's it for us then, they have pulled the travel with vaxxed parent for minors not allowed to be vaxxed. I reckon Javid either knew they were abut to change their rules or French misinterpreted this:

"UK Extends Covid Pass To 12-15 Year-Olds “To Give Parents Confidence To Book Holidays”

Children in England aged 12 to 15 are now able to demonstrate their coronavirus vaccination status for international travel purposes using the NHS Covid Pass.

Speaking in the House of Commons on 13 December, Sajid Javid, health secretary, said: “From today, I can confirm the NHS Covid pass is being rolled out to 12-15 year olds for international travel, allowing even more people to be able to prove their vaccine status for travel where it’s needed.”

He later added: “This will give parents confidence in booking holidays in the future thanks to our fantastic vaccination programme. Parents can be reassured they will be able to evidence their child’s vaccination status once they have had both doses of the vaccine.”

Children remain exempt from certification in domestic settings in England and at the UK border.

The Pass will allow those children who have had both doses of an approved vaccine to travel to countries, including Spain and Canada, which require 12-15 year olds to be fully vaccinated to gain entry, avoid isolation, or access venues or services.

Proof of vaccination will initially be provided via a letter that will include an internationally-recognised barcode. A digital service via NHS.uk is promised for early next year. The letter service can be accessed by calling 119 or via NHS.uk, with applicants told to expect a delivery period of seven days.

England’s vaccination programme is being extended to offer all children aged 12-15 a second dose of an approved vaccine no sooner than 12 weeks after the first dose. The government decided in November to accept advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation to extend the vaccination programme to those aged 12 and above."

Our kids can't get x2 jabbed until beginning of Jan, too late for our trip with friends coming over from Australia staying with us!!! Why did the JCVI dither!

Not happy at all.

50 fingers crossed for a re-write tomorrow but this has been removed from UK too:

Children:

Children, whether or not they are vaccinated, are not subject to compelling reasons and quarantine if they are accompanied by a vaccinated adult.
ski holidays
@Borderface we are travelling as 2 fully vac adults and two single vac teens next week - are we still eligible to travel in your opinion?
I thought if teens were travelling with fully vac parents/Adults we were ok?
latest report
@ma94jcg, minors under 12 yes. Those over unfortunately not.
latest report
Boarderfarce wrote:
@ma94jcg, minors under 12 yes. Those over unfortunately not.

Minors are under 18. They aren’t adults until 18!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy