Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
WishIWasFitter wrote:
I was about to buy Randox for similiar reasons, but think I will use C19 for going out as it's certificate doesn't say self administered. I'm trying to get confirmation that Randox will send the PCR tests now and not timed for when we get back

I ordered our Randox tests yesterday, they're out for delivery with Royal Mail now.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What is current certificate response time for C19 for antigen?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
psenior1 wrote:
@Ozboy, you're a star, thanks - just the fact it says they are open every day is enough.

Chatel have just released their booking system and they are open to 6pm 7 days They accepted a dummy booking for 17:55 on 25 December. Cost is €22 which seems to be the going rate. We will use it for our antigen test to return to return to the U.K.

https://mon.passrdv.com/ville-de-chatel/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Ozboy, Completed our tests at 4.15 pm today and received the certificate at 18.54 this evening. Very impressed with the whole process so far.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ozboy wrote:
What is current certificate response time for C19 for antigen?
I used them 3 days ago. Submitted the photo via their website at 1pm, certificate returned by email at 3.15pm.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ozboy wrote:
psenior1 wrote:
@Ozboy, you're a star, thanks - just the fact it says they are open every day is enough.

Chatel have just released their booking system and they are open to 6pm 7 days They accepted a dummy booking for 17:55 on 25 December. Cost is €22 which seems to be the going rate. We will use it for our antigen test to return to return to the U.K.

https://mon.passrdv.com/ville-de-chatel/

Thanks, just booked tests for 24/25/26th Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does anyone know if any announcements are due this week?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I wonder if we’ll be upgraded to ‘red list’ equivalent for some of the European countries given the huge amount of Omicron cases we now have? I really hope not, we’re supposed to be heading to Serre Chevalier on the 21st, but we’re fully prepared for it to get cancelled. Keeping our fingers crossed! Confused
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oleski wrote:
Does anyone know if any announcements are due this week?

Uk,announcements due 20th
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The declaration you have to complete before entering France has definetly changed from the one I sent my sister on Friday, and she sent it back to me.

It now is saying for those who are vaccinated declare that you will take a test in Metropolitan France after arrival . Now is that indicating that if your in Transit (ie not staying in France) that there may be a different interpretation of having to take a pre test??

If I knew how to upload a phot onto here Id show you.

The one which you click on from your Eurotunnel booking has certainly changed

And Ive only in the last half an hour bought three pre dep LFT!!!!!!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just looked and it says "may" and "random" - my reading of all of that is there is a chance you will be stopped and asked to test, not that you will be

Followed link from Eurotunnel
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I read the same earlier today, said you agree to take a test on arrival if asked, number of 'random' tests to be carried out not to be less than 5% of arrivals

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 13-12-21 13:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
May and random in my eyes that you dont have to have a test before departure, but may get stopped to be asked to take on. Im assuming the only way we will know for sure is if the Eurotunnel pre departure info to fill in ceases asking for a pre departure test to be uploaded before arr at Folkestone
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@jafa, I don't follow you - everyone has to have tested before departure and be prepared to show results. In addition you may get stopped for a random test on arrival
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@jafa

The French form says something slightly different. Below is a google translation. Sounds to me that you are agreeing to be tested if asked to do so

"I agree on honor to submit to the antigen test or the biological examination that can be carried out on my arrival in mainland France (traveler over twelve years old)."

"Je m’engage sur l’honneur à me soumettre au test antigénique ou à l’examen biologique qui peut être réalisé à mon arrivée en France métropolitaine (voyageur de plus de douze ans)."
snow report
So basically Im misinterpreting the fact that you have to have a test, as normal last week, and today, its the same, except they may now ask you to submit yourself to another one, when you arrive in France itself?

Then I stand corrected that I thought it had indicated that they were only going to do random checking manually themselves when we enter France.
snow conditions
Could well change again in the nxt few days.....!

the original documents were dated 4th dec with a slight change on the 8th
ski holidays
Might end up like canada, they were doing 5% arrival testing until last wekk, now doing as many as they can, hoping to get to 100% before xmas, so pcr before leaving uk, pcr on arrival, lft to get back to uk..plus 2 day pcr once in uk... france might go to that as well.. we are doing canada in january then france in feb...hopefully
ski holidays
Does anyone have a view of whether a UK purchased LFD like this https://travel.livingcare.co.uk/product/virtual-lateral-flow-test/ will enable travel between Andorra and France to return to the UK via Toulouse.

I would presume it would as the tests are valid for UK > France, and therefore I could take one for my teens and take and upload the results just before travelling back into France?
ski holidays
djglover wrote:
Does anyone have a view of whether a UK purchased LFD like this https://travel.livingcare.co.uk/product/virtual-lateral-flow-test/ will enable travel between Andorra and France to return to the UK via Toulouse.

I would presume it would as the tests are valid for UK > France, and therefore I could take one for my teens and take and upload the results just before travelling back into France?

I'm using a similar one from C19Testing for my teen to go from Andorra to France. They specifically say on their website that they're valid for entry to France, although I'm sure most others are fine as well. https://helpcentre.c19testing.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/4412978911121-Can-I-use-your-tests-for-the-purpose-of-entry-into-France-
snow conditions
Good to hear you have interpreted that way, means I can pre-purchase tests and not have to worry in resort
snow report
Given Omicron's infectiousness, isn't it a bit "Russian Roulette" to get back to the UK? If you have an LFT and it's positive, you can't come back to the UK. How are people considering dealing with that?

I ask as someone considering a late booking leaving Monday 20th. Family holiday for 4 with two teenagers (19 and 17).
snow report
Sfellows wrote:
Given Omicron's infectiousness, isn't it a bit "Russian Roulette" to get back to the UK? If you have an LFT and it's positive, you can't come back to the UK. How are people considering dealing with that?

I ask as someone considering a late booking leaving Monday 20th. Family holiday for 4 with two teenagers (19 and 17).

we are just weighing this up as group booking, Crystal will move us from Austria mid Jan to another country but we are now concerned about getting stranded on a positive test coming home. All self employed so would incur big loss in earnings. its all a pigs ear
snow report
@jirac18, One plus is that you are with a major TO - suspect they would have to look after you (in some fashion.!?)
latest report
Quote:

isn't it a bit "Russian Roulette" to get back to the UK? If you have an LFT and it's positive, you can't come back to the UK. How are people considering dealing with that?

Should a family member test positive on NHS tests during the week, fake the pre-departure test to get the correct result and head home minimising contact as much as possible. It's a consideration and would only consider if driving.

Which is what I suspect any French family or Dutch/Belgians would do as well, except they don't have to test to return.
latest report
albob wrote:
@jirac18, One plus is that you are with a major TO - suspect they would have to look after you (in some fashion.!?)

They say the local Crystal team will "support" you (whatever that means?!) but basically make sure you have adequate insurance in place to cover all the additional costs.
snow report
jirac18 wrote:
Sfellows wrote:

we are just weighing this up as group booking, Crystal will move us from Austria mid Jan to another country but we are now concerned about getting stranded on a positive test coming home. All self employed so would incur big loss in earnings. its all a pigs ear

Here's hoping that the reported 20th December government briefing will be to scrap the inbound tests and we just have to do a PCR when we get home.
snow report
Hopefully the other way round. Would the UK not prefer to have us tested before we leave the theatre we have been in for the previous week/ten days etc.

Or does this not align with the buffoons friends benefitting from us all having to pay for testing on our return to the UK?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jafa wrote:
Hopefully the other way round. Would the UK not prefer to have us tested before we leave the theatre we have been in for the previous week/ten days etc.

Or does this not align with the buffoons friends benefitting from us all having to pay for testing on our return to the UK?

To be honest, I haven't the foggiest what the people in power want us to do.... I don't think they even know judging by the inconsistent messaging.
snow report
Yep, get a test before you leave... tick, negative.

Travel back in my case in a car, come back through the tunnel, still with just my family and get tested once again.... tick negative. Of course I may have mixed with other drivers stopping for fuel.

Free to go out again in a pub full of hundreds of people, go home, and repeat day after day.
snow conditions
Re the 48 hrs before return home antigen test, do you have to upload a video of you taking it, or just a photo of the test result? Both appear to be on offer...
ski holidays
If you take it foc in Austria you get a certificate to upload
ski holidays
Ricky B wrote:
Re the 48 hrs before return home antigen test, do you have to upload a video of you taking it, or just a photo of the test result? Both appear to be on offer...

Photo is fine, just needs to be independently verified.
snow conditions
French govt spokesman reported on Bloomberg as saying in an interview on France Info, that new restrictions were being considered on the UK over the next few days.

My French isn’t good enough to understand the original interview, but it was at 8:30 CET this morning.
snow conditions
@snowdave, Politicians have to be seen to do something. This is something, so let's do it. I suspect the rest of Europe will be in the same boat with Omicron in a months time regardless of whatever action they take.
ski holidays
djglover wrote:

I asked the French embassay, this was their reply:

B2-BB23-C6-EF6-A-460-D-9-F16-AC6-BF8-F45-AE5
snow report
@snowhound, they’re all in the same boat already, they just don’t all realise it !

However, even if it’s not logical, more restrictions would be unhelpful so if any french speakers heard the interview, I’d be grateful for a précis.
snow report
Not much detail, but ... https://www.thelocal.fr/20211214/france-could-impose-tougher-covid-restrictions-on-travellers-from-uk/
ski holidays
shrew wrote:
Not much detail, but ... https://www.thelocal.fr/20211214/france-could-impose-tougher-covid-restrictions-on-travellers-from-uk/

seems to be behind a paywall so cant read it ?
latest report
"France has warned it may tighten rules for travellers coming from the UK, according to government spokesperson Gabriel Attal.
In the coming days, France may impose tougher travel rules for people coming from the UK.

“We’re looking into how we might strengthen our framework and that’s the work that is going on currently and I think might be completed in a few days,” said government spokesman, Gabriel Attal, in response to a question on France Info radio on Tuesday morning. "

This is pretty much it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy