Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
under a new name wrote:
@Ozboy, and who is verifying the sworn statement?

Exactly.

I think it can be cross-referenced with a covid recovery pass if it’s required to get around an immediate false positive travel test (I am told these passes automatically appear in the NHS app a few days after the 10 day from initial positive has passed as do all the vax certificates that are also automatically hidden for 10+ days) . In any case it’s a sworn statement and some people have a professional/moral duty to be squeaky clean.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In case no-one else has noticed, it is now possible to save your NHS covid certificate in Google Pay as well as Apple Pay and save it to your home screen.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oleski wrote:
@rob@rar, good to know, thanks. Have a safe drive down.
+1
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
OTOH, at Eurotunnel,(currently on the train) and also having pre loaded all paperwork, French border asked to see Vax , LFT and passports.

He also said that the LFT should have been taken less than 24 hrs before travel, despite everything we'd read being 48. "but he'd let us through because it was Christmas..."

V quiet, early train, so far so good..
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arctic Roll wrote:
....He also said that the LFT should have been taken less than 24 hrs before travel, despite everything we'd read being 48. "but he'd let us through because it was Christmas..."

Fair play. Shows that there is so much inconsistent info floating around, even at higher levels.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Arctic Roll wrote:
OTOH, at Eurotunnel,(currently on the train) and also having pre loaded all paperwork, French border asked to see Vax , LFT and passports.

He also said that the LFT should have been taken less than 24 hrs before travel, despite everything we'd read being 48. "but he'd let us through because it was Christmas..."

< 24 hrs test rule only applied to unvaccinated over 12 years old. Do you have a teenager with you that is not fully vaccinated?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Eurotunnel also I think have the best summary, as they have proper translators being a bilingual company.
Their page is very clear and helpful for what you need and seems to be updated really quickly.
I appreciate if you're flying you need to check the airline info too, however the Eurotunnel provides the UK exit, French entry, French exit and UK entry requirements.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Really useful thread. Thanks for all the information, which has persuaded me to go ahead with our planned trip to Les Arcs, leaving on the 17th Very Happy Smile.

I've been encouraged to see that people have had no issues with the Randox or c19 LFD tests. However, I was hoping to get some information as to whether anyone has successfully used the Excalibur tests. As there are 4 of us we will need a total of 8 LFDs (1 each pre-departure to France and same again on the way home). The Excalibur tests are £15.50 with a discount code so represent a modest cost saving over the other providers. Their tests apparently do test for the N protein and they provide a bar code result on their app so appear suitable but would be good if anyone had first hand experience.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@PollSki, posted elsewhere

"andy from embsay wrote:

C19Testing have a QR code - there’s a sample certificate on their webpage.

Excalibur also has a code, but it doesn't work in TAC for the French Pass Sanitaire."

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=157335&start=120 (page 4)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just put a dent in the holiday fund by ordering all the tests needed from Randox. They have a code to use if you buy LFT and pCR, but there's plenty of airline codes around as well. We want a quick return of the Day 2 PCR and there's a drop box on the M20 at one of the service stations we can use, as we'll be across before it closes. Hopefully back by midnight the following day. I tried to book slots for Bluewater testing centre but all were full.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hells Bells wrote:
Just put a dent in the holiday fund by ordering all the tests needed from Randox. They have a code to use if you buy LFT and pCR, but there's plenty of airline codes around as well. We want a quick return of the Day 2 PCR and there's a drop box on the M20 at one of the service stations we can use, as we'll be across before it closes. Hopefully back by midnight the following day. I tried to book slots for Bluewater testing centre but all were full.

We’ve used the C19 drop box at their London lab near Euston. Dropped off at 11:30pm and received the results before we work up the next morning. Also used Randox in the past and both have been reliable.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hells Bells wrote:
Just put a dent in the holiday fund by ordering all the tests needed from Randox.....

I'm not thinking about the £300 that these boxes represent. Shocked

IMG-2306
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Specialman, yep. It could have been worse, when I priced something last week, it was nearer to £500.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ref earlier questions on 24 Vs 48 . Miniroll is in fact 20 and double jabbed. Maybe she's just young looking...

He also insisted that it was 24ht to get back in Which Is definitely wrong. (this week...)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Specialman wrote:
Hells Bells wrote:
Just put a dent in the holiday fund by ordering all the tests needed from Randox.....

I'm not thinking about the £300 that these boxes represent. Shocked

IMG-2306

At least that's your Christmas presents sorted! They will look better gift wrapped, under the tree. Toofy Grin
snow report
@Hells Bells, we’ve also got a set of Randox tests and planning to use the M20 Dropbox for day 2 pcr. Seems a good set up - let’s hope they do turn the results around as suggested!
snow report
Used chromatics for our LFT into France via Eurotunnel results arrived within minutes of submitting via their online portal. Weren’t able to upload documents onto website for prechecks (we probably should have contacted Eurostunnel for advice) so had to get them manually verified when we checked in. No problems getting through immigration. As we had paper copies of everything seemed to make entire process quite speedy.
snow conditions
@brovert, I have chromatic tests arriving for departure via eurotunnel next Friday. Was your document uploading problem a tech problem or something to do with chromatics?
latest report
Bergmeister wrote:
At least that's your Christmas presents sorted! They will look better gift wrapped, under the tree. Toofy Grin

The kids are gonna be soooo disappointed when they unwrap them Very Happy
snow report
Specialman wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:

Laughing
snow report
@BoardieK, Tests uploaded fine but failed automatic validation. In hindsight I should have contacted customer service but decided to chance showing up and asking for forgiveness rather than asking for permission in advance. Regardless showed paper copies and were waved through. Probably cost an extra 5 minutes so no thing to sweat about but if you do manage to get them to accept uploaded copies de let me know as another trip booked over New Years and have chosen Chromatics as the automatic app validation saves a huge faff.
snow report
NickyJ wrote:
Specialman wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:

Laughing

Actually not a bad idea. My kids would
Be thrilled as that would mean we are going!

I costed up today and randox came in cheaper at £442 and not £540 (C19) for ours .

Assume the randox lft are ok for France entry?

Planning on doing the pcr on way home and dropping in box near airport .
ski holidays
I was about to buy Randox for similiar reasons, but think I will use C19 for going out as it's certificate doesn't say self administered. I'm trying to get confirmation that Randox will send the PCR tests now and not timed for when we get back
snow conditions
@Rednat5, have you got a Randox click and collect nearby? Even cheaper!
ski holidays
So, if the Excalibur LFT QR code doesn’t work with the TAC app, does that mean they won’t be excepted or that we just have to print out the certificates to show at the border?
snow conditions
@brovert, Thanks, will do..
ski holidays
Top tip:

Suggest you download PDF copies of you travel vaccine QR codes from the NHS app as soon as you can even for those travelling later this month.

Reason is the NHS App automatically suspends / hides all vaccination records should you record a positive PCR test and reinstates them only after 10 days from the date of the test and not from when symptoms began.

It is likely that some of you will test positive in the next week or so given the current wave and recovery may be very close to travel date and you will need to upload QR codes for travel and the French TAC app which may still be hidden in the NHS app.
snow report
coxy84 wrote:
So, if the Excalibur LFT QR code doesn’t work with the TAC app, does that mean they won’t be excepted or that we just have to print out the certificates to show at the border?

TAC and testing for border control are two totally separate processes.

None of the UK tests (PCR or antigen) work for TAC. However they (almost?) all get you across the border.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ozboy wrote:
Top tip:

Suggest you download PDF copies of you travel vaccine QR codes from the NHS app as soon as you can even for those travelling later this month.

Reason is the NHS App automatically suspends / hides all vaccination records should you record a positive PCR test and reinstates them only after 10 days from the date of the test and not from when symptoms began.

It is likely that some of you will test positive in the next week or so given the current wave and recovery may be very close to travel date and you will need to upload QR codes for travel and the French TAC app which may still be hidden in the NHS app.

Are you seriously telling people to travel if they are still in their isolation period
latest report
I don't think he means that. I printed mine before I put the positive result in the App. I come out of isolation on 18th Dec, travel on 25th, but I want to make sure all my pre departure information is uploaded before the 18th. I am also scared that they won't appear straight away so this way I don't have to worry.
snow report
Should have been clearer. Not at all and people are sensible enough and in any case have to show an negative test in order to travel to France. Issue here is a time gap better being recovered c. 10 days from symptoms, in the normal course, and the QR codes reappearing in the app as it’s based on test date. This anomaly may impact some as Christmas is 14 days away
snow report
Arctic Roll wrote:

but on their own website it clearly states 48hrs !
snow report
snowdave wrote:
coxy84 wrote:

TAC and testing for border control are two totally separate processes.

None of the UK tests (PCR or antigen) work for TAC. However they (almost?) all get you across the border.

Yeah I phoned excalibur and they were adamant that thei test was suitable for travel to France. I can't see why it wouldn't be so will give it a go.
snow report
@Ozboy, I concur. My vax passport returned 23 days post positive test. Definitely screenshot.
snow conditions
Sadly just cancelled our trip to Chamonix on Xmas eve, last day today to get a full refund on our accommodation. Spoke to the Chalet rental company (based in Chamonix) regarding the daily antigen test our 13 yr old daughter needs. They pointed me at a local pharmacy, so I called them for the low down.

Basically the times they carry out the tests are limited, couple of hours in the morning and in the afternoon, as with the PCR testing centres too. The pharmacist said he doesn't expect waits and queues longer than in the summer, 10 mins max, surprised me a little this, but I've no idea how busy Chamonix is outside of winter. He didn't mention anything about the shortage of antigen tests that's being reported in the Telegraph and Evening Standard.

The issue for us is that the pharmacy is closed on Christmas day and then Boxing Day, as the latter falls on a Sunday, and we're only in the resort for 6 days skiing.

I'm also sceptical about the info on the Chamonix Covid 19 page, https://en.chamonix.com/chamonix-mont-blanc-valley/recommendations-for-a-one-day-visit, for example it lists you being able to pre book with pharmcie's, which isn't the case, they tried it in the summer and it caused chaos apparently.

I'm still hopeful we can rebook somewhere driveable from Calais, to a resort that's got a proper plan in place.
latest report
@psenior1, sorry you are having to cancel but FWIW I believe Chamonix may be busier in Summer. Our village of Chatel seems to be on top of this issue as Christmas holiday tourism is critical for the following a disastrous last season. They have set up a mass test Centre with 15min results and will announce holiday hours shortly. It’s about 8 hour drive from Calais - similar to Chamonix. Here is the link to their Facebook page and they are very good at replying. (The snow is amazing and be a shame to miss out due to others inability to understand tourists needs).

https://www.facebook.com/478518782325362/posts/1972601496250409/?d=n
ski holidays
brilliant, thank you, I'll take a look
ski holidays
@Ozboy, is this the test centre you mentioned? https://en.chatel.com/testing-centre.html

Found some good hotel deals...
ski holidays
Yup that’s the one. I have read they will announce extended testing hours for the holidays this week. You could test at 4pm daily if the opening hours are not extended which will provide coverage for the following day. It’s located in main square where the busses will drop you off depending in which sector you are skiing. There are a few bars and mulled wine stalls to keep you busy while waiting. I think it’s a no brainer for your situation. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions about staying in Chatel or pop over to the PDS thread.
ski holidays
@Ozboy, you're a star, thanks - just the fact it says they are open every day is enough.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy