Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
We are heading to Arc 1950 on 19th/20th Dec with our 11 and 14 year olds. There is no pharmacy in 1950 but there is one in 2000. It doesn’t open until 10th Dec so no idea yet on how to book daily appointments. We have some hope that Arc 1950 will open a pop-up testing centre for those who need daily tests. As owners we are keen to get out as haven’t been since Dec 2019, so we will go unless anything else changes. Even if we only ski a few times while we are there (if we can’t manage to get a test slot every day for our daughter) it’ll be better than nothing!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

There is no pharmacy in 1950 but there is one in 2000. It doesn’t open until 10th Dec so no idea yet on how to book daily appointments.

Try the Doctorlib app. I downloaded it today and have booked daily test appointments in an in-resort pharmacy for our 15 year old. See my post at 17:22 on this thread
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Halitosis wrote:
Quote:

There is no pharmacy in 1950 but there is one in 2000. It doesn’t open until 10th Dec so no idea yet on how to book daily appointments.

Try the Doctorlib app. I downloaded it today and have booked daily test appointments in an in-resort pharmacy for our 15 year old. See my post at 17:22 on this thread

Thanks, I downloaded it immediately after seeing your post! Sadly nothing listed for Les Arcs. Closest is Bourg!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Halitosis, i downloaded it today also, after seeing your post. Am off to Les Menuires in feb, I could find their medical centre where vax's will be taking place on the app, but could not see any way of booking slots? (am hoping that it will not be required if my 15yr old has had her 2nd jab by then).

there were various options for GP appointments, but these were only for a couple of dates in December, I presume each resorts pharmacy/medical centre has to upload its availability to the App, I will check again over the next few days.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@terrygasson @X5OT76 sorry it was a dead end for you. I guess its a matter of which pharmacies have signed up for the app and we got lucky with the one in our resort using it. Perhaps try calling the local tourist office as that's how I got pointed in this direction. Your resort's tourist office may know the best way to get appointments.
Hugely frustrating I know - waiting for them to open
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@X5OT76, we are also going to Arc 1950 on the 19th but my oldest is 11 so no need for tests.. however just wanted to share that this summer we were in Israel and they introduced a similar requirement for all unvaccinated kids ( from 3 yrs old) - within a week they opened lots of testing facilities everywhere so hopefully the same will happen in French resorts very soon?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks again Halitosis, app found and appointments made. I hope you have a good holiday in La Rosiere.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bella2015 wrote:
@X5OT76, we are also going to Arc 1950 on the 19th but my oldest is 11 so no need for tests.. however just wanted to share that this summer we were in Israel and they introduced a similar requirement for all unvaccinated kids ( from 3 yrs old) - within a week they opened lots of testing facilities everywhere so hopefully the same will happen in French resorts very soon?

Really hope they look at opening more testing centres. We haven’t been to our apartment for 2 years and would really love to get there in a few weeks time!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
philipb wrote:
@charlie1314, no, I don't believe that is the case. From what I've read the requirement is that your last jab (2nd or booster) must be no more than 7 months ago. If you've had a booster you'll be fine, if not you're 2nd will have to have been less than 7 months past.

Hi just wondering where you found this info re 7 months? This is concerning as my partner has her booster booked for next week but we are attending a big event in France in July, so unless she gets another booster between now and then, it sounds like there's a danger we won't be able to go?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Id suspect that with everything else, this will get updated in due course nearer the time, as it will mean no one will be able to travel after the end of any 6/7/9 month rules.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ryunis wrote:
philipb wrote:
@charlie1314, no, I don't believe that is the case. From what I've read the requirement is that your last jab (2nd or booster) must be no more than 7 months ago. If you've had a booster you'll be fine, if not you're 2nd will have to have been less than 7 months past.

Hi just wondering where you found this info re 7 months? This is concerning as my partner has her booster booked for next week but we are attending a big event in France in July, so unless she gets another booster between now and then, it sounds like there's a danger we won't be able to go?

https://www.thelocal.fr/20211125/boosters-and-masks-french-government-to-announce-new-covid-measures/

"..The government had already announced that the health passes for over 65s who are eligible for a booster but do not have one will be deactivated from December 15th. This will be extended to the whole of the population from January 15th. The health pass will be deactivated seven months after each person received their second dose – giving them two months between becoming eligible and having the pass deactivated in order to book an appointment for the booster shot full details on how this works.."

Note - that 'thelocal' site is plagued with a 'sign up' pop-up....
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Any word yet if this will apply to other nationals vaccinated elsewhere? The article mentions it applies to French citizens but the pass app makes quite a clear distinction between importing a foreign e.g. UK cert. On the one hand I can't see them imposing things on their own citizens and not imposing that on foreigners visiting but on the other hand I get the impression the measure is designed to strong arm their citizens into getting the booster so doesn't really have the same leverage if visitors can't even get it yet at home...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I expect them to tweak the TAC Verif app so that any QR code that it checks that is outside dates will show as Non-Valide
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How can I get my pass to stay in the TAC app? At present I have to scan each time.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Grantley1988 wrote:
How can I get my pass to stay in the TAC app? At present I have to scan each time.

TAC Verif app doesn't store anything (it's for restauranteurs and the like to use to check guests). You'll want the TAC app itself if you want to store your French pass (although the NHS-generated QR code will work on its own, so you don't really need it). The Swiss app is pretty user friendly (and is compatible with TAC Verif) if you want to store a whole family's worth of QR codes.
snow report
Perfect. Thanks for clearing that up.
snow conditions
France now need negative pcr test for entry ffs
ski holidays
So France have announced you need a pre departure Covid test but I can't find the specifics. Do you think a remote one will do, or it will have to be supervised the same as my unvaccinated? Already have one booked for teen so could book us all in, but would prefer to keep cost down slightly!!
ski holidays
What does "less than 48 hours old" mean - 48 hours since the result or the test itself?
latest report
bezthespaniard wrote:

Where are reading this - do you have a link?
ski holidays
bezthespaniard wrote:

PCR or antigen? I think either?

48 hrs for either according to The Local.
ski holidays
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/covid-news-cases-deaths-booster-jab-coronavirus-omicron/
snow conditions
how do they know if you've had a test and you drive across on eurotunnel? I have 20 LFT tests at home can I use one of those or does it have to be through a company and get a QR code or something?
snow conditions
@Macker13, it’ll need to be a fit to fly one with the doctor certificate etc
ski holidays
Macker13 wrote:
how do they know if you've had a test and you drive across on eurotunnel? I have 20 LFT tests at home can I use one of those or does it have to be through a company and get a QR code or something?

Very doubtful - you’ll presumably need a certificate which you get from a private company. Simply Test Me are £19.

You’ll be asked for it before being allowed on the train.
latest report
Macker13 wrote:

Sadly you can't use a free test but must pay a commercial company for exactly the same thing rolling eyes .
ski holidays
Layne wrote:
bezthespaniard wrote:

https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus

Bottom few lines under TRAVEL section:

/i]"France imposes a mandatory negative test on all travelers, vaccinated or not, arriving from countries outside the European Union."[/i]

Seems a bit vague though - assuming the 24hr time period applies, as is the case with unvaccinated kids. This is all getting a bit mind-numbing now... I just want to ski Sad
ski holidays
Specialman wrote:
Layne wrote:
bezthespaniard wrote:

/i]"France imposes a mandatory negative test on all travelers, vaccinated or not, arriving from countries outside the European Union."[/i]

Seems a bit vague though - assuming the 24hr time period applies, as is the case with unvaccinated kids. This is all getting a bit mind-numbing now... I just want to ski Sad

travelling boxing day at 4am on eurotunnel will be impossible to get a 24hr test
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
24 hours or 48 - not clear yet. Let's not repeat the Geneva transit panic and wait for the official web sites to be updated
snow conditions
I wonder like the Dutch did, I think, that if you can prove you are only transiting, no requirement. I can only hope.
ski holidays
red country rules before this annocument were 48 hrs, pcr or lfd test.
ski holidays
jafa wrote:
I wonder like the Dutch did, I think, that if you can prove you are only transiting, no requirement. I can only hope.

That would be a bonus for us going to Andorra.
latest report
Specialman wrote:
Layne wrote:
bezthespaniard wrote:

According to The Local (from gov announcement) it’s 48hrs antigen, 72hrs PCR if vaccinated. 24hrs refers to unvaccinated and pretty sure if unvaxxed you’re struggling to get into France anyway.

https://twitter.com/localfr_emma/status/1466033266721439754?s=12
snow report
48 hours if you're vaccinated, 24 hours if you aren't. So I assume that all children will be only 24 hours. Will be almost impossible for us with our travel plans.
snow report
andy from embsay wrote:
..... 24hrs refers to unvaccinated and pretty sure if unvaxxed you’re struggling to get into France anyway....

I think it's only unvaxxed kids travelling with vaxxed parents who are the exception

Oleski wrote:
24 hours or 48 - not clear yet. Let's not repeat the Geneva transit panic and wait for the official web sites to be updated

Finger hovering over the panic button. Must.... resist.... Toofy Grin

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 1-12-21 14:38; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Is it an antigen test 48 hours pre-departure time, or 48 hours pre-arrival time?

Also need to bear in mind the 1 hour time difference...
snow conditions
Stinkpickle wrote:
48 hours if you're vaccinated, 24 hours if you aren't. So I assume that all children will be only 24 hours. Will be almost impossible for us with our travel plans.

11 and under are considered vaccinated if parents are
ski holidays
yep, flying to turin on boxing day, so need to get a test on christmas eve at less than 48hrs before the coach crosses the border... happy days
ski holidays
Ricky B wrote:
Is it an antigen test 48 hours pre-departure time, or 48 hours pre-arrival time?

Also need to bear in mind the 1 hour time difference...

It’s not really that big a deal is it? Just do it the day before you travel so you’ll be miles within 48hrs. The home antigen tests give you results within a couple of hours. Or if you’re really worried do one at the airport.
snow report
except if your travelling on boxing day
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy