Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
Given the need for a PCR to board this would presumably suffice for the entry to France?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As I don`t understand French, does that mean that we are back to declaring the same form we have been doing, and no requirement other than being vaccinated, and have the proof

Ah you edited the post before I posted a reply!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ive clicked on the link, and the entry from orange which we are now says we dont have to have a PCR etc from the 8th December, if like me you are only transiting (on way to Austria) and your stay is less than 24 hours, the last thing stated at the bottom of the new form.

So the same as the Netherlands were/are, and Germany
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Timmycb5, sorry, I don't understand where it says that the fully vaccinated will definitely be tested on arrival... it says that the unvaccinated must sign a sworn statement submitting to a test on arrival taken from the link provided by @albob:-

2.2. Health control measures
If already vaccinated, you shall provide evidence of your vaccination status, a sworn statement certifying the absence of COVID-19 symptoms and of any contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, as well as results of a virological (PCR) or antigen screening test taken less than 48 hours prior to departure that did not detect any COVID-19 contamination, in order to enter Metropolitan France.

If unvaccinated, you must present the transport company and the border authorities with results of a virological (PCR) or antigen biological screening test taken less than 48 hours prior to departure that did not detect any COVID-19 contamination, in order to enter Metropolitan France.

If travelling from the United Kingdom and unvaccinated, you must present a negative PCR or antigen test taken less than 24 hours prior to departure. 
The departure of the first flight is considered in case of connecting flight(s). Children under 12 years of age are exempt from testing.

Depending on your country of origin, you may be subject to screening on arrival, for which you will be requested to facilitate the administrative formalities by completing the form available at the following address: https://passager.serveureos.org external link

You must equally provide:

A sworn statement certifying the absence of COVID-19 symptoms and of any contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19;
A sworn statement that you shall take an antigen or biological screening test upon arrival in Metropolitan France;
A sworn statement that you shall self-isolate for a period of seven day and another sworn statement to take a virological (PCR) screening test at the end of the isolation period.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Katherine66 it says it in the orange table on: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/article/rules-that-apply-to-countries-and-territories-on-the-green-orange-red-or
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@mrs_frostee, yup
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jafa, Sorry about the edit (I saw that someone else had posted the link earlier in the thread)

https://www.gouvernement.fr/sites/default/files/dp-covid_frontieres_081221_1ep.pdf (dated 8 dec)

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 9-12-21 12:24; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mrs_frostee, Yes, I understand that - so effectively French government websites are contradicting one another! Who knows what we have to do!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I really don't see how Eurotunnel staff are going to test everyone coming off trains at Calais - where on earth is everyone going to be put whilst waiting for testing... The logistics of doing so would be a nightmare...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is even more doubly confusing because on my booking with Eurotunnel, its still just stating I have to upload the statement of Honour. Normally if you require a PCR etc, then they would say so, and the date that you cant upload it till, ie 48 hours before departure, like they have done with my return leg
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@albob, "aleatoire" means random.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think the page with the 'mandatory test upon arrival' table - https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/article/rules-that-apply-to-countries-and-territories-on-the-green-orange-red-or is a mistranslation of the French pdf version that's screenshotted above.

My reading of the French table is the column says 'Required Test on Arrival' and the text says 'Random antigen or PCR test' - which you're agreeing to with the current version of the statement of honour that you have to complete.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm with Flatpack on this one.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I hadn’t seen the French version. They appear have missed out the vital “aléatoire” on the English translation. Phew!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Katherine66 wrote:
I really don't see how Eurotunnel staff are going to test everyone coming off trains at Calais - where on earth is everyone going to be put whilst waiting for testing... The logistics of doing so would be a nightmare...

Yeah, I can't see how it would work in practice either. I'm flying into Turin and then getting a cab over. I don't suspect there is even a border!

Looks like it's a misinterpretation anyway though.
snow report
Bergmeister wrote:
Tristero wrote:
Boris wrote:

As for reaction - didn't this happen about 2 years ago?

One year ago - in the midst of the English Plague aka Alpha.

To be honest, it's not exactly the same this time around, as testing positive indicates that you are probably contagious. But then again, if you drive home, you will probably meet fewer people than by quarantining at some place you would yet have to find.

So I guess, this still holds true:
snowdave wrote:

If you told me that someone local had COVID, and they were planning to get in their car and drive a long long way away from me, and not see anyone on the way, I'd think that was a good thing. Nationality doesn't come into it, from a purely personal perspective, someone with COVID removing themselves from my proximity, and ideally from being a burden on my local healthcare system, is a good thing.

On the other hand, if you told me they were planning to board a plane/bus/travel through crowded hubs, I'd think they should be locked up.

But, risking to repeat myself, it imho only works if you're driving:

Bergmeister wrote:

Easyjet accepted our LF Test certificates Very Happy (our tests were yesterday) and asked to see our proof of vaccination. They also asked if we had sworn statements of honour, which we do, but didn't wish to see them.

I've been well and truly ground down by the hassle of all the new testing regulations, flight cancellations, flight rebooking,car hire cancellation, train booking and having to look for a hotel on our last night in France.

However, once we are in Val Thorens it will all be worth it.

Now we just have the Covid test in 5 days time in France hanging over us rolling eyes

What's your plan exactly, if you test positive in Val Thorens for your way back home? Fake tests and then sitting crunched together with a ton of other people on a plane? Going by train? Trying to rent a car, which you drive to - where? Calais? And then hopping on a train, crunched together...? Quarantining in VT at peak season rates - if you are even able to find a place? Quarantining in Albertville? How do you get there? By bus?

I can't help myself but thinking, flying out is madness. Even more so with Omicron taking over.

The apartment we have is free until Boxing Day, so if we test positive on 13th Dec we can isolate for 10 days there, then rejig the flights home (or take a train to the Channel, if we have to rolling eyes )

We are hoping it doesn't come to that, however, and that this time next week we will be saying it was all worth it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! wink

I assume, you own that place in VT? That's always an advantage! Very Happy
snow conditions
We're (6 of us) flying to Grenoble on Monday for a week in Tignes. Well, as long as we pass our pre-departure tests of course. To be honest I sort of hope one of us fails so we have to rebook the trip as these testing requirements and the prospect of being stuck in isolation in France over christmas are giving me horrendous anxiety.

At least we're all adults so no 24hr testing requirements. All early 30's so haven't managed to get boosted yet Sad.
snow conditions
I've tried googling but does anyone know what happens in France, if you've driven down and are in self catering accommodation, and test positive at some point? Do you have to find somewhere else to stay, or is the owner obliged to let you stay (and charge you accordingly?) Sorry if I've missed this somewhere else.
ski holidays
@pinkcharlie28, I don't see why any owner would be held responsible for accommodating you if you aren't already booked. I guess if they don't have a subsequent booking they may happily extend yours, but otherwise there's no reason the subsequent week's booking should be bounced
latest report
@pinkcharlie This isn't being discussed much but my recommendation is to ask the tour operator or your rental agency beforehand (a) what the quarantine arrangements would be and (b) what support they will provide.

My guess is that rental agencies like ours - who have a big portfolio of places and rarely see all of them occupied at the same time (even in a school holiday week) - should be happy to respond that they'll either let you stay on in place, or if that's not possible logistically, find somewhere else for you. Of course, you'd have to pay the going rate. They get more revenue from doing this, after all. And then they should offer to do a supermarket shop to help out - again, at a charge perhaps.

Many resorts now have multiple cafés and restaurants that will do delivery of cooked meals. In our village there are at least two I know of where you complete a form online a few days ahead and they deliver your choice to the door.

In our case, our apartment is just one of many our agency has on their books. For TOs, they don't allocate the apartment to the client until the day of arrival. Even for web bookings, they have a caveat that you might not get exactly the apartment shown on the booking - just one with that spec' at roughly that distance from the lifts. A lot of our clients don't know exactly where they're staying until they arrive at the agency office, or pick up the key from the out of hours safe. We had someone ill in our apartment a few years ago and with no subsequent booking, we happily agreed to let it out for another 2 weeks while they recuperated. Our resident concierge also helped them out with some shopping and taxiing down to the valley.

Obviously, it's sensible to formulate a contingency plan for someone being tested negative. Not just in terms of paying out for accommodation and subsistence but also getting groceries or meals, and how to handle them actually being ill as well. To me, this is just a logical extension of the routine potential situation where someone has a ski accident or a bad case of 'flu etc. and needs to extend their stay to recuperate before flying. On a practical note, it would become important I think to have a TV with UK channels and good enough broadband for streaming services and book downloads.

The problem might be with direct rentals with owners of an individual property, who won't have the same access to alternative accommodation. Also, it's obvious from other posts that some TOs and rental agencies don't want to know (even 'though there's potentially extra revenue to be had from an extension). In which case, I'd regard it as a big negative in any 'go/no-go' decision.
ski holidays
This flyer (on self isolation) gives a phone number to call if requiring accommodation:

https://solidarites-sante.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/flyer_quarantaine_en.pdf
snow conditions
Here is the site of the French Consulate in London that sets out simply what you need to get into France. As they are in London, its in english so no translation issues
I look at this every couple of days as I go out on Saturday and we have 3 sons and partners coming out on 2nd Jan so any changes to requirements need to be identified quickly

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918#t1-Travelling-from-the-UK-to-France
ski holidays
I note in the "Commitment on honor:" it says

SWORN UNDERTAKING TO COMPLY WITH RULES FOR ENTRY
INTO METROPOLITAN FRENCH TERRITORY
(FROM GREEN LIST COUNTRIES)

But we are now amber right? But you still fill out this form?
snow conditions
Quote:

my recommendation is to ask the tour operator or your rental agency beforehand (a) what the quarantine arrangements would be and (b) what support they will provide.

Also (though this is stating the obvious) ask your travel insurance provider.
latest report
ipken wrote:
Here is the site of the French Consulate in London that sets out simply what you need to get into France. As they are in London, its in english so no translation issues
I look at this every couple of days as I go out on Saturday and we have 3 sons and partners coming out on 2nd Jan so any changes to requirements need to be identified quickly

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918#t1-Travelling-from-the-UK-to-France

Only problem with that link is its out of date. There was an update on the 8th see above links. So even there own sites arent being consistent
snow report
I'm confused - is the TousAntiCovid app the Pass sanitaire?
ski holidays
To all intents and purposes, yes. It’s how you show you have one but you can also show your NHS app QR Code.
ski holidays
Apologies in advance for not back reading this long thread.

Could someone confirm my understanding of the attestation form that it cannot be signed if we have been in contact with a positive covid case in the last 14 days which is one of the sworn declarations? This is irrespective of vax status and having a negative antigen test. In effect having made contact with a positive test blocks the ability to enter France. I can’t find anything to the contrary and hope a snowHead has looked into it further?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RobH2017 wrote:
To all intents and purposes, yes. It’s how you show you have one but you can also show your NHS app QR Code.

I checked which NHS QR code worked in the TAC Verif app and then printed and laminated a couple of copies. This saves a lot of faffing with phones in restaurants and lift entrances.

You may be asked to show ID alongside your QR code, so best to carry something like a photo driving licence.
ski holidays
sugarmoma666 wrote:
RobH2017 wrote:

I checked which NHS QR code worked in the TAC Verif app and then printed and laminated a couple of copies. This saves a lot of faffing with phones in restaurants and lift entrances.

You may be asked to show ID alongside your QR code, so best to carry something like a photo driving licence.

I’ve done the same ref printing them out. I’ve also made the QR code my Lock Screen on my iPhone so I don’t have to access it just show it. I’m hoping I have all the bases covered. 15 days to go. I’ve also photocopied the kids passports so they can prove who they are without taking the original on the slopes. My driving license can go in with my ski pass.
snow report
Thanks all, i was under the impression pass sanitaire was an app which you stored your proof of vaccination.

Looks like i was totally wrong and is just yourproof of vaccination QR code.

Great & thanks
latest report
RobH2017 wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
RobH2017 wrote:

I’ve done the same ref printing them out. I’ve also made the QR code my Lock Screen on my iPhone so I don’t have to access it just show it. I’m hoping I have all the bases covered. 15 days to go. I’ve also photocopied the kids passports so they can prove who they are without taking the original on the slopes. My driving license can go in with my ski pass.

Having the QR code as lock screen wallpaper is an excellent idea - and one that ill be stealing! Laughing
latest report
Layne wrote:

There is a separate "amber" form.
latest report
I just wonder what the hell will happen if folk test positive the week before a peak holiday week and there is no room at the inn in resort Shocked Shocked .
snow report
Ozboy wrote:
Apologies in advance for not back reading this long thread.

Could someone confirm my understanding of the attestation form that it cannot be signed if we have been in contact with a positive covid case in the last 14 days which is one of the sworn declarations? This is irrespective of vax status and having a negative antigen test. In effect having made contact with a positive test blocks the ability to enter France. I can’t find anything to the contrary and hope a snowHead has looked into it further?

I’ve been researching this all evening and don’t think there is any wiggle room and impacts any families that are currently victim to the latest wave and have a positive covid case at home. It’s clear that the family members from the same household have to wait 14 days from a negative test to provide the sworn statement in order to enter France. This is irrespective of vax status or < 48 hr test.

snow report
Bergmeister wrote:
Layne wrote:

There is a separate "amber" form.

Cheers, got it.

Presumably we need one person for anybody over 12?
ski holidays
@Ozboy, yes I agree with you. I was thinking in more general terms eg it’s a notification from T&T or close contact at school but agree a positive household member would also mean you couldn’t sign the attestation.
A general awareness of cases in a shared class or open plan office I personally don’t think so unless you meet the threshold for close contact.
snow report
Just passed through French border control at Eurotunnel, going to France. I’d uploaded my Vaccine Passport, Declaration of Honour, and Lateral Flow certificate (from C19Testing) to the Eurotunnel website beforehand, which had been validated before I arrived.

Got to French border control and the looked only at my UK passport, nothing else.
latest report
@rob@rar, good to know, thanks. Have a safe drive down.
ski holidays
@Ozboy, and who is verifying the sworn statement?

Exactly.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy