Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
I suppose the same applies to Chronomics and so on? Would be interested to see peoples actual experiences on the ground as they're by far the most preferable/handy. Takes the worry of showing up to an appointment/postal stuff out of the equation. One qualm I have with those sort of tests is the results PDFs always look a bit fake/unsigned etc which could be an issue depending on the airline/border agent and so on...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@javindo, most airlines have a capability now to scan the QR code and verify the result electronically with the provider. Don't know about border control...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I flew to Toulouse from UK recently, the border official wasn't the slightest bit interested in my Declaration sur L'Honneur form (which I offered him, fully completed). Not even a cursory glance, and certainly not asked for. So although I would take the precaution of having one on your person at the border, my bet is that it will be completely ignored.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@PrinceJohn, thank you, that's really helpful and I'm sure will put many peoples minds at rest - especially mine!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@philipb you’re most welcome. It seemed a slightly political answer (no doubt to avoid any possible liability) but reading between the lines it seems as though the tests will be accepted.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Timmycb5 wrote:
Why are we lumped in with scarlet red countries when the U.K. is only classified as Orange?!?

“From now on, any person entering French territory must present a negative PCR or antigen test of less than 24 hours (from "scarlet red" countries and the United Kingdom) or 48 hours ("green", orange "and" red "countries)”

Oh I don't know....maybe the UK PM tweeting a diplomatic letter?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
have found this site online, anyone used them?

https://www.projectscreen.co.uk/fit-to-fly/lfa-home-test/

apparently it is an antigen self test via their app on your smartphone, result is on the app after around 20minutes. says it is currently valid for entry into France, for upto 48hrs vaxxed and 24hrs unvaxxed.

£19 next day delivery, or £17 click and collect

need to sort out my 2day return as well!!!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FrediKanoute wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:
Why are we lumped in with scarlet red countries when the U.K. is only classified as Orange?!?

“From now on, any person entering French territory must present a negative PCR or antigen test of less than 24 hours (from "scarlet red" countries and the United Kingdom) or 48 hours ("green", orange "and" red "countries)”

Oh I don't know....maybe the UK PM tweeting a diplomatic letter?

The rule for teens in the summer was all 24h even though we were amber, because cases were (and remain) so high
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@terrygasson, looks similar to the Excalibur one which I've used successfully, but yours is a few quid more expensive. Excalibur is £15.50 and same deal - scan LFT, app generates a certificate automatically.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
cheers @snowdave, i will look into the Excalibur test

good to hear of personal experiences of these testing companies

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 3-12-21 18:29; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So is this 24hr test for vaccinated people official. Flying Sunday afternoon and have a test booked in for tomorrow morning so I will be outside the window if it is.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Dannyh101, sounds like it is 48hrs
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Skimum1 wrote:
The rule for teens in the summer was all 24h even though we were amber, because cases were (and remain) so high

I guess the 24 hour rule means its Antigen tests and not PCR's since there is no way I'd run the risk on a PCR not coming back in time.

To be clear though when they say 24 hours does that mean if my flight was at 2pm I have from 14:01 to 13:59 the next day to get a test (obviously the
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dannyh101 wrote:
So is this 24hr test for vaccinated people official. Flying Sunday afternoon and have a test booked in for tomorrow morning so I will be outside the window if it is.

it is 48 hours for vaccinated ; 24 hours for unvaccinated

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/sites/minint/files/medias/documents/2021-12/dp-covid-frontieres-021221.pdf

see the orange table on page three and read note (3) regarding the UK

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 3-12-21 18:57; edited 5 times in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good summary here. Inc. Information on daily antigen tests and some specifics for those going to Morzine / Avoriaz.

https://www.morzinesourcemagazine.com/covid-19-and-travel-to-morzine-les-gets-or-avoriaz-this-winter/
snow conditions
@terrygasson, I used Project Screen in the summer for our fit to return back to UK test. Took them with us. Really easy to get result back and fill in on forms.
ski holidays
cheers @Hells Bells, just paid for my antigen test with them, looked into Excalibur as well , @snowdave, but they were the same cost as project screen, but project screen has a PCR test centre that is a few minutes drive from me, and I will be using them for my day 2 return test as well.
ski holidays
terrygasson wrote:

apparently it is an antigen self test via their app on your smartphone, result is on the app after around 20minutes. says it is currently valid for entry into France, for upto 48hrs vaxxed and 24hrs unvaxxed.

do you know for definite that these test detect the N protein SARS-COV-2 as per the current requirements ?
latest report
backhojo wrote:
terrygasson wrote:

do you know for definite that these test detect the N protein SARS-COV-2 as per the current requirements ?

I bought this test originally and then when I heard about the N protein thing I phoned up and asked if it detected it and they said no it doesn’t. I ended up switching to a PCR test to be on the safe side but there have been links put on here for antigen tests that do detect it.
latest report
Dannyh101 wrote:
backhojo wrote:
terrygasson wrote:

I bought this test originally and then when I heard about the N protein thing I phoned up and asked if it detected it and they said no it doesn’t. I ended up switching to a PCR test to be on the safe side but there have been links put on here for antigen tests that do detect it.

i think the excalibur one does...just reading about it now but its hard going...lots of info and i have had friday night wine !
latest report
My 16 year old son is classed as unvaccinated as he had only had 1 vaccine so far and isn’t due his 2nd dose until after we depart.

He does however have proof of recovery in the form of a pcr test from September listed in the nhs app

Will the above alone be enough for us to travel and not have any issues.

Also do we all need fit to fly test now before departing, even those under 12?
snow report
More confusion! The rules were clarified yesterday on official sites as being PCR or Antigen test 48hours before travel, and I have a drive in test booked with Collinson at Gatwick tomorrow.
This morning I received a pre -departure email from DFDS saying....

Fully Vaccinated travellers must (*):

Show proof of double vaccination status from the NHS app or via a hard copy (can be obtained by calling 119). Proof of vaccination status will need to be presented at border controls.
Complete a Health Declaration form here, for all passengers over 12 years old.
For all passengers over 12 years old, take a non-NHS PCR test less than 48hrs before travelling. You will be required to present a certificate proving the negative test. NHS tests will not be accepted & boarding will be denied.

Followed by a link to the French government site that states PCR or Antigen!

Their website states
For all passengers over 12 years old, take a non-NHS PCR test less than 24hrs or an approved non-NHS lateral flow test less than 24hrs before travelling. You will be required to present a certificate proving the negative test. NHS tests will not be accepted & boarding will be denied.

Contacting them is impossible at the weekend as all phonelines are closed, I would be grateful to hear any feedback from people travelling with DFDS today as to what is accepted
snow report
So over on this site: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france

Both PCR and Antigen tests are acceptable for >12 y/o no more than 48hrs before departure

It's an absolute minefield atm
snow report
@Snowbikers, who are DFDS?
snow conditions
@andy from embsay, ferry service, Newhaven to Dieppe.
snow conditions
I'm waiting until next update to order anything. There's nothing I've got booked that can't be changed or cancelled at this stage.
ski holidays
Thanks @Pamski,
ski holidays
Snowbikers wrote:
More confusion! The rules were clarified yesterday on official sites as being PCR or Antigen test 48hours before travel, and I have a drive in test booked with Collinson at Gatwick tomorrow.
This morning I received a pre -departure email from DFDS saying....

Fully Vaccinated travellers must (*):

Show proof of double vaccination status from the NHS app or via a hard copy (can be obtained by calling 119). Proof of vaccination status will need to be presented at border controls.
Complete a Health Declaration form here, for all passengers over 12 years old.
For all passengers over 12 years old, take a non-NHS PCR test less than 48hrs before travelling. You will be required to present a certificate proving the negative test. NHS tests will not be accepted & boarding will be denied.

Followed by a link to the French government site that states PCR or Antigen!

Their website states
For all passengers over 12 years old, take a non-NHS PCR test less than 24hrs or an approved non-NHS lateral flow test less than 24hrs before travelling. You will be required to present a certificate proving the negative test. NHS tests will not be accepted & boarding will be denied.

Contacting them is impossible at the weekend as all phonelines are closed, I would be grateful to hear any feedback from people travelling with DFDS today as to what is accepted

Also traveling with them on Tuesday and found this on their website:
"For all passengers over 12 years old, take a non-NHS PCR test less than 48hrs or an approved non-NHS lateral flow test less than 48hrs before travelling. You will be required to present a certificate proving the negative test. NHS tests will not be accepted & boarding will be denied."
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Hells Bells, When's the next update?
snow report
beenative wrote:
@Hells Bells, When's the next update?

French gov meeting on Monday but that’s expected to be more about domestic restrictions (capacity limits on bars etc)
snow report
We have just booked PCR tests at Gatwick next Thursday - Express Medical for travel next Saturday. If we find not necessary by then well so be it. That was the closest we could find. This is for driving to Ste Foy
ski holidays
@backhojo,
Quote:

terrygasson wrote:

after seeing your question this morning, I just called project screen customer services and they confirmed it is valid for travel to France.

though anything can change in the next two weeks, when i am due to fly out!!!!!
snow report
Another dumb question. On the French declaration form (fully vaxxed, from Amber list countries), do we need to tick the box for "I agree to take an antigen test on arrival"?

We've got PCR certs. Not sure the form is keeping up with latest rules!
ski holidays
andy from embsay wrote:

Det Forenede Dampskibs-Selskab
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DFDS

Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Hyst wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:

Det Forenede Dampskibs-Selskab
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DFDS

Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Toofy Grin

"The United Steamship Company" Laughing
ski holidays
Gadge, agree it is a bit confusing.
Old version (pre-December?) of the form had the statement "I hereby agree on my honour to take an antigenic test or biological examination on arrival in metropolitan France (traveller aged above 12 years)" under the section headed "If I am not vaccinated under a complete vaccination schedule recognised by the European Medicines Agency".
On the version you now get from Eurotunnel the statement seems to have crept out and appears all on its own.
I would tick it. Only asks for you to agree. No obvious suggestion there will be any check.
snow report
Gadge wrote:
Another dumb question. On the French declaration form (fully vaxxed, from Amber list countries), do we need to tick the box for "I agree to take an antigen test on arrival"?

Your question is confusing me. I don't have any tick boxes anywhere on my copy of the form.

There are a whole number of statements printed on the form which I will be confirming to comply with, if I sign the form.

One of these statements relates to taking an antigen test on arrival if I am above 12 years. However, this is only applicable if I am not already fully vaccinated.
snow conditions
Mr Marmot wrote:
Gadge wrote:

Your question is confusing me. I don't have any tick boxes anywhere on my copy of the form.

There are a whole number of statements printed on the form which I will be confirming to comply with, if I sign the form.

One of these statements relates to taking an antigen test on arrival if I am above 12 years. However, this is only applicable if I am not already fully vaccinated.

Maybe they are supposed to be bullet points, not tick boxes? I guess the question could be about children but it's not clear, to me at least!

I've used the form in Section2.2 of the link below:
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel#from4

So many hurdles this week I may be over thinking it!
snow report
Gadge wrote:
Mr Marmot wrote:
Gadge wrote:

Maybe they are supposed to be bullet points, not tick boxes? I guess the question could be about children but it's not clear, to me at least!

I've used the form in Section2.2 of the link below:
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel#from4

So many hurdles this week I may be over thinking it!

GAdge, now I understand.

I'm using a form from the same place as you but I downloaded it 48 hours ago!

Although I did have a quick look again this morning, I did not notice a subtle difference they have recently made.

They have moved what was the third from last bullet point out of the section that was for 'not vaccinated' and now suggests that even vaccinated persons need to take an antigen test upon arrival!

However, I believe they are just confirming that a test has to be done before arrival and that obviously covers a PCR, as well as the LF version. We all know about these test.

Yes, there are only bullet points and not tick boxes. You don't have to tick anything. You are agreeing to all applicable statements by signing it anyway.
snow report
@Mr Marmot,@Jonpim, thanks for the responses. It's changing so fast it's impossible to keep up.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy