Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
chrisjshort wrote:
Bought four FitToFly LatFlow of confirmtesting.com

None can be used as the QR Codes on all of them are 'unregistered or test has been used'. Looking on twitter i'm not along in having this problem.

Cant get a response from them.

Going to have to buy replacements as traveling on Sunday.

If you're going to use 'confirmtesting.com' be careful - have a backup plan!

Interesting, the QR code on my fit to fly cert doesn't work either.

The test result, passport details, date etc is all fine and I have a printed couple of hard copies which I assume will be fine? I've yet to present a QR code on a fit to fly? Presumably this is mentioned as option for folks who don't have the ability to print?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't quite understand why a Brit has to do all these tests, yet a German, or any other EU member, doesn't have to. Can the virus differentiate between EU and non-EY folk, then??!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ricky B wrote:
Don't quite understand why a Brit has to do all these tests, yet a German, or any other EU member, doesn't have to. Can the virus differentiate between EU and non-EY folk, then??!

It is not nationality, it is country they are travelling from. A Brit travelling from Spain to France for example does not have to test, but a Spaniard travelling from the UK does.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are not in the EU. Just like a hundred or so other countries are not in the EU. And we are diverging from EU standards etc. Suspect you know all that though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ricky B wrote:

Ricky B
You have obviously missed the earlier comments on this...

FWIW, I agree with you - but some on here don't. Shocked

See above.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Oleski, @7ncj, thanks both. I found an app that converts to pdf so I've managed it now. Just need to work out what it wants now. Full addresses or just towns? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowrider wrote:
Ricky B wrote:

It is not nationality, it is country they are travelling from. A Brit travelling from Spain to France for example does not have to test, but a Spaniard travelling from the UK does.

As does a Brit travelling to the UK. wink

Do the French have to test before arrival in France? Or a Spaniard arriving in Spain? Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just to keep our anxiety levels up:
Covid France: government calls meeting on ‘additional measures’.
We travel Wednesday . . .

But at least they seem to have cleared up the confusion over Lateral Flow/Antigen tests:
Lateral flow pre-departure tests to be accepted for UK-France travel
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Jonpim, Thats ominous!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bergmeister wrote:

Do the French have to test before arrival in France? Or a Spaniard arriving in Spain? Puzzled

YES... I am French living in UK and will need to test also... it's not about nationality !
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, it is a bit, but i'm hoping the "additional measures" will be more domestic behaviour than restrictions on entry.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Jonpim, Lets hope so, I was thinking about ordering our tests today, I'll leave it to Monday now...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Jonpim, I've sort of accepted my 1-8 Jan trip is going to get binned off - better to prepare to be disappointed!

I don't mind if all bars and restaurants are shut, if we can ski and self-cater I'm happy. If travel becomes impossible then I'll understand but be sad.

I wonder if the tourist trade will be lobbying as sure they won't want another cancelled ski season
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonpim wrote:
Just to keep our anxiety levels up:
Covid France: government calls meeting on ‘additional measures’.
We travel Wednesday . . .

But at least they seem to have cleared up the confusion over Lateral Flow/Antigen tests:
Lateral flow pre-departure tests to be accepted for UK-France travel

We fly on Tuesday evening to Belfast, then on to Lyon on Wednesday.

Things are becoming very tense. We need to book a fit to fly test for Tuesday and then await Monday's announcement. Shocked

It's awful that we are all in this position nearly 2 years down the line Sad .
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The French news is suggesting it will be more about further restrictions on the unvaccinated rather than the general population. Tbh, things seem pretty normal here at the moment. I don’t get the feeling that things are about to shut down. The lifts open this weekend and all the bars/resto’s are preparing to open for the season.
Mind you, I felt the same in March 2020…
snow report
@zzz, *keeps fingers and toes crossed*
snow conditions
We shall wait and see - 4 weeks today until we travel and anything could happen between now and then!

Personally I'd like to see restrictions on unvaccinated here - from observation (work etc) there are many people who are hesitant about the vaccine/booster and, as there life is as normal as anyone else's, see no reason to be vaccinated.
snow report
Boris wrote:
We shall wait and see - 4 weeks today until we travel and anything could happen between now and then!

Personally I'd like to see restrictions on unvaccinated here - from observation (work etc) there are many people who are hesitant about the vaccine/booster and, as there life is as normal as anyone else's, see no reason to be vaccinated.

As long as it doesn’t extend to the age 12-15 who currently can’t book their second dose to become vaccinated. I am checking the NHS page daily which admits they are allowed but that this isn’t available yet. If it is just personal choice I am all for it when it is being withheld as it currently is by our government/NHS then I don’t support it
latest report
Waiting till the middle of next week re looking at what I need to do for our Jan 3rd short break. It’s all a bit messy with no clarity, in English at least.
snow report
Boris wrote:

So they should be strong armed into getting a vaccine they do not want? I’m fully vaccinated myself and will jump at the chance to have my booster when I’m eligible for it but that is my decision. Other people, in my view anyway should be free to come to their own conclusions. To impose restrictions on unvaccinated people seems like a willing to wound and fearing to strike sort of measure. If vaccines should be compulsory then the government should legislate for it and take the praise/ criticism that comes with it, not try to weasel out of it by trying to coerce people.

I’m aware this isn’t really the platform for this kind of debate but hey ho.
snow report
PrinceJohn wrote:
Boris wrote:

So they should be strong armed into getting a vaccine they do not want? I’m fully vaccinated myself and will jump at the chance to have my booster when I’m eligible for it but that is my decision. Other people, in my view anyway should be free to come to their own conclusions. To impose restrictions on unvaccinated people seems like a willing to wound and fearing to strike sort of measure. If vaccines should be compulsory then the government should legislate for it and take the praise/ criticism that comes with it, not try to weasel out of it by trying to coerce people.

I’m aware this isn’t really the platform for this kind of debate but hey ho.

I'm not a fan of mandatory vaccination. But I would be happy with some form of covid pass though, with negative test forming part of it. People can still then make a choice of vaccine or not.
snow conditions
Yes by restrictions I was more along the lines of Covid Pass - as was originally proposed. When it was introduced in France there was I believe a rapid uptake of vaccinations.

@PrinceJohn, I'd say this is the platform for discussion, but not in this thread, and I apologise for derailing it. Plenty of other threads in Apres on the subject.
ski holidays
Test in past 24 hrs, now, rather than 48 hrs??

https://www.bfmtv.com/economie/entreprises/transports/la-france-modifie-les-regles-de-voyages-depuis-et-vers-l-etranger_AV-202112030340.html?fbclid=IwAR39NEDAP1Z0H7hIFoFZX6RsBbZEb5-iKjMYd8mhGWvvg_qJEPzXzO8AU-8#xtor=CS9-144-[twitter]-[BFMTV
ski holidays
@Ricky B, for the non-vaccinated.
latest report
Désormais, toute personne entrant sur le territoire français doit présenter un test PCR ou antigénique négatif de moins de 24h (depuis les pays "rouges écarlates" et le Royaume-Uni) ou 48h (pays "verts", oranges" et "rouges").

Seule exception, les personnes présentant un schéma vaccinal complet n’ont pas à présenter de test, lorsqu'elles arrivent d'un État membre de l'Union européenne, d'Andorre, d'Islande, du Liechtenstein, de Monaco, de la Norvège, de Saint-Marin, du Saint-Siège ou de la Suisse.
snow conditions
@Ricky B, I think they’ve got that wrong - the updated government document is linked in the article and the 24hr UK thing is for unvaccinated - see the “orange” table, footnote 3:

snow report
@Ricky B - looks like you are correct, if this news article is correct that UK visitors will now need a negative test under 24 hours. Another hoop to jump through.
snow conditions
@The_Gate, I don’t think it is correct. See the “orange” table in this document. For vaxxed from UK it’s still 48hrs.

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/sites/minint/files/medias/documents/2021-12/dp-covid-frontieres-021221.pdf
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ricky B wrote:
Désormais, toute personne entrant sur le territoire français doit présenter un test PCR ou antigénique négatif de moins de 24h (depuis les pays "rouges écarlates" et le Royaume-Uni) ou 48h (pays "verts", oranges" et "rouges").

Seule exception, les personnes présentant un schéma vaccinal complet n’ont pas à présenter de test, lorsqu'elles arrivent d'un État membre de l'Union européenne, d'Andorre, d'Islande, du Liechtenstein, de Monaco, de la Norvège, de Saint-Marin, du Saint-Siège ou de la Suisse.

UK is on orange list, not scarlet red

snow conditions
It says 24 hrs from scarlet countries and the UK, and 48 hrs for all others - 24h depuis les pays "rouges écarlates" et le Royaume-Uni, ou 48h (pays "verts", oranges" et "rouges").

Announced within the last hour by the Minister for Tourism. Unless he's made a mistake... tho the article headline says that there have been changes to the rules...
ski holidays
Ricky B wrote:
It says 24 hrs from scarlet countries and the UK, and 48 hrs for all others - 24h depuis les pays "rouges écarlates" et le Royaume-Uni, ou 48h (pays "verts", oranges" et "rouges").

Announced within the last hour by the Minister for Tourism. Unless he's made a mistake... tho the article headline says that there have been changes to the rules...

Oh that sounds so much like our summer “Amber plus” which stopped me spending a few days in the alps in the summer!
latest report
Ricky B wrote:

The article is wrong. The government document linked above shows very clearly that the 24hrs applies to unvaccinated UK travellers. It’s the table on Page 3.
snow report
My head is hurting - is this new - the bit about specifically stating that Self-administered tests are not accepted? It seems pretty definite. I know there was some comment earlier but I thought it was concluded that self administered lateral flow tests were ok as long as they weren't nhs.
I was just about sorted in my mind and going to order some lateral flow tests to take at home before we depart - but reading this does this mean that we have to go somewhere to get the test done by a third person? Sorry if this has been asked already but I'm losing the will......

Taken from UK gov website just now:

COVID-19 entry requirements
From 00:00 CET 4 December (23:00 GMT 3 December), fully vaccinated travellers (aged 12 years or over) travelling from outside of the European Union to France must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result from either a PCR or antigen test. Tests must be taken no more than 48 hours before travel for vaccinated travellers and no more than 24 hours before travel for those who are not fully vaccinated. Self-administered tests are not accepted. HGV and van drivers arriving in France from the UK are not required to provide a negative COVID-19 test to enter France. Consult the French Embassy in the UK website and the French government’s website for further information. We will update these pages as soon as further details are confirmed.
snow report
Why are we lumped in with scarlet red countries when the U.K. is only classified as Orange?!?

“From now on, any person entering French territory must present a negative PCR or antigen test of less than 24 hours (from "scarlet red" countries and the United Kingdom) or 48 hours ("green", orange "and" red "countries)”
snow conditions
@loatie, normal 'fit to fly' test where you register your kit, snap the picture and upload is fine.

'Self administered' means that it's not digitally verified by the provider.
snow conditions
Timmycb5 wrote:
Why are we lumped in with scarlet red countries when the U.K. is only classified as Orange?!?

“From now on, any person entering French territory must present a negative PCR or antigen test of less than 24 hours (from "scarlet red" countries and the United Kingdom) or 48 hours ("green", orange "and" red "countries)”

because people post links to random news sources written by incompetent jouros. Let's stick to government sources and cease the panic
ski holidays
@Oleski, Bless you - thank you - I'm beginning to think I don't know what my own name is .........
ski holidays
Oleski wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:

because people post links to random news sources written by incompetent jouros. Let's stick to government sources and cease the panic

Exactly - the official source makes it clear that 24hrs refers to unvaxxed Brits.
snow conditions
from andy's linked pdf. unvaccinated need a 24 hour PCR : for vaccinated it is 48 hour

Je ne suis pas vacciné === Test PCR ouantigénique négatif< 48h(3) ::

(3) Test PCR ou antigénique négatif < 24h pour le Royaume-Uni.
snow conditions
Regarding at home rapid antigen tests, I asked the question of the C19 Testing customer service team earlier. This is their response:

“Many thanks for your email.

Our tests are not "self-tests" because the user does not interpret the test cassette, we do. France does not allow the use of tests that are taken and reported by the user, such as an NHS test.

Tens of thousands of people have used our rapid antigen test service to enter France.

Best Wishes,”
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy