Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
@James77, UK has never been red list - it was orange then went onto the “weird” list. The announcement says it’s still weird but without the compelling reason or isolation (hence the test requirement being 24 hours and not 48 as it is for vaxxed red list travellers).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For those who remember yesterday's jumping of the gun the Welcome Back Brits message is back on the Mairie de Morzine-Avoriaz facebook page Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
squidier1 wrote:
brovert wrote:
I’d avoid Chronomics. Although app returns results pretty quickly the app is buggy so can cause stress when you need it the least. They’ve also not been particularly flexible in exchanging LFT’s for day 2 tests.

Seconded.

+3 although a very helpful snowHead Told me I can use pre-return LFTs as departure ones which has saved me a lot of money Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So slightly ambiguous wording for UK families at the moment. Likely to be the passe sanitaire in resort if 12-17 year olds only have one jab so daily testing. However, border wording seems to initially sound like 12+ can only enter if fully vaccinated and negative test - which cancels out the travelling element - kids can ski, but if you're coming from the UK you can't come.

Hoping this will be clarified tomorrow as part of the 'travel' decree.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The resorts have spent a lot of money setting up Covid testing centres within their domains so I would expect something of a requirement for in resort testing one way or another to recoup their expenditure.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
andmelffion wrote:
Translation of the French Embassy press release

The rules that will apply from this Friday morning for travel between the UK and France will be as follows:

All travelers, vaccinated or not, must initially present a negative test (PCR or antigen test) of less than 24 hours.
For vaccinated travelers, there will no longer be any obligation to justify a compelling reason for coming to France, nor any obligation to respect a period of isolation on arrival on national territory. As such, the need to register, prior to travel, on the "passenger eOS" digital platform will be lifted. Screenings may be carried out at the places of arrival.
For unvaccinated travelers, travel from or to the United Kingdom will be authorized subject to being able to justify an overriding reason valid for “red” countries (https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites / L-actu-duMinistere / Certificate-of-deplacement-et-de-voyage).

Unvaccinated travelers from the United Kingdom must continue to register, before their departure, on the digital platform "passenger eOS" (https://passager.serveureos.org/), allowing in particular to enter the address of their stay in France.

They must, on their arrival in France, observe a strict quarantine period of 10 days at this place; this quarantine will be controlled by the security forces.

Just to recap , for fully vaxed adults :

As from tomorrow we will need

24Hr Antigen test
Vaccine proof
Passenger locator form ( with order number for test when back in UK)

Have I forgotten anything ?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pdsguy wrote:
For those who remember yesterday's jumping of the gun the Welcome Back Brits message is back on the Mairie de Morzine-Avoriaz facebook page Very Happy Very Happy

Somehow that seems like a very long time ago!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@andy from embsay, Thank you, I thought we were red. I still don't understand why we're not removed from the "weird list" as we did with France and the worry is there'll be special measures for under 12s and as you know no one under 12 unless vulnerable is being offered any vaccine.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
eblunt wrote:

Statement of honour?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@eblunt
Declaration d’Honneur saying no contact with anyone C-19 positive in previous 14d.
The other stuff is right as far as I can tell.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I keep reading people saying order number for day 2 test back in UK - these were abolished earlier this month... or did I miss something in the excitement - surely not reintroduced?!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Julief, They mean lateral flow test not pcr
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Julief, The test taken 2 days BEFORE returning was scrapped. The test taken within 2 days AFTER returning remains.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Julief wrote:
I keep reading people saying order number for day 2 test back in UK - these were abolished earlier this month... or did I miss something in the excitement - surely not reintroduced?!

The PCR two days BEFORE travelling back to the UK was abolished last month. The LFT two after being back is still in place.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 13-01-22 14:42; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
James77 wrote:
@andy from embsay, Thank you, I thought we were red. I still don't understand why we're not removed from the "weird list" as we did with France and the worry is there'll be special measures for under 12s and as you know no one under 12 unless vulnerable is being offered any vaccine.

something about fish

probably
snow conditions
Anyone know where I can download a Declaration d’Honneur that doesn't state I agree to test on arrival and isolate??
ski holidays
Day 2 tests on return are no longer required? - I keep reading on here people think they are needed?
ski holidays
First of all, this is unambiguous good news and team gorilla is now back in business for March and April in France. Woohoo.

One minor question. Let's say I fly out to Geneva and stay in Switzerland for three nights. In order to enter Switzerland I have complied fully with the Swiss regulations, including taking an LFT within 24hrs of departure. At the end of the long weekend, in order to get back to Geneva airport, I want to drive over the Forclaz, ski for a day in Chamonix and then cross back into Switzerland at Bardonnex. Do I need to take a further LFT in order to enter France via the Forclaz?
snow report
eblunt wrote:
andmelffion wrote:
Translation of the French Embassy press release

The rules that will apply from this Friday morning for travel between the UK and France will be as follows:

All travelers, vaccinated or not, must initially present a negative test (PCR or antigen test) of less than 24 hours.
For vaccinated travelers, there will no longer be any obligation to justify a compelling reason for coming to France, nor any obligation to respect a period of isolation on arrival on national territory. As such, the need to register, prior to travel, on the "passenger eOS" digital platform will be lifted. Screenings may be carried out at the places of arrival.
For unvaccinated travelers, travel from or to the United Kingdom will be authorized subject to being able to justify an overriding reason valid for “red” countries (https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites / L-actu-duMinistere / Certificate-of-deplacement-et-de-voyage).

Unvaccinated travelers from the United Kingdom must continue to register, before their departure, on the digital platform "passenger eOS" (https://passager.serveureos.org/), allowing in particular to enter the address of their stay in France.

They must, on their arrival in France, observe a strict quarantine period of 10 days at this place; this quarantine will be controlled by the security forces.

Just to recap , for fully vaxed adults :

As from tomorrow we will need

24Hr Antigen test
Vaccine proof
Passenger locator form ( with order number for test when back in UK)

May be being stupid here, but do we need the return UK PLF before entering France? I thought you could only do this 48 hours before returning?
snow report
Brilliant news, we are open again and may be able to recover some business. Happy ski hols in France everyone Very Happy
snow conditions
Mr.Egg wrote:
James77 wrote:

something about fish

probably

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
UK Locator has to be completed inside 48 hours before returning to UK. Is there not a French Locator to complete or just the Statement ? we are flying through Geneva - I know we need to do the swiss one but not sure about France - g*d its complicated !!!
snow conditions
Julief wrote:
Day 2 tests on return are no longer required? - I keep reading on here people think they are needed?

They are https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19
snow conditions
Flying Aberdeen-Amsterdam-Geneva, do I need a travel locator form when I land at Geneva as well as one for France.
ski holidays
Julief wrote:

The old rules were 2 test, one BEFORE travel and the other AFTER. The BEFORE test could be just a LFT but the AFTER one had to be a PCR.

I believe the revised rules completely remove the requirement for the BEFORE test and relax the AFTER test to only require a LFT and NOT a PCR.
latest report
BritsInContamines wrote:
May be being stupid here, but do we need the return UK PLF before entering France? I thought you could only do this 48 hours before returning?

Unlike the French and Swiss forms that are nice short, simple forms you can print out on a couple of pieces of A4 and sign the UK one is online and a complete overkill PITA load of questions. It also has to be completed less than 48hrs before your return.
ski holidays
Worth noting that all of this is for travel between UK and country x

Travel within green zones for France is unrestricted. Switzerland is on the green zone

So, as I read it (and have done lots of research before this, including spending Xmas and NY skiing in France!)

The old rules only applied to travel from UK to France. I think you could still have travelled to Switzerland or Italy and simply driven over the boarder perfectly legally.

Now, if flying to Geneva you are actually entering Switzerland so the PLF needs to comply with Swiss regs. Technically you'd then do a Switzerland to France journey - but not needed as it's green to green.

Hope that's clear!
latest report
We're flying LHR - Geneva and understand we need to complete Swiss Locator forms - https://swissplf.admin.ch/formular.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gorilla … we are assuming ‘yes’ … and can use a local clinic for 30chf immediate result LFTs….
snow conditions
@James77 Hi I'm just wondering why you think there will be special rules for under 12s? Have you heard anything? I have an U12 and we have booked for first week in March. Are France likely to request vaccine proof for 5-11 year olds before then? Sorry if off topic and to answer probably requires a crystal ball.
ski holidays
I don't know if anyone has posted this but it's a good summary of what's needed as it stands. https://www.morzinesourcemagazine.com/travel-to-france-from-the-uk
ski holidays
corshidan wrote:
squidier1 wrote:
brovert wrote:
I’d avoid Chronomics. Although app returns results pretty quickly the app is buggy so can cause stress when you need it the least. They’ve also not been particularly flexible in exchanging LFT’s for day 2 tests.

Seconded.

Damn , I've ordered from them this morning but it was not dispatched since I only need them for next week, should I just cancel the order and try somewhere else?

The outward jouney lft worked fine, it was just a bit stressful coming back - I'd stay stick with it, just give yourself enough time to do the return test.
The main issue for me was the change of rules whilst we were abroad, Chronomics were less than helpful.
latest report
Nipper wrote:
Flying Aberdeen-Amsterdam-Geneva, do I need a travel locator form when I land at Geneva as well as one for France.

Yes, the Amsterdam border people will want your Swiss QR code and vax certs. They’re not interested in where you’re off to after GVA.

If you’re flying back that way on KLM (I assume) their document portal is good - you can upload everything so they’ll issue online boarding pass etc (we travel hand luggage only so helpful not to have to go to checkin).

And arriving into GVA from AMS is a joy - like getting off a bus - just walk straight through.
snow report
Ok so I have it clear my head- going to be flying UK-Barcelona-driving across border to stay in France same day, then reverse on return. Will need to activate Pass Sanitaire for skilifts etc.

Do I fill in forms/get certification as per flying into Spain, or as per France as staying in France, or both?
snow report
gorilla wrote:
First of all, this is unambiguous good news and team gorilla is now back in business for March and April in France. Woohoo.

Good woohooing. Very important. Thanks.
snow report
Dr. Will wrote:
Ok so I have it clear my head- going to be flying UK-Barcelona-driving across border to stay in France same day, then reverse on return. Will need to activate Pass Sanitaire for skilifts etc.

Do I fill in forms/get certification as per flying into Spain, or as per France as staying in France, or both? Possibly a slight complication is that it may be after midnight when I end up in France. And what about if I want dinner in a Barcelona restaurant first?
snow conditions
Julief wrote:

You no longer need to a test to come to the UK
but you need a test within 2 days of arriving in the UK
Lots of places let you order online & take a test with you
Lots of airports have a drop off point for the test you do once landed back in UK
Lots of airports have testing centres on site or near to site if you do not want to take one with you

Day2 testing is pretty pointless now IMO. Most people are administering a self test anyway. Either as test & go, or because of symptoms, or another reason.
snow conditions
@Kandahar1, I don't know if there will just working on the basis we're still in a special category so subject to additional measures above other countries perhaps.
latest report
Quote:

Day2 testing is pretty pointless

Completely - but it's a small price to pay and easy to adjust the results if needed! Whichever way you want to
ski holidays
We've got a holiday booked to Austria, but I've been following to French travel rules with interest because we're planning to take the night train via Paris on our return journey. Does anyone have any idea what the rules for transiting France are? Just trying to work out if we'll need to show proof of a negative test or not. Presumably once we board the Eurostar in Paris, then it's just the return rules to the UK that matter, but would there be checks on our train from Austria?

The first year that we're not flying (because I thought the train would be a fun, relaxing way to travel), and transiting numerous countries is just making this all a bit more stressful! I've googled, but most of the online advice is all about flying.The pcr tests are mainly called 'fit to fly' for example, there's loads of info on checks at the airport, but it's not easy to work out what happens elsewhere. Anyone know?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy