Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
Mr.Egg wrote:
restrictions lifted

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59977978

https://news.sky.com/story/france-eases-covid-travel-restrictions-for-people-arriving-from-uk-12514769

So negative 24 hr PCR test required

Forgive me but where in either of the two articles does it say that it will be a PCR only? If you could please copy and paste the line Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@paulhinch, Riviera Radio saying PCR or Antigenique.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NehNeh
paulhinch wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
restrictions lifted

https://news.sky.com/story/france-eases-covid-travel-restrictions-for-people-arriving-from-uk-12514769

Negative PCR test??? That's a new one. That would effectively kill travel for lots of people.

Even under the current rules, a Lateral Flow has been acceptable for those able to travel.

Unless I’m missing something neither of those mention PCR, just a test? Which has been an antigen test within 24hrs since these rules came in.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
paulhinch wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
restrictions lifted

Negative PCR test??? That's a new one. That would effectively kill travel for lots of people.

Even under the current rules, a Lateral Flow has been acceptable for those able to travel.

Mr Egg is wrong - neither of those link mention PCR requirement (just negative covid test within 24 hours)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@andy from embsay, Snap !
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Phew... was just about to rip up my plans for Saturday
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
paulhinch wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
restrictions lifted

Agreed, I've not seen anything that indicates that a PCR is needed, rather than just a LFT - but maybe wrong. Both links just say 'negative test'.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://www.thelocal.fr/20220113/breaking-france-lifts-ban-on-uk-travel/

suggests either lft or pcr, as the UK wil just be a 'red list' country.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Until tomorrow the requirements are:

1. You need a compelling reason to enter France
2. You need a PCR or antigen test dated within 24hrs
3. To fill in a French PLF and isolate there for 10 days which can be reduced to 48hrs with a negative test.

The changes from tomorrow are to remove 1 and 3.

So 2 stays the same - PCR or antigen.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
By the way the UK gov website that was inaccurate and said you needed a PCR if you were transiting has been changed, I like to think because of a twitter whinge from me. It now says PCR or LFT

UPDATE: Due to not being very good at reading the rogue section “transiting” is still there and is wrong - I’ve chased FCDO again and they’re “reviewing” it…

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 13-01-22 13:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not sure if anyone can help, due to go to France on the 23rd and my partner and I both tested positive last week. We will have finished our isolation over a week before we are due to go but wasn’t sure if this is restricted? Both vaccinated and got our tests ready to complete before we go.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@skishambles01, Did you upload a result, or was it an LFT at home? If the latter, ride it out for a neg LFT and carry on... If you went for PCR, then not sure.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We went for a PCR, and have proof of recovery already.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Been out all morning. Any interesting announcements or things happened today?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have one week to get organised now. What is the best do at home LFT?
snow report
@skishambles01, I hope you will be OK. The key issue is that your NHS Covid pass won't be available until 10 days after you reported the infection, and you will need that. If you try to retrieve the pass it will tell you the date it becomes active again.

Second, it is conceivable that you will still have small amounts of residual virus which would show up on a PCR test - but you should be OK since what is needed are LFTs (you can always check your LFT status using one of the free NHS ones).
ski holidays
j b wrote:
@skishambles01, I hope you will be OK. The key issue is that your NHS Covid pass won't be available until 10 days after you reported the infection, and you will need that. If you try to retrieve the pass it will tell you the date it becomes active again.

Second, it is conceivable that you will still have small amounts of residual virus which would show up on a PCR test - but you should be OK since what is needed are LFTs (you can always check your LFT status using one of the free NHS ones).

Thanks so much for your help, we have lateral flows to take before we go rather than PCRs so I hope we will be okay!
latest report
Bit premature to give advice to people that they will only need to do a lateral flow test when the actual details of what test is required isn't published until tomorrow....
ski holidays
@skishambles01, can I ask how you got your proof of recovery? My 15 yo son tested positive covid Christmas Eve and want to ge5 one since he won’t be fully vaccinated.
latest report
JulieCarey wrote:
@skishambles01, can I ask how you got your proof of recovery? My 15 yo son tested positive covid Christmas Eve and want to ge5 one since he won’t be fully vaccinated.

you can't get a proof of recovery for under 16's - for over 16's it shows in the nhs app
snow conditions
Notwithstanding complicated teenagers and negative test possibilities, I think there has been insufficient whooping and hollering in here. So:

Wooooo, Hooooo!!! Whoop, whoop, hurrah!!! I am properly excited and might actually go to the ball!!!

See you on the piste Snowheads.
ski holidays
JulieCarey wrote:

The NHS app provides a proof of recovery after a positive PCR. If you select NHS covid pass within the app then it should be there.
latest report
There was lots of whooping and hollering over here haha, ready for some French skiing on Sunday! Very Happy

Chalet looks half empty as well and holidays still being sold for Saturday so reckon there must've been quite a few cancellations
snow report
ukoldschool wrote:
Bit premature to give advice to people that they will only need to do a lateral flow test when the actual details of what test is required isn't published until tomorrow....

It’s not really - they’ve said what they’re doing - removing the need for a compelling reason and isolation. The test requirement stays as it was - PCR or antigen within 24hrs of departure.

The French Embassy makes it pretty clear that negative test is still required so the test clause is the same.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 13-01-22 13:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
@brianatab, If you are full vaccinated you do not (currently) need a Covid test of any kind to enter France. Only proof of vaccination.

Are you sure - BBC are reporting that you will need a 24h PCR and to be fully vaccinated - "But a negative Covid test, taken 24 hours before leaving the UK, will still be required for all those arriving." - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59977978

A 24h PCR is a bit of a nightmare to sort off Saturday departures, so hopefully its LFT
ski holidays
@skishambles01, oh yeah, sorry I was asking for a child - they don’t have the NHS covid & I think I have to pay for an online form with a QR code for my son, just wanted someone who had done this to tell me details. We’re not going until 16th Feb so think I’ll let the dust settle in France reopening & hopefully there’ll be lost of advice on here!
latest report
Rob_Quads wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
@brianatab, If you are full vaccinated you do not (currently) need a Covid test of any kind to enter France. Only proof of vaccination.

Are you sure - BBC are reporting that you will need a 24h PCR and to be fully vaccinated - "But a negative Covid test, taken 24 hours before leaving the UK, will still be required for all those arriving." - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59977978

A 24h PCR is a bit of a nightmare to sort off Saturday departures, so hopefully its LFT

That article just says a negative test. It doesn’t specify a PCR or LFT
snow report
@Rob_Quads, I am a touch slow at the moment (post nights) but the article you've linked does not appear to say anything about PCRs?

Admittedly it does not say anything about LFTs either... Who knows!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@andy from embsay, well spotted - use of the word "still" here is pretty unambiguous.
ski holidays
irishz wrote:
@Rob_Quads, I am a touch slow at the moment (post nights) but the article you've linked does not appear to say anything about PCRs?

Admittedly it does not say anything about LFTs either... Who knows!

Agreed its vauge but it does say "But a negative Covid test, taken 24 hours before leaving the UK, will still be required for all those arriving." - i.e. you will need to take a test of some kind, being vaccinated alone will not be enough, we just don't know which yet.... edit - above shows its either a proper LFT or PCR

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 13-01-22 13:39; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Press release on the French Embassy website https://uk.ambafrance.org/Communique-de-presse-Assouplissement-des-mesures-sanitaires-aux-frontieres-avec
Antigen only in the last 24 hours, no need for PCR.
No further info on children though

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 13-01-22 13:43; edited 1 time in total
latest report
RobH2017 wrote:
Rob_Quads wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

That article just says a negative test. It doesn’t specify a PCR or LFT

Where are people seeing these mystery letters “PCR” in these articles? It just says “test”, doesn’t it?
snow report
Simon Calder confirms LFT, rather than PCR.
snow report
@GoldSilver7, Pretty sure it says either or...
snow report
Pieandrun wrote:
Notwithstanding complicated teenagers and negative test possibilities, I think there has been insufficient whooping and hollering in here. So:

Wooooo, Hooooo!!! Whoop, whoop, hurrah!!! I am properly excited and might actually go to the ball!!!

See you on the piste Snowheads.

Agreed. What a crazy winter, travel and attempting to travel has been traumatic. Denied boarding at at Bristol Airport for the PSB. Last Friday cancelled the 2weeks starting the 8th, today rebooking the second week. Going Saturday.
Wooooo, Hooooo!!! Whoop, whoop, hurrah!!! I am properly excited and will go to the ball!!!
snow report
@andy from embsay,

Can only think BBC edited the article
snow conditions
Ah sorry, I meant antigen is sufficient. Why you would pay a huge amount more thugh to do a PCR, I don't know
snow conditions
Translation of the French Embassy press release

The rules that will apply from this Friday morning for travel between the UK and France will be as follows:

All travelers, vaccinated or not, must initially present a negative test (PCR or antigen test) of less than 24 hours.
For vaccinated travelers, there will no longer be any obligation to justify a compelling reason for coming to France, nor any obligation to respect a period of isolation on arrival on national territory. As such, the need to register, prior to travel, on the "passenger eOS" digital platform will be lifted. Screenings may be carried out at the places of arrival.
For unvaccinated travelers, travel from or to the United Kingdom will be authorized subject to being able to justify an overriding reason valid for “red” countries (https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites / L-actu-duMinistere / Certificate-of-deplacement-et-de-voyage).

Unvaccinated travelers from the United Kingdom must continue to register, before their departure, on the digital platform "passenger eOS" (https://passager.serveureos.org/), allowing in particular to enter the address of their stay in France.

They must, on their arrival in France, observe a strict quarantine period of 10 days at this place; this quarantine will be controlled by the security forces.
latest report
Do we still need the passe sanitaire? A child we're taking (12y/o) has had one jab but not the other so I think we'd need to test him every morning in order to go up. Does that sound right?
snow report
So, who are the good guys for no-stress 24hr antigen tests then! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy