Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone planning a trip this weekend be quick Eurotunnel haven't put their prices up ...yet!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can highly recommend the Excalibur LFTs @£15.50 each with an instant app-based certificate. Survived heavy scrutiny at the border in December, when the French were checking the details of every vaccination and test.

Via BA to get the cheap price: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/covid19-tests

And I got a day 2 code with them as well, so they are multipurpose.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
£14.95 https://klarity.health/klarity-uk/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This has been posted on the Radio Val d’Isere site
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
quote from daily telegraph this morning:

'France has lifted its ban on British tourists, giving the green light to thousands ski holidays.

From tomorrow Britons will be able to visit France without the need to quarantine. All travellers, who must be fully vaccinated in order to be permitted entry, must take a Covid test 24 hours before arrival. Full details will be published in a decree on Friday.'

I assume that the requirement to test 24 hours before departure means it will be a lateral flow test.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 13-01-22 10:31; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin wrote:
Devils in the detail, particularly regarding children...

Presumably theres a lengthy French legal dictat due

This
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Re flying via Geneva, is a LFT needed for the return trip 24 hrs before leaving French resort? That would mean 3 LFTs per adult - one before flying from UK, one before leaving France for Geneva, one when back in UK?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andy from embsay wrote:

@no_snow_in_swindon, Swiss are PCR within 72hrs, antigen within 24hrs - both within 24/72hrs of “boarding” (so same as France). See Swiss Travelcheck I’ve just done.

Thanks snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
lower wrote:

'France has lifted its ban on British tourists, giving the green light to thousands ski holidays.

From tomorrow Britons will be able to visit France without the need to quarantine. All travellers, who must be fully vaccinated in order to be permitted entry, must take a Covid test 24 hours before arrival. Full details will be published in a decree on Friday.'
Not sure where the “fully vaccinated” point is from but if this is the case then a very high number of families will say au revoir and look at Austria, Italy and Switzerland for HT and Easter … and not just this season.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hamlet wrote:
Re flying via Geneva, is a LFT needed for the return trip 24 hrs before leaving French resort? That would mean 3 LFTs per adult - one before flying from UK, one before leaving France for Geneva, one when back in UK?

No just when you get home.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@GreenDay, @andy from embsay, wasnt the "fit to fly" 2 days prior to returning, and the pcr test on arrival back to the uk scrapped by Boris?

i thought it was only the "fit to fly" antigen test before leaving the uk was still in place?

also, i still need to know if teenagers, under 16yo even if double jabbed, require testing on a daily basis if unable to get a working qr code, this will be the deal breaker for me as the pharmacy in les menuires have cancelled all our appointments for feb half term.

need to make the "go/no go" decision by monday
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bosh! Test done and sent to C19 (negative obvs!). Mr P took one to work with him but left his passport at home. Now heading there to drop it off. Looks like we will make our tunnel crossing first thing tomorrow (at stupid o'clock..I think Mr P had booked the 5.20am slot!).
Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Need info on the fine details now, kids over and under 12.

My kids are 9 and 6 so zero vaccination presuming they'll be ok as Vaccine pass will apply to over 12's.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 13-01-22 10:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Still unclear if you have an unvaccinated 12YO though. Our kids love France and La Plagne but it feels a long way off yet. Shame, we've had 5 years with family and friend losses, and would like a few days away to recharge. I hope you manage to get a ski trip everyone. Blue skies, cool beers and powder wink
snow conditions
terrygasson wrote:
@GreenDay, @andy from embsay, wasnt the "fit to fly" 2 days prior to returning, and the pcr test on arrival back to the uk scrapped by Boris?

i thought it was only the "fit to fly" antigen test before leaving the uk was still in place?

also, i still need to know if teenagers, under 16yo even if double jabbed, require testing on a daily basis if unable to get a working qr code, this will be the deal breaker for me as the pharmacy in les menuires have cancelled all our appointments for feb half term.

need to make the "go/no go" decision by monday

if your under 16 has had both jabs you can request a letter that is valid for 30 days via the nhs website or ringing 119 - this has the qr code on confirming their vax status for travel
ski holidays
Finally some scant details (well, at least the date the change takes effect). We have an already booked crossing on Sunday, just got C19 to provide PLF references for two of our test kits so now it's a matter of sorting out someone to feed the cat(!)
latest report
@terrygasson, The UK fit to fly was scrapped - but you still need something for the country you are travelling to : On return to the UK, it is an LFT or PCR within two days of arrival

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 13-01-22 10:45; edited 1 time in total
snow report
[quote="andmelffion"]
terrygasson wrote:

if your under 16 has had both jabs you can request a letter that is valid for 30 days via the nhs website or ringing 119 - this has the qr code on confirming their vax status for travel

Do you have a link?
ski holidays
@albob, cheers, LFT at home is not too bad then, though obviously all can change at a drop of a hat!!!!
latest report
[quote="zazoupazou"]
andmelffion wrote:
terrygasson wrote:

Do you have a link?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/
snow report
ralphster wrote:
Still unclear if you have an unvaccinated 12YO though. Our kids love France and La Plagne but it feels a long way off yet. Shame, we've had 5 years with family and friend losses, and would like a few days away to recharge. I hope you manage to get a ski trip everyone. Blue skies, cool beers and powder wink

Are your children over 12? Mine are under but wondering if they'll be subject to any restriction.
ski holidays
Perty wrote:
About bloody time-just need to find the details of the rules. When do they start and Is it an antigen test?
Ahhh...Alex Holroyd's tweet says 14th. My c19testing antigen test is taken and brewing nicely! Looks like we might be in france by this time tomorrow! Madeye-Smiley

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Anyone have any insight as to what the likely position will be with pre teens / teens?

12 yr old with 1 jab, won't be eligible for 2nd jab before half term
16yr old with 2 jabs, won't be eligible for the booster before half term

Flying out on 12th Feb??! Argghhh!!
ski holidays
@terrygasson, sorry - should have been clearer. Testing for All offer “fit to fly” and “day 2” - they’re the same test and you get a code on either that works on UK PLF. However if you order as a day 2, they send it to arrive on the day when you get home. I therefore just order 2x FtF and then they both get sent out straight away.

You’re right, not pre-flight test for coming home.
latest report
So we can travel tomorrow? I see no time mentioned anywhere.
snow report
@StuHolmes_73, it’ll be from midnight on 14/1 (so a minute after 2359 tonight).
snow conditions
Quote:

Anyone have any insight as to what the likely position will be with pre teens / teens?

I've seen this:

Amendments to article 1 of the law on the vaccination pass were made by the senators, including the end of the vaccination pass below the threshold of 10,000 hospitalizations, the exemption from the vaccination pass for children under 18 years of age and the maintenance of the health pass for minors aged 12 to 17, or the removal of identity checks by the managers of the places and activities subject to the pass.
This Thursday, January 13 at 2 p.m., the vaccination pass goes to a joint joint committee where senators and deputies must agree on the bill, before it is re-examined by both chambers. The vaccine pass could apply from next week, according to government spokesman Gabriel Attal.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cheers @andy from embsay, i needed the return fit to fly antigen test for returning from france on boxing day, used "project screen" was £20 and certificate/confirmation was back in around 30mins.

had originally planned to use them for travelling out as well, but apparently they were not suitable (for some strange reason?) so used randox LFT to fly out, again result was confirmed within 30mins.
ski holidays
I have got the pre-departure fit to fly into France tests sorted. Do I need to pre book and show proof of the return to UK day 2 tests before i fly out to France?
Thanks
latest report
Quote:

So we can travel tomorrow? I see no time mentioned anywhere.

I hope so. I've just booked a 9.20 Eurotunnel crossing.
snow report
andy from embsay wrote:
@terrygasson, sorry - should have been clearer. Testing for All offer “fit to fly” and “day 2” - they’re the same test and you get a code on either that works on UK PLF. However if you order as a day 2, they send it to arrive on the day when you get home. I therefore just order 2x FtF and then they both get sent out straight away.

You’re right, not pre-flight test for coming home.

Be careful using the fit to fly test for day 2 testing. The provider we used wouldn't allow the fit to fly test to be used for day 2 even though it's the same test, their processing procedures are different for the 2 tests.
Seems like a money making wheeze to me.
snow conditions
Quote:

Do I need to pre book and show proof of the return to UK day 2 tests before i fly out to France?

No.
ski holidays
@terrygasson, France have some rule the test must detect the “nucleocapsid protein” (or N-Protein) - virtually all the standard LF tests do (including the FlowFlex ones that the government and lots of the providers use). It may be that Project Screen is one of the tiny number that don’t.
latest report
Newbie72 wrote:

It's a proper ball ache isn't it?
Our 12yo is single jabbed, the 12-week window for his next jab is first week of March so that put half term out of the question unless they reduce the time between 1st and 2nd jabs.

We'd like to go to Andorra, as we'd planned to go over Christmas but had it cancelled - all I would like is if we can transit through France with an unvaxxed 12yo. I'd be happy with that.
snow report
What co's do folks recommend for antigen?
I run at a high level of anxiety so can't get this wrong it's just more worry for me, I'm thinking going with 2 co's over ordering to ensure I don't mess it up!
snow report
This is definitely exciting news and just trying to work through what we need ahead of half term (assuming nothing else changes!)

My nephew is 12 on Jan 22nd so will be under the 12 years and 2 months cut off when we arrive. Presuming he will therefore be exempt from the vax requirements for a minor?

Many thanks you knowledgable folks!

D
snow report
@squidier1, well they can say that, but as the day 2 test result doesn’t actually get reported to anyone it’s difficult to see what they would or could do about it! As long as the PLF code works that’s all you need to worry about.
snow conditions
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/13/france-to-lift-ban-on-uk-tourists-from-friday-says-tourism-minister?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Think we can all breathe out at last snowHead Very Happy
ski holidays
franga wrote:
lower wrote:

Not sure where the “fully vaccinated” point is from but if this is the case then a very high number of families will say au revoir and look at Austria, Italy and Switzerland for HT and Easter … and not just this season.

Austria require 3 jabs for anyone over 15 (born before Sept 2006) although recovery counts as a booster (3rd jab).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy