Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
roq1000 wrote:
If we're allowed into France on the 15th, what do people think is the likelihood of having to test on arrival?

Have you read the discussion that's already happened on issues like this over the last few pages?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just for clarification (or lack of) TAC, Pass Sanitaire, Pass Vaccinal - what's the difference?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry just realised I've drifted. Apologies Embarassed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
andy from embsay wrote:
James77 wrote:
There's no way the UK would be subject to more special measures than any other country on the Red list what would be the justification?

Any changes will be to French traffic light system and on basis French children aren't triple vaxxed and it doesn't apply to under 12s this is just ridiculous speculation.

It's quite possible they'll say adults require booster and pcr.

They’ve never required a vaccinated person to have a PCR test to enter France yet, so I can’t see why they would start now? PCRs are there to detect variants - they know perfectly well what variant is in the UK - what possible reason could they have to require a PCR test?

Honestly - given the noises coming out of the various resorts it’ll be a pre-flight antigen at most.

I have no thoughts on vax status, but remember this is origin based not passport - so why would they ask every French person coming from the UK to have a booster (even if within 7 months of jab 2) when they wouldn’t be required to have one when they’re in France?

Both good points I was just thinking what might happen as additional measures that on the face aren't too onerous but pure speculation, your argument is sound and I hope you're right.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
roq1000 wrote:
If we're allowed into France on the 15th, what do people think is the likelihood of having to test on arrival?

Extremely unlikely
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@roq1000, my guess is that it will be an LFT prior to departure and on that basis that is what I’ve ordered!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ozboy wrote:
roq1000 wrote:

Extremely unlikely

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
James77 wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:
James77 wrote:
There's no way the UK would be subject to more special measures than any other country on the Red list what would be the justification?

Any changes will be to French traffic light system and on basis French children aren't triple vaxxed and it doesn't apply to under 12s this is just ridiculous speculation.

It's quite possible they'll say adults require booster and pcr.

They’ve never required a vaccinated person to have a PCR test to enter France yet, so I can’t see why they would start now? PCRs are there to detect variants - they know perfectly well what variant is in the UK - what possible reason could they have to require a PCR test?

Honestly - given the noises coming out of the various resorts it’ll be a pre-flight antigen at most.

I have no thoughts on vax status, but remember this is origin based not passport - so why would they ask every French person coming from the UK to have a booster (even if within 7 months of jab 2) when they wouldn’t be required to have one when they’re in France?

Both good points I was just thinking what might happen as additional measures that on the face aren't too onerous but pure speculation, your argument is sound and I hope you're right.

I.e. you're overthinking it. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Duplicate deleted.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 12-01-22 20:34; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
conor wrote:
@roq1000, my guess is that it will be an LFT prior to departure and on that basis that is what I’ve ordered!

Great, thanks.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
roq1000 wrote:

0.1% chance.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
With 361000 new infections today in France (an average of 275000 for the last 3 days) a few infected Brits won't make a difference to policy, if they are concentrating on the closeset crocodile to the canoe.

I was thinking of going for a fortnight at the end of this month, but if I were to test positive over there, it would make it logistically tricky when I got home. I have chatted to a couple of mates and seen various group messages. To avoid catchjng it I would have to be a hermit.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chocksaway wrote:
To avoid catchjng it I would have to be a hermit.

Or immune?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@andy from embsay, or vaccinated?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well I’d let us in. We’re all blue.

ski holidays
@under a new name,
Quote:

@andy from embsay, or vaccinated

Well the majority of the people I know who have had three jabs, and been in general circulation, have caught Covid in the last few weeks.
snow report
RobinS wrote:
@under a new name,
Quote:

@andy from embsay, or vaccinated

Well the majority of the people I know who have had three jabs, and been in general circulation, have caught Covid in the last few weeks.

Unlucky then, as VE v infection is reckoned to be c80%. Anyway, they’ll be super-immune now!
snow conditions
@chocksaway, if its an LFT your best bet is to catch it now.
ski holidays
Family of five and four of us have covid as we speak, two triple jabbed, one double, one single (due to ages), we got it roughly the same time and all have similar mild symptoms. I also had a more severe dose of covid in March last year.

I also know lots of people that are triple jabbed and have recently caught it, catching whilst abroad is a possibility, not that it would put me off going.
latest report
I'm not planning on testing whilst I'm there unless I have obvious symptoms. The trips have been fully derisked recently for me.
latest report
Any news on the rumoured 9.30 CET twitter update
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
I'm not planning on testing whilst I'm there unless I have obvious symptoms.

Yeah, we came to that conclusion too. Biggest worry now (for a possible 22nd departure), is testing positive here!
latest report
I have no plans to test whilst I’m there.
snow report
@andy from embsay, @under a new name, I am not immune and yes I have had 3 vaccinations, but becoming infected would create problems for me on return, that's personal. Its a personal risk assessment.
ski holidays
@Jonny996, have a feeling this is increasingly unlikely given they're still debating the domestic vaccine passport. Good news for those with kids though that it seems they've removed the 12-18 group from needing a booster by the weekend.

Also seems like as per parliamentary timelines it's now not possible to pass in time for a 15th introduction, but that also means it's almost impossible surely to pass a renewal of the law blocking people from the UK which expires on the 15th...
ski holidays
@javindo, so what does that mean for 15th? Or, as the date relevant to us, the 16th?
snow report
@javindo, that's the senate debating that. I still think we'll have an update soon.
snow conditions
Possibly but I can't see given the update that the vaccine passport law no longer has time to pass how they could renew the UK ban in time for the 15th so that's surely as good as confirmed for those waiting to know about this weekend?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Damianowen7, Shocked - just realised we will be in the same boat.......hadn't even occurred to me that there was a time limit on having the booster! We had our 2nd on 5 July and could of had our booster in Dec but only date I could get was 2 days before we were due to go to Italy (didn't want to risk side effects that we had with our 2nd jabs) so I just figured we'd get them done when we got back....... Not considering of course that we could come back and test positive on our day 2 tests! Covid symptoms now subsiding but can't get boosters until Feb......which puts us over 7 months between jabs.

We were hoping to get to France in March so anyone that can shed any light on how we stand would be a real help.
ski holidays
It's gone 10pm there... Won't be anything announced tonight now surely?
latest report
@KathE, get your boosters in Feb and you'll be fine for March. They don't require that you have the booster within a certain time to be eligible going forward, more that, after 7 months, if you haven't had your booster, then you won't qualify for the PV. Once you've had your booster (even if it's 8, 9, 10 months after your 2nd jab), you'll qualify for the PV again (just not in the interim period). Does that make sense?
snow report
javindo wrote:
Possibly but I can't see given the update that the vaccine passport law no longer has time to pass how they could renew the UK ban in time for the 15th so that's surely as good as confirmed for those waiting to know about this weekend?

The UK travel ban is just a time limited presidential decree isn't it?
snow report
@Timmycb5, does make sense - thank you Smile
snow conditions
@paulhinch, ah sorry if that's the case I suppose those can be fired off willy nilly, I thought it was an actual law passed through the houses
snow report
For those without boosters it looks like the senate is reducing the time limit to 4 months after 15 Feb. It’s 7 months now I think. So I guess if looking to go at half term, that might be relevant.
Does seem 12-17s will be back to the current system which allows for negative tests. Wonder if they’ll keep that at daily tests or go back to the every 3x days they had before?
latest report
I don’t know if anyone has access to the Morzine Marie FB Page but they have gone early saying

the Montriond Mairie made an announcement this afternoon that they are looking forward to welcoming the British from this Saturday.
They have said that the Govt briefed the regional administrations this afternoon that restrictions would be lifted but the Official announcement will be made tomorrow or Friday.
The Montriond Mayor went early as he said it helps the Brits plan for tgus w/e.
snow conditions
Rob Mackley wrote:
I don’t know if anyone has access to the Morzine Marie FB Page but they have gone early saying

the Montriond Mairie made an announcement this afternoon that they are looking forward to welcoming the British from this Saturday.
They have said that the Govt briefed the regional administrations this afternoon that restrictions would be lifted but the Official announcement will be made tomorrow or Friday.

Interesting! Do you have a link for this?
latest report
charlie1314 wrote:
Rob Mackley wrote:

Interesting! Do you have a link for this?

They removed it. But I did screenshot it onto the morzine crew page.....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/morzinecrew/permalink/5111489822224237/
snow report
@Rob Mackley, I think we are all comfortable that the ban will be lifted for fully vacinated, what the next question is what testing requirements is there to gain entry & for some how are the single jabbed teens treated
snow conditions
@charlie1314, search Morzine Magazine on Facebook they made the post earlier .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy