Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
V good point @robs1 - hence I do wonder a wink has been tipped. Has anyone spotted any pallets of Walls sausages being carried into hotels in Val d’Isere?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just had an email from our TO:

“ The French government has today announced this morning as expected that the travel restrictions will be relaxed very soon and will be confirmed by the end of this week. Since this morning there has been a lot of pressure applied from all corners of the tourism industry and regions affected and we understand a more definitive announcement will be made early this evening.”

Watch this space, I guess…
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The restrictions are also in the other direction so there will be a lot of French residents who will have been waiting to come to the UK.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsliverpool/france-travel-ban-latest-as-borders-to-reopen-for-uk-holidaymakers/ar-AASHCk5

It’s looking good but still need to wait before booking my tunnel for this weekend.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
LittleRos wrote:
Just had an email from our TO:

“ The French government has today announced this morning as expected that the travel restrictions will be relaxed very soon and will be confirmed by the end of this week. Since this morning there has been a lot of pressure applied from all corners of the tourism industry and regions affected and we understand a more definitive announcement will be made early this evening.”

Watch this space, I guess…

May I ask which TO posted/sent this update?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mr P emailed President Macron yesterday via the Elysee palace email address (you can email Brigitte too), informing him that we have a french house, we pay tax on it to the French govt and our dog is french (well he has a french pet passport), so can we visit please!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andy from embsay wrote:
ace1111in wrote:
Weathercam wrote:
Just read on a WhatsApp group that the British army is coming out, 15th January.

Did you have access to any formal announcement on this?

Trying to make the decision on our trip which is flying out on Saturday 15th London to Geneva at 0600, then transferring across the border to Morzine...

Not quite as fine as the overnight Eurostar but close!

There is no formal announcement yet, but I get the feeling certain parties have been tipped the appropriate wink - airlines are running flights, I read one of the officials in Meribel said they’d been told 15th is the date and (possibly slightly less relevant to skiing!) Newcastle Falcons are still showing their match on Friday as being on - they had said they’d cancel if they had to isolate for 48hrs. And if the army are travelling you’d hope they’d have some insight…

Thanks, fingers crossed!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Perty wrote:
Mr P emailed President Macron yesterday via the Elysee palace email address (you can email Brigitte too), informing him that we have a french house, we pay tax on it to the French govt and our dog is french (well he has a french pet passport), so can we visit please!

Well done for pushing it over the line Pertys!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@charlie1314, Family Ski Company
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Weathercam wrote:
Just read on a WhatsApp group that the British army is coming out, 15th January.

Not too sure if it's the Royal Army Medical Corps or the Logistics Corps, but it's amusing to think that it's the RAMC and they're coming to the aid of the French, yet again in these trying times Laughing

Excuse my ignorance what would the military be doing?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This has just been posted on the Facebook page of the Mairie de Morzine-Avoriaz......

I can't get it to copy the text but here's the link.

https://www.facebook.com/MairieMorzine/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pdsguy, nice one, but I think it must be in anticipation of the further announcement!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I wouldn't get excited on the basis of the British Army arriving in France. They are on duty and therefore not on holiday. Their movement is covered under various agreements, normally the NATO Status of Forces Agreement, just like any other military deployment.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Perty wrote:
@pdsguy, nice one, but I think it must be in anticipation of the further announcement!

Yes...seems a bit bold bearing in mind the lack of formal government announcement!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
James77 wrote:
Weathercam wrote:

Not too sure if it's the Royal Army Medical Corps or the Logistics Corps, but it's amusing to think that it's the RAMC and they're coming to the aid of the French, yet again in these trying times Laughing

They have a ski tournament/event
snow report
We have a tunnel booked for very early Friday. I think that might not be possible now. We have c19testing kits at the ready if they require 24 hour antigen tests, but I get a sense that they would have announced it sooner if they knew they were going to require testing. Mr P is booking a cancellable flexi crossing for Saturday in anticipation of putting our trip back 24 hrs..(well, I say 24 hours,but in fact in total our trip will have been put back 13 very precious days).
snow report
andmelffion wrote:
James77 wrote:
Weathercam wrote:

They have a ski tournament/event

I'm too old to sign up for GI, perhaps a desk job!
latest report
chocksaway wrote:
I wouldn't get excited on the basis of the British Army arriving in France. They are on duty and therefore not on holiday. Their movement is covered under various agreements, normally the NATO Status of Forces Agreement, just like any other military deployment.

For a skiing comp? Duty? That's a stretch.
snow report
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/12/france-poised-to-lift-blanket-ban-on-uk-travellers-by-end-of-the-week

'British skiers could soon be able to return to French slopes after an announcement that France is due to lift its blanket ban on non-essential travel from the UK.

The French government’s official spokesman, Gabriel Attal, said after a weekly cabinet meeting on Wednesday that Paris would ease travel restrictions from the UK to France in the next few days.'
ski holidays
pdsguy wrote:
This has just been posted on the Facebook page of the Mairie de Morzine-Avoriaz......

They've removed it now. Think someone got a little trigger happy! Very Happy
ski holidays
I wonder if the delay is because they have to update all the regulations for all countries seeing as from the 15th you must be boostered, that's currently not in the rules I don't think?
latest report
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:
pdsguy wrote:

Not skiing related but I’ve just seen this too….

‘Alex Sanderson tells us he’s very confident of Sale playing in Clermont on Sunday @ChampionsCup Been told the French 48hr isolation period will be lifted, allowing them to fly in on Sat, fly home Sun night’
snow report
Minion1980 wrote:
I wonder if the delay is because they have to update all the regulations for all countries seeing as from the 15th you must be boostered, that's currently not in the rules I don't think?

I thought it was that, before they banned us...
latest report
pdsguy wrote:

What did it say?
snow conditions
Welcome back….. The British can come back and we’re looking forward to seeing you at the weekend.
ski holidays
Leaves it a bit short on time to get tested before friday..
snow report
pdsguy wrote:
Welcome back….. The British can come back and we’re looking forward to seeing you at the weekend.

Frustrating it's just timing we know it's happening. What we're most interested in is entry requirement, presume global change to boostered but will it be PCR or Antigen still and Qs around over 12's.
snow conditions
I'm hoping that the delay is because the announcement isn't just a 'you can come back in' one, but more a 'you can come back in but here are the rules you need to abide to (eg vaccine pass/booster etc) - esp as that's about to kick in too.

No point in letting us in under pass sanitaire rules for them to change mid holiday - means whatever you could do with a negative test one day changes overnight. In fact, wouldn't be surprised if they opened borders to coincide with vaccine pass starting - makes their lives easier.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Could someone send a link to the new rules from the 15th re the booster jabs? It could be causing an issue for someone in my party who has recently tested positive and now doesn't have long enough before we leave to get boosted...

Cheers
snow conditions
andy from embsay wrote:
pdsguy wrote:

What did it say?

wondered why you were getting excited over the new opening hours of the library ??
latest report
mikeyrobbo08 wrote:
Could someone send a link to the new rules from the 15th re the booster jabs? It could be causing an issue for someone in my party who has recently tested positive and now doesn't have long enough before we leave to get boosted...

Cheers

Don’t have a link, but the rule is too need to have had your booster within 6 months and 2 weeks of your second jab.

So if it’s less time than that, they’ll be OK.
ski holidays
pdsguy wrote:

From MorzineSource Magazine regarding the above....

You might be wondering where our earlier shared post from the Mairie de Morzine-Avoriaz regarding the borders opening this weekend has gone… here’s some background to that post. (Spoiler alert - it’s still good news).
Most of us can agree that these border restrictions are political. But as time went on and they became even more ridiculous, they also became dangerous. Today in Morzine, the slopes are almost empty (you can even get a space in the Pleney car park - shocker!). The streets are quiet, businesses are struggling and the anxiety felt by local business owners is horrible. It’s difficult for me to exaggerate how significant these restrictions are to your favourite ski resorts.
At the same time the French government have been dropping tiny hints of easing these restrictions. We understand that a decision was made this morning to open the borders this Saturday, this news was communicated to the elected officials in ski resorts across the Alps earlier today. Amazing! The Brits will be back this weekend! Hurrah! A further pause, the absence of any new information or any follow-up statement… it’s all very well opening the borders for this weekend, but if that announcement comes too late, then another vitally important week of the ski season will be lost. There’ll be no time for any required tests, the uncertainty will cause more cancellations…
So the Mairie de Morzine-Avoriaz, in a bold attempt to keep the Winter 22 season alive, published an update for British skiers - “we’ll see you this weekend”. It’s frustrating for everyone involved to wait for an government update so they wanted to send a clear message to you; Morzine-Avoriaz is waiting for you. We’re expecting you THIS weekend.
As always, we’re here to share info, updates and answer your questions. Keep the faith, your favourite ski resorts need you!
#LoveMorzine
latest report
@Timmycb5, Thanks. They had the second jab in May 2020 so should have had the booster by now... If they have a valid NHS Covid Pass for travel though will it still be an issue? Or will we be required to show the vaccination record (Flying into GVA anyway, with Coach transfer across to France all being well)..
snow report
@mikeyrobbo08, as I understand it, getting there shouldn’t be a problem. But accessing anything that needs the pass vaccine will be an issue if they’re not boostered.
snow conditions
Charliegolf wrote:
chocksaway wrote:

For a skiing comp? Duty? That's a stretch.

RAF Ski Champs - Duty.
RAFG Ski Scheme - Duty.
North American Expedition training (aka skiing) - Duty

Just my history, not aiming to justify.

One of my mates, an Army Medical Reservist has done 3 in Serre recently.
ski holidays
Interesting post on Morzine source magazine facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/MorzineSourceMagazine/

Quote:

You might be wondering where our earlier shared post from the Mairie de Morzine-Avoriaz regarding the borders opening this weekend has gone… here’s some background to that post. (Spoiler alert - it’s still good news).
Most of us can agree that these border restrictions are political. But as time went on and they became even more ridiculous, they also became dangerous. Today in Morzine, the slopes are almost empty (you can even get a space in the Pleney car park - shocker!). The streets are quiet, businesses are struggling and the anxiety felt by local business owners is horrible. It’s difficult for me to exaggerate how significant these restrictions are to your favourite ski resorts.
At the same time the French government have been dropping tiny hints of easing these restrictions. We understand that a decision was made this morning to open the borders this Saturday, this news was communicated to the elected officials in ski resorts across the Alps earlier today. Amazing! The Brits will be back this weekend! Hurrah! A further pause, the absence of any new information or any follow-up statement… it’s all very well opening the borders for this weekend, but if that announcement comes too late, then another vitally important week of the ski season will be lost. There’ll be no time for any required tests, the uncertainty will cause more cancellations…
So the Mairie de Morzine-Avoriaz, in a bold attempt to keep the Winter 22 season alive, published an update for British skiers - “we’ll see you this weekend”. It’s frustrating for everyone involved to wait for an government update so they wanted to send a clear message to you; Morzine-Avoriaz is waiting for you. We’re expecting you THIS weekend.
As always, we’re here to share info, updates and answer your questions. Keep the faith, your favourite ski resorts need you!
latest report
Timmycb5 wrote:
@mikeyrobbo08, as I understand it, getting there shouldn’t be a problem. But accessing anything that needs the pass vaccine will be an issue if they’re not boostered.
Eh oh!

What happens if unable to get booster as within the 28 day window of previous infection?
So 2 jabs, 2nd on 1st July (passes sanitaire expiring on 31st Jan) but positive covid test on 21st dec (expiry on passe sanitaire on 19th June)
snow report
Does anyone have a view on what the new rules for travel / tourism in France from the 15th Jan will say about an unvaccinated person with a Dec positive PCR test and since recovered, entering and staying in France?

Intended travel to France very end of March 2022, asking because of the timing of commencing the vaccinations to qualify as double jabbed.

Ta
ski holidays
Sasha320320 wrote:
Does anyone have a view on what the new rules for travel / tourism in France from the 15th Jan will say about an unvaccinated person with a Dec positive PCR test and since recovered, entering and staying in France?

Is Novax Djokovic planning to come to France rather than play tennis in OZ? snowHead
snow report
Rumour locally is that only UK subjects with Triple vaccine (2 plus booster) with a negative PCR test will be admitted to France.
No ifs no buts triple shots or no entry! No exemptions for children! (Arguments over this is what has postponed the announcement)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy