Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
Quick question (without searching through multiple pages on here and giving myself a headache)...

(As it stands...) coming back from France via Geneva Airport would we have to do an antigen test 48 hours before the flight home due to going into Switzerland?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’m wondering this too - there’s the Rhône Alpes exemption but I’m not sure this is really meant to cover returning British skiers but rather those who commute across the border for work.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Swiss travelcheck site (https://travelcheck.admin.ch/check) gives "I live in a border region" (e.g. Rhône Alpes) as the exemption, so I don't think that applies. It gives the result of not needing a test if entering only for transit, but the example given is "by private vehicle and without stopover". Does entering GVA airport to fly home count as transit in this context?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Skimum1, my read of the ARH exemption is it's for full time residents ... last lockdown it was living (permanently) within 30kms of the border.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andmelffion wrote:
lower wrote:
andmelffion wrote:
snowheeeed wrote:
Warnergb7 wrote:
Does anyone have any detailed info on what is coming for France once these new rules have passed this week (though there were protests yesterday I see)? I know that everyone will need to be fully vaccinated but I think there is some hope that might not apply to 12 - 16 year olds but the only thing I found on that was that the exemption was only for school trips. We have a 12 year old who can only get her second jab on the Tuesday before we go on the Friday so she a) won’t have 7 days post vaccine and b) we won’t get her NHS letter in time. I think…..

I'm trying understand the situation too for 12 - 16. I've got a 12 an 15 yr old. Both got Covid in Nov 2021, now recovered but can't get vaccinated before 12 Feb 2022 when we fly. I'm fully vaccinated.

Children aged 12 years old or over who are not fully vaccinated and travelling with a fully vaccinated adult are required to present a negative test result (PCR or antigen). In this instance, the child aged 12 years old or over does not need to provide an essential reason for travel, nor do they need to self-isolate on arrival.

Children aged 12 years old or over who are unvaccinated and travelling alone are subject to the same conditions adults who are not fully vaccinated. Children aged 11 years old or younger do not need to present a negative test result to travel.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

currently over 12's in France either need to have had both doses of the vaccine (or 1 if Janssen) or 1 dose and have recovered from covid and be able to prove it - rules may well change this week when hopefully we will be allowed back into the country

How did you interpret this?
What does full vaccinated mean? My kids haven;'t even had 1 vaccine so in theory, they are not fully vaccinated. Or are they in the unvaccinated category (despite travelling with an adult)?

On the positive side, I interpret as over 12 children don't need to do the 2 days isolation to test and release and ski at their leisure from day 1 Laughing

NHS website says children can have a jab at least 4 weeks after recovered from covid, and ideally 12 weeks.

As November is well over 4 weeks ago, you should be able to get one jab in each child before you want to travel even though its not been 12 weeks. I'd go to a walk in centre and just get them done.

That is completely wrong - correct wording taken from the NHS website is below and is a minimum of 12 weeks after their confirmed positive PCR test (my wife is also a clinical lead for 3 vaccine centres who has confrmed this is correct)

Children can get a 1st dose of the vaccine from the day they turn 12.

Most children can get a 2nd dose from 12 weeks after they had their 1st dose.

If your child has tested positive for COVID-19 and is not at high risk from COVID-19, they need to wait 12 weeks before they can have a COVID-19 vaccine.

This starts from the date of their positive PCR test.

I've found the discrepancy now between NHS and GOV websites
So if your child was positive :
NHS= wait 12 weeks or 4 if high risk
GOV= ideally wait 12 weeks or 4 if high risk

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-checklist-for-parents-of-children-aged-12-to-15-years/pre-covid-19-vaccination-booking-checklist-for-parents-of-children-aged-12-to-15-years
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

Thanks all for the sage advice
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quick question, I hope.

On the assumption that France removes the restriction shortly, do I require to download the TAC app and scan in my stuff, or is the NHS app acceptable (it has an "international travel" bit in the Scottish one) at airport, pubs, restos, ski lifts etc?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:
Quick question (without searching through multiple pages on here and giving myself a headache)...

(As it stands...) coming back from France via Geneva Airport would we have to do an antigen test 48 hours before the flight home due to going into Switzerland?

No. The swiss rules exempt “travellers from border regions”.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GreenDay wrote:
Quick question, I hope.

On the assumption that France removes the restriction shortly, do I require to download the TAC app and scan in my stuff, or is the NHS app acceptable (it has an "international travel" bit in the Scottish one) at airport, pubs, restos, ski lifts etc?

The NHS version is fine
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://www.facebook.com/swissembassyuk/photos/a.404777039559467/4914989045204888/

If you can see this it kind of answers the question. As a British skier are you 'people from border regions'?

Interestingly it says for planes and coaches test and form are required....which kind of implies they won't be inspecting private cars?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gilly76, Many thanks
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pdsguy wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/swissembassyuk/photos/a.404777039559467/4914989045204888/

If you can see this it kind of answers the question. As a British skier are you 'people from border regions'?

Interestingly it says for planes and coaches test and form are required....which kind of implies they won't be inspecting private cars?

Not sure what you mean as I can only see this simple graphic that says Swiss rules are so much clear and simple that I might change destination from Avoriaz to Saas Fee (but i really want to try Avoriaz but given the kids not vaccinated or fully vacc then Swiss looks like it's a go!)
https://scontent-lcy1-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/268819235_4914989018538224_410983335545527434_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=vpNgzeTqSVAAX_cyN1U&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-2.xx&oh=00_AT9kYcNGP1iSyysPf5oP1lNEuKiAWrO2HxwzCJVCSuL7Wg&oe=61E1DE6D
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It was in answer to the question above about transit - Do you need a test to travel from PDS (for example) to Geneva to then fly to London.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@pdsguy, no - you are travelling “from a border region”.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gilly76 wrote:
GreenDay wrote:
Quick question, I hope.

The NHS version is fine

But it refreshes every time you the open the app so needs an active wifi or mobile connection. Far easier to either use the TAC app or have a screen capture of the QR code or even as some do print and laminate the QR code.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jet2 have just refunded my flights to Chambery on 15 January. Make of that what you will.
snow report
puplett wrote:
Jet2 have just refunded my flights to Chambery on 15 January. Make of that what you will.

On the flip side of that, I’ve just had an email from skiline saying they expect France to open up on the 15th and are offering bookings to fly out Saturday….
ski holidays
Timc wrote:
Gilly76 wrote:
GreenDay wrote:
Quick question, I hope.

The NHS version is fine

But it refreshes every time you the open the app so needs an active wifi or mobile connection. Far easier to either use the TAC app or have a screen capture of the QR code or even as some do print and laminate the QR code.

Or even easier (if you have an iPhone) put the NHS one in your Apple Wallet so no need to refresh the NHS app or unlock your phone to access TAC. Or even even easier if you have one, have it on your Apple Watch so you don’t even need to get your phone out.
snow report
andy from embsay wrote:
Timc wrote:
Gilly76 wrote:
GreenDay wrote:
Quick question, I hope.

The NHS version is fine

Or even easier (if you have an iPhone) put the NHS one in your Apple Wallet so no need to refresh the NHS app or unlock your phone to access TAC. Or even even easier if you have one, have it on your Apple Watch so you don’t even need to get your phone out.

even easier... take a screenshot of QR code & set it as your wallpaper. No need to fiddle around opening wallet app.
snow conditions
Mr.Egg wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:
Timc wrote:
Gilly76 wrote:
GreenDay wrote:
Quick question, I hope.

The NHS version is fine

even easier... take a screenshot of QR code & set it as your wallpaper. No need to fiddle around opening wallet app.

Probably the winner (although I would have to do a controlled test of the faffage of getting my watch out and getting my phone out - there’s probably only nanoseconds in it).
ski holidays
Mr.Egg wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:
Timc wrote:
Gilly76 wrote:
GreenDay wrote:
Quick question, I hope.

The NHS version is fine

I took a printed copy in my pocket. No worries about devices failing in the cold Smile
latest report
andy from embsay wrote:
Timc wrote:
Gilly76 wrote:
GreenDay wrote:
Quick question, I hope.

The NHS version is fine

And if you have an android phone save it too your Google pay wallet. Opens every time without needing WiFi or a phone connection
snow report
Saw some folk at Christmas with laminated versions stuck to their crash helmets. Zero faffage.
snow report
So... is it just the one QR code we need - the one that says booster vaccination 3/3 on the NHS app
snow conditions
Julief wrote:
So... is it just the one QR code we need - the one that says booster vaccination 3/3 on the NHS app

Yup
ski holidays
Didn't someone attach a laminated QR code to their helmet? I suppose a lanyard could work as well but I imagine they'll want an electronic proof?
ski holidays
@andy from embsay, @pdsguy,
I think the full version of the rules is here (albeit in translation): https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#-924144951 IMO the relevant exemption from the test requirement is for people transiting Switzerland without a stopover (the border region is more limited and not intended for tourists from overseas from my reading). The travelcheck is also helpful.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 10-01-22 16:00; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Gilly76 wrote:
Julief wrote:

Yup

Perfect Very Happy
snow report
Guilty guilty guilty for taking thread off topic, just trying to get head around it all, in case restrictions lift.... sorry folks!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Skimum1 wrote:
@andy from embsay, @pdsguy,
I think the full version of the rules is here (albeit in translation): https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#-924144951 IMO the relevant exemption from the test requirement is for people transiting Switzerland without a stopover (the border region is more limited and not intended for tourists from overseas from my reading). The travelcheck is also helpful.

That’s what I was thinking - it doesn’t seem like it was written to include transit to French ski resorts.
latest report
@pdsguy, that rule has been in place since before xmas and thousands of people crossed from France to Geneva in transit and I have never heard of anyone being asked for a test - including minibuses that are obviously full of tourists going home. I’m certainly not going to be taking any extra tests to drive across the border in a hire car.
ski holidays
@andy from embsay, whatever the rule it’s great to know that practically there is no issue - thanks so much
ski holidays
Fridge03 wrote:
puplett wrote:

On the flip side of that, I’ve just had an email from skiline saying they expect France to open up on the 15th and are offering bookings to fly out Saturday….

Jet2 website still offering flights to buy to Chambery and Lyon for 15th Jan.

Make of that what you will too !!!

very confusing
ski holidays
Interesting quote from https://rivieraradio.mc/news/lunchtime-news-monday-10th-january-2022 today
Quote:
People arriving from the UK and fully vaccinated will still have to quarantine in France - Vaccinated people from the UK who must give an essential reason to come to France, will still have to observe a 10 day isolation period which may be shortened if a covid test is taken at least 48 hours after arrival and is negative. They must register for a prefecture decree before coming to France, which refers to fines of up to €1,300 for failing to comply.

However the rules for the UK may be set to change soon. Government spokesman Gabriel Attal said last Wednesday that ministers would this week consider lifting border restrictions with the UK.
snow report
Timmycb5 wrote:
@snowheeeed, We'll know more in 51/52 hours. I suspect no quarantine will be needed for anyone.

The above you've posted is for travel to France and travel to France only. Not for any restriction under the vaccine pass which is coming into force on Friday. It sounds like they'll be fine for travel with no quarantine, however they are unlikely to be able access ski lifts, cafes, pools, etc.

I think to qualify for the pass vaccine for them, it's either 2 jabs or 1 jab plus recovery. I can't remember if just recovery is enough, but you should check it out asap. If just recovery is OK, I'd suggest you contact your GP to get a letter/certificate of recover for them, or fork out at a private doctors for one (will cost you £150 a pop) and I'd then contact the pharmicie where you are staying and see if they will issue an equivalence certificate (they're not supposed to for UK citizens, but they might sympathise).

So from my experience at Les Arc during xmas, the pharmacist at 1600 refused to issue my 15 yr old (single jab but covid recovered), with a PS despite the lovely English tourist office lady at 1600 politely asking. However the tourist lady then advised me to ask the pharmacist in 1800 and so i did - and for the sum of 36 eur, a GP printout note showing her single jab, a copy of the standard NHS email reporting a past positive covid, he happily issued a PS so 15 yr could freely ski!

Not sure how this will change with this new pass but my advice is to phone the tourist office of your resort and clarify which pharmacy is willing to issue your 12-15yr single jabbed, covid recovery and get the documents i mention above. Good luck

by the way i can confirm we were asked to produce the PS about once a day - usually at a starting lift often in the morning or a critical lift out of one resort going back to home resort.
snow report
Just had a PCR test done ..so open to abuse that's its laughable.. no ID check, no supervision, ..pointless, IMO.. trouble is I going to Canada and they do a PCR when I land
snow conditions
lazyskier wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:
@snowheeeed, We'll know more in 51/52 hours. I suspect no quarantine will be needed for anyone.

The above you've posted is for travel to France and travel to France only. Not for any restriction under the vaccine pass which is coming into force on Friday. It sounds like they'll be fine for travel with no quarantine, however they are unlikely to be able access ski lifts, cafes, pools, etc.

I think to qualify for the pass vaccine for them, it's either 2 jabs or 1 jab plus recovery. I can't remember if just recovery is enough, but you should check it out asap. If just recovery is OK, I'd suggest you contact your GP to get a letter/certificate of recover for them, or fork out at a private doctors for one (will cost you £150 a pop) and I'd then contact the pharmicie where you are staying and see if they will issue an equivalence certificate (they're not supposed to for UK citizens, but they might sympathise).

So from my experience at Les Arc during xmas, the pharmacist at 1600 refused to issue my 15 yr old (single jab but covid recovered), with a PS despite the lovely English tourist office lady at 1600 politely asking. However the tourist lady then advised me to ask the pharmacist in 1800 and so i did - and for the sum of 36 eur, a GP printout note showing her single jab, a copy of the standard NHS email reporting a past positive covid, he happily issued a PS so 15 yr could freely ski!

Not sure how this will change with this new pass but my advice is to phone the tourist office of your resort and clarify which pharmacy is willing to issue your 12-15yr single jabbed, covid recovery and get the documents i mention above. Good luck

by the way i can confirm we were asked to produce the PS about once a day - usually at a starting lift often in the morning or a critical lift out of one resort going back to home resort.

I'm keeping everything crossed that my son doesn't catch covid in the next 16 days and can have his second jab in time!

Interesting to know about the PS. I think I'll print a version out for everyone too.
snow conditions
Timc wrote:
Interesting quote from https://rivieraradio.mc/news/lunchtime-news-monday-10th-january-2022 today
Quote:
People arriving from the UK and fully vaccinated will still have to quarantine in France - Vaccinated people from the UK who must give an essential reason to come to France, will still have to observe a 10 day isolation period which may be shortened if a covid test is taken at least 48 hours after arrival and is negative. They must register for a prefecture decree before coming to France, which refers to fines of up to €1,300 for failing to comply.

However the rules for the UK may be set to change soon. Government spokesman Gabriel Attal said last Wednesday that ministers would this week consider lifting border restrictions with the UK.

That’s just reporting last week’s press conference five days late, isn’t it?
ski holidays
Yeah they're just the current rues, that's pointless to us.

@yorkshirelad - interesting, tell us more!
snow report
andy from embsay wrote:
Timc wrote:
Quote:

That’s just reporting last week’s press conference five days late, isn’t it?

Quite possibly, Riviera Radio aren't known for their cutting edge reporting Laughing
snow conditions
Timmycb5 wrote:
I'm keeping everything crossed that my son doesn't catch covid in the next 16 days and can have his second jab in time!.

With all the problems reported on other threads involving getting confirmation of infection for u16's on their health records, I'd be inclined to still get him the vaccine unless he has obvious symptoms at the time. That way it is official.

There is always a possibility that he has got it and be asymptomatic anyway.
There is no pre vaccine test, so no way of knowing/checking anybody's current status before they get it.

I've not heard of any adverse effects, and tbh, with the shear number of cases at the moment, there must have been thousands of asymptomatic people getting either the second jab, or the booster whilst infected.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy