Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
musehead wrote:
I would NOT recommend Chronomics. The PDF certificate does not specifically say "antigen" on it and I was almost denied boarding by BA at Heathrow because of this (luckily I was able to bring up the online version of the certificate on my phone which did mention antigen). 20 minutes of stress at the check-in desk with a long call to a supervisor!

The Prenetics (project screen) test does say antigen on the certificate and is £17. I used this a few days ago and the certificate came through within minutes.

Actually the Chronomics certificate does state antigen, just not blatantly obviously, you have to read the paragraphs. I do agree that it should be clearer though.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have an 08:40 flight out but want to leave it as late a sensibly possible in case the flight is delayed. Currently thinking 14:00 the day before but would like to leave it later. (Got Randox but happy to go elsewhere if needed Cool )

.... I'd assume as randox work Via an app it's 24/7...but obvs may need to speak to them if have issues. I'm gonna think about that too, allowing for journey delays.

Although I'd like to think that with 2 jabs and a November booster monsieur Macron will let us in without the faff tbh

Roll on Wednesday! Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
musehead wrote:
I would NOT recommend Chronomics. The PDF certificate does not specifically say "antigen" on it and I was almost denied boarding by BA at Heathrow because of this (luckily I was able to bring up the online version of the certificate on my phone which did mention antigen). 20 minutes of stress at the check-in desk with a long call to a supervisor!

The Prenetics (project screen) test does say antigen on the certificate and is £17. I used this a few days ago and the certificate came through within minutes.

Bit daft as they are one of BA’s recommended providers. I would also not recommend chronomics though, as unlike pretty much everyone else, if you have left over antigens (eg pre-return to U.K. tests) they won’t repurpose them as day 2 or pre departure tests like everyone else will

Apologies for the diversion
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Like wise: thread drift, apologies! but Excalibur were brilliant for us and readily contactable by phone and email.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So question for the knowledgeable, do we think they will have a test requirement pre entry if they do allow us in & if so what’s your guess on PCR or LFT
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jonny996 wrote:
So question for the knowledgeable, do we think they will have a test requirement pre entry if they do allow us in & if so what’s your guess on PCR or LFT

My guess 48hr antigen (LFT) like the other orange list countries
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DJL wrote:
Jonny996 wrote:

My guess 48hr antigen (LFT) like the other orange list countries

My guess 24h either LFT or PCR like current business travellers.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Tris, Hadn’t read reviews. Have contacted them to ask about repurposing but will also start chargeback process as did also request a refund when not able to travel.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JDL65 wrote:
musehead wrote:

Actually the Chronomics certificate does state antigen, just not blatantly obviously, you have to read the paragraphs. I do agree that it should be clearer though.

Maybe it changed since I did my test (mid Dec) but it didn't say "antigen test" anywhere on the PDF version of the certificate, although it mentions antigens in the small print.

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:
The chalet company we're using for our 23rd Jan trip have sent us this today. Fair enough I think....

Quote:
We have spoken to many of you concerning your holiday on 23 January and the current closure of France to UK tourists because of Covid restrictions, but we just thought that we would drop you a line to explain our current thinking and the options available.

It is hard to know exactly when the border closure might be reversed for tourism but the French government declared on Wednesday (5 January) that that the definitions around essential travel will be relaxed imminently and the government spokesman identified “next week” as a likely timeframe for loosening UK restrictions further, presumably to include tourism, because “the Omicron variant is affecting both UK & France in a similar manner.” South Africa was one of a number of countries removed from the French “essential travel only” list yesterday for the same reason.

The general feeling therefore is that you will be able to travel on 23 January, and of course this is now much easier further to the relaxation of UK rules meaning that you will not have to test in resort before you return to the UK, and you no longer need to isolate pending a negative PCR once you are home.

We will be in touch again next Friday (14 January) and if at that stage there is no clear guidance that the border will be open in time for your holiday then our Covid Guarantee for your departure date will be triggered and this will give you a few options, albeit you don’t have to confirm what you want to do until a couple of days before your date of travel.

So that you can ponder your own personal options well in advance, we wanted to spell out the alternatives so you can discuss this with family and friends. In summary, if the guarantee is triggered next Friday then you will be able to choose one of the following:

1 - Hang tight for a while and do nothing, it is possible that departures on 23 January might still be possible.

2 - Move your booking to later in the season, this helps us enormously and if you have the flexibility and are kind enough to do so, then we would offer you a 15% discount on the new holiday price. After applying this discount, we would of course refund any difference to you should the new booking be cheaper.

3 - Move your booking to next year, you don’t have to decide the date now, but again this really helps us and so if you are kind enough to do this then we will not only guarantee this year’s prices (prices will be going up substantially to help pay for Macron’s unkindness !) but we will also give you a credit of 10% of your holiday price (not including extras) which you can use against whatever you want next year (ski passes, ski hire etc … )

4 - If none of above works for you then you can of course ask for a refund, that was our promise. It will take up to 28 days to process, longer than we would have liked, sorry, this latest upheaval has left us a little compromised on the admin front, but you can have your money back if you wish.

So, have a ponder and discuss with the others in your group. We will be in touch in a week’s time. As we say, you don’t need to tell us until a few days before you should be travelling. As soon as the border opens, we will light the fires, pop the champagne, and warm the canapes, hope to see you then.

Which company is this, may I ask? I commend their approach and think we should promote them. I'd certainly be interested in booking with them if they have any availability.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So if we hear about rule changes on Wednesday and they change say from the 15th. We will need either a PCR or Atigen test. Trying to decide if I order now at 2 x £20 antigen, as waiting to Wednesday to order is a bit tight - risking not being able to use them if rules don’t change. Or wait and do a walk in 2 x £45?
Can we use the 2 x £20 antigen as day 2 back in the UK? Or are they different tests for ‘fit to fly’ and day 2 release?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
https://covid.randox.com/pre-departure/#

These guys have relatively cheap click n collect so if Im picking up locally on weds to do pre departure if its needed... Quite a lot of UK locations... Mine is a local garage

No requirement any longer for back to UK tests
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
musehead wrote:

Were you denied travel due to having a Chronomics test ?

What airline and route were you travelling ?
This information would be useful to the Snowheads community.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ryunis wrote:
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:
The chalet company we're using for our 23rd Jan trip have sent us this today. Fair enough I think....

Quote:
We have spoken to many of you concerning your holiday on 23 January and the current closure of France to UK tourists because of Covid restrictions, but we just thought that we would drop you a line to explain our current thinking and the options available.

It is hard to know exactly when the border closure might be reversed for tourism but the French government declared on Wednesday (5 January) that that the definitions around essential travel will be relaxed imminently and the government spokesman identified “next week” as a likely timeframe for loosening UK restrictions further, presumably to include tourism, because “the Omicron variant is affecting both UK & France in a similar manner.” South Africa was one of a number of countries removed from the French “essential travel only” list yesterday for the same reason.

The general feeling therefore is that you will be able to travel on 23 January, and of course this is now much easier further to the relaxation of UK rules meaning that you will not have to test in resort before you return to the UK, and you no longer need to isolate pending a negative PCR once you are home.

We will be in touch again next Friday (14 January) and if at that stage there is no clear guidance that the border will be open in time for your holiday then our Covid Guarantee for your departure date will be triggered and this will give you a few options, albeit you don’t have to confirm what you want to do until a couple of days before your date of travel.

So that you can ponder your own personal options well in advance, we wanted to spell out the alternatives so you can discuss this with family and friends. In summary, if the guarantee is triggered next Friday then you will be able to choose one of the following:

1 - Hang tight for a while and do nothing, it is possible that departures on 23 January might still be possible.

2 - Move your booking to later in the season, this helps us enormously and if you have the flexibility and are kind enough to do so, then we would offer you a 15% discount on the new holiday price. After applying this discount, we would of course refund any difference to you should the new booking be cheaper.

3 - Move your booking to next year, you don’t have to decide the date now, but again this really helps us and so if you are kind enough to do this then we will not only guarantee this year’s prices (prices will be going up substantially to help pay for Macron’s unkindness !) but we will also give you a credit of 10% of your holiday price (not including extras) which you can use against whatever you want next year (ski passes, ski hire etc … )

4 - If none of above works for you then you can of course ask for a refund, that was our promise. It will take up to 28 days to process, longer than we would have liked, sorry, this latest upheaval has left us a little compromised on the admin front, but you can have your money back if you wish.

So, have a ponder and discuss with the others in your group. We will be in touch in a week’s time. As we say, you don’t need to tell us until a few days before you should be travelling. As soon as the border opens, we will light the fires, pop the champagne, and warm the canapes, hope to see you then.

Which company is this, may I ask? I commend their approach and think we should promote them. I'd certainly be interested in booking with them if they have any availability.

VIP Ski
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lucywuk wrote:
So if we hear about rule changes on Wednesday and they change say from the 15th. We will need either a PCR or Atigen test. Trying to decide if I order now at 2 x £20 antigen, as waiting to Wednesday to order is a bit tight - risking not being able to use them if rules don’t change. Or wait and do a walk in 2 x £45?
Can we use the 2 x £20 antigen as day 2 back in the UK? Or are they different tests for ‘fit to fly’ and day 2 release?

Some companies will let you repurpose a test and others won't. There are other posts and other threads you can read on this topic though! C19 is a good one where you can do that instantly. I'd be surprised if France goes for PCR only though.
latest report
Julief wrote:
https://covid.randox.com/pre-departure/#

These guys have relatively cheap click n collect so if Im picking up locally on weds to do pre departure if its needed... Quite a lot of UK locations... Mine is a local garage

No requirement any longer for back to UK tests

Strangely nothing local. Nearest would be en route to the eurotunnel which also feels like cutting it fine. Will order postal one when when we get home. But think we may spend the bit more to do it Friday lunchtime locally - results in 15 mins. As worst case if it’s positive can still cancel eurotunnel and will ask apartment what they would do!! I mean I just have to avoid covid for a week. However I have to be in the office next week Monday- Wednesday
snow report
Lucywuk wrote:

If you buy "Lateral flow pre-departure test & travel certificate" from C19testing at £22 they can be "repurposed as a Day 2 Lateral Flow test" on this link https://www.c19testing.co.uk/generateplfref/ .

I've done it a couple of times. Other snowheads have as well, mentioned a couple of pages back in this thread.

If the rules change again and you don't use it as a day 2 it can still be used as a pre-departure test under the original reference.

If there are good guys in that industry then C19 seem to one of them. Lots of good reports on them in SH's
snow conditions
Skimum1 wrote:
Lucywuk wrote:

Some companies will let you repurpose a test and others won't. There are other posts and other threads you can read on this topic though! C19 is a good one where you can do that instantly. I'd be surprised if France goes for PCR only though.

Total star thanks C19 looks good as you can repurpose the tests. So basically if I get 2 for uk entry day 2 now (which I’ll need no matter what) I can use then to enter france instead.
And they have next day delivery so I can order on Wednesday when it’s all systems go go go. Or not Eh oh!
snow conditions
brovert wrote:
@Tris, Hadn’t read reviews. Have contacted them to ask about repurposing but will also start chargeback process as did also request a refund when not able to travel.

@brovert I hope you manage to get your money back from Chronomics. Such a terrible company.
ski holidays
@Lucywuk, I ordered 4x C19 LFTs on Friday afternoon. Delivered by DPD yesterday afternoon so within 24hrs. I’ve used them for return to U.K. last summer and results were back within 12 hours.
ski holidays
Tris wrote:
brovert wrote:

@brovert I hope you manage to get your money back from Chronomics. Such a terrible company.

I have had two refunds from Chronomics with no problems at all, the latest the refund for Day 2 PCRs was refunded within 10 mins of applying for refund via My Chronomics dashboard.I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
Tris wrote:
brovert wrote:

I have had two refunds from Chronomics with no problems at all, the latest the refund for Day 2 PCRs was refunded within 10 mins of applying for refund via My Chronomics dashboard.I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

I'm glad you were lucky, I had 2 tests which were able to be cancelled and refunded through the dashboard. However the other 4 are in a state of limbo and still say 'In Transit' and cannot be cancelled through the dashboard.

If you email Chronomics and actually get a response they just tell you to use the dashboard which I cannot.

I'm not alone:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/chronomics.co.uk

I would definitely not recommend them based on my experience and the reviews above.
snow report
Timc wrote:
Lucywuk wrote:

If you buy "Lateral flow pre-departure test & travel certificate" from C19testing at £22 they can be "repurposed as a Day 2 Lateral Flow test" on this link https://www.c19testing.co.uk/generateplfref/ .

I've done it a couple of times. Other snowheads have as well, mentioned a couple of pages back in this thread.

If the rules change again and you don't use it as a day 2 it can still be used as a pre-departure test under the original reference.

If there are good guys in that industry then C19 seem to one of them. Lots of good reports on them in SH's

If there is a concern its that the results are verified within 12 hours. On a 24 hour pre-departure that starts to cut fine. We have flights to Geneva at 5pm. To check in I would need results back at 3pm at least. which means I would need to do a test some time around midnight to give me enough scope for a delayed flight and arrival and be confident of getting the test result back in time.
latest report
Don't know weather this had been covered. Hoping to fly out to Tignes via Geneva 22th then return 29th via Geneva back to London. Do u need to test going back thru airport. . Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
Presuming that restrictions will be relaxed soon, am I right in thinking that there is unlikely to be a requirement to test in order to re-enter Switzerland (Geneva) for the purposes of transit and onward travel to the UK.

The travel check seems to confirm this but wanted to be certain...

https://travelcheck.admin.ch/check
ski holidays
FrediKanoute wrote:

If there is a concern its that the results are verified within 12 hours. On a 24 hour pre-departure that starts to cut fine. We have flights to Geneva at 5pm. To check in I would need results back at 3pm at least. which means I would need to do a test some time around midnight to give me enough scope for a delayed flight and arrival and be confident of getting the test result back in time.

Always a risk, all I can say is that my last 3 LFTs with C19 have all been back within 3 hours
snow report
Timc wrote:
FrediKanoute wrote:

Always a risk, all I can say is that my last 3 LFTs with C19 have all been back within 3 hours

C19 always very fast - think we received our certificate in about an hour last Saturday and probably best to submit just before going to bed. I did see text on CH regulations that you can also do a test on arrival if required. Ie. If flight is delayed.
snow report
Please, can we start another thread for this LFT testing chat and keep on topic!?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ozboy wrote:

C19 always very fast - think we received our certificate in about an hour last Saturday and probably best to submit just before going to bed. I did see text on CH regulations that you can also do a test on arrival if required. Ie. If flight is delayed.

OK, that makes sense. Will do it around midnight and that way I should have the result by morning and have 4 or 5 hours grace if the flight is late.

I just want to say a big thanks to everyone sharing their experiences and answering multiple questions. Its a big help!
latest report
CallumDA wrote:
Please, can we start another thread for this LFT testing chat and keep on topic!?

+1 As test recommendations are interesting to people travelling to various destinations, it doesn't make sense for the discussion to be in this thread (and also makes this thread even more difficult to follow than it already is).

This thread is already running, so maybe this would be a good place to continue the discussion about pre departure tests:
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4899765&highlight=#4899765
ski holidays
It would make sense to lock this thread until the next French announcement is actually made!
latest report
boredsurfin wrote:
It would make sense to lock this thread until the next French announcement is actually made!

What?! You want hard facts rather than uninformed speculation? What is Snowheads coming to? wink
latest report
@DJL, snowHead Laughing Laughing Spot on
latest report
I have to say I’m finding the various posts about tour ops NOT cancelling flights/trips next weekend hugely encouraging (even if they’re just taking a punt) so please carry on!
ski holidays
OH due to fly out to GVA for PDS next Thursday evening. Return flight was cancelled by BA a while ago which is now rearranged and we have c19 tests waiting to be used. She is ready to go at a moments notice if they get green light to travel to France.
snow report
muppet wrote:
musehead wrote:

Were you denied travel due to having a Chronomics test ?

What airline and route were you travelling ?
This information would be useful to the Snowheads community.

British Airways LHR - GVA

No, I wasn't denied travel in the end. I managed to persuade them to let me check in by showing the electronic version of the certificate on my phone, which specified that it's an antigen test. The BA agent was in the wrong here, but for simplicity I won't be using a Chronomics LFT again for future travel. If I hadn't been early I may have missed the flight!
snow report
Ozboy wrote:
OH due to fly out to GVA for PDS next Thursday evening. Return flight was cancelled by BA a while ago which is now rearranged and we have c19 tests waiting to be used. She is ready to go at a moments notice if they get green light to travel to France.

We’re booked Friday evening. Working on the assumption they’ll announce Weds and implement straight away (as it’s a relaxation not a tightening) but if not it’ll be midnight on Saturday so we can sit in Geneva for an hour if we have to.
snow conditions
Should I stay or should I go now ....
Have the offer of a Meribel trip next Saturday ...
Waiting to see if there is a decision to be made ... before I start worrying about the decision Confused
ski holidays
Quote:

Agreed.
Quote:

Should I stay or should I go now ....

Thread for those in search of crystal balls here https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=157963#4900547
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:

Actually it has been quite useful to hear that the rather oblique words about further relaxations next week have led to practical planning for re-opening by a number of different operators, as well as resorts themselves. I don't know whether they have been given reassurances not in the public domain, but they all point in the same optimistic direction.

And while we won't plan anything firm until Wednesday's update, we are not changing our tunnel booking which my wife rather randomly moved back three weeks from our original intended Boxing Day trip.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy