Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
@andy from embsay, hmmm, from French perspective, "full" vaccinations, iirc led the uk after the initial rollout because we (sensibly, and now provably correctly) counted infection recovery as an initial exposure.

OWiD don't count this way, which is arguable, but defendable. But to say that French vaccination lagged, is I think, definitely questionable.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
franga wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:
franga wrote:
Positive news re Crystal, fingers crossed for everyone who is due to holiday with them and everyone else with upcoming bookings to France ... it will be really interesting to see what the French decide to do with unvaccinated >12Y olds (if this will be their cut-off), this point will be critical for the February HT and Easter holiday crowd ...

I think 12-16s can still do daily tests as per the vax pass debate.
If so then that that will force many families with unvaccinated teens to switch to Switzerland … daily tests in a ski resort are a pain in the backside. Nevermind, the risk of testing +ve element.

That’s only as it was isn’t it? The plan was for all over 12s to have to be fully vaxxed as it is for over 16s?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As I posted on the teenagers thread I’m not sure that a private skiing holiday as a tourist qualifies for the passe sanitaire rather than passe vaccinal. The assembly did discuss sporting activities and “loisirs” but I had the impression it was more so teenagers whose parents have not consented to vaccinating them are not excluded from school trips and extra curriculars. I understood PV would still apply to private trips and in restaurants etc. interested if anyone has read anything more up to date or different as my French is not perfect!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 6-01-22 22:15; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
franga wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:
franga wrote:
Positive news re Crystal, fingers crossed for everyone who is due to holiday with them and everyone else with upcoming bookings to France ... it will be really interesting to see what the French decide to do with unvaccinated >12Y olds (if this will be their cut-off), this point will be critical for the February HT and Easter holiday crowd ...

If so then that that will force many families with unvaccinated teens to switch to Switzerland … daily tests in a ski resort are a pain in the backside. Nevermind, the risk of testing +ve element.

Never mind the holiday location, should we not be asking why they are not getting their teens vaccinated
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
409k for latest cases? Means that the restrictions are nonsense
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Perhaps they caught covid and the NHS wouldn’t vaccinate them? My daughter’s first jab was delayed as she caught delta in October. Luckily was able to catch up the missed jab in Nov under the rules as applied then. If she catches omicron now she won’t be vaccinated before we go to France at end of March (if I report the positive that is… Twisted Evil )
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So - to travel - if you have a property you are establishing to rent out - would this suffice for reasons to travel? Also - are you questioned at the Eurostar border control about what you are doing with the property? Has anyone travelled to France with this type of 'exceptional economic reasons' certificate?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The_Gate wrote:
. I don't think anyone on here disagrees that the reasons are nonsense...let's hope they are lifted entirely next week.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonny996 wrote:
franga wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:
franga wrote:

Never mind the holiday location, should we not be asking why they are not getting their teens vaccinated
I’m sure there are mitigating factors etc … how many 12-16Y old British kids have had more than 1 jab? Particularly given that a fair chunk of them got CV between September and October.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The_Gate wrote:

I can only see 261k new cases today . From where is 409k sourced?

https://www.sortiraparis.com/actualites/coronavirus/articles/216011-coronavirus-en-france-ce-jeudi-6-janvier-2022-204-morts-du-covid-et-261-481-nouveaux-cas
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name wrote:
@andy from embsay, hmmm, from French perspective, "full" vaccinations, iirc led the uk after the initial rollout because we (sensibly, and now provably correctly) counted infection recovery as an initial exposure.

OWiD don't count this way, which is arguable, but defendable. But to say that French vaccination lagged, is I think, definitely questionable.

I can’t remember exact timings but French vax programme was definitely later to get to v high %s of fully vaxxed (even if you include recovery), partly due to concerns about AZ - If you take 50m first doses as a point, UK was at that level in May (from UK gov dashboard), France was 3 or 4 months later (from Vaccin Tracker) - hence waning has happened later (and in combo with restrictions) gave a smaller delta wave whilst England (especially) had v high infections in the autumn but arguably got over its delta wave sooner.

The big difference is in booster %. UK has 60% of >12s boosted, France is at 40%.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowqueen50 wrote:
The_Gate wrote:
. I don't think anyone on here disagrees that the reasons are nonsense...let's hope they are lifted entirely next week.
I do - are these Omicron or Delta? Until numbers used by the French health authorities when comparing with the UK in France's favor then no point in arguing,.or pulling out our own figures. So... what do they say they are comparing?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
From the TAC app
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Skimum1, you may well be right - I just saw they’d voted to exempt 12-16s from the full vaccin pass.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowqueen50 wrote:
So - to travel - if you have a property you are establishing to rent out - would this suffice for reasons to travel? Also - are you questioned at the Eurostar border control about what you are doing with the property? Has anyone travelled to France with this type of 'exceptional economic reasons' certificate?

I don’t think we know. I have seen that your employer would need to give you a letter which would be difficult in those circumstances!

Nobody will have travelled for that particular reason yet, as that particular reason was only added today I think?

But we may well only have five or six days to wait - if you did go at the weekend and it was ok to enter France you’d still have to isolate for 48hrs and get a test done at a pharmacy - I’d be tempted to wait til next week when it might open up a lot more!
snow conditions
andy from embsay wrote:
I can’t remember exact timings but French vax programme was definitely later to get to v high %s of fully vaxxed (even if you include recovery), partly due to concerns about AZ
It was due to unavailability of promised (and paid for) AZ doses - much to the ire of Italian, German, French etc. authorities. So as soon as an alternative offer came in, a few weeks later, they had to play catch up while at the same time leveraging safety concerns about AZ to stop local usage.

Fast forward to today, and AZ is inexistent in France. All previously stocked doses were either destroyed (what a waste) or given away to poorer countries as part of a much touted (yet insufficient) help program.
ski holidays
patrick! wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:
I can’t remember exact timings but French vax programme was definitely later to get to v high %s of fully vaxxed (even if you include recovery), partly due to concerns about AZ
It was due to unavailability of promised (and paid for) AZ doses - much to the ire of Italian, German, French etc. authorities. So as soon as an alternative offer came in, a few weeks later, they had to play catch up while at the same time leveraging safety concerns about AZ to stop local usage.

Fast forward to today, and AZ is inexistent in France. All previously stocked doses were either destroyed (what a waste) or given away to poorer countries as part of a much touted (yet insufficient) help program.

Let's not get started on this again - too much danger of the thread spiralling off topic. Lots of space in apres if that debate wants to be repeated..
snow report
@patrick!, You also need to include when AZ was authorised for use in the EU, those promises were best effort, not promises and a President who spread 'less than complimentary' information about AZ.
snow report
Handy Turnip wrote:
patrick! wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:

Let's not get started on this again - too much danger of the thread spiralling off topic. Lots of space in apres if that debate wants to be repeated..

Good point. Fingers on lips.
snow conditions
andy from embsay wrote:

Good point. Fingers on lips.

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Sorry sorry, I tend to reply and refute irrespective of the thread context! Smile

Overall, and I understand it's a pain for people trying to organise their long deserved break, and for their (often British) hosts in France, it seems the best thing is to wait if you can (else, unfortunately just replan). No point in discussing the how's and why's of health authorities's decisions as it's apparent we don't have the full info (or it's tainted by our beliefs/source of info).
snow conditions
Ozboy wrote:
The_Gate wrote:

I can only see 261k new cases today . From where is 409k sourced?

https://www.sortiraparis.com/actualites/coronavirus/articles/216011-coronavirus-en-france-ce-jeudi-6-janvier-2022-204-morts-du-covid-et-261-481-nouveaux-cas

261k new cases today on TAC........

New glasses needed......

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 6-01-22 23:06; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
409 new cases of D3 variant in France today
snow report
There are 2 figures published on TAC. 261k are today’s cases and 409k as far as I understand is a count back from 3 Jan and inflated as it’s a true-up of very low weekend figures. In any case it’s grim.

latest report
snowqueen50 wrote:

You should show some meetings and paperwork ; with the rental agent, co prop manager if it’s a flat etc, cleaning agency etc. And some detail showing you own the property, utility bill that sort of thing . I haven’t but I know it was very common in prior lockdowns. It obviously helps if it’s true !
ski holidays
So apologies to the_gate, just a little complicated, but the figures issued by the government always tie up with the D1 on TAC.........
snow conditions
mishmash wrote:
snowqueen50 wrote:

You should show some meetings and paperwork ; with the rental agent, co prop manager if it’s a flat etc, cleaning agency etc. And some detail showing you own the property, utility bill that sort of thing . I haven’t but I know it was very common in prior lockdowns. It obviously helps if it’s true !

Thank you - we can provide that… hopefully next week should relax the entry rules even more - if they don’t I’ll be arranging my meetings Smile
ski holidays
So is the next meeting to review restrictions on Wednesday?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hopefully, yes.
Should be combined with the weekly defence counsel meeting
snow conditions
Elsie80 wrote:
So is the next meeting to review restrictions on Wednesday?

Meeting is 0930, followed by a press confernce with Gabriel Attal, who tells us what they talked about. Then if it reflects this week the detail announced the day after.

However: they have also been pinging stuff out at random times (eg adding USA to red list over NY weekend, removing SA from scarlet list yesterday) so who knows if they might surprise us?
snow report
I’m just keeping it all crossed we can get to France on the 29th Jan.
latest report
France 24 reported 332k cases yesterday...the guardian says 335k....again who do you believe???
Which ever the uk is only at 179k...seems we have to double our figures to become comparable Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 7-01-22 11:18; edited 1 time in total
latest report
yorkshirelad wrote:
France 24 reported 332k cases yesterday...the guardian says 335k....again who do you believe???

That was reported yesterday for the day before (Wednesday).
ski holidays
yorkshirelad wrote:

The Guardian wrote:

1h ago
09:08

France's Omicron wave expected to peak in ten days
The Covid-19 wave engulfing France could reach its peak in about 10 days’ time, said Prof Alain Fischer, an official responsible for France’s Covid vaccine strategy.

“I think we are coming to the peak of this new wave,” Reuters report Fischer told LCI TV, adding that this peak could come “primarily towards the beginning of the second fortnight of January, so if we work it out this would be in around 10 days’ time”.

France reported 261,481 new coronavirus infections on Thursday, less than the record of more than 332,000 set on Wednesday, but the seven-day moving average of new cases rose above 200,000 for the first time since the start of the health crisis.

Not sure what the point of your post was but anyway...
ski holidays
My point was the figures were all reported differently.. 332 was for Wednesday..my bad...

Just read uk figures..they vary depending on who reports them, don't trust the figures they are using to make travel decisions..
Not too bothered as Wednesday I'm supposed to be in Canada hopefully... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
The balance of my February HT trip is due tomorrow of course I'll pay it if I don't we definitely wont be going just feels counterintuitive to hand over money for a country currently we cannot travel to Puzzled
snow conditions
Should we be starting a new thread called 'Actual information about the real regulations for travel to France' and rename this one 'Speculation in the absence of any actual changes to the current rules'?

I know, I'm as guilty as anyone of inducing thread drift. It's just that anyone looking for either feedback from actual journeys to France, or useful bulletins when the rules change isn't going to find it easily amid the discussion and speculation.
snow report
yorkshirelad wrote:
My point was the figures were all reported differently.. 332 was for Wednesday..my bad...

Just read uk figures..they vary depending on who reports them, don't trust the figures they are using to make travel decisions..
Not too bothered as Wednesday I'm supposed to be in Canada hopefully... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

the UK figures was based on confirmed PCR, ONS & Zoe was guesstimates based on people infected but not getting a PCR.

From now on, they are all going to be squiffy as quite a few countries have gone the line that no need for confirmation PCR if you get a positive LFT.
I guess its Governments plans to start getting on with life & living with the virus.
ski holidays
LaForet wrote:
Should we be starting a new thread called 'Actual information about the real regulations for travel to France' and rename this one 'Speculation in the absence of any actual changes to the current rules'?

I'd appreciate that.
ski holidays
+1 (but might get polluted anyway) Mad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy