Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
under a new name wrote:
@Mr.Egg, well, no-one's happy that there are fewer potential clients but no-one thinks it's discrimination.

they are happy as long as the bars & restaurants are full.
What happens next week when Christmas/New Years are over? Who is going to be drinking & eating in keeping those establishments ticking over until the February holidays?
Lots of brits will already have made alternative plans to other countries. France's loss will be Italy & Austria's gain.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
j b wrote:
patrick! wrote:
In any case everyone expects the sanitary ban on Brits to end soon - and that nice corner of PdS returning to normality.

That's the news I hope for - and don't often get - from this thread. Is there any basis for thet view though?
It's because the decision was entirely based on numbers, and these are getting quite similar within the EU and UK.

Politics only come into play because France doesn't want to close borders within the EU as it did two years ago (that's one of Macron's mantra). So the UK is treated like, say, South Africa, but Denmark and Belgium weren't, which wasn't logical. In no way was it singled out (for the nth time, Britain isn't on anybody's agenda in France or in the French presidency). It's also a matter of practicality, it's very difficult to fully close a border anyway - anyone living on the Continent, close to a border, knows that.

As you've seen Germany didn't apply preferential treatment to EU countries and banned Brits, Belgians and French the same way. But once again if you want to cross you just hop on a car and if you see a control on the road again you switch to another road.

Anyway now Germany has re-opened, proof that France will soon follow.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
raino wrote:
Driven over from Geneva this morning - no border control at all at 8am.

Saw less than 20 UK registered cars heading down the valley, ridiculous departing traffic, from Aime to Bourg basically stopped, 3-4 hours worth of traffic jam there.
I think the last time I thought there would be a chance of border control there was last century - i.e. before Schengen. Countries have moved on! Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
From today, unvaccinated visitors to France from USA have to self isolate for 10 days on arrival, yet triple vaccinated Brits are still banned from France..
Yes, that is right - unvaccinated visitors from USA are welcome, but we are not

Stop trying to tell us that this isn't political..

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Covid-19/Update-Covid-travel-rules-tighten-US-moves-to-France-s-red-list
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tele wrote:
From today, unvaccinated visitors to France from USA have to self isolate for 10 days on arrival, yet triple vaccinated Brits are still banned from France..
Yes, that is right - unvaccinated visitors from USA are welcome, but we are not

Stop trying to tell us that this isn't political..

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Covid-19/Update-Covid-travel-rules-tighten-US-moves-to-France-s-red-list

Of course it is .Macron hates the UK and is bitter that we left the EU club..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not so different from USA really?? :

"They will also need an essential reason to visit? Compelling reason??
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This just in from a daughter who did a number of seasons in Tignes.

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
saintnickle wrote:
Of course it is .Macron hates the UK and is bitter that we left the EU club..
Another baseless bash. Seems to me a very significant minority of Brits is also bitter, and (from my point of view) for good reason

But yes I'd say a handful of idiots, anglophobic French do hate the UK, but theylre actually happy it left the club. On the other hand, people like Macron actually miss the UK, and regret it's no longer part of said club, as it was a win-win situation.

Anyway we're not going to rewrite history, nor turn this topic into another B***** thread.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
it's time to end these stupid restrictions, it's endemic now. Stop being brainwashed and demand your liberties.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Weathercam wrote:

That's actually quite muted for Folie Douce Tignes (actually Val d'Isère methinks) Smile

I passed another one yesterday, and nobody was dancing on tables, although it could've been because everbody was too tired after NYE. Full green pass (3G?) check at the entrance though.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Weathercam wrote:

FYI: In those photos they were queuing for covid vaccines, the Folie Douce opened as a vaccination center all day that day
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sherman-maeir, yes suppose you're right that does look like an organised French queue Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@tele, it's certainly no easier for a US citizen to visit than a uk one ... compelling reason required ...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name wrote:
@tele, it's certainly no easier for a US citizen to visit than a uk one ... compelling reason required ...

I think he may have only read what he wanted the story to say......................
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
under a new name wrote:

I think his post is a bit odd, as the news story is discussing a tightening of the rules for visitors from the USA, as it's being moved from the amber to the red list. However, by my reading, things are still easier for a vaccinated US citizen, as they don't need a compelling reason to travel.
snow report
@GreenDay, haha possibly @sugarmoma666, yep, I think so too.
snow report
sherman-maeir wrote:
Weathercam wrote:

FYI: In those photos they were queuing for covid vaccines, the Folie Douce opened as a vaccination center all day that day

They were deffo up on the tables new years eve and the MC was giving revvingvthe crowd up
latest report
Well I've got till the 7th to cancel my apartment for a full refund for a week starting 22nd. I can't see the restrictions on the UK getting lifted before the 7th so I guess I'm cancelling. Gutted.
ski holidays
Minion1980 wrote:
Well I've got till the 7th to cancel my apartment for a full refund for a week starting 22nd. I can't see the restrictions on the UK getting lifted before the 7th so I guess I'm cancelling. Gutted.

Leave it until the last possible second, as the French gov are due to be doing an announcement later this week.
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
Minion1980 wrote:

Leave it until the last possible second, as the French gov are due to be doing an announcement later this week.
Isn’t the next announcement scheduled for the 15th?
ski holidays
Minion1980 wrote:

Keep an eye on TO’s & see if there is a sudden increase or pull of holidays for France.
Crystal had £300 apartment + flight to Belle Plange for the 22nd, but they have gone - no idea if it was pulled or sold.
Was very tempting though!
latest report
@Minion1980, the guys at the chalet we have booked the same week as you reckon there may be news on Wednesday 5th. I'm not feeling all that confident there'll actually be a decision then, but worth waiting until the 7th anyway. (I have to confirm or cancel then as well...)

@Mr.Egg, Looks like Crystal are still selling holidays in France on the 22nd. I'm not sure they know anything more than we do though.
snow conditions
I think there is a meeting on 5th and the restrictions run out on 15th if not extended or terminated early. Fingers crossed! Have also been told on the ground they are confident past 15th but as I was reminded last time I mentioned it, it is purely speculation!
ski holidays
PaulO78 wrote:
@Minion1980, the guys at the chalet we have booked the same week as you reckon there may be news on Wednesday 5th. I'm not feeling all that confident there'll actually be a decision then, but worth waiting until the 7th anyway. (I have to confirm or cancel then as well...)

@Mr.Egg, Looks like Crystal are still selling holidays in France on the 22nd. I'm not sure they know anything more than we do though.

They're cancelling on a rolling programme about 14 days before departure.
snow report
@sugarmoma666, makes sense. Fingers crossed we get some news soon.
snow report
@patrick!, of course macron misses us Eh oh! . He misses our net contribution, he misses our fishing waters ….. he has lobbied to wreck our financial services sector ,he has threatened to turn off the electricity we import from them . He assists illegal migration . He has eyes on our remaining oil reserves ……He hates us and the feeling is mutual .
snow report
@vipul, when you say “us” can you advise who you think you are speaking for?
latest report
@Jonny996, quite.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We have been annoying the French since 1000ad... there's even a book called "annoying the French for a thousand years" it's a fun read but it does highlight "their" feelings for us, mainly French government ..(my French friends are great btw) DeGaulle did not like us one bit, but heyho...its a good read..
snow conditions
We received a email from jet2 yesterday saying our flight to Grenoble is still operational on jan 15th but still very worried at the moment we only have the flights as had to cancel or pay for our accommodation and transfers im sure we can soon find accommodation and transfers again but we are 8 people just waiting for the French government deciding our fate /i normally would be buzzing about going in less than a fortnight but all I seem to do is keep looking at the internet to see if the travel rules change Eh oh!
snow report
vipul wrote:
@patrick!, of course macron misses us Eh oh! . He misses our net contribution, he misses our fishing waters ….. he has lobbied to wreck our financial services sector ,he has threatened to turn off the electricity we import from them . He assists illegal migration . He has eyes on our remaining oil reserves ……He hates us and the feeling is mutual .

Be sure, UK is not on any discussion in France since Brexit was done. Even during Brexit negotiations, UK was almost not in the news in France..... I am living in UK but looking at french news daily and I can't see a lot the difference of focus on both side of the channel. France is looking at EU, USA and sometimes China, UK is almost nowhere.
snow conditions
franga wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:
Minion1980 wrote:

I think changes (if there are any, fingers crossed) will come into effect on the 15th, but the announcement will be before hand
snow conditions
@vipul, please do not include me in your 'us' I've no interest in your xenophobic 'little Englander' view of the world!
latest report
@philipb, nor me.
snow conditions
wouldnt it be lovely if everyone stopped talking politics and focussed on the facts of the travel restrictions, as per the thread title, and general skiing info. you will never change the politics by venting in a forum so why bother, its just boring. wheras you could positively influence someones life by conveying useful and helpful information regarding travel.
ski holidays
And some of us have no interest in yours either philipb.
ski holidays
It doesn’t appear to have been widely reported in the British media, but I have read elsewhere that children aged 6 and over (it was previously 11) are now required to wear masks in public places and on public transport in France. Presumably, this will apply to gondolas etc.
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
franga wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:
Minion1980 wrote:

I think changes (if there are any, fingers crossed) will come into effect on the 15th, but the announcement will be before hand

I'm pessimistic about the whole thing tbh. They've already announced some new restrictions and they're tightening of the rules if anything (WFH mandatory, US travellers etc..) I can't see the situation getting better in the next couple of weeks so why would they relax the current rules.
ski holidays
@backhojo, agreed.
I had hoped this thread might at least be kept as the go to thread re latest developments on travel, rather than the usual descent into posturing and disagreements.. rolling eyes
snow report
@Minion1980, I expect more internal restrictions in France, but can’t see any logical reason for keeping the U.K. red listed.

I may be wrong, and/or they may chose illogical reasons to keep U.K. red listed. Either way, it’s worth waiting to see what happens after the 5th.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy