Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
hobbiteater wrote:
except if your travelling on boxing day

I’d be staggered if airport testing centres aren’t open on any day flights are running.

Not sure where you’re flying from but you can certainly get a walk in test at Gatwick on boxing day
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
According to Connexion: "The type of test – PCR or antigen – has not been specified nor when the rule will be enforced."
Confusion continues . . . rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Seems as though further clarification regarding type of test will come soon according to The Connexion. Not much help I know.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/BREAKING-Negative-Covid-test-for-vaccinated-non-EU-arrivals-to-France
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim wrote:
According to Connexion: "The type of test – PCR or antigen – has not been specified nor when the rule will be enforced."
Confusion continues . . . rolling eyes

Yet according to the Local it was specified!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andy from embsay wrote:
hobbiteater wrote:
except if your travelling on boxing day

I’d be staggered if airport testing centres aren’t open on any day flights are running.

Not sure where you’re flying from but you can certainly get a walk in test at Gatwick on boxing day

I think the only hurdle will be really early morning flights - we're flying from Manchester at 6am, so before any of the onsite test sites open. Just means we have to spend a night before in the Premier Inn #luxury Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
So is this another Brexit bonus, non EU
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonny996 wrote:
So is this another Brexit bonus, non EU

Whatever could you mean. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, that seems to be as clear as mud
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am not surprised they have brought (are bringing?) a pre-departure test in of some sorts because Italy already had one, Canada does, I’m expecting Austria to be next once it opens up again after their latest lockdown.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Better to do it at home in my view before you depart. Imagine driving to the airport packed up ready only to find it’s come out positive. No thanks.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just waiting to see if it is an antigen test or a PCR that's needed so can figure out how much cost it's adding to our trip Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Jonny996, The BBC reports it like this:

France has announced that everyone arriving from outside the EU will need to present a negative Covid test which is less than 48 hours old, even if they are fully vaccinated.

Unvaccinated people arriving from within the EU will need to present a test that is less than 24 hours old. The government is considering extending this to all travellers from within the EU.

If they decide to extend then UK travellers might actually have 24 hours more leeway than EU travellers
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It would be good if the French govt website was updated in English. It would appear they have not got round to this yet. I am not a French speaker, but wish to spend some money there bolstering the French economy.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://twitter.com/thelocalfrance/status/1466043038698860555?s=21

This says from Sat PCR or antigen

Apologies if this has already been posted
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rob Mackley wrote:
https://twitter.com/thelocalfrance/status/1466043038698860555?s=21

This says from Sat PCR or antigen

Apologies if this has already been posted

It's behind a paywall so can't read...
snow report
https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918#t1-Travelling-from-the-UK-to-France

"This section is currently being amended."

So the official info should be in soon-ish
snow conditions
@Specialman,

French government spokesman Gabriel Attal, speaking after the weekly meeting of the government’s Defence Council, has announced that from Saturday all travellers – vaccinated or not – will require a negative Covid test in order to enter France from any country outside the EU or Schengen zone.

This would include travellers from the UK, USA and Canada.

You can find the full breakdown on travel rules between France and the UK HERE.

The test can be either a PCR or antigen test but must have been taken within the previous 48 hours.

Arrivals from within the EU or Schengen zone will only need a test if they are not vaccinated, but the test must have been taken within the previous 24 hours.

Attal said the measure will come into force ‘from Saturday’ but added that a precise start time would be clarified soon.

He did not clarify whether the rules would apply to children, but current rules on testing require tests only for children aged 11 and over, so it is likely that the same will apply here.

See also on The Local:
Attal also announced that from Saturday, flights would resume from the seven African countries currently the subject of a flight ban – but with extremely strict new conditions.
ski holidays
You need a negative test to enter france from Saturday, vaccinated or not
latest report
https://mobile.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage

"The measures applied to vaccinated adults extend under the same conditions to minors accompanying them, whether or not they are vaccinated"

cant find a definition of "minor" but this statement suggests a teenager may nit have to do any form of test as they are vicariously covered by their parents' vax status ?
snow report
Tbh, I am quite happy about this - flying in on the 11th and happier sitting on a plane with people who have been tested.
ski holidays
@Rob Mackley, thanks Smile

Might be one bonus out of this that 12yo has 48hrs to do a pre-flight test rather than 24hrs before flying.

Could be a double whammy though for us; tests to get into France, then go into Andorra where we'll need tests to return to France for the flights, and then of course we have to do the PCR when we get home.... £450 and counting on tests so far I reckon - and to think that used to get me a week's skiing pre-children Crying or Very sad
snow report
I can’t bare the uncertainty of all this. If I test positive before my tunnel crossing I’ll be completely heart broken. I’ve been looking forward to this trip for two years after not being able to go all last winter. Bought snow chains, lift passes, all the kit, accommodation, obsessed about all the little details, watched YouTube clips of some of the pistes, researched restaurants and bars, got my tous AntiCovid up and running etc.

I’m sure everyone is feeling the same way but I just needed to vent!
ski holidays
Ok this all very confusing! So if we are two vaccinated adults travelling with our two children aged 7 and 11 what test do we need? And the kids? And how many hours before travel?
snow report
Hmm. This is going to be fun.

In January I’m getting the train to France, arriving in Oulx (in Italy) then getting a cab back to France from there. Presumably there won’t be any checks on the train or in the taxi?! So I should just stick to the French rules.

February will be different, we’re getting a plane to Turin then a cab to France so I guess I’ll need to just follow the Italian rules?!

I really need to get my head around it all!
snow conditions
@PrinceJohn, not that I would ever suggest/condone gaming the system, but if we’re allowed to
do self administered antigen tests, I’m tempted to stick it up my ar5e instead of nose so it definitely comes back negative Laughing
ski holidays
You might be surprised...
ski holidays
@Javindo and @ Timmycb5. Please no! Don’t give Monsieur Macron any ideas!
snow report
@javindo, Shocked
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is my Irish mate allowed into France? He's had a single dose of Janssen but isn't eligible for a booster.
latest report
@javindo, Shocked Shocked
snow report
@bezthespaniard His pass sanitaire will no longer be valid after 15th December, unless it's still been less than two months since he had the single dose of Janssen.

Info here: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-sanitaire#comment_prolonger_mon_%C2%AB_pass_sanitaire_%C2%BB_?
ski holidays
Interesting, didn't know that re the Janssen jab........ Not too many folk have had it?
latest report
Am I the only person wondering how this works with Geneva flights because technically you are entering France from a schengen country (Switzerland)
snow report
Does anyone know if this new PCR test for France has to be done in a clinic or can be done at home? I've been on the Randox site and they offer both options
snow conditions
@timmy also wondering how this will work as we are flying into Toulouse but our resort is just over the border in Spain. Presumably no PCR test to return over the land border into France? If we did have to do this we'd have to delay our return flight and return of hire car by a day or two as it doesn't appear possible to get a PCR at the weekend on the Spanish side! Might order some eu approved antigen tests to take with us in case everything changes again...
ski holidays
@philipb, I guess they will release the full details soon, until then it will be anyone's guess.
latest report
belette wrote:
also wondering how this will work as we are flying into Toulouse but our resort is just over the border in Spain. Presumably no PCR test to return over the land border into France?....

Before this changed, our 12yo was required to test in Andorra to go back into France for a flight so I'm expecting it's class as re-entry to France so tests all round
snow report
Harve wrote:
@bezthespaniard His pass sanitaire will no longer be valid after 15th December, unless it's still been less than two months since he had the single dose of Janssen.

Info here: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-sanitaire#comment_prolonger_mon_%C2%AB_pass_sanitaire_%C2%BB_?

Thanks. Thought that was the case.

He’s considered fully vaccinated in Ireland which I thought would be accepted but doesn’t seem so.
ski holidays
Either I would imagine. Fit to fly tests are the ones I’d be ordering.
ski holidays
Now we suddenly need a test to get to France next week, has anyone tried to get one today?
I can't seem to get one anywhere! Confused
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy