Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
philipb wrote:
Absolutely gutted. I was expecting tougher testing and possibly requirements for boosters, but not this.
Does anyone know what 'essential travel' covers. I ask because we are due to travel out to our apartment in Argentiere just after Christmas and stay till February. Does owning a property count?

No it doesn’t count sadly…below is a current list of compelling reason

I hereby certify that my reason for travelling is one of the following compelling reasons (tick box):
● French citizens, their spouses (married, civil union and cohabiting) and their children.
● Citizen of the European Union or equivalent, and their spouse (married, civil union or cohabiting partner) and their children, whose main residence is in France or who is returning, in transit through France, to their main residence in a European Union country or equivalent, or to a country whose nationality they hold;
● Citizens of other countries with a valid French or European residence permit or long-stay visa whose main residence is in France or who are in transit through France to their main residence in a European Union country or a similar country.
● British citizens and their family members who are beneficiaries of the agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community. British civil servants exercising their duties, border police officers and customs officers. Channel Tunnel staff (engaged inter alia in operations, maintenance, security) or cross-Channel facilities staff.
● Citizens of other countries holding a long-stay visa issued for purposes of ordinary family reunion or refugee family reunification, beneficiaries of subsidiary protection and stateless persons.
● Foreign health or research professionals involved in the fight against COVID-19 as well as their spouse (married, civil partner, cohabiting partner subject to proof of community of life) and children.
● Foreign health or research professional engaged as an associate trainee.
● Citizens of other countries with a “talent passport” long-stay visa, as well as their spouse (married, civil union or cohabiting partner on presentation of proof of community of life) and children.
● Students enrolled in French as a foreign language (FFL) courses prior to enrolment in higher education or admitted to the oral examinations of French higher education institutions or enrolled to begin the new 2021-2022 academic year. Researcher or teacher (including language assistants) settling in France at the invitation of a research laboratory, for research activities requiring a physical presence, as well as his/her spouse (married, civil union, cohabiting partner on presentation of proof of community of life) and his/her children.
● Workers in the land, sea and air transport sector or transport service providers (including drivers of any vehicle transporting goods for use in the territory as well as those only in transit, or travelling as passengers to resettle in their home base or for training).
● Foreign citizen working for a diplomatic or consular mission, or an international organisation with its headquarters or an office in France, as well as their spouse and their children or a foreign citizen of a third country staying in France for a compelling professional reason under a mission order issued by their country of origin.
● Travellers in transit for less than 24 hours in an international zone.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Tristero, Have a look here. Which would beg to differ.
https://data.spectator.co.uk/category/national

UK-35%, EU average 18%. Austria not far behind on 33% but all other countries in the mid 20%. Switzerland 14%, Germany 25%, Italy 21%..given this thread is about France, I can't see it. Proportionately, this is a long way behind. Report in today's Telegraph that Germany won't have the Pfizer to do the boosters.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@andmelffion, yep that looks to be the case unfortunately. Not sure if my wife having European citizenship (polish passport) helps?
Anyone know more precisely when this comes in?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@philipb, similar situation. We were due to be taking our son out between Xmas and new year and he was going to stay until March. We've got an IKEA delivery due on the 29th and work to do.

Suppose we'll have to wait and see now - if we can maybe get him out on the train/plane instead, at least he'll be there even if we can't drive him down Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Feck

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 16-12-21 9:27; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
philipb wrote:
@andmelffion, yep that looks to be the case unfortunately. Not sure if my wife having European citizenship (polish passport) helps?
Anyone know more precisely when this comes in?

Not sure on that….seems some confusion about this as gmtv have just said you must take a test no more than 24 hours before arrival and then isolate for 48 hours…hopefully some clarification and formal will be announced shortly
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Breaking new on bbc now
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ma94jcg, thanks for posting this so quickly. Also gutted - but appreciate how helpful everyone is in sharing information, so decisions can be made quickly.

I'll keep an eye out for an official announcement today Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From Saturday: PCR or lateral flow and 7 days quarantine (with conditions) for those allowed in, no entry to those without a compelling reason to travel:

8:38

Vers un contrôle "encore plus drastique" de la frontière avec le Royaume-Uni, Gabriel Attal confirme sur BFMTV-RMC un renforcement des contrôles à la frontière avec le Royaume-Uni, en proie à une croissance rapide du variant Omicron.

"On va mettre en place un contrôle aux frontières avec le Royaume-Uni encore plus drastique", assure le porte-parole du gouvernement. Ainsi, un test antigénique ou PCR de moins de 24h sera demandé dès samedi à tous les voyageurs de retour du Royaume-Uni. Ces voyageurs devront respecter un isolement obligatoire de 7 jours à leur arrivée en France, isolement duquel ils pourront sortir au bout de 48h en cas de test négatif, précise Gabriel Attal.

En outre, les personnes arrivant du Royaume-Uni devront avoir un motif impérieux pour se rendre en France.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 16-12-21 9:38; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well that’s a steaming pile of sh!te.

Hope it’s relaxed by the time we’re due to go.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This is as daft as the UK rules on travel from SA to be honest, but unsurprising.

Will no doubt be revoked in mid January.

Cest la vie
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Reported on the Today programme just now. I guess it's official.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GreenDay wrote:
This is as daft as the UK rules on travel from SA to be honest, but unsurprising.

Cest la vie
Yes, I think so. Will these restrictions also be applied to travellers from Denmark, who seem to be equally advanced in their Omicron wave as the UK.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Merde...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar wrote:
GreenDay wrote:

Cest la vie
Yes, I think so. Will these restrictions also be applied to travellers from Denmark, who seem to be equally advanced in their Omicron wave as the UK.

I think they will, unless - "Citizen of the European Union or equivalent, and their spouse (married, civil union or cohabiting partner) and their children, whose main residence is in France or who is returning, in transit through France, to their main residence in a European Union country or equivalent, or to a country whose nationality they hold;"
latest report
So transiting is one reason, and having residency another. Just as well we have our EU50 cards which should endorse the travelling through on Sunday
latest report
Long list of stuff to cancel.
snow report
Sad
snow report
For what it is worth (as a Brit in France), i'm really sorry for everyone if this is indeed the case. It gives me a great deal of pleasure to meet British folk in France, and i'm proud that people still want to visit and engage with Europe. Good luck all Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Would EasyJet offer a refund on flights now or do we start the ball rolling on a perpetual run of changing flights until this is more manageable?
ski holidays
Due to fly on Saturday morning for our first holiday of any kind in over 2 years.
Words cannot describe my feelings right now, assuming Saturday now becomes impossible.
You really start asking yourself what is the point in any of the efforts we've made since Jan / Feb 2020?
latest report
I was wondering that - I imagine that their website will be a tad busy. My flight is a flexible one, but not sure what that means in practice.
snow report
Im so sorry everyone xxx
snow conditions
Who knows if we can get a refund now from our agents (Erna Low) guess we phone and ask and beg. Plus, glad I bought £350 worth of Covid tests this week. Just gutted.
latest report
This feels like we are right back where we started, what a kick in the teeth for everyone and businesses.
Gutted for everyone.
snow report
Just looked to see if we could change Xmas hols to Easter, but Mark Warner website was showing much higher prices, and has since crashed...
snow report
Such a shame for so many. I finally moved our Eurotunnel just yesterday. Have friends over there at the moment - Uni ski trips + families at private school and they have been very lucky indeed.
snow conditions
ralphster wrote:
Would EasyJet offer a refund on flights now or do we start the ball rolling on a perpetual run of changing flights until this is more manageable?

When the Swiss restrictions came in, airlines (including Easyjet) cancelled a lot of flights, which meant you could get a refund. I'd wait for them to move first.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So gutting. My partner has been deployed for the last 9 months looking forward to this trip

Now we are looking at Bulgaria as it looks like we can travel there at present
snow report
dangly bits, was travelling out with the kids on saturday for 2 weeks in courchevel. Had to jump through endlesss hoops, managed to book testing etc etc not just prior to travel but also for the kids whilst we wee out there. All for it to be stopped a couple of days before we go. Don't know how we'll tell the kids. Gutted
snow report
It does say you can end the 7 days isolation if you test negative after 48 hours.

We are going for 10 days from sat and are thinking it could still be worse
snow report
So sorry to hear this, especially for those with kids to tell.
snow conditions
Is there any indication on timescales in the announcements? i.e. is this a short term measure?
snow conditions
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/16/france-tighten-covid-restrictions-travel-omicron-uk
ski holidays
F**k F**k F**k F**k

Due to travel out 7th of January. Seems unlikely that it will have changed by then
ski holidays
lazyskier wrote:
It does say you can end the 7 days isolation if you test negative after 48 hours.

We are going for 10 days from sat and are thinking it could still be worse

No tourism allowed
ski holidays
Does the announcement give a indexation on end of restriction
latest report
Quote:

We are going for 10 days from sat

You sure about that, @lazyskier? Are you in one of the exempt categories?
latest report
@lazyskier, you still need a compelling reason to travel. Skiing doesn’t count Sad
snow report
@sugarmoma666, they were discussing it on the radio and seemed to think it would be for the Xmas hols when there was mass travel planned.

Might well be lifted in early Jan. I’m nervous about half term now, if omicron is still on the rise.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy