Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

transit in geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Looks like UK gov have caught up - they were saying transit within 24hrs exempt from tests. Not any more.

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@welshflyer,
Yes, but the rules keep changing so I have to keep on top of it!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does anyone know when Switzerland (and France) are next due to review their rules?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd be interested to hear too as this morning I thought we needed;

3 LFT Fit to Fly going out
3 LFT Fit to Fly to return
3 Day 2 Tests
1 Day 8 test

As the Swiss have changed their requirements we now also need;

3 PCR Tests to land at GVA

It's all silly££££££ on top of an already expensive holiday Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ralphster wrote:
I'd be interested to hear too as this morning I thought we needed;

3 LFT Fit to Fly going out
3 LFT Fit to Fly to return
3 Day 2 Tests
1 Day 8 test

As the Swiss have changed their requirements we now also need;

3 PCR Tests to land at GVA

It's all silly££££££ on top of an already expensive holiday Sad

The Swiss have required a PCR test since c27 Nov. They clarified transit rules on c30 Nov. They haven't changed their rules since for transit passengers.
So you've needed those initial PCRs (up to 72 hrs)for as long as you've needed the French 48 hour test.
The pain is the French only giving 48 hours rather than 72 for a PCR as you then become dependent on your sample getting to the lab and being processed in time for your departure, which could be tight, particularly now with Christmas, and the UK's new rules which will encourage even more home shopping and deliveries....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There also seems to be conflicting information on whether the timing of all these tests is based on departure time or arrival time, which is complicated further if you’re going via another country. https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/article/rules-that-apply-to-countries-and-territories-on-the-green-orange-red-or mentions a “mandatory test upon arrival” too!! Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you were to do a 48hr PCR then you’re good for both france and Switzerland so no need for an LFT as well@ralphster
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For anyone who has a local office:

We used DAM Health for a same day PCR in July and all went well (£99 at the time)
We have booked for Monday (at a different locale) to cover us for CH/France, same day results, now £69 each (and £20 for child accompanying paying adult)

Will try and report on how it goes, though will be quite busy getting away.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all, much appreciated. So a PCR will allow arrival at GVA and transit to FRA? If so, our other predicament is we arrive UK at around 1800 on Sunday so cannot get a day 2 PCR done in time for work the following day given we need to isoalte before results are given. It's my partner who works in a school who's scuppered our trip Happy
We are looking at Feb half term and part of me is waiting for the first travellers coming back in the next week or so to see what there experience was. I'm hoping they're having a great time and it's been hassle free.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That is what I have done today for flying into Geneva and onto France, PCR just less than 48 hours before departure so covers France’s rules too.
I will take a (commercial ) LFT kit with me too in case there is any issue at French border, but I can’t imagine they will even be checking there
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ralphster, some airports have a day 2 pcr facility for use after landing - haloverify
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi so we now need a PCR test as I thought we could use a 48 hour LFT but sounds like that is not possible.

Below was the email from Admin - assume this has been superseded. Is everyone going to okay coming through Geneva?

I assume the bus is still okay to collect people from Geneva? is that pre-arranged? Assume i can call Graham at Admin?

Below Puzzled is the old information????

Update on testing requirements: confirmed needed for flight arrivals into CH, including for transit
Travel rules
UPDATE ON TRANSIT:
For those flying to a Swiss airport and then travelling onward to another country (e.g. by car), quarantine requirements do not apply – provided that travellers do not make a stop in Switzerland, for instance to visit a shop or restaurant. Travellers have to present a pre-departure negative test result (PCR or antigen) in order to board the flight to Switzerland. They further have to complete a passenger locator form (SwissPLF) within 48 hours before entry. Travellers should be aware that there may be entry restrictions or quarantine requirements in the country they are travelling to.

You will need an official test with a certificate not a home test. However antigen is fine, PCR is not required.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dean McArdle, in terms of the Swiss rules on entry I think this link has been posted several times in several threads

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#-924144951

Go to that for the latest info as it can/does change, apply it to your situation as you know that best
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks I have booked a rapid PCR at east Midlands airport. Suggest anyone flying in gets rapid PCR.

Not been on a Snowheads bash but I take it we all catch a pre-arranged bus in Geneva? It does state in the details. I noticed that Easyjet flight is still okay. Some look like they were cancelled.

Cheers snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Dean McArdle, you might do well to read the appropriate bash thread, then if you still have a question, post it there rather than here. The right people then might see it.
snow conditions
@ralphster, if you are flying in Heathrow Halo do a PCR fr 59 quid. 12 hour result
snow conditions
feefee wrote:
If anyone is flying BA UK to Geneva to transit to France before Christmas I’ll be very keen to hear how you get on please.

Hi all.
Hot off the press- I’m transiting now at this moment - having flown heathrow to Geneva via ba and have taken a private transfer to val d’isere.
Long queue to passport control when getting off the flight at Geneva
The guards were meticulous and asked me for:
-Passport first
-Covid vaccination qr code (showed them my nhs codes that had been downloaded into the swiss covid cert app)
- qr code from Swiss plf (electronic or paper - I had paper)
- paper evidence of my pcr test done within 72 hours - I used a dam walk in place near my home and paid around £70. Took it on Tuesday morn and had results at 4am on wed.
That was it! Actual time with the guard only took less than a minute.

In the transfer- we just drove over the french border without stopping - so didn’t need to do my 48 hr lft from Switzerland to france.

Nobody mentioned re the 4-8 day test either but will get done as belts and braces in val

Hope that helps. Of course it could all change but that’s up to the min news on what they are asking for.
snow conditions
@AbiWood2,

You don't need the 4-8 day test.

I have been told that the Covid Testing Centre is a portacabin opposite the Medival (Medical Centre) 1 bus stop before La Daille when travelling from the centre of Val.
ski holidays
welshflyer wrote:
@AbiWood2,

You don't need the 4-8 day test.

I have been told that the Covid Testing Centre is a portacabin opposite the Medival (Medical Centre) 1 bus stop before La Daille when travelling from the centre of Val.

Excellent news re 4-8 day test. That makes things easier. Cheers for heads up re Medival portacabin.
ski holidays
@AbiWood2, Well done -- and thanks for the first hand info... :: Looks like you have picked a brilliant week for Skiing ! Smile
snow conditions
Hi, does anyone know anything about Swiss requirements on the way back? Do you need to take a PCR test in a French resort in order to then fly out of Geneva airport back to the UK?
snow report
@nabisco, Welcome

These are the UK Gov requirements to enter the UK

"take a COVID-19 test – to be taken in the 2 days before you travel to England
book and pay for a COVID-19 PCR test – to be taken after you arrive in England
complete a passenger locator form – to be completed in the 48 hours before you arrive in England"

As for entering Switzerland from France -- the consensus is that you do not need any test (as you are entering from a 'border' area)

details here -- https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

====
The Gov.uk site does not specify what sort of Covid-19 test you need to take before you travel

===== edit====
IT does

"This could include tests such as:

a nucleic acid test, including a PCR test
a LAMP test
an antigen test, such as an LFD (lateral flow device) test""

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 9-12-21 23:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@albob Thanks!
latest report
@nabisco, check the edit -- I have added a link for you
snow conditions
Saw info from the excellent @abi_butcher (journalist who writes for Telegraph) on twitter today who has been looking at all the requirements and is currently there.

She has got confirmation from Swiss Gov that no PCR is required when returning To Geneva from Resorts and its only for Flight Entry.

This will make a huge difference to many i think as the logistics of PCRs for all in resort would be interesting....
ski holidays
@seanski, I saw that with the "Breaking" bit, and it shocked me, as I thought it was already clearly well evidenced on Swiss gov websites that no test was req'd from Border areas...! Clearly I've been taking liberties... Laughing
ski holidays
As evidenced by @rob@rar in the France requirements thread, he traveled direct UK-France with ease with a bit of preparation. Covid status, statment & neg LFT, all that was required, a common sense approach in my eyes.
The Swiss are just being obtuse demanding a PCR for transiting direct into France.
latest report
@Jonny996 was this via GVA or driving?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SurfAtlantic wrote:
@Jonny996 was this via GVA or driving?

Key might be in the 'travelled direct UK to France'.
Unless Geneva has been annexed by M. Macron overnight...... Laughing
Might have driven, might have flown to a FRENCH airport, but if you read the post in the actual thread, you'll see he is driving.
ski holidays
@SurfAtlantic, Welcome to SnowHeads -- rob was transiting to france using Eurotunnel

"..Just passed through French border control at Eurotunnel, going to France. I’d uploaded my Vaccine Passport, Declaration of Honour, and Lateral Flow certificate (from C19Testing) to the Eurotunnel website beforehand, which had been validated before I arrived.

Got to French border control and the looked only at my UK passport, nothing else..."

this is the thread

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4874188&highlight=#4874188
snow report
@AbiWood2, thank you very much for taking the time to post this info, have a great holiday Cool snowHead
snow conditions
Thanks @albob! Hoping I have the same experience through tunnel in a few weeks!!!

I was asking as my daughter is flying to GVA and several websites have contradicting guidance on ‘airside transfer’ being considered ‘direct’ entry to France (allowing LatFlow etc)

Consensus seems to be this maybe the case but airlines probably won’t let you board a flight without PCR anyway.
snow conditions
My son flew MAN-GVA this morning with EasyJet.
At the gate approx 20-30 passengers were denied boarding as they only had LFT certificates or NHS PCR’s.
These people had even managed to check-in luggage rolling eyes Incompetent EasyJet check in staff.
The flight was then delayed while they offloaded the luggage.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 10-12-21 13:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@SurfAtlantic, That is my thinking - you need to worry about the airline (they do not know if your are transferring or not...) - PCR for safety
ski holidays
Ok so for us flying to Geneva Boxing Day it looks like we will have to go to a walk in same day result pcr test place either late Christmas Eve or maybe Christmas Day, to ensure we get within 72hrs/48hrs requirements. Then either take a private LFR for the return test, (as it seems we’ve clarified we don’t need a pcr to return?) or get an lfr in french resort, then the 2 day pcr once we are home. Adding around £100pp and a load of ag rolling eyes
ski holidays
@feefee Yes thats my exact understanding too - im going to take the LFlow with me and do from comfort of hotel....
As example of what im doing similar dates as fly 27th

1. 12hr Collinson test at heathrow on Boxing Day - leaving to day before so that meets both Swiss (72) and French (48hr) asks
2. Taking Flow tests with us from UK (not NHS ones) and will upload photo / get cert back digitally
3. No addt req to get through to Geneva
4. Pre-book Day 0-2 PCR to get code for UK PLF

Cost 120 quid ish due to quick turnaround on departing PCR

Hopefully thats all correct (Someone scream if it isn't please) or I give up Smile
snow report
@seanski, by my thinking that’s correct but it’s when you say per person it really starts to hurt. That’s £500 on top of an already expensive family holiday.
Someone somewhere is making a lot of money out of this
snow report
Heard second hand today (friend of a friend) about a positive case on a plane and the whole plane is now isolating. Seems extreme so thought I would seen if anyone has heard the same?
snow report
Trw144 wrote:
Heard second hand today (friend of a friend) about a positive case on a plane and the whole plane is now isolating. Seems extreme so thought I would seen if anyone has heard the same?

All I can picture now is a sad plane all on its own in a massive hangar.
ski holidays
@Trw144, we flew back from Mallorca with easyJet week before last. 9 days later we were "pinged". when they finally had all our details we were told that as we were double vaccinated we didn't need to self isolate but if we wanted to the isolation period finished the next day Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy