Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss quarantine for UK travellers

Poster: A snowHead
DWJA1976 wrote:
Does anyone know if single vaccinated 13 year old will need to do daily antigen test to get Passe Sanitaire for CH? We had riginally booked in Zermatt, rescheduled to Les Deux Alpes because fo teh quarantine but not trying to get our original Zermatt hotel booking back!! Thank you.

The latest guideline says no tests required for under 16’s. Not sure about passe sanitaire?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lizann wrote:
Does anyone know what rules apply to people who arrive/have arrived before tomorrow? Will they still have to quarantine?

They are immediately released, but still need to get the day 4-7 quick test. Paragraph 12. https://www.newsd.admin.ch/newsd/message/attachments/69393.pdf
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andy from embsay wrote:
The report above isn’t clear on whether it’s PCR only on entry and PCR or antigen on day 4, or whether its still PCR or antigen?

The day 4 to 7 test can be rapid antigen.

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 3-12-21 18:07; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BobinCH wrote:
DWJA1976 wrote:
Does anyone know if single vaccinated 13 year old will need to do daily antigen test to get Passe Sanitaire for CH? We had riginally booked in Zermatt, rescheduled to Les Deux Alpes because fo teh quarantine but not trying to get our original Zermatt hotel booking back!! Thank you.

The latest guideline says no tests required for under 16’s. Not sure about passe sanitaire?

Swiss Covid pass is 16+ I believe
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skimum1 wrote:
BobinCH wrote:
DWJA1976 wrote:

Swiss Covid pass is 16+ I believe

So - i have flights to geneva on 18th dec, 2 adults fully jabbed, a 15 yr old and 13 yr old, single jabbed and recovered. I had but have cancelled accom in les crosets, but after today’s announcement am thinking of trying to rebook it. If so, my understanding is that i need the 4 of us to have a neg PCR to fly into geneva, and that the 2 adults would need a rest after day 4, but not the kids?

Anyone agree? Or have i read it wrongly!

Thanks
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Our hotel have said the Swiss authorities are setting up their own testing facility in each resort.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think children under 18 don’t need to be vaccinated. Based on this page:
https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home/sem/aktuell/faq-einreiseverweigerung.html#-1871257744

To quote:
Persons under the age of 18 who have not been vaccinated because of their age and who are travelling with an adult (parents, siblings, grandparents or other caregivers) who has been fully vaccinated are permitted to enter Switzerland.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Today's policy change is of course an improvement over the previous untenable restrictions but could anyone who has been speaking positively about the new requirements please explain why it is now in any way good news?

The Swiss testfest in addition to that of the UK makes any trip there so financially and logistically unpalatable that it will put most completely off the idea of making the journey at all. Especially for long weekends.

Is there any chance at all that come the new year the Swiss will bin the testing bollox and revert to the previous proof of vaccination only requirement for entry?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hd wrote:
Is there any chance at all that come the new year the Swiss will bin the testing bollox and revert to the previous proof of vaccination only requirement for entry?
I think that will happen, in Switzerland and elsewhere, but I doubt it will happen early in the New Year. Didn’t we go through something like this with the arrival of Delta? That seemed to take a couple of months at least before the inevitable spread of the virus meant travel and other restrictions were obviously pointless.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
For people to reference the new laws actual text is https://www.fedlex.admin.ch/eli/cc/2021/380/fr for international travellers (N.b. link goes to currently live version, but side has version valid from tomorrow though only in french afaik)

All other information may at this point be assumed to be out of date.

My reading (though with google translate because I don't speak french and comparing to previous versions) is that airlines will be, as of tomorrow required to validate passengers have a PCR test before departure.

The day 4-7 test can be antigen (annex 2 defines the tests, while the airline section puts additional checks in it hasn't changed for anything else). This is required by article 8, which you might be exempted from if you are just transiting switzerland to france.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Any update on the rules for transit from Geneva to France now the requirement for quarantine has been removed. Under the 10 day quarantine rule I think a test wasn’t needed pre departure from the UK to transit, but individuals have been taking an LFT to be on the safe side as some airlines have been asking for one. Does the rule change mean a PCR is now needed to fly to Switzerland and then transit to France from Geneva. Will one also be needed to cross the border from France to Switzerland when flying back a week later?! Any information out there?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hearing some worrying nonsense from Easyjet tonight - denying people boarding by saying they need a visa to enter Switzerland. This isn’t mentioned anywhere so will hopefully be sorted within a few hours, but shows how airlines are as confused as the rest of us!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
andy from embsay wrote:
Hearing some worrying nonsense from Easyjet tonight - denying people boarding by saying they need a visa to enter Switzerland. This isn’t mentioned anywhere so will hopefully be sorted within a few hours, but shows how airlines are as confused as the rest of us!

sounds BS to me...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dravot, clearly absolute nonsense, but seems that it’s happenng (screenshots from same FB thread):

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andy from embsay wrote:
@Dravot, clearly absolute nonsense, but seems that it’s happenng (screenshots from same FB thread):

interesting, because its clearly wrong....but what to do when you hit a computer says no moment?
latest report
@Dravot, exactly. Easyjet were bumping people off flights at the weekend for not having residency when apparently the Swiss were saying it was fine to transit to France - but their gate agents seem to make it up as they go.
snow report
Glad that I cancelled everything, need to order more popcorn Smile
snow report
andy from embsay wrote:
@Dravot, exactly. Easyjet were bumping people off flights at the weekend for not having residency when apparently the Swiss were saying it was fine to transit to France - but their gate agents seem to make it up as they go.

very few people you see working for easyJet actually work for easyJet...less the cabin crew, the driver and the head office staff nearly every body else is outsourced...
snow report
Dravot wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:

very few people you see working for easyJet actually work for easyJet...less the cabin crew, the driver and the head office staff nearly every body else is outsourced...

Yes, but i imagine they get their policy from the airline as it’s EJ who’ll be fined for flying in people who aren’t allowed? So for the purposes of this - Easyjet were responsible for the denial of boarding.
snow conditions
Travelcheck updated. https://travelcheck.admin.ch/check
snow conditions
The Rhone Alpes region is exempt from the PCR test requirements for entering Switzerland.

So what’s stopping people claiming to have been skiing in Val D’Isere so they don’t need a PCR test?
latest report
Nobody said any of this had to make sense!
snow report
andy from embsay wrote:
Travelcheck updated. https://travelcheck.admin.ch/check

that seems broken

If I choose : transit leaving airport - I get

"...You need to present a negative PCR test (not older than 72 hours) or a negative rapid antigen test (not older than 48 hours). A second test is required four to seven days after entry. This test result must be reported to the cantonal authorities responsible. If the stay is less than 4 days, a second test is not necessary. Under 16s and people who have a medical certificate to prove that they cannot have a Sars-CoV-2 test for medical reasons are exempt from the testing requirement...."

Which what I would expect if I was transiting to another area in Switzerland..?
ski holidays
Delighted to see a PCR test is now required to enter Switzerland from this morning as well as the UK… anyone who has had covid in the past 3 months has a 50/50 chance of still PCR-ing +ive… madness.
ski holidays
bezthespaniard wrote:
The Rhone Alpes region is exempt from the PCR test requirements for entering Switzerland.

So what’s stopping people claiming to have been skiing in Val D’Isere so they don’t need a PCR test?

I assume you need proof of residency. It’s not designed for tourists
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:
bezthespaniard wrote:

I assume you need proof of residency. It’s not designed for tourists

Nothing - the q&a refers to “travellers” not residents. I guess they could ask for proof of accommodation. But in practice most people won’t be stopped at the road border.
snow report
Yes I would risk that as they will only spot check and as you say the guidance is ambiguous
latest report
What about on the trains? How likely to be checked e.g. Paris-Lausanne?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Interesting video about Geneva airport

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8WY2JH2/
latest report
Anyone know what type of Rapid Antigen Test will be accepted by Valais for the Day 4 - 7 test? I imagine that a certificate will be needed (as opposed to just doing a test at home) but can we use one of the remote supervised service s eg Breatheassured or do you have to drive to a test centre in Valais somewhere? My worry is whether the test centres are likely to actually issue a certificate which can then be sent to the Canton as required. I cannot find anything which makes this clear. Thanks all.
snow conditions
@chrisJersey, we just went into the pharmacy in Verbier and they did it on the spot. It was an antigen test with results in 15 mins

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 4-12-21 18:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Sounds good but what did you then send to the Canton ie did you get a certificate or something else to tie it to you?
snow report
chrisJersey wrote:
Sounds good but what did you then send to the Canton ie did you get a certificate or something else to tie it to you?

Yes they give you a certificate
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
chrisJersey wrote:

Yes they give you a certificate

Brilliant. Many thanks
snow conditions
Could the same Lateral Flow test be used for CH 4-7 day window and predeparture back to UK? If I was on a 6 day trip, I could take the test on day 4 and use certificate for CH and UK authorities.
ski holidays
@Lynsbrew, this has been posted elsewhere by @oui4ski

The return to the UK test requirement is "From 4am, Tuesday 7 December all people aged 12 years and over must take a PCR or LFD COVID-19 test before they travel to England from abroad." (from here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19).

This means for a one week holiday that an in-resort Swiss pharmacy LFD test on day 6 would give you both Swiss compliance and Fit-to-fly evidence for UK entry. For a longer holiday, you would obviously need a second LFD test in resort to enter the UK.
snow report
BobinCH wrote:
@chrisJersey, we just went into the pharmacy in Verbier and they did it on the spot. It was an antigen test with results in 15 mins

How much did they cost please?
snow report
james75 wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

How much did they cost please?

Sorry can’t remember as was covered by insurance at that point
ski holidays
Ok thanks
snow conditions
Ok thanks
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy