Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss quarantine for UK travellers

Poster: A snowHead
Looks like those transiting through Geneva to another country can still do so https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This just in from gov.uk:

Update from GOV.​UK for:

Switzerland travel advice
Change made:
Update clarifies that those travelling onward to another country need not to quarantine, as long as travel through Switzerland is less than 24 hours and does not involve a stopover. (‘Entry requirements’ page)

Time updated:
11:33am, 30 November 2021
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You’re allowed in to transit - JUST updated

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_source=f428e2af-e7af-4801-bd0e-4ff8bd600c16&utm_content=immediately
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Change made:
Update clarifies that those travelling onward to another country need not to quarantine, as long as travel through Switzerland is less than 24 hours and does not involve a stopover. (‘Entry requirements’ page)

Just got this on the Govt. update
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well that's a positive.....Allons-y ! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Klammertime, i cant upload photos but Swiss sites concur.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So other than proof of vaccination what other documentation do we need when we land in Geneva?

Getting very confused
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@martyngb, Read this

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland/entry-requirements
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Any thoughts on ski resorts in France but have runs and lifts that go over the border to Switzerland? Will these be a no go?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fab news. I think this was always on the cards as transit was always possible even when UK were banned from CH, and the Swiss regs were pretty clear that “passing through without stopping” was ok. But good to have it confirmed.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
How do you get around the 12 - 18 single jabbed kids issue for skiing in France?

I have just cancelled accom in Les crosets but still have flights to Geneva booked so hoping to salvage a few days if possible.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
james75 wrote:
How do you get around the 12 - 18 single jabbed kids issue for skiing in France?

I have just cancelled accom in Les crosets but still have flights to Geneva booked so hoping to salvage a few days if possible.

As of yesterday they'd now be eligible for the 2nd jab or testing every 24hrs
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fantastic news!!!

Do we still need a negative PCR though?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NBH wrote:
james75 wrote:

As of yesterday they'd now be eligible for the 2nd jab or testing every 24hrs

Anyone know how to get proof of Covid Recovery? My 12 year old daughter has had 1 jab and had Covid in July, so under french rules is classed as fully vaccinated, however no idea how to prove this other than an email from track and trace confirming positive test and her vaccination certificate. Would mean not having PCR tests every 24hrs and no PCR test to get into france (my understanding is you don't need one for Switzerland if under 16 and travelling with vaccinated adults). Would save a lot of hassle but can't seem to find any info for love nor money. Thanks!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@NBH https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland/entry-requirements
ski holidays
@Fast_ted, It currently doesn't seem possible. The situation for 12-15 year olds is farcical, with fingers equally pointed at the British and French governments between them.

If ski resorts came up with a ski-through antigen test facility, tent on piste on the front-de-neige at main croisette stations, no appointment required, sort of thing, that might make it bearable, but failing that you will be trying to make appoints and schlepping to some small in-resort pharmacy or heading down the valley everyday.
ski holidays
Gazzza wrote:
@Fast_ted, It currently doesn't seem possible. The situation for 12-15 year olds is farcical, with fingers equally pointed at the British and French governments between them.

If ski resorts came up with a ski-through antigen test facility, tent on piste on the front-de-neige at main croisette stations, no appointment required, sort of thing, that might make it bearable, but failing that you will be trying to make appoints and schlepping to some small in-resort pharmacy or heading down the valley everyday.

I have a 15 year old and a 13 year old, both single jabbed and recovered from covid. What can I do??
snow conditions
It's been a rollercoaster couple of days - literally had to convince my friends this morning not to cancel their flights and book the tunnel quite yet!
ski holidays
NBH wrote:
Any thoughts on ski resorts in France but have runs and lifts that go over the border to Switzerland? Will these be a no go?

cross border commuters are allowed -- "I'm just going to work officer !!"
latest report
james75 wrote:
Gazzza wrote:

I have a 15 year old and a 13 year old, both single jabbed and recovered from covid. What can I do??

Wait for Austria to open.
latest report
One important point is what is the definition of a stop over.

Reading the current translations of the Swiss laws (n.b you need someone who reads German...), it includes any stop what you get out of vehicle...

So the transit would cover driving through but not getting off a plane and into a bus Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
gad wrote:
james75 wrote:
Gazzza wrote:

Got a week there in Feb!! Situation for 12-16 is the same as france!!
ski holidays
qwerty360 wrote:
One important point is what is the definition of a stop over.

Reading the current translations of the Swiss laws (n.b you need someone who reads German...), it includes any stop what you get out of vehicle...

So the transit would cover driving through but not getting off a plane and into a bus Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

It’s exactly the same as earlier in the year when transit to France was ok. It’s fine, and has been confirmed by several people calling Swiss officials and/or actually making the journey.
ski holidays
But earlier in the year they didn't have vaccinatio and test and quarantine requirements.

Previously this may have only applied to people who weren't vaccinated...

TBH the biggest issue is multiple interpretations with different groups having different biases (e.g. air lines are pessimistic because it is cheaper to cancel/refuse flight than deal with people of entry is refused... While we are mostly optimists because we want to ski!)

Though the biggest update will be what happens this weekend.
snow report
james75 wrote:
gad wrote:
james75 wrote:
Gazzza wrote:

I haven’t kept up with it all but I thought as your kids had had covid and a jab then that qualifies you for 2G status and there is no restrictions after that in Austria. ?
snow conditions
(n.b. I will note despite my comments that I now have flights via both GVA and Lyon (ba vouchers from previous covid abandoned trips means I may as well have flights on hold that can be refunded up to departure...) on the hope that I can fly via GVA as it is far better for getting to PSB...)
latest report
Hopefully now the transit issue is settled the Quarantine for the vaccinated will be the next to go. Pretty pointless measure that risks to hurt the ski industry over the key Xmas / NY weeks. Come on Berset, you love the Brits really…
snow report
I think they may wait 2 weeks before deciding to remove quarantine which is not good for Hotels and guests who are looking forward to the Xmas and New year
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
brownie wrote:
Fantastic news!!!

Do we still need a negative PCR though?

I am still unsure of this too, the UK Gov website says you need one to enter and you will also need to quarantine 10 days if you enter Switzerland. It then states you don't need to quarantine if you are in transit but it doesn't clarify whether your need a PCR...

The Swiss travel check website would indicate you don't need one though....

It would be great to get clarity on this, a friend of mine was recently caught out going to Croatia, the UK website said no test required but when the got there they needed to take a LFT before being allowed in.
latest report
Jill t wrote:
I think they may wait 2 weeks before deciding to remove quarantine which is not good for Hotels and guests who are looking forward to the Xmas and New year

Have to wonder if some of the mess was deliberate.

Break it in late November and mess up the first 2 weeks of the season, so that you can permit trips from 18th (when most resorts are really starting up rather than open but quiet while they make sure everything runs) to keep Xmas and NY weeks, having delayed any spike from the new variant for 2 weeks by basically stopping travel initially.
snow report
I now have hotel reservations in Veysonnaz (4 Vallées) and Chamonix for the 18th - 24th Dec, flying in and out of GVA with my double jabbed* 15yo. Can cancel the hotels on 10th Dec (Cham) or 15th Dec (Veysonnaz). Would rather go to 4 Vallées as my EPIC pass works there, but I am making all efforts to ski in calendar 2021.

* An Irish jab 2, so he has an EU certificate with a "2/2" indication and a QR code and everything, but the TAC Verif app doesn't like it; which is why I've not crowed about it here. rolling eyes
snow report
gad wrote:
james75 wrote:
gad wrote:
james75 wrote:
Gazzza wrote:

I haven’t kept up with it all but I thought as your kids had had covid and a jab then that qualifies you for 2G status and there is no restrictions after that in Austria. ?

Absolutely - the problem is proving 2G status as they cannot get a covid pass in this country, and as far as i'm aware there is no recognised method of proving recovery yet.
snow conditions
@Neillp, No we do not need a negative PCR for arrival, just when you have arrived back in UK.
ski holidays
Seeing reports that you can transit through to France inside 24 hours, not sure if this is pure speculation but when did that ever stop anyone?
latest report
I think my early Jan swiss trip to see friends will be happening in March or April.....

qwerty360 wrote:
Jill t wrote:

Have to wonder if some of the mess was deliberate.

Break it in late November and mess up the first 2 weeks of the season, so that you can permit trips from 18th (when most resorts are really starting up rather than open but quiet while they make sure everything runs) to keep Xmas and NY weeks, having delayed any spike from the new variant for 2 weeks by basically stopping travel initially.

I'm not sure they are that clever, but you never know Shocked
snow report
homers double wrote:
Seeing reports that you can transit through to France inside 24 hours, not sure if this is pure speculation but when did that ever stop anyone?

It's on the gov.uk website.
snow report
I've just seen it too. Morzine Source reporting it.
latest report
NBH wrote:

Only if you plan on overnighting in Swizterland!
snow conditions
Yes just been having a read.
snow conditions
Just received this from Alps2Alps - the guys we're planning on getting a taxi from Geneva to France resort with on 28th Dec

Quote:
Concerned about travelling to the Alps?

After the change in quarantine rules for Switzerland, we want to reassure our customers who are planning on travelling on to France, Italy, or Austria from Swiss airports (Geneva/Zurich).

If you're leaving Switzerland on the same day to travel to a ski resort in France, Italy or Austria, you are classified as a 'transit' traveller and can avoid quarantine by showing proof that you are leaving Switzerland (for example, a hotel reservation in your destination country).

Please be aware that information and restrictions are changeable so make sure you contact the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) in Switzerland for guidance...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy