Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dropping down to one pair!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I currently have a pair of Black Crow Atris skis as my powder/tour set up and a pair of Blizzard piste rippers (can’t remember the model) which have served me well.

However, I’m looking to drop down to owning only the one pair to save the hassle of carrying two sets with me and fancy an upgrade.

I’m looking for an all mountain set up which I can add some frame bindings too for the odd occasions I venture further into the back country.

Having not been out for two years due to covid I’ve not been able to try any as I normally would.

Does anyone have any experience of the Dynastar M-Pro 99/ Blizzard 10 Rustler / Faction Dictator 2.0??

Or any recommendations.

I reckon I’ll be spending 50% of my time on piste so needs something that can perform at speed.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jason123, I have heard excellent things about the Dynastars ...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jason123, The new Scott Pure is meant to be exactly that*, developed by the Swiss professional freeskier Jeremie Heitz.

It is a powerful ski, dynamic in turns on hard snow and light on powder.

OH is currently working on an interview she did with the guy, should be up soon I think, though I might extract the quote about one ski Toofy Grin

*I’m looking to drop down to owning only the one pair to save the hassle of carrying two sets with me
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm considering a similar strategy (all-mtn ski leaning toward piste) and the Volkl Mantra M6s seem to be on target and well regarded.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I use Volkl Mantra's for everything with shift bindings. I do have piste ski's/bindings but hate wearing ski boots, so rarely use them.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I use Volkl Mantra's for everything with shift bindings. I do have piste ski's/bindings but hate wearing ski boots, so rarely use them. The downhill performance is great on and off piste. I use them on short tours and prefer to have bindings and a ski I am confident in, rather than a lightweight ski. The Mantra ploughs through chopped up crud and never deviates!! Not bad in powder either.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 27-11-21 19:11; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If I was buying now, Nordica Enforcer Free 104 + Shifts would be top of my list
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Two is almost always better than one, to my mind.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@jason123, I have Faction Dictator 2.0 with Shifts. Great all mountain skis but solid as built with two sheets of metal. It likes to go hard and you need to be strong skier to stay on top of them. The tail is quite stiff and will bite you if tired or being lazy. I love them as they suit my skiing and used them in all conditions in PDS and always smiling. I also have Dictator 1.0 that are more forgiving and great on hard pack - I think also a great all-mountain / one ski but piste biased at 86mm. They are my goto ski if the off/side pistes are not happening. Am not a massive fan of the Shift bindings as the front binding has popped off a few times when in touring mode - user error but I find them sensitive to icing. Also find it difficult sometimes to separate the brakes when the skis are stored together.

You should also look at the Agents 2.0 as wood core and each ski 200 grams lighter than Dictators and more flex so more forgiving. I’ve just bought a pair to which I am fitting with Fritschi Tectons as they are a softer alternative for powder and lighter setup for touring.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bent Chetler 100 with shift bindings, good luck finding a pair!!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
clarky999 wrote:
If I was buying now, Nordica Enforcer Free 104 + Shifts would be top of my list

I bought a pair of those (stuck my old Guardian bindings on though) the other year to replace my 11 year old Enforcer 98s. Amazing ski, both on and off piste. I still have my SL and GS skis for the pure piste and the big fat Bents for real powder days but if I was stuck with only one pair the Free's would be the forst choice.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy