Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EU proposes 9 month validity for Covid vaccinations

Poster: A snowHead
Bloomberg reports
Quote:
The European Union will recommend a 9-month time limit for the validity of Covid-19 vaccinations for travel into the bloc and also propose prioritizing vaccinated travelers.

The European Commission will propose that member states should continue welcoming all travelers inoculated with shots approved by the bloc, according to a document seen by Bloomberg. It also calls for countries to reopen as of Jan. 10 to all those who have used vaccines approved by the World Health Organization.

The proposed updates introduce the new time limit for the validity of Covid inoculations, suggesting that boosters will be needed beyond the 9-month period.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rob@rar, I wonder where they get the 9 month figure from. Is there any data anywhere on effectiveness of vaccine protection 9 months after a booster?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@j b, I’ve not seen anything substantial on long term effectiveness of booster jabs, I think it’s too early to have that research undertaken.

We’ve seen plenty of evidence about waning protection after the first two doses, which by six months has reached a significant level, so on that basis a 9-month validity, based on what we know now, seems reasonable to me.

Hopefully we will see evidence that boosters have more long lasting protection, but until then I think we have to accept that waning protection needs to be addressed. I would much rather there was some commonality rather than a hodgepodge of rules across the EU in their policy for international travel, and hopefully the UK will fall in to line so that our vaccination policy doesn’t leave the kind of gaping holes we currently see for 12-15 year olds.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the CEO from Biontech said that the vaccine give some protections max till 9 m.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Now the same news is appearing in other sources, I suspect it was confused wording by Bloomberg. They meant 9 months after the primary vaccination course, not 9 months after any vaccination (such as a booster, which is why I asked the question).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've read that the oldest boosted patient(s?) has demonstrated no waning after 8 months. That would be good.

I am wondering where I and other FR infection + 1 (or, 2 in my case) will sit. After 3 exposures, I'm disinclined to have yet another, quite yet. To be surveilled.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The article says the decision is both based on science and practicality. 6 months for vaccine efficiency plus 3 months for governments to set up the booster campaigns.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There have been a lot of comments/complaints on various threads about lack of access to the app for u16's, with all the corresponding issues of proof of status for holidays.

A lot of this is aimed at the Govt. However, I suspect the problem is more to do with data protection and consent rules than any deliberate intransigence.

You have to give permission for the app to be linked to your health record, and have your Id verified before this can happen.
In the case of a minor, then a Parent or Guardian would need to give that permission.

The problem would be the cross reference and verification of the identity of the Parent online, in order to give this permission as these details are not necessarily stored on GP records.

Verification of the identity of the minor would then be needed to complete the process.

As our current data protection rules are a legacy of being in the EU, then I suspect that most, if not all those States will have a similar problem. Hopefully, they will get together to resolve this issue, or find a way of verification without the cost and disruption of daily testing. Potential loss of family tourism revenue will prompt some to push for this.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brianatab wrote:
As our current data protection rules are a legacy of being in the EU, then I suspect that most, if not all those States will have a similar problem. Hopefully, they will get together to resolve this issue, or find a way of verification without the cost and disruption of daily testing. Potential loss of family tourism revenue will prompt some to push for this.

And yet, no EU states seem to be experiencing this problem Puzzled There is no EU wide outcry about teens not having phone apps.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@brianatab, I don’t think it’s an issue driven by problems with making the app recognise vaccination, for under-16 or anyone else, no matter whether this is a GDPR problem or not. The problem is that the UK’s health policy and the health policy for vaccination in countries we might wish to travel to are not in line with each other. Giving kids a QR code which shows their single vaccination won’t help the problem, as it seems this will not be sufficient to lift restrictions on the unvaccinated in those Alpine countries.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've just read that from 15th January under 65s require a booster for France.

Being under 40 wife can't get a booster I can soon, does that mean she's not vaccinated anymore so can't even enter France let alone ski as gov website says not fully vaccinated require an essential reason for travel in France? Or does this just supply to the TAC app?

What does that mean for kids as they wont be travelling with fully vaccinated parents in that case?

Can we just get a lateral flow in ski area and use for bars etc, praying wont be required for lifts bit could be implemented.

So many questions I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't all get a booster before we go skiing.

Struggling to find answers anywhere.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarlet wrote:
And yet, no EU states seem to be experiencing this problem Puzzled There is no EU wide outcry about teens not having phone apps.
I think that’s right. From here in the UK it seems that there is a broad similarity on vaccination policy cross most of the EU, which for 12 years and older is for double vaccination, and perhaps soon to be triple vaccination being the requirement. The UK has chosen a different policy, for the time being at least. That’s at the heart of all the frustration currently facing families with 12-15 year olds.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@James77, from what i have read on the "pass sanitaire thread", it depends on when your 2nd jab was carried out, as long as you travel within 6 months of your 2nd jab (even after 15th Jan), you are good to go.

it seems it is mandatory to have a booster within 5 to 7 months of 2nd jab from that date, not everyone to be boosted by then, as i would have thought it would be near on impossible to get all under 65's in France 3rd jabbed by then

presumably, if you are outside six months of 2nd jab, you would have been able to have a booster by then anyway.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@James77, I’m in the same boat. Just hoping that I’ll get offered a booster before my 6 months are up and I become ‘unvaccinated’ again.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
I think that’s right. From here in the UK it seems that there is a broad similarity on vaccination policy cross most of the EU, which for 12 years and older is for double vaccination, and perhaps soon to be triple vaccination being the requirement. The UK has chosen a different policy, for the time being at least. That’s at the heart of all the frustration currently facing families with 12-15 year olds.

My 14 year old daughter was double vaxxed months ago and has the EU COVID cert on her phone. My wife got her third shot today and mine is scheduled for December. They will work their way down through the age groups from there as three jabs seems to have become the standard dose. This is in Ireland, so feel a bit sorry for the UK teens (including my own nephew and niece), who seem to have been caught up in inconsistent application of vaccine rules between different countries, but hopefully the skiing makes up for it.
snow report
@rjj501, @terrygasson,

its so frustrating wife is 6 months post 2nd jab now but being 38 she can't get a third jab currently, I'm over 40 so I'll get a third around Christmas.

What's more frustrating is the French say a covid infection counts as a booster, we both had covid 2 weeks ago but no idea how to prove that to the French no details on that.

They're talking about testing every day if you're unvaccinated, logistical nightmare for tourists and ski resorts surely they couldn't cope with that.

Suspect ski resorts will be putting a lot on pressure
latest report
@James77, have you tried booking your booster recently?

I have had all my jabs as soon as i have been able to, I am 55 and only had my booster last Friday, but that was exactly 6 months from my 2nd jab.

if your wife is only 38 and had her 2nd jab over 6 months ago, you would have thought she would be on the same timeline?

NHS website says booster is available to anyone over 40 (and other special cases obviously), they are averaging 350,000 boosters a day at the moment, so would assume that lower age groups will be included within a couple of weeks

also, I think you may be able to go into walk in centres and get jabbed if you are post 6 months 2nd jab, but i am not 100% sure on that, there may be others on here who can confirm that either way.

hope it all gets sorted quickly
snow conditions
@James77, I didn’t know that counted as a booster! I too have had Covid recently but the recovery certificate doesn’t work in TAC Verif… wondering if paying for a Swiss Cert using the recovery Cert might be a way round as that may scan as valid in France…? Puzzled
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy