Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'huez getting round town

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, looking for some advice before booking kids ski lessons.
We are staying in town next to the tourism office. It seems most of the kids ski lessons meet at bergers.
Looking at easiest way of transport with 4 kids under 9.
The alpe express appears to be a new jump on off lift to bergers.
Can anyone confirm this will be open over Christmas and is the easiest route to bergers area?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Boarderfarce, lessons also start at Rond-ponte des Pistes and if you are next to the tourist office you'll also be right next to the bucket lift. Either will be fine, and if you like riding in a slow antiquated French cage, choose the bucket lift Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@knackered knees, thanks sounds good. Kids booked in for lessons. Just wanted to avoid a 15min walk across town to the meeting point.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Boarderfarce, There are ski school gathering points at both rond-pointe des pistes (which they call ESF Grandes Rousses) and ESF Bergers (which also has the chalet des enfants for the youngest children). As @knackered knees, says access to Grandes Rousses is on the bucket lift which is a very old, jump on, pulse lift. The alpe express is a walk on very modern bubble lift that gets you quickly to Bergers via Eclose, no need to get off at Eclose. Something will have gone seriously amiss if they are not open at Christmas. Sad
Hope that helps. Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skitow, thanks big help. Any other general tips for ADH? Any must do runs or activities? Kids will be having lessons in the morning but with us in the afternoon.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boarderfarce wrote:
@skitow, thanks big help. Any other general tips for ADH? Any must do runs or activities? Kids will be having lessons in the morning but with us in the afternoon.

Obviously depends on you and your kids level, but do and try to get to the satellite villages of OZ, Vaujany, Villard Reculas, Auris (and even down to Huez to have the experience of the knee crushing little bubbles to get back up). In my opinion, and I am not an expert, the Sarenne is generally skiable by anyone who can ski reds if you access it from the marmottes. Same is often true from PicBlanc but it can get icy on the first part. Tunnel run is great of there is plenty of snow, best left alone if hard or icy unless you really are looking for gnarly medals. It soon softens in the sun though. I am sure you will check everything out in the morning before taking the kids !
Lots of other things to do like the ice skating, swimming, the nets thing in the sports centre where the kids can clamber about on foam logs etc. above a net in the main foyer. (apparently it is rated for a 100kg adult so the guy told me but even at 80kg I declined Laughing
I think you get one swimming or ice skating or crazy golf (indoors) session included with a 6 day pass, but you would have to check that.
Your kids will love it. Fireworks, torchlight descent by ESF, father christmas, free sweets for the kids, vin chaud / hot chocolate & chartreuse for adults. Well that's what normally happens anyway. Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Boarderfarce, Just a couple of things I thought of after. If the kids are good enough / want to visit the other villages by lift (you need the lift to come back anyway !) and you have had their passes via the ESF with their lessons it used to be the case that the passes were restricted to areas that they needed for their lessons but you could upgrade. Don't know if that is the case now.
Also just to state the Tunnel really is a true black run. I have fallen once and it's not pleasant rolling eyes .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would second everything @skitow says on the skiing front. The bowl immediately surrounding ADH town is a great area to learn to ski but once you're at red run level or above the most interesting skiing is around the edges of the ski area. It's also quieter!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great advice thanks all. We paid for family lift pass so the kids will be able to join us on the mountain. Will take them upto pic blanc for the experience but won't be hitting the tunnel run. Very Happy
Fingers crossed we can all still go.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy