Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Temp car insurance for 21yr old in Europe.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm (hopefully) driving down to the 3V in Feb, and have been looking into the possibility of sharing the driving with my 21year old son. Whilst I can seemingly get one-day cover in the UK, I can't find anywhere who will cover him in Europe. I should add that the car is a 19 plate Discovery, and one of the companies I tried cited the value of the car as the reason for decline. The others wouldn't cover <25 years old outside of UK.

Am I just wasting my time looking, or has anyone actually found temp cover for similar age driver / car value?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you tried speaking to your normal insurer? We're with NIG, and we've regularly found them to be accommodating with adding young drivers...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've put my children on our insurance (LV=) for 7-14 day trips in both the UK and Europe and the cost had been very reasonable. Yes, pro rata per day it's been pricey but in absolute terms terms not unreasonable for a short period of cover. In the UK, we've found it's been about the same to take out a week's cover for them so they can taxi us to/from the airport, as opposed to the cost of a taxi. I'm sure we did some of this when they were under-25 but as always with insurance, things change. But certainly worth checking with your current insurer.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy