Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trysil advise

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have booked a cabin in Trysil Mosetra Hyttegrend area
It mentions "alpine transport trail"
Is this a downhill link to the Turistsenteret
anyone know this area
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you mean this place? http://trysilhytte.com/?lang=en
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We’ve been there twice but have no idea what that is. Is your accommodation close to ski lifts or do you have a car?

It’s a fab place (but was very expensive - £24 for a 4 pack of cider!!) and that accommodation looks lovely. We’ve only stayed in the radissons (tourist and park).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
clavboy wrote:
I have booked a cabin in Trysil Mosetra Hyttegrend area
It mentions "alpine transport trail"
Is this a downhill link to the Turistsenteret
anyone know this area

My guess is no but I don't really know where the place you mention is. Have you got an address?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you look at the piste map on the Skistar site, Mosetra is off to the left of the Skihytta area (which is on the left edge of the map). I've not been into that part but my guess is you'll probably want to use the bus. It's a couple of kilometres from Turistsenteret. Transport tracks at Scandi resorts are a bit of a mixed bag - sometimes there's enough gradient to ski, other times they are very flat and skating/poling is the order of the day. The map suggests that the tracks go downhill to Turistsenteret but I wouldn't be confident that there's enough gradient to make it quick or easy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all
It is in this area
https://w3w.co/rarely.cluttered.buzzing
or
https://goo.gl/maps/tf7EXnpGjvqASoPA6
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@clavboy, it's really hard to be sure, but looking at the contours there's about 150m vertical drop in the ~2.5k distance to the lifts. That's a 6% average gradient which I think is the flattest of flat nursery slopes. Then allow for it not being even, and at best you've got a lot of skating. The transport tracks also seem to end before getting to the lifts, so you may end up trekking between cabins or apartments.
I hope someone who's more familiar with that end of Trysil can come along and say I'm wrong, but I still think you'll be using the bus to get to the lifts. There's more chance of being able to ski back to close to your cabin, as long as you're ok dealing with narrow tracks away from the piste.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@clavboy, I'm hardly an expert having been there the once, but I recall near the Turistsenteret being quite flat sloping to the river. There is a path near your spot leading off from the t-junction here 76PG+MJ4 Innbygda, Norway that looks like its marked for the Turistsenteret. As @mgrolf, says the contours dont look great and you can take a look at the road using google street view and see how flat it is.

But how are you getting there in the first place? Will you have a car? If so check out driving and parking at the Turistsenteret. We didnt stay that side so I am not sure about the parking there.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mgrolf, impressive piece of topography, yes can see there is a bus, I think I may hire a car and looks like I can park in Bakkebgrenda avoid crowded car park?
@ster, cheers. will look at a car
@bambionskiis, how much ? do they do an instalments payment plan ?
Dear all I like to check, as scoping out some where takes time, which is precious on a ski trip, a bit of knowledge goes a long way.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@clavboy, i think the parking at Bakkebgrenda will be for the cabins in the area - looking at the pictures, they don't seem to have individual spaces by the cabins. I've only parked at Turistsenteret once (on a day trip from Sälen) but I don't recall it being difficult to find a space.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy