Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pass sanitaire for ski lifts in France

Poster: A snowHead
@pbsmith, probably no way of stopping it, but would anyone who has been careful and got fully vaccinated, give their passes to someone who cannot be a!!!d to get vaxxed for one reason or another.

this is whilst i agree with others that compulsory vaccination might be against civil liberties, but on the other hand covid passports would compel the ones who want to use bars/restos/ski lifts etc to get vaxxed and in turn will reduce the need (and costs) to get tested because of spikes in cases/hospitalisations
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zorrac wrote:
@pbsmith, In the past in the grand massif with a season pass i have been made to take helmet goggles etc off, in a random check as they have a photo on their screen when you go through the entry, so with pass sanitare i would expect the same sort of thing to be happening

on a different note my 14 year old son got his 2nd vaccine appointment today...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

unfortunatly at the moment there is no way of proving he's had 2 doses (unless you are in Scotland) so you will still have to do daily tests - a shocking waste of your time and money on the bright side someone in a fancy suit is getting richer of the back of us all Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pbsmith wrote:
Whats to stop you showing a screenshot of your mate from works NHS QR code who has been double jabbed? When you are an antivaxxer Evil or Very Mad ??

We have all been double/triple jabbed so not a real question and you can't actually get into France without 2 jabs - but curious how just waving a QR code infront of a lifty is going to actually show you are ok to use the lifts? Especially if its a printed out one or a screenshot -
You present - he scans - it beeps OK - you get on the lift ??? surely it can't be that straightforward?
Even if it came up with name and age how do they know its your mate and not you - an a photo is unlikly to help in -5 with a facemask, helmet and mirrored goggles??

Thanks

When they verify your TousAntiCovod Activity QR code, as well as confirming if it is 'valid', or not, the TAC Verif app also confirms your name and date of birth from info in the PassSanitaire QR code.

I have been told the authorities will do random checks and also ask for photo identification, probably passport or driving licence for U.K. Residents, which matches the info from the QR code. They will obviously ask you to remove face mask/helmet/goggles etc., if necessary.

There are, supposedly, ‘severe’ penalties for fraudulently using the Pass Sanataire.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 4-12-21 18:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well just back from the opening day in Serre Che today, we took the chair lift up from the valley and no checks and only about 25% of people wearing a mask!

@KenX, took the gondola up from Chantmerle and Pass Sanitaire was scanned there.

The other chair we took once up in the ski area, again only 10% wearing a mask, as no queues and was snowing heavily and wearing a mask and goggles when it's snowing is a true recipe for googles steaming up!

Maybe no-one has really thought about that issue ??
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Weathercam, no PS required?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Certainly not requested at our coffee stop!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@pbsmith, I don't live on UK mainland, for us its similar to Scotland, ring the vaccine helpline 7 days after, and they provide a code via email that you scan in.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good news for Scots.
Booster should show up in the app from 9th Dec.
https://www.scotsman.com/health/covid-scotland-vaccine-passport-to-include-boosters-from-december-9-3480295?amp&fbclid=IwAR0q-t1cvXbV9oI3NrGAk0x8CwD6ZnGizo2UIbfuITw1nGObeEwH4E-8_c4
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Val D'Isere Olympic checked PS this afternoon. Masks everywhere.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dodgy PS you can say goodbye to your ski pass...I think that's how serious they will be with people who abuse the system.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PS checked at Les Contamines, twice. Once updating the CHamonix MBU to les Contamines and again just nefore the lift turnstile - the monkey (Ok sorry to actual monkeys) didn't know how to read a QR code for booster (french) jab, luckily his boss did!.....but they were also using completely random bog standard phones...get some real equipment!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Idris, the monkey? Really no need for that kind of shameful tone .....certainly puts people like me off from posting here. No one else find this offensive? Maybe I'm old-fashioned preferring to treat others with respect.

Anyway there were no QR checks that we encountered locally on lifts today in France. Masks were only required on the bubble, none of the lifties were even wearing them elsewhere. We got away with buffs, and a few dirty looks from fellow mask wearing passengers, but not the staff.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@polo, I don't want to be picky, but if you didn't properly mask up around other mask wearing passengers you were being disrespectful to them, hence the dirty looks. Wearing masks is as much for their benefit as yours. Perhaps you only prefer to treat others with respect when it suits you?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thecramps wrote:
@polo, I don't want to be picky, but if you didn't properly mask up around other mask wearing passengers you were being disrespectful to them, hence the dirty looks. Wearing masks is as much for their benefit as yours. Perhaps you only prefer to treat others with respect when it suits you?

Have to say I agree with this........
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We actually put on masks after the first bubble ride, out of respect for others.

Windows were open. Point was buffs were tolerated by the staff.
And I don’t consider them to be of sub human intellect.
snow report
On Ardent Gondola on Saturday there was no enforcement. Nor on Prolays or Tour chairs - I didn't venture further as the weather was awful - but the snow was great.
The lifties that were not hunkering down in their huts did not have face coverings either masks or snoods / buffs.
ski holidays
@WindOfChange, Sounds like some Gaullic common sense. Why wear a mask when you're outside on a chair lift when it's blowing a whooley....
Unless of course, you want to 'send a message' about Covid and how you respect other people.
latest report
polo wrote:
@Idris, the monkey? Really no need for that kind of shameful tone .....certainly puts people like me off from posting here. No one else find this offensive? Maybe I'm old-fashioned preferring to treat others with respect.

Anyway there were no QR checks that we encountered locally on lifts today in France. Masks were only required on the bubble, none of the lifties were even wearing them elsewhere. We got away with buffs, and a few dirty looks from fellow mask wearing passengers, but not the staff.

When a private security firm is doing an incompetent job, and by that I mean not up to the task, should it be wrong to insult them?
snow conditions
For those of you in France at the moment - have they been checking your pass sanitaire for restaurants and cafes?
latest report
Soozm wrote:
For those of you in France at the moment - have they been checking your pass sanitaire for restaurants and cafes?

Yes, but not everywhere.
snow report
@Soozm, yes I was very surprised today at being checked as I know the owner dude really well at the resto/bar, and he can be very relaxed, but he's very much adhering to the rules, similar to what he did in February when he was allowed to run the bar outside and mask-wearing was obligatory.

But no checks on the chair lift up from the valley.
snow conditions
Soozm wrote:
Most of the time.

However not in lifts - but that's only based on one day so far, the season's just about starting!
ski holidays
Just spent the weekend in Ste Foy for Pre season open weekend , great snow BTW , checking at lift office for pass but not on the lifts . They were however very strict with the wearing of face coverings in the lift Qs , especially when the gendarmes went for a ski !

Re restaurants went out for two mountain coffees , not asked or for an evening meal but was asked by someone who knows us very well when we went for lunch today .
latest report
@Idris, you can be critical without insulting....but you're not alone, am often bemused at how readily some people here throw personal insults around
latest report
In 3v at the moment. PS required in both establishments visited so far. Mask requirement varies from lift to lift. If you are obviously a group and are occupying a gondola on your own they don’t seem to mind if you don’t wear masks.
latest report
@kditrj2d, I take it NHS vaccination certificate with QR image met this requirement?
ski holidays
Yes, fine.
ski holidays
I'm so sorry for asking this when there are already 20,000 posts on 'passes and tests'; but is the 'Pass Sanitaire' the same as 'Tous Anti Covid'? Thanks.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Charliegolf, to all intents and purposes yes https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.covidpasscertificate.com/france-covid-pass-reopen-vaccinated-tourists
latest report
@motyl, Cheers.
snow report
For what it’s worth, insults should be directly to the person, in person, or not at all. The ensuing fracas will then give you a sense of perspective. I ignore most apres and certainly Brexit topics, because insult is the standard currency employed. Also way too much offence is taken by most people over any subject. People offend and are offended due to the medium employed, namely online. Sometimes I wish you had to communicate either by phone or even letter Confused
snow report
Chatel have put in place a “mass” testing Center so skiers can obtain a pass. They say results in 15 mins but can’t find anything on cost but I hope it is heavily subsidised by the Maire.

https://www.mairie-chatel.com/Actu-Vaccination?fbclid=IwAR1ohOkYJMHFGNVzJrVOeD70QqD7mCiCxG1GGrp9LTh268TSMmBHcWggcDI
snow conditions
One thing that puzzles me as well is the timing.... is it exactly 24 hours. Let's say I get the test at 11am so the next day I could ski until 11am when suddenly I will start getting refused at the lifts.

What if I use the lifts to get to a test centre and then for whatever reason can't get a test or the test is positive. I wouldn't then be able to use the test system to get back.

To me the best, most logical way is to be tested in the ski station either the evening before or early in the morning.
ski holidays
Yes it will be best to get it done at the conclusion of the ski day when there is more time for all involved. Mornings for us are usually frantic and involve mostly searching for missing bits of kids’ ski paraphernalia.
snow conditions
@Ozboy, but for example that Chatel link states "9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m." so difficult.
ski holidays
@Idris, @colinstone, Did they cross check your PS against some form of Photo Id such as passport / driving license / CdS ?
latest report
Layne wrote:
@Ozboy, but for example that Chatel link states "9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m." so difficult.

These hours are and only until 12 December new hours to be announced in the future . I suspect hours will ramp up for the holidays.
ski holidays
For anyone in the know:

Can you present your printed EU Digital Covid Certificate for scanning? My Irish mate has a valid one from Ireland but it isn't valid for the TAC app due to him having a Janssen jab.

Would the Irish QR code be accepted?
snow report
@bezthespaniard, the EU digital covid cert is perfectly scannable on the TAC Verif app, but given the dates you discussed on the other thread, will show that he doesn't qualify for the pass sanitaire.

Best way to prove/test this is, after 15th December, someone downloads the TousAntiCovid Verif app on their phone and scan his certificate and see what it says.
snow report
Timmycb5 wrote:
@bezthespaniard, the EU digital covid cert is perfectly scannable on the TAC Verif app, but given the dates you discussed on the other thread, will show that he doesn't qualify for the pass sanitaire.

Best way to prove/test this is, after 15th December, someone downloads the TousAntiCovid Verif app on their phone and scan his certificate and see what it says.

Just wondering if he will get away with showing the printed certificate. It doesn't mention the type of jab, it only says 'Fully Vaccinated' and has a QR code.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy