Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pass sanitaire for ski lifts in France

Poster: A snowHead
tomb wrote:
Ozboy wrote:
claireelizabeth wrote:
Ozboy wrote:
@skichampcouk, lots going on at the moment and latest is CH have imposed 10 day quarantine on U.K. Brits planning to ski in CH over xmas face a bigger issue right now but clearly an Omnicon knee jerk reaction and hopefully it will be clearer in a few weeks. We are off to Chatel as soon as kids break up and really hoping EU does not follow the Swiss.

We had already decided to cancel at the switch to daily testing was our watershed.

However we now cannot fly into Geneva....

So if you are a fully vaccinated adult, drive to France and are under 12 or over 16 - enjoy the skiing!

You can 100pct transit through Geneva. Someone just went online and completed a dummy entry form and we’re issued a QR code.

Would be interested to see if said person would actually make it through Geneva. Being issued a QR code is one thing, making it through in person is another.

Im due to flying into Geneva early January and don't know whether to change my flight to another airport yet Puzzled

They are going by plane in a couple of weeks and we are driving through CH on way to Chatel on 19/12. It is also stated on website that transit is okay as IIRC has been the case in all the previous lockdowns - we drove through CH last year on way to Germany and we were not stopped for checks.

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ozboy wrote:
tomb wrote:
Ozboy wrote:
claireelizabeth wrote:
Ozboy wrote:
@skichampcouk, lots going on at the moment and latest is CH have imposed 10 day quarantine on U.K. Brits planning to ski in CH over xmas face a bigger issue right now but clearly an Omnicon knee jerk reaction and hopefully it will be clearer in a few weeks. We are off to Chatel as soon as kids break up and really hoping EU does not follow the Swiss.

We had already decided to cancel at the switch to daily testing was our watershed.

However we now cannot fly into Geneva....

So if you are a fully vaccinated adult, drive to France and are under 12 or over 16 - enjoy the skiing!

You can 100pct transit through Geneva. Someone just went online and completed a dummy entry form and we’re issued a QR code.

Would be interested to see if said person would actually make it through Geneva. Being issued a QR code is one thing, making it through in person is another.

Im due to flying into Geneva early January and don't know whether to change my flight to another airport yet Puzzled

They are going by plane in a couple of weeks and we are driving through CH on way to Chatel on 19/12. It is also stated on website that transit is okay as IIRC has been the case in all the previous lockdowns - we drove through CH last year on way to Germany and we were not stopped for checks.

I do hope you're correct although as someone has mentioned already this morning, there are people being removed from Geneva bound flights who are not residents of Switzerland.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anyone found an AFNOR certified mask/neck warmer to buy?

La Plagne and 3V ones are sold out.

TIA
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Raceplate wrote:
Mr Marmot wrote:
I ask because it seems the TAC Verif app may only be legal when used by ‘authorised users’.

You're seriously worrying about nothing. Even if it was illegal, how would anyone know? You're downloading a publicly available app onto a private device and using it in a private environment...

Every waiter and shop assistant etc. in France has it on their mobile - what difference does it make if you have it? Its use is not tracked because I'm pretty sure that would be illegal.

Raceplate, I can assure you that I’m not worrying about anything! I only asked if someone on this site actually knew about the full terms and conditions of using the TAC VERIF application for verifying the TOUSANTICOVID app, and it appears that no-one does.

For your information I presume that the TAC VERIF app has been made available in the way it has been because that way is the quickest and easiest way of doing so in the circumstances of when and how it needed to be used. That this is in a way available to most people does not, in my opinion, indicate that it is obviously and automatically provided for the use of everyone. The system deals with personal data and that can obviously throw up all sorts of legal ramifications.

I have used an on-line translation application for the terms and conditions all users must accept before using the TAC VERIF app and they include the following…..

The use of the TAC Verif application is reserved for authorised people and authorised services in the framework of Law No. 2021-689 of 31st of May 2021 relating to the management of the exit from the health crisis and its application decrees No. 2021-669 of 1st June, 2021 prescribing the general measures necessary for the management of the end of the health crisis and No. 2021-724 amending the aforementioned decree.
You can check if you are eligible for the use of this application by referring to the legislation.
If you are not eligible to use the TAC VERIF application you may incur the predetermined penalties.

I considered trying to check who is ‘eligible for the use of the application by referring to the legislation’ but since that legislation consists of thousands of words, all in French ‘legalise’ I am just not ‘up to the job’ Eh oh!

Obviously, you should do whatever you think is best for you, but I will not be recommending anyone should consider using the TAC VERIF app. because I don’t know the legal implications of doing so. Eh oh! Eh oh!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timc wrote:
stevew wrote:
stevew wrote:
Timc wrote:
I've bought a couple of these for the PSB

https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/fr/forfait-ski/tour-de-cou-2/ according to the web page they are -

Filtering at 96%
Category 1, AFNOR standard,
Approved for 50 washes,
Suitable for children and adults,

10 Euros each posted to the UK.

Look like a normal buff but with thicker and finer mesh fabric.

Well I've just bought a pair of these order process was easy but a strange mix of English and French. Hope they turn up in time for the PSB.

I've also got one of the Buff ones coming, on top of the FFP2 masks required for the EasyJet flight.

Will surgical masks be OK for bars and restaurants?

Well my Buff mask and Rforce masks have turned up but now looking back at the La Plagne ones not sure if they are pick up or despatch, sent an email and awaiting a response Confused

Definitely post to U.K. I have ordered 2 on two different occasions and both turned up to my registered address within 4-5 days.

Well I go an email reply back today saying had been posted and lo and behold they turned up two hours later ..... look OK but think the Buff and Rforce ones look more substantial
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bezthespaniard wrote:

TIA

Have a look at this post. (I can't be bothered to type it all again).

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156661&start=200#4860018
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bezthespaniard wrote:

TIA

Buff are doing some and you can buy replacement filters.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
laurenamy25 wrote:
bezthespaniard wrote:

TIA

Buff are doing some and you can buy replacement filters.

Yes, both the Buff and Rforce ones I've got have those. Buff came with 5, Rforce 10
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Plagne covid snoods are showing as in stock...
https://boutique.la-plagne.com/en/en-attente-de-nom/souvenirs-de-la-plagne/tour-de-cou-covid-la-plagne
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stevew wrote:
Timc wrote:
stevew wrote:
stevew wrote:
Timc wrote:
I've bought a couple of these for the PSB

https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/fr/forfait-ski/tour-de-cou-2/ according to the web page they are -

Filtering at 96%
Category 1, AFNOR standard,
Approved for 50 washes,
Suitable for children and adults,

10 Euros each posted to the UK.

Look like a normal buff but with thicker and finer mesh fabric.

Well I've just bought a pair of these order process was easy but a strange mix of English and French. Hope they turn up in time for the PSB.

I've also got one of the Buff ones coming, on top of the FFP2 masks required for the EasyJet flight.

Will surgical masks be OK for bars and restaurants?

Well my Buff mask and Rforce masks have turned up but now looking back at the La Plagne ones not sure if they are pick up or despatch, sent an email and awaiting a response Confused

Definitely post to U.K. I have ordered 2 on two different occasions and both turned up to my registered address within 4-5 days.

Well I go an email reply back today saying had been posted and lo and behold they turned up two hours later ..... look OK but think the Buff and Rforce ones look more substantial

Ordered our La Plagne ones last Tuesday and nothing so far, not even a dispatch email yet ….. hope they arrive!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Our La Plagne masks took just shy of 2 weeks to arrive.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tris wrote:

Ok, thank you Eh oh!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
X5OT76 wrote:

Ordered our La Plagne ones last Tuesday and nothing so far, not even a dispatch email yet ….. hope they arrive!!

They don't do despatch emails, they just turn up in the post 5-6 days later
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A week to arrive here. They came in a hand written envelope, so I guess it's just taking time to post out.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Orderd my La plagne buff on the 20th Nov, it arrived on yesturday the 29th. No despatch email, it just rocked up.

Ive also bought a couple of Masque Mountain cat1 Noir from Snowleader which i think is also posted earlier on this thread. I find the La Plangne buff is slightly thicker, softer and nicer feel to it, but Snowleader buff fits better around the top of the nose with its shaped strip you can bend, thereby closing up the gap around the nose better. /end of short comparison review
snow report
Not unexpected, but VT have now announced The health pass will be compulsory in the ski lifts from 4 December.

https://www.valthorens.com/en/staying-with-us--useful-informations-1/covid-19-valthorens#Health%20pass%20and%20skilifts%20for%20this%20winter
snow report
so has Saint Gervais / Megeve, I think it is the whole of the Haute Savoie
snow report
Just tried the TAC app for my girlfriend. Was able to upload the 2nd vaccination and recovery certificates. However, i only got the thumbs up and confetti on the 2nd jab, it didn't do so on the recovery upload.

Good news is it looks like she'll be able to get a booster sorted prior to our trip.
latest report
Jonny996 wrote:
so has Saint Gervais / Megeve, I think it is the whole of the Haute Savoie

Here too......
latest report
Is there anything to stop anyone (including a kid) using another persons vaccination certificate to activate their Pass Sanitaire?

As far as I understand it when the person (bartender, restauranteur etc) scans it simply gives a Pass/No Pass result with no associated name/DOB/other information?

Not advocating it , just curious how robust the technology is..

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 30-11-21 17:25; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
For anyone seeking to book daily lateral flow tests in resort for their 12-15 year olds to validate their Pass Sanitaire, I've managed to do so through the "Doctolib" app and have booked appointments for every day with no up-front payment.

I was pointed in that direction by the La Rosiere tourist office, who provided me with the in-resort pharmacy's name, with which I registered through the app's search function and then selected daily appointments (currently available every 6-8 minutes). It's a pain in that it only offers three language options - none of which are English so much time was spent on Google translate - but at least we have one fewer stresses if all the other pieces of the jigsaw fall into place!
ski holidays
@Halitosis, that's great advice.
ski holidays
Hybridsnowman wrote:
Is there anything to stop anyone (including a kid) using another persons vaccination certificate to activate their Pass Sanitaire?

As far as I understand it when the person (bartender, restauranteur etc) scans it simply gives a Pass/No Pass result with no associated name/DOB/other information?

Not advocating it , just curious how robust the technology is..

The TAC Verif app scans QR codes including NHS ones and verifies either NON-VALIDE or VALIDE but it also, very definitely, gives ID info: first name, family name and date of birth (as encoded within the QR code)
If the identity card does not match the QR code…. whether staff look at it or act on it, who knows - it’s manic enough in normal lift queues so I doubt they’ll be meticulous.
snow report
@Halitosis. Thank you. I found the telephone no for the pharmacy by inserting pharmacy La Rosière Montvalezan into google and from there found the telephone no for them. I imagine for other resorts a similar search would provide the same information. English is spoken in the pharmacy.
latest report
With the passe sanitaire, is it just the QR code being verified or is it cross referenced with passport name does anyone know as my passport surname is different to my medical records?
latest report
When you scan a code with the TAC Verif app it displays first name, surname and date of birth (and a big green tick).
ski holidays
@always29, In TAC you can display in normal mode which just shows your name or in border mode which shows name, date of birth, vaccine, which dose and injection date. Who knows whether there is a master database behind it but knowing that both TAC and TAC verif work perfectly without a data connection I would guess that all the verif app does is check the consistency of data contained within the QR code.
snow conditions
X5OT76 wrote:
Tris wrote:

Ok, thank you Eh oh!

4 La Plagne masks ordered Saturday, arrived today Tuesday with a lovely covering letter and our address written in the nicest calligraphy - great service.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Grinning wrote:
X5OT76 wrote:
Tris wrote:

Ok, thank you Eh oh!

4 La Plagne masks ordered Saturday, arrived today Tuesday with a lovely covering letter and our address written in the nicest calligraphy - great service.

Wow that was fast!!
ski holidays
@Halitosis, how much will the tests be in resort?
snow report
Grinning wrote:
X5OT76 wrote:
Tris wrote:

Ok, thank you Eh oh!

Very fast, ordered 2 last Tuesday and still waiting for mine, hopefully come through soon.
snow conditions
@always29, there is no crossreference to any database, everything can be done offline. It simply reads the data (vaccine date, age, name etc) and applies the French rules to it. It should match your ID. If not be prepared to be able to explain and if necessary demonstrate why they are different in the unlikely event that the police check, very unlikely I know but better to be prepared.
snow report
My mate lives in Ireland and had the single dose Janssen jab.

Looks like he can’t get a Health Pass without a booster jab, which he hasn’t been offered in time for our trip…

What can he do? Any tips?
ski holidays
Is it an issue due to how long ago he had the vaccine? Those who have received the single dose janssen jab are otherwise recognised in France as being fully vaccinated.

The alternative will be daily antigen test.
snow conditions
7ncj wrote:
Is it an issue due to how long ago he had the vaccine? Those who have received the single dose janssen jab are otherwise recognised in France as being fully vaccinated.

The alternative will be daily antigen test.

New rules say Janssen jabbed people need a booster or the pass is invalid from 15th December.

Any idea how you get the daily antigen test in resort? VT in particular
snow conditions
They’ll need to find the nearest pharmacy that’s doing it. Ca. €25 a test.

https://www.sante.fr/cf/centres-depistage-covid.html

Or try the Doctorlib app
latest report
NickyJ wrote:
@Halitosis, how much will the tests be in resort?

To be honest I haven't asked and don't much care at this stage. I'm guessing between 20-30 euros?
snow conditions
@Chris_n, @Timc, thanks! Stupidly, realised there can't be a cross check at I was in Spain last week and I uploaded my vaccine qr code into my passenger locator form and it was fine! I did take my marriage certificate with me but no one checked it.
snow report
Pretty spot on…
Googling “Tignes Covid test” yields: En.tignes.net: “ covid-19 screening centre has been set up in Tignes le Lac to test anyone who needs to be screened (PCR or antigenic test). It is compulsory to make an appointment on 04 79 40 09 29. Please bring your Vitale card with you for the test. The tests are fully covered by the health insurance (foreign holidaymakers will have to pay from 7 July 2021: 44€ PCR / 25€ antigenic)”
@Halitosis,
snow conditions
A couple of questions about getting the Pass Sanitaire.

I've downloaded the TAC app, and I can't proceed to do anything without me allowing it to contact trace (ie allow it to use bluetooth) which I would rather not do. Is there a way of avoiding this?

Secondly, how do I import a QR code from the NHS app into the TAC app (should I manage to set it up that is)? How do I have the NHS app open with its QR code and have the TAC app open to scan it at the same time? Or do I have to use 2 phones, or download a PDF copy from the NHS app, print off a hard copy, and scan that?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy