Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pass sanitaire for ski lifts in France

Poster: A snowHead
Weathercam wrote:
@Ozboy, you should have seen the queues back in August in the pharmacy.

And as we know French don't exactly do queing that well, made even worse for us as we thought we'd booked an appointment?!

I might be being overly optimistic, but I'm hoping there will be a relatively small number of people getting tested. I imagine any EU nationals (including teens) will be fully jabbed, and therefore won't need testing, which will leave only the hardiest of Brits who aren't cancelling to get their teens tested.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevew wrote:
Timc wrote:
I've bought a couple of these for the PSB

https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/fr/forfait-ski/tour-de-cou-2/ according to the web page they are -

Filtering at 96%
Category 1, AFNOR standard,
Approved for 50 washes,
Suitable for children and adults,

10 Euros each posted to the UK.

Look like a normal buff but with thicker and finer mesh fabric.

Well I've just bought a pair of these order process was easy but a strange mix of English and French. Hope they turn up in time for the PSB.

I've also got one of the Buff ones coming, on top of the FFP2 masks required for the EasyJet flight.

Will surgical masks be OK for bars and restaurants?

Well my Buff mask and Rforce masks have turned up but now looking back at the La Plagne ones not sure if they are pick up or despatch, sent an email and awaiting a response Confused
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevew wrote:
stevew wrote:
Timc wrote:
I've bought a couple of these for the PSB

https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/fr/forfait-ski/tour-de-cou-2/ according to the web page they are -

Filtering at 96%
Category 1, AFNOR standard,
Approved for 50 washes,
Suitable for children and adults,

10 Euros each posted to the UK.

Look like a normal buff but with thicker and finer mesh fabric.

Well I've just bought a pair of these order process was easy but a strange mix of English and French. Hope they turn up in time for the PSB.

I've also got one of the Buff ones coming, on top of the FFP2 masks required for the EasyJet flight.

Will surgical masks be OK for bars and restaurants?

Well my Buff mask and Rforce masks have turned up but now looking back at the La Plagne ones not sure if they are pick up or despatch, sent an email and awaiting a response Confused

Definitely post to U.K. I have ordered 2 on two different occasions and both turned up to my registered address within 4-5 days.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Probably not but trying to be optimistic and make the best of it Eh oh!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timmycb5 wrote:
Weathercam wrote:
@Ozboy, you should have seen the queues back in August in the pharmacy.

And as we know French don't exactly do queing that well, made even worse for us as we thought we'd booked an appointment?!

I might be being overly optimistic, but I'm hoping there will be a relatively small number of people getting tested. I imagine any EU nationals (including teens) will be fully jabbed, and therefore won't need testing, which will leave only the hardiest of Brits who aren't cancelling to get their teens tested.

May not be as busy this season in February as GB half term holidays (W/c 12 Feb and 19 Feb) do not clash with Belgium while only schools off on week of 19 Feb clash with the Dutch North region.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Ozboy, I think the middle two weeks of the French school holidays in February (12th to 26th) will be absolutely rammed this season, there seems to be a massive demand from the French this season.
We list our apartment on a home exchange site and we are receiving about 2 to 3 requests a day from French families who want to go in the February holidays. We've have never had such demand on the home exchange site before.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@skichampcouk, bro in law has a ski shop. Normally at this time of year they get one email every couple of days or so, usually asking when the lifts open ...

This year they're struggling to keep up with rental bookings Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skichampcouk, I did see that but thought we clashed every year. Do you know why there is move demand this year?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think resorts will be busy, but I was specifically talking about testing at pharmacies. Presumably the only (or at least the cast majority) of people queueing for a test will be unvaccinated U.K. teenagers). And if this forum is anything to go by, there will be fewer of these than normal.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What a massive PITA.
Just paid the balance of out for holiday for Xmas to La Rosiere literally the day the announcement was made!
2 teenagers <16 who are UK vaccinated but can't prove it. No way of accessing 2nd jab even if wanted to.
Was accepting of 72 hr testing but 24 is going to make things impossible - even possibly staying in our O/N accomodation on drive down.

Really hope the resorts organise some sort of walk in centre for tourists - the limited capacity of the local pharmacies (30 tests /day), and need to book is going to be a big issue.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SW_skier wrote:
What a massive PITA.
Just paid the balance of out for holiday for Xmas to La Rosiere literally the day the announcement was made!
2 teenagers <16 who are UK vaccinated but can't prove it. No way of accessing 2nd jab even if wanted to.
Was accepting of 72 hr testing but 24 is going to make things impossible - even possibly staying in our O/N accomodation on drive down.

Really hope the resorts organise some sort of walk in centre for tourists - the limited capacity of the local pharmacies (30 tests /day), and need to book is going to be a big issue.

Have you checked that the chalet/hotel aren't open to postponing? We are in same situation and have just agreed with our chalet owner to put our booking back a year.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Have you checked that the chalet/hotel aren't open to postponing? We are in same situation and have just agreed with our chalet owner to put our booking back a year.

Very much thinking of trying to do just that - awaiting a response from tourist info and the pharmacy as to their planned capacity.
The local tourist offices need to get ahead of this one and try and reassure tourists.
We just need to know we will be able to get tested without driving down the valley each day and hunting for a testing venue.
On a recent trip to Portugal there were walk in testing centres around resort - that's all that's needed.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SW_skier wrote:
Quote:

Very much thinking of trying to do just that - awaiting a response from tourist info and the pharmacy as to their planned capacity.
The local tourist offices need to get ahead of this one and try and reassure tourists.
We just need to know we will be able to get tested without driving down the valley each day and hunting for a testing venue.
On a recent trip to Portugal there were walk in testing centres around resort - that's all that's needed.

If you are travelling via Geneva (as was our plan) then the issue May all be resolved anyway. Today's variant cases in the UK may mean we are added to Switzerland's red list, which would enable us to claim holiday cost via travel insurance.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was only announced a few days ago and will take some time for resorts to put together a mass testing plan as village pharmacies do not have the capacity. It seems they did not have advance warning but things are likely to become clearer in the next week.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have two questions:

Q1: does the pre travel (24hr) test for entry into France for 12yos count towards the pass sanitaire when transitting through France to Andorra? I.e. allowing access to things like services and shops en route.

Q2: If travelling on 19th December, will there be any issue with me (a double vaxxed adult) having the UK booster prior to travel - is there is a minimum period (eg, 7 days) you have to wait between being jabbed and travelling? Or is it better to wait until after the holiday to get my third dose...
ski holidays
As I understand it

A1, no, the pre entry test is only valid for entry into France. That said you shouldn’t need a PS for service stations and toilets unless you want to use the restaurant etc.

A2, as long as you have a valid bar code on your NHS app it doesn’t matter if that’s second or 3rd jab. Eventually it will once you hit the x months after second if you haven’t had the booster but for now it just needs to be valid.

I know some on here have said their hotel have said that they will accept the fit to fly/travel test to let the UK Teen check in but that’s their choice to bend the rules and I wouldn’t rely on that being widespread.
latest report
So if I'm understanding all the above correctly? If I had my second jab on the 20th July, my Pass Sanitare will be valid until the 20th Feb?
snow report
@Gassy222, yes Eh oh! Eh oh!
latest report
[quote="Ozboy"]@Gassy222, yes snowHead
snow report
Looks like Chatel are making plans. Let’s hope testing costs are subsidised to counter economic impact of any cancellations.

The Maire is also co-president of Savoie Mont Blanc region, which covers majority of French resorts, and can hopefully influence other resorts.

snow report
under a new name wrote:
@Susang73, and everyone else, I don't really think the French resorts are going to miss the english that much!

And the millions of Euros we spend over there every season? Puzzled
latest report
@Ozboy, There is more demand this year as nothing was opened in France last season and most people have not skied for a year or two or three.

Most people we know from the UK who have places in the Alps are arriving early this season and probably spending more time in the Alps this season than normal because of missing their fix last year.

Hasn't Boris just announced that they may be offering second vaccines in the UK to children aged 12 to 15 years old?

Still nearly 3 months to go until February half term so plenty of time for things to change.
ski holidays
@skichampcouk, lots going on at the moment and latest is CH have imposed 10 day quarantine on U.K. Brits planning to ski in CH over xmas face a bigger issue right now but clearly an Omnicon knee jerk reaction and hopefully it will be clearer in a few weeks. We are off to Chatel as soon as kids break up and really hoping EU does not follow the Swiss.
ski holidays
Also is it not possible to pay for your 12 to 15 year old to have a second vaccine in the UK?
Probably a lot cheaper than paying to test them every day on holiday.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 27-11-21 23:10; edited 1 time in total
latest report
skichampcouk wrote:
Also is it not possible to pay for your to 12 to 15 year old to have a second vaccine in the UK?

Unfortunately not.
latest report
skichampcouk wrote:
Also is it not possible to pay for your 12 to 15 year old to have a second vaccine in the UK?

Quite unbelievable isn’t it. Totally understandable when stocks were short but different now. Hopefully after Witty’s statement today (that the data from jabbing the teens has been reassuring as to safety) that they will be offered in due course.
That said, as noted we seem to have even bigger issues right now...
I also read France is proposing to update entry rules. Hope not as drastic as CH Confused
latest report
@skichampcouk, Numbers-wise, I suspect resorts will have plenty of demand for skiing. But the bars, shops, restaurants might be a lot quieter. My experience is that continental visitors tend to stay in apartments-particularly if owned by themselves-and Brits flash the cash, go out and spend more when they are there.
Bit like tourism here. Your average overseas tourist spends much more on holiday in the UK than a UK resident.
latest report
I popped to maison de tignes yesterday and asked what mask I needed for skiing, she said the ones we were wearing were fine, his is thinner because he has asthma, mine is home made with 4 layers. They do sell covid buffs for €36 each, so this seemed an ideal opportunity for them to upsell...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ozboy wrote:
@skichampcouk, lots going on at the moment and latest is CH have imposed 10 day quarantine on U.K. Brits planning to ski in CH over xmas face a bigger issue right now but clearly an Omnicon knee jerk reaction and hopefully it will be clearer in a few weeks. We are off to Chatel as soon as kids break up and really hoping EU does not follow the Swiss.

We had already decided to cancel at the switch to daily testing was our watershed.

However we now cannot fly into Geneva....

So if you are a fully vaccinated adult, drive to France and are under 12 or over 16 - enjoy the skiing!
snow conditions
Disappointing that you have to cancel, but it appears that you are still allowed to fly to Geneva in order to transit into France.
latest report
@Extremophile, so ... your masks ... pretty useless in actual operation, yeah? I am very pleased they were approved of however Laughing Laughing ... contagion theatre
snow report
Very officious at Eurotunnel this morning by French douane, scanning our COVID apps.

Big queues and was not that busy, high season will be crazy!
latest report
claireelizabeth wrote:
Ozboy wrote:

We had already decided to cancel at the switch to daily testing was our watershed.

So if you are a fully vaccinated adult, drive to France and are under 12 or over 16 - enjoy the skiing!

You can 100pct transit through Geneva. Someone just went online and completed a dummy entry form and we’re issued a QR code.
latest report
Ozboy wrote:
claireelizabeth wrote:
Ozboy wrote:

You can 100pct transit through Geneva. Someone just went online and completed a dummy entry form and we’re issued a QR code.

Would be interested to see if said person would actually make it through Geneva. Being issued a QR code is one thing, making it through in person is another.

Im due to flying into Geneva early January and don't know whether to change my flight to another airport yet Puzzled
ski holidays
@tomb, it's a bit binary, either you'll be fine (probably) or we will all be out on the streets with shotguns a la waking dead
ski holidays
Transiting Switzerland does currently seem to be an issue. I know someone who has just been removed from a GVA bound flight because they are not Swiss.
snow report
The question in transit through Swiss from Geneva airport is not clear, you have so many options.
You hire car from Swiss side & drive through Swiss to get to France without getting out, is that allowed?
You hire from French side but have to drive into Swiss to get to France, is that allowed?
You going to France but on public transport via Swiss train, is that allowed?
I’m due out 13th December, thinking I’ll leave it a couple of days to let dust settle & make a call in a week
snow conditions
I should say there does seem to be one silver lining to all of this, it looks like U.K. is coming in line with rest of Europe & giving our 12-15 year olds the second jab, so half term might actually be easier
ski holidays
skiinghamster wrote:
Transiting Switzerland does currently seem to be an issue. I know someone who has just been removed from a GVA bound flight because they are not Swiss.

That would be really annoying.

Mind you, I came back from Edinburgh in August and got refused boarding twice. An expensive trip.
snow report
skiinghamster wrote:

This was my worry! As mentioned elsewhere I may let the dust settle for a few days before making other arrangements!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy