Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pass sanitaire for ski lifts in France

Poster: A snowHead
Handy Turnip wrote:
pbsmith wrote:
denfinella wrote:
Steve Angus (on the Val d'Isere thread) has reported that, after 15th January 2022, the French pass sanitaire will only be valid if you have had your last jab in the last 6.5 months (or more specifically, 5 months + 6 weeks). That wasn't exactly what he said but I think that's the upshot of it... have I got that right?

If my maths is right, it could be an issue particularly for youngish adults in the UK (e.g. 40-somethings), who had their second jab a while ago but haven't been offered a booster yet.

Edit: I think it has to be in the last 7 months according to this article: https://www.ledauphine.com/sante/2021/11/25/rappel-de-vaccin-pour-tous-tests-pcr-pass-sanitaire-les-six-annonces-d-olivier-veran

5 months+ 6 weeks or 7 months ?? Any idea how or where we can get this confirmed ?

My eldest son who was double jabbed early on July 15th (due to my wonky immunocompromised status) would be ok for our trip on Jan 29th if it was 7 months but would miss out by 2 weeks if it was 5 months plus 6 weeks.

Thanks

In the same way that your eldest qualified for an early second jab, would he also qualify for an early booster i.e on Jan 15th?

Maybe but nothing has been approved yet, plus getting his first 2 early was a massive headache as its all outside of the offical NHS booking system and it needs GP/Consultant approval etc Plus it would need to be done the week it expires giving hom the 7 days to take effect so it was elligible. - All very tight Would be so much easier if was 7 months as maybe suggested ??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
swskier wrote:
I've just downloaded it, and added in my certificate no issues. Mine will run out on Boxing day, so i'll re upload again then, but for now, I know it works for me no issues.

Once the girlfriend returns home from work, i'll make a start on hers and report back!

But did you check it by using the TAC Verif as suggested by @rjj501 suggested?
Your message in response to the suggestion made was ‘thank you, I’ll give it a go’ so it seems you were going to try it.
I’m not sure if your last comment means you actually did test the TAC Verif suggestion, or not.
I ask because it seems the TAC Verif app may only be legal when used by ‘authorised users’.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mr Marmot wrote:
swskier wrote:
I've just downloaded it, and added in my certificate no issues. Mine will run out on Boxing day, so i'll re upload again then, but for now, I know it works for me no issues.

Once the girlfriend returns home from work, i'll make a start on hers and report back!

But did you check it by using the TAC Verif as suggested by @rjj501 ?
Your message in response to the suggestion made was ‘thank you, I’ll give it a go’ so it seems you were going to try it.
I’m not sure if your last comment means you actually did test the TAC Verif suggestion, or not.
I ask because it seems the TAC Verif app may only be legal when used by ‘authorised users’.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
LittleRos wrote:
snowdave wrote:
Jonny996 wrote:
am I correct in thinking you cant buy a second Jab for your teen in the UK?

Correct.

I did have an email from Compagnie de Mont Blanc, reminding me of the vaccination options. It stated that foreigners could get vaccinated at the centre in Passy, and that they would receive a French health pass if they did so. It's made me wonder about getting my eldest done out there - not (unlike everyone else it seems!) because of skiing convenience, but because it has clear health benefits obvious to almost anyone not on the JCVI. However, the logistics of proving the first vaccine remain problematic, so the French system would see the second one as the first...

Are they suggesting that non-resident foreigners may be able to be vaccinated in France then? Any indication of price? The doctolib website has crashed so can’t check at the moment…

That was the implication - the text is as follows (but the resident/non-resident bit isn't clear):

Where to get vaccinated?
Find the nearest vaccination centre online on Doctolib : https://www.doctolib.fr/vaccination-covid-19/passy/centre-de-vaccination-covid-19-ville-de-passy

For people with a French social security number: you must come with your ID card, your Carte Vitale and your personal vaccination card against Covid-19 in the event of a 2nd injection
For people of foreign nationality without a Carte Vitale: a provisional social security number or a QR Code allowing recognition of vaccination abroad will be given to you during your vaccination.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Layne, I was just pointing out that the pass sanitaire is not enforced as rigorously as perhaps intented. The implication being that it will not be checked at every lift every time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
johnE wrote:
@Layne, I was just pointing out that the pass sanitaire is not enforced as rigorously as perhaps intented. The implication being that it will not be checked at every lift every time.

Ah OK, yeah that is for sure.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just had to cancel a planned trip with friends in February because of the regs change (thank goodness it had free cancellation!). All of us are <30 and it would have been too long for at least half us between our second jabs and the end of the holiday. Could not be dealing with daily Covid tests (which assumes they’re all negative, still no idea what would be required were one of us to test positive).

It’s such a shame. Thank goodness I’m going over new year as well which will *just* mean that my vaccine status is still valid.

Make that trip number 3 down the drain due to Covid. Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
From The Local today:

The situation for Britons who have not had a booster seven months after their second dose is not clear at present. It is likely to follow the same rules as those vaccinated in the EU or Schengen zone, but The Local has asked for further clarification on this point.

It's a work in progress............
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here in France it's very simple, if you're under 65, then from the 15th January your Passe Sanitaire will expire 7 months after your 2nd jab if you don't have a booster
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you're over 65, then the same applies from 15th December
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@KenX, how do they calculate 7 months do you know? Is it 7 calendar months or 210 days?

@snowdave, thanks - as you say it’s not hugely clear!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
LittleRos wrote:
@KenX, how do they calculate 7 months do you know? Is it 7 calendar months or 210 days?

7 months means....... 7 months
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
^
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
KenX wrote:
Here in France it's very simple, if you're under 65, then from the 15th January your Passe Sanitaire will expire 7 months after your 2nd jab if you don't have a booster

Is it 100% - definitely - absolutley sure Laughing that its 7 months from 2nd jab ? 5 months plus 6 weeks has been mentioned a couple of times previously in the thread
7 months we are ok, 5 months +6weeks we are not Sad
Thanks
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
5 months is the minimum delay for the booster after jab 2, 7 months the maximum, of course it could all change!
snow report
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2021/nov/26/uk-skiers-urged-to-get-vaccinated-and-book-with-reputable-travel-firms
Quote:
In France, the government has emphasised that ski resorts will remain open. However, the French government has just reintroduced mandatory mask-wearing in a wide variety of indoor public spaces. Those that are unvaccinated must provide a negative Covid test every 24 hours – even to enter ski lifts.

On Thursday, ministers announced that France’s vaccine passport, which is already mandatory for bars, restaurants, and entertainment venues, would be extended to ski lifts. Anyone over the age of 12 will need to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated; or have a negative current PCR; or the result of a positive PCR or antigen test showing recovery from Covid-19 that dates back at least 11 days and less than six months from infection.
snow conditions
So, just to absolutely clarify, passe sanitaire will be required for ski lifts?

I have a 12 and a 15 yo (single vaxxed), they will be required to test "daily" in order to ski and eat out?

Prices for antigen tests appear to be around 25 euro....so 50 euro per day. We are booked for 3 weeks, which is roughly 1000 euro additional (!)

...and that's before we mention the fact that the resort pharmacy only appears to have capacity for 15 tests a day and the next nearest town is an hours drive....

Is anyone with teenagers still going?
ski holidays
Question for those Brits with experience/knowledge of getting vaccinated in France?

There have been a couple of posts about foreigners being able to get vaccinated in France. I have a 13 year old who has 1 jab. We are skiing in December and again at Feb Half-Term….. if I could get him a 2nd jab in December he would have a Pass Sanitaire for Feb. Does anyone know if this would be a possibility?
snow conditions
pdsguy wrote:
Question for those Brits with experience/knowledge of getting vaccinated in France?

I'm French living in UK and not teen but if this can help....... My 1st dose done in France then back to UK, 2nd dose done in UK. Both AstraZeneca. I provided my french document when 2nd dose was made and it was registered into NHS application. I then scan my UK QR code into TousAntiCovid. Both UK and French Apps are showing my full vaccination.
snow conditions
claireelizabeth wrote:

I have a 12 and a 15 yo (single vaxxed), they will be required to test "daily" in order to ski and eat out?

Prices for antigen tests appear to be around 25 euro....so 50 euro per day. We are booked for 3 weeks, which is roughly 1000 euro additional (!)

...and that's before we mention the fact that the resort pharmacy only appears to have capacity for 15 tests a day and the next nearest town is an hours drive....

Pass sanitaire not required on lifts yet, though the expectation is they will announce it on Tuesday to take effect on Saturday Dec 4.

Testing capacity will be a big issue. Tignes have setup a testing centre: https://en.tignes.net/informations-covid-19 But our resort is silent on this so far.

Our trip is too late for a refund so we'll be going anyway with teenager. If the pharmacy is full we'll just have to drive down to the valley every evening. All in all it's going to be a big stress, and I wish I'd never booked France.
snow report
Contacting Les Menuires for us, to get a feel for their testing facilities and how practical it will be. We are DIY and can cancel everything before 6th December for departure on the 11th. As we are planning to ski again at Easter, our default will be to bin it this time around.
ski holidays
pdsguy wrote:

There have been a couple of posts about foreigners being able to get vaccinated in France. I have a 13 year old who has 1 jab. We are skiing in December and again at Feb Half-Term….. if I could get him a 2nd jab in December he would have a Pass Sanitaire for Feb. Does anyone know if this would be a possibility?

I looked into driving my teenager over to Calais for the day and going to walk-in centre for their second jab -- it's £100 return on Le Shuttle, and Boulogne-sur-Mer has a vaccination centre open weekends avec plages sans RDV (without appointment).

Unfortunately I don't think they will vaccinate non-residents: https://www.connexionfrance.com/Practical/Your-Questions/Covid-France-Can-foreign-residents-get-booster-without-carte-Vitale

Another problem would be convincing the vaccination centre they are administering the second dose. The only proof of their first jab is a printout from the GP; no NHS QR code is available.
latest report
HilbertSpace wrote:
claireelizabeth wrote:

Pass sanitaire not required on lifts yet, though the expectation is they will announce it on Tuesday to take effect on Saturday Dec 4.

Testing capacity will be a big issue. Tignes have setup a testing centre: https://en.tignes.net/informations-covid-19 But our resort is silent on this so far.

Our trip is too late for a refund so we'll be going anyway with teenager. If the pharmacy is full we'll just have to drive down to the valley every evening. All in all it's going to be a big stress, and I wish I'd never booked France.

Grand Massif here - and no information on testing, just 15 per day at local pharmacy. We also have limited time to cancel, so have to make a decision "now"....
snow report
Mr Marmot wrote:
Raceplate wrote:
Anyone can download TAC Verif. It's in the play store.

I know that but have you downloaded it and used it yourself?

My French translation skills are not the greatest but it seems it is ‘réservé aux personnes habilitées et services autorisés dans le cadre de la Loi no 2021-689’ …….etc.

Would we be breaking French Laws by using it?

Yes. Been using it since July and still have it now. It's the best way to check that any certificate you have will be accepted before embarrassing yourself at a restaurant entrance etc.

If you were breaking French laws by using it as a member of the general public, why would it be available for download to the general public??
snow conditions
Mr Marmot wrote:

You're seriously worrying about nothing. Even if it was illegal, how would anyone know? You're downloading a publicly available app onto a private device and using it in a private environment...

Every waiter and shop assistant etc. in France has it on their mobile - what difference does it make if you have it? Its use is not tracked because I'm pretty sure that would be illegal.
snow report
claireelizabeth wrote:

Grand Massif here - and no information on testing, just 15 per day at local pharmacy. We also have limited time to cancel, so have to make a decision "now"....

We're also Grand Massif, in Flaine. And there's only one small pharmacy... Are you also going there? And how did you discover there were only 15 appointments per day -- I can't find anything online.
snow conditions
HilbertSpace wrote:
claireelizabeth wrote:

We're also Grand Massif, in Flaine. And there's only one small pharmacy... Are you also going there? And how did you discover there were only 15 appointments per day -- I can't find anything online.

I'm slightly guessing but it looks the same as les carroz...
https://www.aracheslafrasse.fr/covid-19-ou-realiser-ses-tests-pcr-et-antigeniques/?fbclid=IwAR25akxNH3E8-zI9M33QoISGJDOv9HahRtyzXcb1GQAYrAF7tJpVElvyCCQ
snow report
For those with 12 - 15 YO, do you need to be tested at a pharmacy or will these be accepted https://officialrapidtests.com/products/rapid-test?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm9yqpt-29AIVuYFQBh3nCgVuEAAYASAAEgJ0LfD_BwE
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Avago wrote:
For those with 12 - 15 YO, do you need to be tested at a pharmacy or will these be accepted https://officialrapidtests.com/products/rapid-test?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm9yqpt-29AIVuYFQBh3nCgVuEAAYASAAEgJ0LfD_BwE

Pharmacy....
ski holidays
HilbertSpace wrote:
... If the pharmacy is full we'll just have to drive down to the valley every evening. ...

That's only going to work if it is a walk-in, or if one can get an evening appointment - in competition with everyone else. Even a walk-in wouldn't be ideal if there is a 2 hour queue each evening. And if the only available appointments are at say midday it would be a complete pain.
latest report
ecureuil wrote:
HilbertSpace wrote:
... If the pharmacy is full we'll just have to drive down to the valley every evening. ...

That's only going to work if it is a walk-in, or if one can get an evening appointment - in competition with everyone else. Even a walk-in wouldn't be ideal if there is a 2 hour queue each evening. And if the only available appointments are at say midday it would be a complete pain.

I'm only trying to look at the bright side...

Can always make a day trip to Switzerland. They don't care about 12-15. And it's only 2hrs to Le Chable from Flaine -- I've spent that long in traffic before to Hemel Hempstead!
snow report
Passe Sanitaire required from Dec 4 so long as the incidence rate remains over 200, could be a lot of yo-yoing over the coming months........
snow conditions
Raceplate wrote:
Mr Marmot wrote:

You're seriously worrying about nothing. Even if it was illegal, how would anyone know? You're downloading a publicly available app onto a private device and using it in a private environment...

Every waiter and shop assistant etc. in France has it on their mobile - what difference does it make if you have it? Its use is not tracked because I'm pretty sure that would be illegal.

Exactly.

p.s. I have the French, Italian and Swiss verif apps on my phone. Mind you, I'm now wearing a mask in public in case they recognise me Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
HilbertSpace wrote:
ecureuil wrote:
HilbertSpace wrote:

I'm only trying to look at the bright side...

Can always make a day trip to Switzerland. They don't care about 12-15. And it's only 2hrs to Le Chable from Flaine -- I've spent that long in traffic before to Hemel Hempstead!

All I can say is "good luck"! We can cancel fortunately, so we have. We have tried phoning Flaine pharmacy, but it's not open yet.
latest report
(Newbie here. Think my post belongs better here than in the other thread. Am c+p-ing...)

France, for families with teens under 16, is a nightmare. We are trying to postpone our trip for a year.

The single UK vaccine (that's all they get here) counts for nothing out there, so they will have to be tested, in resort, every 24 hours. More ski time lost, as they queue, get tested, wait for results. More money (€22 per child, per day).

I suspect there will be a few cracking last minute deals for fully vaccinated travellers, as families like us can't face the hassle, so cancel/postpone trips.

(Anyone looking for a corking chalet in Tignes Les Brev for New Year week? Crying or Very sad )
snow conditions
@claireelizabeth, We're just waiting to hear the testing details from Les Menuires to see how practical it might be...but I am 90% sure we will cancel. We've done DIY so will carry over flights to another holiday-everything else can be cancelled FOC.
Feel sorry for those travelling with Tour Operators-I presume their line (understandably given the last two years they've had) will be that the resort is open, travel is possible....so no refund? We've got friends in a Mottaret chalet the same week as us who are trying to find out where they lie.
snow report
tutter wrote:
(Newbie here. Think my post belongs better here than in the other thread. Am c+p-ing...)

France, for families with teens under 16, is a nightmare. We are trying to postpone our trip for a year.

The single UK vaccine (that's all they get here) counts for nothing out there, so they will have to be tested, in resort, every 24 hours. More ski time lost, as they queue, get tested, wait for results. More money (€22 per child, per day).

I suspect there will be a few cracking last minute deals for fully vaccinated travellers, as families like us can't face the hassle, so cancel/postpone trips.

(Anyone looking for a corking chalet in Tignes Les Brev for New Year week? Crying or Very sad )

Feel really bad for those affected. I would not lose all hope yet as it will be in the resorts best interest to setup mass testing facilities - afterall they are lateral flow tests and all get be done on the spot. It’s unlikely you will lose ski time as you can have your child tested in the evening as passes are valid for 24 hours. Resorts are probably getting their heads around this and will find a way.
snow report
Football stadiums in the UK have pop up testing for match days so no reason why the resorts can't do something similar.

Would be great if opposite a bar, send teen off for the test while you get a table and order them a hot chocolate!! Even if the adults took it in turns to wait with them would be sort of civilised and not too much of pain.
latest report
@Ozboy, you should have seen the queues back in August in the pharmacy.

And as we know French don't exactly do queing that well, made even worse for us as we thought we'd booked an appointment?!
ski holidays
@Susang73, and everyone else, I don't really think the French resorts are going to miss the english that much!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy