Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pass sanitaire for ski lifts in France

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Do you know if an antigen test every 24 hours will be enough, or will it need to be a PCR every 24 hours? How much approximately will the tests cost in the ski resorts?

I've read somewhere that it's both antigen and PCR (not sure how you can turnaround a PCR result that quickly?). Antigen about 22 Euros each and PCR 44 Euros or so? We're meant to be going to Tignes and I read that they were setting up a testing site in Le Lac with mandatory advance booking - but they are currently setting up a website to do this. But will be interesting in what times that will operate as surely people will want to go start/end of ski day which will be impossible to cater for.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Weathercam wrote:
@snowdave, if you did get it done in France, it would then not be recognised by the NHS App.

Yep, tho' at present that's a non-issue, since the NHS app does nothing for an <16yr old anyway; a French vaccine passport would be much more useful!

However, we've concluded that the likely outcome is that, JCVI will eventually reach the same conclusion as many of its international peers and opt for second jabs, so the difference could be between second shot in December vs second shot in Jan/Feb. Makes Xmas skiing inconvenient, but the benefit from an extra month of full protection is limited vs the later hassle of merging vaccination records.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think that by half term all UK teens will have had the option of double vaccination as 16 yr olds can have it now and the 12-15s are a couple of months behind. Surely by then the UK government will have worked out a way for this age group to prove their vaccine status. I think it is going to be tricky for people with 12-15 yr olds going at Christmas. If I were in that position I would pay for daily tests if that were what was required. Anything to go skiing! It would be frustrating from a financial point of view but reassuring in the sense that the stricter the measures are the less the chance of picking up covid and having the holiday ruined.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We’re going to go for it for Christmas and take the pain. As much the inconvenience as the extra cost (let’s face it you can burn through a couple of hundred euros in a night out, so just one less dinner out). I might cancel NY though as that has a deadline of 3/12 and give Jrs nose a rest. Hopefully by Easter he’ll have had his second jab and be able to prove it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Having ranted at length for most of the day about the situation, I think we are tending towards putting up with it. We're all desperate to go skiing-particularly the girls-and have everything else in place for Les Menuires. Looked at Switzerland, but it would be more expensive for ski hire and accommodation, so if we've decided to go somewhere, we might as well bite the bullet at stick with France. Rather than go for a post ski drink, we'll take the girls for a test-in December it gets dark early so it's not as if we will lose skiing time. Basically, it's £200 which will get spent on testing rather than in bars and restaurants.
We are lined up for Tignes at the start of the Easter holidays so can only hope and pray the Science Gods and App Pointy Heads sort things out by then.
Will get a colleague who speaks French to call the Tourist Office in Les Menuires in the next couple of days are see what the testing arrangements will be-where, appointment system, cost etc.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@snowhound, someone said on another thread (although exactly which escapes me) they had checked and there would be a big testing centre in Les Menuires and can imagine they would be well set up for it there.

Those who are thinking of going ahead next month despite the testing I would encourage wholeheartedly. Who knows what's round the corner, new SA variant on the horizon that will hopefully fizzle out but we must all take our chances where we can!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Skimum1, Yep, should be quiet too when we are there (11-18 December); particularly given this is a problem affecting mainly UK teenagers and most of our schools haven't broken up by then.
The snow forecast next week pretty much sealed the deal on going.
I'll post whatever I find out from Les Menuries re. testing.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@snowhound, that’s a good point actually. This is only going to effect U.K. kids. And only those aged between 12-15 really. Will the queues to get a test really be that bad?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Timmycb5, Yep, ours are at private so they get a shorter term in return for the fees...Smile
Fingers crossed for our week, but wouldn't want to be there over half term or New Year.....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@snowhound, according to the Les Menuires website, the medical centre in resort will be where the testing will be carried out, it is in the croisette area.

cut and pasted from website below

"Where can I get tested?
Menuires Medical Centre (open 7 days a week in winter) and the pharmacy in Saint-Martin-de-Belleville provide lateral flow tests with a reservation.

You can also book to get a PCR test at the Synlab laboratory in Moûtiers or by contacting one of the nurses in the valley on +33 7 86 26 46 02. It will be possible to do PCR tests this winter directly in Les Menuires (details to come)."

its not clear if both LM and ST.martin require reservations, or just ST-Martin?

I am going with my daughters in Feb., one will be fully jabbed with access to the NHS app, the other is 15 and single jabbed but recently recovered from covid, so looks like we will be traipsing to the medical centre every day for her to get tested. Though to be fair, we are staying very close to it, and we are resigned to the fact that we have to do it if we want to ski.

hopefully, the situation will be different by then

good luck for your trip in a few weeks time (looks like the much needed snow is on its way in the next few days)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
It's a formality to get a new photo license. Not sure of the current times, but would expect it to be back before Christmas.Worth applying for if you intend skiing this season.

I read fairly recently that the DVLA is still apparently blaming covid rolling eyes for a current five month Shocked delay in processing replacement licences...

I applied online to replace a lost paper licence on Sunday evening and received the new one today.

DVLA processing of online stuff is really quick at the moment. It's postal applications that are slow. I did a v5 change for a customer a couple of weeks ago and it took Inger 2 days to arrive.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Passe Sanitaire threshold breached, 213/100,000 now, next step an announcement.........
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bear in mind ski resorts aren't the government's top priority, so don't hold your breath.....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can't find the reference now but I believe I read that Castex announced that any changes for ski resorts would be made on a Tuesday for implementation from the following Saturday.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Correct
snow conditions
@Timc, he did say that, although given very few places are open right now, he could announce tomorrow for implementation week Monday with precious little lost.
snow report
Steve Angus (on the Val d'Isere thread) has reported that, after 15th January 2022, the French pass sanitaire will only be valid if you have had your last jab in the last 6.5 months (or more specifically, 5 months + 6 weeks). That wasn't exactly what he said but I think that's the upshot of it... have I got that right?

If my maths is right, it could be an issue particularly for youngish adults in the UK (e.g. 40-somethings), who had their second jab a while ago but haven't been offered a booster yet.

Edit: I think it has to be in the last 7 months according to this article: https://www.ledauphine.com/sante/2021/11/25/rappel-de-vaccin-pour-tous-tests-pcr-pass-sanitaire-les-six-annonces-d-olivier-veran

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 26-11-21 1:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Gazzza wrote:
The update here : https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-sanitaire
(using googles auto translate)
...suggests everyone 18-65 MUST have third jab from 15 Jan

Quote:
POINT POSITION
The validity of the "health pass" will be conditioned on the booster dose from December 15 for adults 65 years and over.
The validity of the "health pass" will be conditioned on the booster dose from January 15 for adults aged 18-65.
The validity of RT-PCR and antigen tests for the "sanitary pass" is reduced to 24 hours from November 29.

Sorry if I’m being thick here, but does this mean that prior to Jan 15 all rules remain as is?
snow report
@rainman, under 65 yo, yes, although you can get your booster.

I'm assuming abfairly direct correlation between appointments made and boosters delivered, France has been running at 130k jabs a day of late, post announcement they had 500,000 appointments made.

Pretty good!
snow conditions
Posted this in the Val D thread, but will double post here.

Our situation:

Arrive to Meribel 14th January

Girlfriend (31), double jabbed, quite early as she works for the Police and bagged an early slot. First jab around February, second around May. Contracted and recovered from Covid in October.

Myself (31), double jabbed, first jab June, second jab August.

It'll be 5 months + 1 week from my second jab when we arrive, and it'll be about 3 months after recovery for the girlfriend.

From everyones knowledge, does that mean we will be ok or not for a pass sanitaire? Very tempted to cancel our Airbnb and head somewhere in Switzerland instead. (assuming we're ok to enter there, need to check regs)
ski holidays
@swskier, I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong, but my 'Recovery Cert' doesn't work in France (my 2nd jab is still valid though - phew), although France do accept recovery certs in theory, just the NHS one doesn't seem to compute.

If you download TAC Verif app (get it on the app store/play store) you can scan your gf's recovery cert QR code and it will give you the thumbs up or thumbs down.

You're fine for your pass. You're good til 7 months post 2nd jab.
snow conditions
@rjj501, thank you, i'll give it a go.

March and April's trips could well be another story, but worry about that another day!
snow report
@swskier Unlike the 2nd jab which takes 7 days to be recognised in TAC, the booster should take effect immediately. So your girlfriend needs booster jab by Jan 13, and they should offer 30+ boosters way before then. Go straight to walk in clinic -- much faster than waiting for an appointment.
snow report
denfinella wrote:
Steve Angus (on the Val d'Isere thread) has reported that, after 15th January 2022, the French pass sanitaire will only be valid if you have had your last jab in the last 6.5 months (or more specifically, 5 months + 6 weeks). That wasn't exactly what he said but I think that's the upshot of it... have I got that right?

If my maths is right, it could be an issue particularly for youngish adults in the UK (e.g. 40-somethings), who had their second jab a while ago but haven't been offered a booster yet.

Edit: I think it has to be in the last 7 months according to this article: https://www.ledauphine.com/sante/2021/11/25/rappel-de-vaccin-pour-tous-tests-pcr-pass-sanitaire-les-six-annonces-d-olivier-veran

Over 40's can have their booster now as long as it is 6mths since your last jab - the NHS app allow you to book in advance from 5mths. So with a bit of planning you can have it done to the 6mths to the day after your last jab.
ski holidays
rjj501 wrote:
@swskier, ……………If you download TAC Verif app (get it on the app store/play store) you can scan your gf's recovery cert QR code and it will give you the thumbs up or thumbs down. ……..

Have you tried this?

My understanding is the use of the TAC Verif is restricted to ‘authorised users’ only.
snow conditions
Anyone can download TAC Verif. It's in the play store.
snow conditions
Raceplate wrote:
Anyone can download TAC Verif. It's in the play store.

I know that but have you downloaded it and used it yourself?

My French translation skills are not the greatest but it seems it is ‘réservé aux personnes habilitées et services autorisés dans le cadre de la Loi no 2021-689’ …….etc.

Would we be breaking French Laws by using it?
latest report
I've just downloaded it, and added in my certificate no issues. Mine will run out on Boxing day, so i'll re upload again then, but for now, I know it works for me no issues.

Once the girlfriend returns home from work, i'll make a start on hers and report back!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weathercam wrote:
@snowdave, if you did get it done in France, it would then not be recognised by the NHS App.

I had 1st dose in France and 2nd dose in UK. I just provide 1st dose certificat when gave me the 2nd dose. Both NHS App and TousAntiCovid App are showing I am fully vaccinated.
latest report
Can I recap.

I understood that if the "the trigger threshold as outlined by the French government of 200 cases per 100,000 residents may be reached" then PS would be required for using the ski lifts (one source: https://lesmenuires.com/en/covid)

And it is now 246 (one source: https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/france/)

But... as I understand it there has been no announcement that PS will be required on ski lifts?

Is that all correct?

Is there are next milestone/trigger point when this may come into force?

As a secondary the Les Menuires site says " If this is the case, the Health Pass will be compulsory to use the ski lifts and random verifications will be carried out during boarding." so it sounds like they may do a bit of checking at base lifts but I should imagine beyond that they won't do much checking.

All a royal PIA on top of everything else.
snow report
@Layne, In France last weekend most, but not all, venues were requesting pass sanitiares all the time.
snow report
@johnE, I am talking about ski lifts only which this thread is about.
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@jedster, and US, Switzerland, Italy,Germany, Ireland,Spain….

agreed - but my point was this is a case where its not the politicians TRYING to be different from other countries - in fact they have been pushing the scientists to a similar outcome
ski holidays
snowdave wrote:
Jonny996 wrote:
am I correct in thinking you cant buy a second Jab for your teen in the UK?

Correct.

I did have an email from Compagnie de Mont Blanc, reminding me of the vaccination options. It stated that foreigners could get vaccinated at the centre in Passy, and that they would receive a French health pass if they did so. It's made me wonder about getting my eldest done out there - not (unlike everyone else it seems!) because of skiing convenience, but because it has clear health benefits obvious to almost anyone not on the JCVI. However, the logistics of proving the first vaccine remain problematic, so the French system would see the second one as the first...

Are they suggesting that non-resident foreigners may be able to be vaccinated in France then? Any indication of price? The doctolib website has crashed so can’t check at the moment…
ski holidays
It is significant to me because we will not be going into any public spaces - just using the lift system. And if PS not needed I don't need to have the teenagers tested.
latest report
@Layne, in fact mine would prefer to have take away pizza every night, allowing wife & I to have adult dinners but I can’t see them not introducing the PS for skiing
ski holidays
@Layne, Certainly as of this morning, per Riviera Radio (Cote d'Azur/Alpes Maritimes) stations will be randomly checking skiers for their PSs.
snow report
@Jonny996, Agreed, but it seems contradictory when I gather you can use some public transport in France without the PS.
Shows this decision has very little to do with preventing transmission, and is mostly a kick up the collective Gallic backside to improve vaccination rates.
And in this mission, UK young teenagers are understandably way down the priority list of the France Government and are therefore acceptable collateral damage.
ski holidays
denfinella wrote:

5 months+ 6 weeks or 7 months ?? Any idea how or where we can get this confirmed ?

My eldest son who was double jabbed early on July 15th (due to my wonky immunocompromised status) would be ok for our trip on Jan 29th if it was 7 months but would miss out by 2 weeks if it was 5 months plus 6 weeks.

Thanks
snow report
pbsmith wrote:
denfinella wrote:

5 months+ 6 weeks or 7 months ?? Any idea how or where we can get this confirmed ?

My eldest son who was double jabbed early on July 15th (due to my wonky immunocompromised status) would be ok for our trip on Jan 29th if it was 7 months but would miss out by 2 weeks if it was 5 months plus 6 weeks.

Thanks

In the same way that your eldest qualified for an early second jab, would he also qualify for an early booster i.e on Jan 15th?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy