Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pass sanitaire for ski lifts in France

Poster: A snowHead
@achilles, no testing required at all for fully vaccinated. If you are over 65, then fully vaccinated means having the booster also.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowhound wrote:
@under a new name, I blame them entirely! Although I do question the entire principle behind vaccine passports (given the limited effect vaccines have on transmission), it is each country's right to make its own decisions and at least they are being applied consistently to both nationals and foreign tourists. It is UK's fault for not keeping up.

The idea of vaccine passports is to increase take up of vaccines in the host nation. There would be even more demonstrations / trouble if the same rules were not applied to foreigners.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
trmacc wrote:
Motherofthree wrote:
We have two teenagers, 13 and 15, and I really hope it will be sufficient for them to do an antigen test every 72 hours. Even if my 15 year old was to get a 2nd dose before we go to France at Christmas, there is currently no way for him to prove that he has had a second dose, as he won't get a QR code.

In Scotland you can get children's status and a QR code via NHS Inform website, so not sure why it is still not possible in England?

I know, I wonder that too. I have been calling my GP surgery on more than one occasion to try to get written proof that my son tested postive for Covid in the summer, and to get a QR code showing his one vaccination, but it seems to be impossible unfortunately.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
MHskier wrote:
Oldest one now fully jabbed but 13 yr old only had one with no prospect of another before feb half term. Daily queuing at a town chemist in Italy for an expensive LFT sounds like a bit of a potential show stopper...:-<

Well, yes, if you're going to cross the border into Italy every time to get the LFTs for your Pass Sanitaire then it would be a lot of hassle. Toofy Grin

(This thread is about requirements in France. Let's not confuse it further by talking about other countries.)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HilbertSpace wrote:
The 24hr thing not a done deal yet. Should find out in the press conference at 11:30GMT.

lots of parents waiting on this announcement
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Live now, if you speak French

https://www.bfmtv.com/sante/en-direct-3e-dose-pour-tous-pass-sanitaire-les-annonces-du-gouvernement-attendues-a-la-mi-journee_LN-202111250184.html
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@HilbertSpace, thanks, couldn't find it anywhere
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bug. Looks like it will be 24 hours
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mandatory wearing of masks inside, and at events such as Xmas markets, decree tomorrow

New antiviral pill available to vulnerable people from December prescribed by Doctors

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 25-11-21 13:05; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
la validité des tests PCR réduite à 24h
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Also 7 months to receive the booster, or you won't be considered fully vaxxed
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Time to hit Airbnb for Switzerland then.
Any recommendations for decent sized resorts which are good for intermediates?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Timmycb5 wrote:
Also 7 months to receive the booster, or you won't be considered fully vaxxed
Cripes, that means my wife needs to get her's as soon as possible after 6 month, as her 7 monthiversary is just before our trip out.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
12:59
PCR and antigen tests will only have a 24-hour value for the health pass
While access to the health pass was possible with a PCR or antigen test of less than 72 hours, this will no longer be the case from Monday, November 29, announced Olivier Véran.

12:58
From January 15, the health pass will no longer work without a 3rd dose
"As of January 15, the health pass for all French people between the ages of 18 and 65 will no longer be active. Those affected will have 2 months to take their third dose. You will have between the 5th and the 7th month after your second injection. to make your recall ", explained Olivier Véran.

Copied from Google translate summary of BFM tv
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Timc, good review on France 24

No mention of ski-touring Laughing
ski holidays
13:05
"We can succeed in crossing this wave without further constraints", assures Olivier Véran
Olivier Véran has ruled out any new confinement, curfew, return of gauge or closure of businesses.

"We are ready, we are not disarmed. We have the tools to fight this fifth wave. We can succeed in crossing this wave without further constraints for the population," said the Minister of Health.

13:02
The mask should be worn at Christmas markets
The prefects will also be able to restore the mask outside during large crowds.

"Christmas markets or second-hand goods" could be concerned, announces Olivier Véran.
latest report
So as things stands Brits under 40 who currently cant get a booster/3rd does will be in the same position as Teens now and have to test daily to go skiing in France post January 15th.
snow report
I'd imagine by Jan 15 that will be updated, ie sub-40's will get the booster???
snow report
Hope so.... Anyone watching the French announcement - If you are not due a booster yet, based on the date of your 2nd jab can you still get a PS?
ski holidays
Following that link they have approved vaccine for age 5+. How long until that age group will also find themselves needing at least one dose to be allowed Health pass?
ski holidays
It's good till Jan 15, then you'll need a booster 5 to 7 months after your 2nd jab ^
latest report
snowhound wrote:
@under a new name, Although I do question the entire principle behind vaccine passports (given the limited effect vaccines have on transmission),

Fully vaccinated reduces transmission by about 75%, 3rd dose will take that to around 95%. If you have a room full of only fully (x2) jabbed, likelihood of infection/transmission pretty tiny.

But vax passports really had only two reasons, 1. allowing reasonable control between participating countries, and more importantly, 2. acting as a lever to encourage the vaccine reluctant to get jabbed. Both of which - in France anyway - have worked very well.
snow conditions
@Motherofthree,

I have a very similar problem , my daughter has had Covid and one jab is 15 and is 16 on the 24th Dec . I am currently waiting for a call from 119 as I have requested a recovery certificate which I hope will have a QE code on if that I can put on her pass sanitaire , I have one on my NHS App as I have also recovered . She cannot access the NHS app until she’s 16 and we are not sure the recovery cert will be on there when she does . Trying to get anywhere with our GP surgery is like talking to the cat !
ski holidays
@Rob Mackley, I am sure your cat is far more responsive (if my surgery and my cats are anything to go by)
snow report
Have they actually said that PS will now be required for ski lifts?

I know they previously said they would if cases reached the 200 threshold, but they haven't actually announced it.
ski holidays
HilbertSpace wrote:
Have they actually said that PS will now be required for ski lifts?

I know they previously said they would if cases reached the 200 threshold, but they haven't actually announced it.

Be prepare for this....
ski holidays
Maybe the GP surgery is prioritising other things above skiing holidays…
latest report
Any announcement about needing PS to use the lifts?

Personally we can live without going to restaurants, we just need to be able to use the lifts.

Testing every day seems overkill to me. Not sure how that is justified. But I guess it's lockdown for unvaxxed by stealth rather than directly.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you want to check if your QR code works use the TAC VERIF app. This is what bars restaurants use to check people's QR codes
snow report
@HilbertSpace, @Layne, no announcement yet I don't think but it's inevitable in next few days.
snow conditions
Anyone worked out if someone over 40 who is double jabbed, but will be under 5 months post 2nd jab will be effected? One of my mates that I'm going for a weekend with (on 20th Jan) will be in this category.
ski holidays
@under a new name, That's not the number I've read/discussed by scientists when interviewed.
But I get the fact that the main point is to make life so much of a hassle to push people into get vaxxed.
snow report
@Timmycb5, don't see why they would be... not hard to work out ...
snow conditions
@Timmycb5, it's 7 months post your second jab that it expires no?
ski holidays
@under a new name, because of this
Quote:
As of January 15, the health pass for all French people between the ages of 18 and 65 will no longer be active

He will be double jabbed, but not eligible for the booster. Or are you saying double jabbed under 5 months is still good to go?
ski holidays
The update here : https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-sanitaire
(using googles auto translate)
...suggests everyone 18-65 MUST have third jab from 15 Jan

Quote:
POINT POSITION
The validity of the "health pass" will be conditioned on the booster dose from December 15 for adults 65 years and over.
The validity of the "health pass" will be conditioned on the booster dose from January 15 for adults aged 18-65.
The validity of RT-PCR and antigen tests for the "sanitary pass" is reduced to 24 hours from November 29.
latest report
Timmycb5 wrote:
@under a new name, because of this
Quote:
As of January 15, the health pass for all French people between the ages of 18 and 65 will no longer be active

He will be double jabbed, but not eligible for the booster. Or are you saying double jabbed under 5 months is still good to go?

On 15th january, for every adult, if you don't have 3 doses then Passe Sanitaire will show a NO GO sign
snow report
Timc wrote:
12:59
PCR and antigen tests will only have a 24-hour value for the health pass
While access to the health pass was possible with a PCR or antigen test of less than 72 hours, this will no longer be the case from Monday, November 29, announced Olivier Véran.

12:58
From January 15, the health pass will no longer work without a 3rd dose
"As of January 15, the health pass for all French people between the ages of 18 and 65 will no longer be active. Those affected will have 2 months to take their third dose. You will have between the 5th and the 7th month after your second injection. to make your recall ", explained Olivier Véran.

snow report
Skimum1 wrote:
@Timmycb5, it's 7 months post your second jab that it expires no?
The language from google translate probably isn't helping here. That might be the case, so they're saying from 15th Jan, if you're 5 months post second jab, you have 2 months to get your booster, if you're 6 months on 15th Jan, you have 1 month, and if you're 7 months on 15th Jan then you're scuppered?
ski holidays
@Timmycb5, I think the gouv's not being clear, e.g. I know quite a few folks who will only just have had their 2nd dose by start of season and I don't think anyone's suggesting they get dose 3 a month later. From what I read earlier, you have 7 months from 2nd dose to get your third.

Obvs I'd want to see that in writing!!

@thierryd, even if you had dose2 on Dec 1? Doesn't sound terribly sensible.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy