Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another where to go question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Usually i avoid France because of the Language .
However with the present situation in Austria i dont think that i will manage to go . Although the owner didnt cancle our revervations until now (she said we will speak again at the first week of December and we will re-evaluate the situation) i dont think that it will be possible.
To be more accurate : the problem for me / us is not only the lock down. Austria is for German High Risk Area, meaning that coming back from there, we heve to stay in Quarantane, unless you are vaccinated. For us (me and my wife) is not a problem at all but the children (4 und 6) have to stay 5 days in Quarantane and there is not an option for a Negative Test to end this earlier.
And i dont think that this will change until maybe February or March (High Risk area etc)

So, i have to search other possible destinations
Switzerland is no1 (because of the Language) but it will be a little difficult to find something not so expensive, concidering that i will have to book something probably during the first week of December
The other alternatives are Italy and France. For Italy i have someting in mind, but for Fance i am completely lost. I have never been there (except 3-4 days for summer skiing) and at present with two kids, it is more complicated. So :

- is there any possibility to find an ski instructor who speak a little bit of Germans? i suppose not but if someone know something i will apreciate it .
Most important.. where should i go?
After a quick seachr i found some good offers for : Tignes, Les Menuires, Les Sybelles, Avoriaz and also for some more unknown ski resorts e.g. Vars, La Norma or Chatel (not so unknow ok)
Having in mind that we are talking about the 1 Week of January, do you think it will be better in one of these, or better somewhere lower? e.g. Chatel ?

The size of the skiing area its not important for me. Very important is the ski school, easy acces to the ski school, enough green - blue slopes and ( if it is possible) , near the ski school a couple of lifts who give access to red or black slopes....

For me Tignes is probably the best option (some really good offers, near the ski school, enough green blue slopes, and some more challenging slopes for me) and i suppose is big enough to do something more except skiing and sleep (swimming pools etc)

Any suggest or something that i missed?
I want only to figure out, which are the best options in France, in order to try to find something there , when the cancelation from Austria come.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I hope that this is helpful, even though it is not suggesting a resort in France.
But if you are looking for German speaking instruction, you are likely to find this in the Suedtirol.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeap...but Süd Tirol is to mir familiar. I relative know where to go or not etc
I want to have some more options to search, in such a case that Italy is also NO GO or i could not find there something "relative" cheap
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@turms2, Maisonsport - website for independent instructors - includes languages spoken in each instructors profile I believe..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I went to Alpe d heux and la plagne with my kids, both excellent resorts and we had great time, cannot comment on the language sorry,
I second sud Tyrol as a possible alternative ,when we were in Sexten and everything was in German , you would feel at home, Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not sure if you interested but I definitely heard lessons in German when we were in Andorra.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@turms2, if you want easy access to slopes, Chatel isn't for you - daily bus journey to the school meeting point in PLJ. Also, no village based snow activity for young kids - you need to take the gondola up and it closes at 18:00 afair.

Avoriaz and Les Menuires are great ski in ski out locations and plenty of snow for kids to mess in the evenings. Tignes must be good too, but I haven't been there.

Can't comment on German speaking instruction, but you can try prosneige in Les Menuires, they might have someone.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@turms2, although size of resort may not matter in itself, the larger resorts will be giving multiple lessons at the same level so you may be more likely to find a German-speaking instructor.

Perhaps also check out which French resorts companies like TUI offer in Germany - they are perhaps more likely to pick those where there is a German-speaking lesson option.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
S. Tirol is an Option. I know.
@Harrow Lady, Sexten and the 3Zinnen ist no1 option for us, but i just saw that almost all the areas in S.Tirol are "red zones". I dont know exactly what the meaning of this for the skiing, but so optimistic is not at all i think

@Oleski , thanks. Then Chatel is out. I will check about the others... Les2Alpes, Les Menuires and Tignes...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy