Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New year with kids? Err, make that half term instead.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Really hope to get skiing with my 14 yr old daughter this season, new year might be the only time to do it, the family bash was excellent 2 years ago but daughter has horsey events at Easter.
Ideally I would want to arrange something with other families, Ruthy_c is very sociable and quite a good skier.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 24-11-21 19:49; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are doing UCPA family week in la plagne for new year with our 14 year old. Looks a good mix for families and different ski abilities. We have booked for Action Outdoors and are driving from the UK.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My daughter and family did UCPA family week in La Plagne a couple of years ago - they enjoyed it very much indeed. They drove, too. There are two UCPA centres in La Plagne I think - they were in the one right up on the piste which goes through the buildings, which was super convenient.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That is the one we are staying in. Going to be four adults, one 18yr and one 14yr. We are all mixed ability so the format will be great for us hopefully. Plus the value for a new year trip is amazing.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
After a bit of a round robin of family discussion, half term has been settled on for skiing.
Only ever done Andorra at half term, is France & 3v as bad as people say re queues?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

is France & 3v as bad as people say re queues?

Probably no worse than New Year, and with better snow..... Best to be in lessons, with priority lift access.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The school holiday planner that is around on a thread somewhere suggests that Austria will be very quiet during the UK half term week (12th-19th Feb), as the Dutch and German (esp. Bayern) holidays are the weeks afterwards. Getting out there to enjoy that week, though, is another thing....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are going to Italy at half term (12-19 February) and flying to an Italian airport to remove crossing borders after landing.
It’s a difficult balance between a resort that is busy enough to have other families but not overwhelmed at half term.
Dolomites for us
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@tangowaggon, we've done France a couple of half terms and gone for smaller, not so much English and non-Tarantaise resorts so easier drive from the UK, including Les Contamines and I think there's a UCPA there. These resorts might not have the challenge /mileage of the big name ones that you might want though. Once we clashed with Paris HT week, once not I don't think it made any discernible difference to business, both were buiser than VT at Easter!

I have a feeling you'd be flying though and I think GVA flight prices for HT were ludicrous when I last checked. Worth bearing in mind that HT seems to be split over 2 weeks this year in the UK and yours might not be as bad as our dates made the flight prices.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ruth's half term is 21-25th feb
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy