Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What to do, what to do

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Like most people - no skiing this year (2021) but desperately looking forward to getting on the snow in 2022.

In light of the Austria news - is this likely to happen?

We plan to ski late - end of March 2022 due to other commitments- and the TOs are taking bookings - with reasonably good prices atm - for the Austrian resorts - but are they likely to go ahead and what will the ski experience be like? We enjoy the apes nearly as much as the time on the snow.

Thoughts? What are other people doing?

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Book it if fully protected, then prepare yourself to go elsewhere at very late notice (skiing or not) such that you've not got it all hanging on THAT holiday's expectations.

Chances are that many things will change between now and then, all of which you aren't able to control. Best planning but think free choice if unable to fulfill.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
March is a long way way.. would expect this current wave to be over, but what about the next wave? If Austria is where the UK was 6 weeks ago, then you can probably gauge come January what the picture looks like.

Im off to Austria in 4 weeks, France late March.
I accept covid is something I have to live with. Polio & smallpox mass vaccinations still took a decade to eradicate the virus.
I have had Easyjet cancel my flight on me & had to rebook everything. Different destination airport, resort, travel day, etc. My original booking was flexible accommodation, so no monies lost. Easyjet then cancelled my rebooking! I have managed to keep all the elements, but now flying BA from LHR instead of from Bristol.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I actually think a lockdown now will increase your chances of being able to ski in March/April, as rates should have diminished by then. I suppose one risk is that if the lockdown lasts beyond, say December, that some elements of the industry might not open at all this Winter.
On balance I would still book.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Ryunis, there is no lockdown for vaccinated people. The industry will open / is opening as normal unless something changes. The thing that makes the biggest difference is Germany putting Austria on the red list meaning unvaccinated children need to quarantine on return. German families are reckoned to be +/- 20% of Austrian winter tourism.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris_n wrote:
@Ryunis, there is no lockdown for vaccinated people. The industry will open / is opening as normal unless something changes. The thing that makes the biggest difference is Germany putting Austria on the red list meaning unvaccinated children need to quarantine on return. German families are reckoned to be +/- 20% of Austrian winter tourism.

Wow just shows how sensationalist some of the news headlines are doesn't it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@shockingmoment, there is room for optimism, some of us here already went skiing in Austria. Glaciers, of course.
A lot of of us are booked for the 2 first weeks of December in Tignes, and a lot more have reserved skiing vacations all over the Alps for Christmas and NYE.
The only thing I am actually worried about is the global warming effect on my possibility to ski, this winter and all the future ones.
BTW, last winter some SH went skiing in CH, Kyrgyzstan or Gudauri Georgia.
Where there's a will, there's a way.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@drporat, I did loads of skiing last year. Mostly uphill.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

@under a new name, unfortunately I didn't.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks folks for the response. Thought long and hard and decided to wait and see how things develop.

Late March is out only available date - we can do last minute without any issues - as in 'can you leave this afternoon' last minute!

I'll keep watching the way things develop in resort - I suspect lots of people will be very, very keen to get back on the slopes so queues may be huge - even outside school holidays.

The après scene is important - we do enjoy a few beers after the exertions of the day, and have been known to skip dinner if the apes scene is good. I'd hate for this not to be a part of the holiday!

Thanks again and good luck everyone!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
We enjoy the apes nearly as much as the time on the snow.

Those apes sounds more risky than skiing, even if the nice Austrian authorities prevent
them being anti-vaxers.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
drporat wrote:

@under a new name, unfortunately I didn't.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@BobinCH, thank God I mountain bike and road cycle. Eh oh! Eh oh!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
philwig wrote:
Quote:
We enjoy the apes nearly as much as the time on the snow.

Those apes sounds more risky than skiing, even if the nice Austrian authorities prevent
them being anti-vaxers.

Don't knock it till you've tried it! Well worth the risk!

No monkeying about now!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy