Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis on Eurostar -NEW RULES???!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone shed any light on this. It seems there are stricter luggage policies on Eurostar, and skis are oversized. You can book oversized baggage, but max length 165cm, and there is a not insignificant charge (£40 each way?) - even more if you book at check in.
If correct this all changes the attractiveness of Eurostar. I have many times travelled and taken skis - even a big 3 ski pag fits in the overhead baggage, you sometimes have to 'ask nicely' to make space, but no problems. Or they also fit upright in some of the end luggage spaces.
I've just booked some trains for skiing, now worried I am going to be penalised
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've just found this additional comment ... Strangely this come on a page with a picture of skiing, but NO advice on skis for travel to and from London. However for "travelling between France Belgium Germany and Netherlands" it says the following ... I guess we assume this means travelling between London and those countries - its Eurostar after all. (note there are currently NO direct trains to any of the named places here!)
Skis and snowboards
On our direct trains to Bourg-St-Maurice, Lyon, Avignon and Marseille we allocate extra space on board so you can take one pair of skis or one snowboard on board with you in addition to your standard adult luggage allowance. For safety reasons, skis and snowboards have to be kept in a protective case that covers the whole item.

On all other trains, they’re included as one of your two pieces of luggage.

Phew ... I think
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On our direct trains to Bourg-St-Maurice, Lyon, Avignon and Marseille we allocate extra space on board so you can take one pair of skis or one snowboard on board with you in addition to your standard adult luggage allowance. For safety reasons, skis and snowboards have to be kept in a protective case that covers the whole item.

It's not a direct train, don't you have to change in Paris?

could get charged for the cross channel leg.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's the question ..but I THINK this if covered by the phrase "on all other trains they're included in your two pieces of luggage". But good news, had a response from Eurostar as follows:
Dear Tom,

Thank you for your email.

You can take your skis / snowboard as one?of your two pieces of luggage. Skis / snowboards can be stored on the overhead luggage racks.?For safety reasons, skis?/ snowboards have to be kept in a protective case that covers the whole item.

Standard / Standard Premier luggage allowance:
2 x pieces of luggage up to 85cm long or 1 piece of luggage up to 85cm & a set of skis or a snowboard
plus
1 x hand luggage
e.g., handbag, laptop bag or briefcase

Business Premier luggage allowance:
3 x pieces of luggage up to 85cm long or 2 pieces of luggage up to 85cm & a set of skis or a snowboard
plus
1 x hand luggage
e.g., handbag, laptop bag or briefcase

Kind regards,
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Already discussed and put to bed here

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5160421&highlight=eurostar#5160421

Don’t panic
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah yes, I panicked Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy