Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss Air Ski Carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am going to Verbier for 10 weeks in Jan. Swiss seem to allow 1 pair of ski's in addition to luggage allowance. I am taking 2 pairs of skis and was wondering if anyone knows whether they count as a pair of skis if I put both in a double ski bag. I know the weight limit for the ski bag needs to be less than 23kg which shouldn't be a problem. Also any suggestions for wheel vs non-wheel for the double ski bag ??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Am hoping they wont even look inside as hoping to get a few pairs in one bag at Xmas. I’ll let you know what happens. Usually they just care that its in the weight and size specs. Make sure you tell Swiss that you intend bringing one as they like to be notified.

The wheeled ones are heavy and unwieldy but good if you carried a lot of weight . But if youre only putting in 2 pairs I’d just go for non-wheeled. I imagine any decent bag will do, but good to have a divider or separate sections for each pair. Don’t bother spending too much money on one whichever you get as the baggage handlers love a nice new bag to throw around
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do note, that with SWISS, if you select the cheapest “lite” option with cabin baggage only, then skis do not go free.

I don’t imagine there will be an issue with more than one pair of skis in a bag. You have to phone them to “book” the space on the plane, and they told me max length was 200cm and max weight 32Kg.

Lufthansa have the same deal, and they often code-share.

EDIT: Correction, it seems that Lufthansa need to be notified, but SWISS don’t.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 21-11-21 9:17; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've never notified Swiss that I was bringing skis. Lufthansa ask for that, but Swiss certainly haven't in the past.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flown with Swiss loads of times. Always had normal bag and a snowboard bag. I have had 2 boards and all sorts of stuff in mine, a friend has had 3 boards in theirs. As long as it's under 23kg, never been a problem. Mainly Gatwick or Heathrow to Geneva, sometimes via Zurich.

Never told them in advance any of us have ski or board bags.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sugarmoma666 wrote:
I've never notified Swiss that I was bringing skis. Lufthansa ask for that, but Swiss certainly haven't in the past.

Yes, my mistake, Swiss don’t require advance notice.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can read the small print regarding ski transport here. They are pretty insistent, that only skis can be be in the bag, plus “one other item”; clearly, they have had issues in the past. But as always, just be really nice and friendly to the check-in staff, and I don’t think you will have an issue:

https://www.swiss.com/xx/en/prepare/baggage/sports-equipment
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the replies. I've found their FAQs on ski sports baggage which I think answers the questions. Fingers crossed now that Covid doesn't wreck this season too Confused

https://www.swiss.com/xx/en/customer-support/faq/sports-equipment
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy