Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ICE masterclass course

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all,

I'm thinking of booking an ICE masterclass course in Val d'isere in early January. Has anyone been on the course and have any feedback?

I'm a fair skier and after having a few years off due to young family I'm now looking to get back into the swing of things but wanted some tuition before the main ski holiday I've booked later in February.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We did their 4 week performance course back in Jan 2016-and back then the way they organised it was for the week long masterclass/offpiste courses to dovetail with the people on the performance course (plus any more "mature" students on the instructor course). I cannot recommend it highly enough. It was the best ski tuition I have ever had-we skied mostly with Mark Jones over the 4 weeks, but also Rupert Tildsley and David Cowell (the latter is the most smiley instructor ever-now known as "Smiley Dave"). Despite being instructors year in year out, they remain totally enthusiastic about skiing and really know how to teach and adjust their advice according to how each individual appears to learn.
Those who got to ski with Rupert Goldring just think he is a god. We didn't, he was mostly dealing with the "Gap Yah" students, but one the friends we made over the 4 weeks has signed up to any off piste or perfomance week he runs since then.
If you go for it, you'll end up wishing you could stay longer!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 12-11-21 21:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Perty wrote:
...and David Cowell (the latter is the most smiley instructor ever-now known as "Smiley Dave").

Dave is one of the best Instructors I've had the pleasure to have had a lesson with. It was way back when he worked for Snow Fun and was known as Dave C, to differentiate him from other Daves.

He was also the Instructor who managed to get Lady F down The Face, in thick fog....and as such, made it into one of my Tall Tales. I suspect he probably still remembers the fiery, auburn-haired Colleen, who swore at him in Irish, most of the way down (well after she raised her Goggles and saw it was not a Blue Run. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies...

I can only go for the one week and according to the website it promises to be a mixture of disciplines so pretty much ticks all the boxes and with such good reviews I'll definitely book!

Thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy